September's Legendary Hero - Tiki: Legendary Dragon

Fire Emblem Fan

@Ice Dragon I just recently comes to this, but is Berserk Armads really THE sole min maxed Legendary? Both it and Dark Mystletainn shares their ability of improving a special by 3 Tier when you fulfill its conditional. What makes Berserk Armads went onwards?

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Nah but I was, perhaps foolishly, hoping the inevitable Legendary Tiki would be her adult form, but I guess her young self is more iconic. Can't say I'm a fan of the artstyle, and the length of the dress is still off-putting. 

Guess it's a good thing I don't want her given my orb status and failing hunt for Flora, but she'll be a pain in Arena, that's for sure. 

This leg banner is luckily an easy pass for me for various reasons:

- Tiki is clearly a whale bait. Armor + Earth + Dragon
- I hate those Kindergarden designs so i pass on those units easy
- Fierce Breath will be locked on her but i dont care. Steady Breath is enough for me
- I have 0 interest in the spring units, they have no unique skills to summon them, same with bride tharja
- Robin, Hector and Ike are allready +10 soo.... and i still have copies from BIKE laying around for fodder.

soo yeah.... and Tiki is a dragon, so fuck that. My orbs are safe!

Now the Abyssal battle will be fun against a Blue Dragon Armor unit with innate Distant counter and Fierce Breath. Its time to take out Desperation Brash assault Deirdra in that case ._.

25 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Ice Dragon I just recently comes to this, but is Berserk Armads really THE sole min maxed Legendary? Both it and Dark Mystletainn shares their ability of improving a special by 3 Tier when you fulfill its conditional. What makes Berserk Armads went onwards?

The difference between the two is the same as the difference between Wrath and Special Spiral... which makes sense because that's actually the exact difference between them.

What makes Wrath better than Special Spiral in the general sense is the first round of combat. Both of them reduce your effective Special cooldown by 2. However, Special Spiral locks both points behind the first activation of the unit's Special, whereas Wrath only locks one point (since the other point is the +10 damage that always applies).

This means that while Special Spiral has slightly better performance after the first round of combat (because +1 Special tier is slightly better than +10 damage), Wrath has the better first round of combat and is slightly easier to set up.

Finally, due to the fact that part of Wrath splits its boost as 1 point in cooldown reduction and 1 point in damage output, it doesn't cap out as quickly as Special Spiral, which puts its boost as 2 points in cooldown reduction. Basically, Special Spiral + Ignis is equivalent to Wrath + Bonfire, meaning Wrath has the flexibility to sacrifice another point of cooldown to boost damage whereas Special Spiral cannot. (And indeed, if you really wanted stupid amounts of damage, you can run Berserk Armads + Wrath + Ignis for a "tier-6" Special in terms of damage and still activate it on turn 1 with Steady Breath and Quickened Pulse.)

Taken out of their vacuums, you then have the issue that Dark Mystletainn is locked to two cavalry units that can't run Special Spiral or Wrath in their B slot to further boost their power, whereas Berserk Armads is locked to two armored units that pretty much have free reign on skill compatibility.

@mampfoid Lucky you. This banner is particularly irritating for me. It should be an easy skip but it's got some big ones for me.

Red: Ike's back's again. Warding Breath fodder and an Earth Blessing is always nice, but I don't need him obviously. B!Tharja I actively skipped on her original banner and I'm not hurting for red mages, nevermind that she has no real amazing fodder either so she's likely a bench warmer. This color would be an easy pass... the problem... is that I really want Karla.... between her and Warding Breath fodder I'm pretty much forced to pull.

Blue: Tiki is ridiculous. Not only that but I'm lacking a competent blue dragon (never raised M!Kana and refuse to acknowledge my *5 Nowi that I never use and only promoted for the TT she was a bonus unit in.). However... she's massively cockblocked by Spring Catria whom I have no need or desire for and Micaiah of whom I'm STILL sitting on an extra copy. Then there's the realization that between CYL Hector and LA!Lyn who I can give Bold Fighter any time I wish... I'm not really hurting for blue armors. Even if the new one is a a dragonslayer. It's crazy to say but I'm tempted to avoid blue.

Green: Already have L!Hector but I can never say no to Steady Breath or Vengeful Fighter fodder. The latter of which I've never had before. Granted my +10 Nino completely invalidates Sharena as a unit, but between her and those two, it's worth a try.

Colorless: Solid pass. Maribelle may be a high end staff unit with the built-in potential for Razzle Dazzle as a horse unit (and come with Staff Valor!) but all I'm looking at in my mind is "Not" Veronica. Plus in order for her to be Dazzing Staff fodder I've have to pull 2 of her. I'd like Jaffar but in no way do I need him right now nor do I need Grima. I wanted her and I wanted RES Smoke fodder for my M!Morgan. I got exactly those 2 things the very first banner she was on.

Red and Green are solid choices so I'll throw my 30-60 orbs mostly that way. I may pull blue some depending on the pool and maybe one colorless orb or two. The best thing I could hope for is to get Karla or Tiki and get out of there. The Ikes would be a nice consolation, but the seasonals are a hard no. Legit if my free pool is some nonsense like 2 blues and 3 colorless, I'm grabbing those blues and backing out.

Edited by Zeo

I really want Tiki because I LOVE dragons, but I have no orbs left (Laevatein hate me and Helbindi love me,  sadly I wanted Laevatein or Laegjarn). In this banner I have already a character per color, except that I do not have any blue character. Hoping you all have what you want!

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The difference between the two is the same as the difference between Wrath and Special Spiral... which makes sense because that's actually the exact difference between them.

What makes Wrath better than Special Spiral in the general sense is the first round of combat. Both of them reduce your effective Special cooldown by 2. However, Special Spiral locks both points behind the first activation of the unit's Special, whereas Wrath only locks one point (since the other point is the +10 damage that always applies).

This means that while Special Spiral has slightly better performance after the first round of combat (because +1 Special tier is slightly better than +10 damage), Wrath has the better first round of combat and is slightly easier to set up.

Finally, due to the fact that part of Wrath splits its boost as 1 point in cooldown reduction and 1 point in damage output, it doesn't cap out as quickly as Special Spiral, which puts its boost as 2 points in cooldown reduction. Basically, Special Spiral + Ignis is equivalent to Wrath + Bonfire, meaning Wrath has the flexibility to sacrifice another point of cooldown to boost damage whereas Special Spiral cannot. (And indeed, if you really wanted stupid amounts of damage, you can run Berserk Armads + Wrath + Ignis for a "tier-6" Special in terms of damage and still activate it on turn 1 with Steady Breath and Quickened Pulse.)

Taken out of their vacuums, you then have the issue that Dark Mystletainn is locked to two cavalry units that can't run Special Spiral or Wrath in their B slot to further boost their power, whereas Berserk Armads is locked to two armored units that pretty much have free reign on skill compatibility.

How does AOE Dark Mystletainn compares to Berserk Armads Wrath Ignis? From what i know through numberworks, AOE 1.5 is basically Astra right?

Or is that a case by case basis?

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I'll give my opinion on the colors.

Red is the best color out of this batch. You've got Warding Breath, Wrath, Even SPD Wave, SPD feint, rally atk/spd. It's really the only color that's entirely good this time. Plus the red pool has the best 3-4* fodder out of any color

I'd avoid blues if I were you. Pretty weak line-up. Tiki is definitely the best out of the bunch as both a unit and fodder. Micaiah and Catria are one ofs for AA that you don't really use for fodder as chill skills are largely dependant of colors and Micaiah's fodder is meh. One of them is really all you want at most. Just think of it this way, it's quite likely you'll only get multiples of one unit. Which unit do you want that to be and will that unit offer good fodder? It's like Azura all over again. I know a guy who got 10+ Azuras and only got 1 Bowcina. This could be you. They're not necessarily as bad as Azura, but you get the point

Green is okay, not the best, but something I'd consider pulling for if red isn't appealing. You get a good legendary hero, DC, Steady Breath and at worst Res Tactics. Sharena isn't that bad to get if you do get one as she'll come handy in AA.

Colorless is the weakest here. Only one good fodder. Dazzling Staff and Trilemma if you're up for it. Jaffar is meh. Okayish unit and okayish at best fodder. Maribelle is like "You have a bunch good horse healers in the 3-4* pool, use them. Also you just got Ethlyn". And please, don't snipe for Dazzling Staff. Unit sniping on legendary banners is a bad idea. Frima is okay, but has extremely lackluster fodder

So going in order of priority: red > green > blue > colorless

I'm a little tempted to go for some blue pulls since I'd like to pull more Micaiahs, but I have a feeling that I might get anything but her. Though the red units look quite good and I'd have a use for any of them, so I'm not too sure. I have 700 orbs saved so far so I might just continue to save.

Not the must have legendary banner for me which is nice for a change.

Don’t have any of the blues so they might be priority. A bit eh at Tiki but i don’t have an armoured dragon and blue dragonslayer is okay. Still no Micaiah and Thani is always a useful niche. Catria is better Olwen so a nice speedy blue tome cav would be nice but i want her the least out of the blue pool.

red is okay and green is alright as well. Might go green if no blues then red. Will only open colourless if i get a 5 star with a good rate and hope for multiple 5 stars in a session. A non -Atk Maribelle would be nice.

Unstoppable! Blue! And completely taci-

No, wait, wrong blue beast. Anyways, we got Tiki (I actually am not all that mad). She has Divine Mist, which has Dragon effectiveness and DC (OK, I am loving that), Moonbow which is Moonbow, Fierce Breath (I was wondering if it would ever show up), which is the attack Breath skill (Honestly, that alone would be great fodder, though I can hear the rage), Bold Fighter which is Bold Fighter and With Everyone!, which gives +5 Def/Res to every single adjacent ally and herself, which is nice. She's also finally yellow.

As for the others, Red has D!Ike, Karla and Bridal Tharja, where D!Ike could be great fodder and I don't have the other two, Blue has Michiah and Spring Catria, of which Michiah would be nice to have and Spring Catria could be neat, Green has L!Hector, Spring Sharena and B!Ike, where I kind of wish the non-legendaries were different because as I learned the last time I tried to get 1 green unit I CAN NEVER HAVE NICE THINGS (Though Ike would be nice fodder). Colourless has F!Grima, Maribelle and Jaffar, well I'm sad now because Maribelle is one of the units I'd really like the chance to pull for, but not like this. So every single colour has something but I'm a bit stung after last time. So this time it's Blue > Red > Green > Colourless.

We need more dragonslaying weapons I guess, though at least we have Naga to slap her child down.

Edit: I also forgot she's our first default Blue Dragonslayer (Ryoma needs SI).

Edited by Dayni

It's a fine thing I didn't 5* my Garon just yet. He would die against this poncho in a second. I would call her the green Robin, but she's better because of Bold Fighter.

Edited by Garlyle

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Lucky you. This banner is particularly irritating for me. It should be an easy skip but it's got some big ones for me.

Na, I wanted this banner to be good, but it isn't. I really don't want to snipe colorless, it's painful.

Bet I'll get +SPD Hector and 2 Jaffars? 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Na, I wanted this banner to be good, but it isn't. I really don't want to snipe colorless, it's painful.

Bet I'll get +SPD Hector and 2 Jaffars? 

nah, get -ATK Maribelle instead

*runs

52 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

How does AOE Dark Mystletainn compares to Berserk Armads Wrath Ignis? From what i know through numberworks, AOE 1.5 is basically Astra right?

Or is that a case by case basis?

Blazing skills are 1.5× damage excluding in-combat buffs and the weapon triangle. Astra is 2.5× damage including in-combat buffs and the weapon triangle.

Blazing skills are obviously better if you hit multiple opponents, but that's not guaranteed and doesn't help you in the single round of combat you've initiated.

@mampfoid That would suck a whole lot. As someone who enjoys dagger units. I rarely field them (outside of occasionally Sothe, Kagero and of course, Matt) in AA and Jaffar is so underwhelming as a unit dare I say he needs to demote. I just want him cause FE7 bias. He'd make a great support at +10 with his dagger. Free attacks vs mages + Sweep skill and double Savage Blow 3 = 10 damage on the unit he's attacking + 24 damage to other enemy units WITH debuffs. Sadly this is a hypothetical since he's still *5 locked for some reason. Meanwhile... here's hoping you grab F!Grima right away and have a nice huge nest egg for the next banner that really interests you. Brave Roy +10 perhaps?

9 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

nah, get -ATK Maribelle instead

I would gladly take -ATK Maribelle over 4 Jaffars. 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Vengeful Fighter and Life and Death. Delicious.

Armor stuff I don't care for and a skill obtainable via Sothe and Hana.  

(I wouldn't complain getting a Hector though, I could use him to lower everyone's special counter in One-turn clears.)

/Edit: @Zeo Thanks, that would be cool. Perhaps I would try for Ophelia or a Muspel general then, or just wait for the Halloween units. 

Good luck getting Karla! 

Edited by mampfoid

Just a few things I should mention when it comes to Lector and Bike as fodder. You can fodder Lector to a armor and get DC and VF2 (it's superior to QR3). If you have a Silas then you can fodder his steady stance and Sol/Luna from somewhere else and be able to get both Steady Breath and Aether at the same time from just one Bike

Edited by silveraura25

Red - Don't care for Ike, don't care for Tharja, Karla is meh but I already have her.

Blue - Urgh, another Tiki. I've grown to like her less and less the more attention she seems to get. It doesn't help that her really annoying original young version has the most annoying map quote to me and also pitybroke me six times going for Ryoma... Catria is not someone I care for. Wouldn't mind Micaiah but not enough to actually pull for her.

Green - I have a really dusty CYL Ike who never sees use. I like the Bunny Sharena I did get but the dupe I didn't need is currently sitting dusty. Would love Legendary Hector, but not at the risk of getting those two again and again and again.

Colourless - Have Jaffar and Maribelle. Wouldn't mind F!Grima but not enough to actively try for her. It also irritates me that she keeps appearing because they can't seem to be bothered to come up with another colourless hero.

Overall, massive skip for me. I guess it sets me up nicely for Halloween, at least.

Interesting that we get Tiki now. Guess that throws out for good the idea legendaries are associated with banners from the month they appear.

She looks like she'll be an incredibly good unit, and the banner looks strong overall. Despite that, I'm not sure if I care to pull. Tiki's art is good, but specifically the mouth on the default pose is really off-putting for me. I like the rest of the art, but that's just kinda weird. Character wise, I don't really care much about the loli dragons. I'd be a little more inclined to pull if it were adult Tiki instead. She still looks really strong and would be a good pickup, but I pull for favorites not powercreep.

• Red is nice since I'd like a better IV Tharja and I don't have Karla. I'm not too concerned about getting Karla, though, and I'm not interested in more copies of Ike. If I want more Tharjas I'd be better off waiting for the actual bride rerun next year.
  • Blue is obviously good for Tiki and I'd like a new S.Catria too (mine's -atk). Micaiah's a bad sight for me, though. I have a decent enough one and no need for more. I'd be going blue mainly for Catria.
  • Green is amazing for fodder. SB, DC, and VF. I could always use more SB and I don't have L.Hector or S.Sharena.
  • Colorless is nice. I need to fix the IVs of both my Grima (-atk) and Maribelle (-spd). I don't have Jaffar, but I don't care about him either.

Green and colorless would be nice for me, and maybe some blue. However, between Halloween and the Muspell and Fates banners I think I have other things I want my orbs for instead right now.

Edited by Alkaid

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Armor stuff I don't care for and a skill obtainable via Sothe and Hana.  

Hana costs 20k and Sothe costs sifting through countless and useless healers, Matthews, Gauises, and Saizos.

There are literally four desirable non-5★ greys: Klein, Sothe, Niles, and Legault. Everything else is gutter.