September's Legendary Hero - Tiki: Legendary Dragon

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

To be honest L!Lucina proved to be pretty fun and useful, but I still don't get the sense of colored daggers. 

Colored staffs when?

She could have still been grey.

Just distribute existing greys into other colours and abolish the category altogether already.

Crack theory: what if Tiki is here to promote Dragalia Lost? Of course that involves Nintendo getting IS to promote a game by Cygames, but Dragalia was pretty hyped up recently (and has obviously been in development a long time, so the collab wouldn't have been a last-minute thing).

...or I may just be clutching at straws to maintain the "Legendary Hero matches the recent banner" pattern. Probably that.

Edited by DefyingFates

17 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Crack theory: what if Tiki is here to promote Dragalia Lost? Of course that involves Nintendo getting IS to promote a game by Cygames, but Dragalia was pretty hyped up recently (and has obviously been in development a long time, so the collab wouldn't have been a last-minute thing).

...or I may just be clutching at straws to maintain the "Legendary Hero matches the recent banner" pattern. Probably that.

why would IS shoot themself into the foot by promoting another Gatcha game? Companys within companys still are competitiv to each other because each of them want to deliver the better results then the other.

Edited by Hilda

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

why would IS shoot themself into the foot by promoting another Gatcha game? Companys within companys still are competitiv to each other because each of them want to deliver the better results then the other.

Collaborating or "advertising" other gacha games is pretty common since it's a two-way deal.

FFBE held a Star Ocean collaboration when the Star Ocean gacha got released. In response, Star Ocean will have an FFBE collaboration later down the line.

Wow, I find this banner amazing. Having almost 200 orbs again feels good, since I can spend all of them here. Probably I’ll skip grey this time instead of full pulls, unless I’ve got a 5* in that same session. The other 3 colours have amazing fodder and/or units I don’t have. Highlights for green. After my +10 B!Ike I want to give SB to more units (currently only on +10 B!Ike and +4 Donnel)

29 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Collaborating or "advertising" other gacha games is pretty common since it's a two-way deal.

FFBE held a Star Ocean collaboration when the Star Ocean gacha got released. In response, Star Ocean will have an FFBE collaboration later down the line.

both those Franchises are popular (or fairly in the case of Star Ocean) and by the same Company.

Fire emblem is a much much more popular Franchise than Dragolia (or how it is called). What does FE gain from a collab with them? nothing, ecxept maybe lost customers and maybe being associated with a potential bad game. I wouldnt touch Dragolia with a tenfoot pole atm unless it gains a bit popularity and has quality reviews.
Collabs can impact another brand negative too you know.

23 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So what's the story theme of this Tiki supposed to be? Hector was as a Marques, Lyn as a nomad and Ryoma a flyer but this just seems to be regular old Tiki with a cloak. 

That's not a regular cloak, it's an armored one. It gives extra defense not just to her, but to everyone around her.

Tiki looks amazing. Fierce Breath is a interessante choice, and works pretty well with Bold Fighter, because she has a way to trigger special skills faster in both phases, although I still consider Steady Breath better. With Everyone! is another interesting skill. A Fortify skill combined with Wave skill sounds great. And I also have Aether ready to give her, if I got her. With Ephraim in October, Lucina in November and Fjorm in December, Tiki will returno only in January, or in February if January Hero is a blue one.

Having a Legendary Blue Dragon Corrin would make more sense... 

About the others units... I am going with reds, because I don't have Karla or Tharja, blues, because I don't have Catria and green, because I would like to have more Steady Breath and Distant Counter fodders, and I don't have Sharena. Colorless? Meh... It's a easy skip!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

44 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So what's the story theme of this Tiki supposed to be? Hector was as a Marques, Lyn as a nomad and Ryoma a flyer but this just seems to be regular old Tiki with a cloak. 

Well surprisingly, this seems to be an earlier stage of life for Divine Dragon Waifu, as I understand she was cloaked during the very first release of the franchise and book 1 from Mystery of the Emblem. 

latest?cb=20160428082537

I kinda wish she was Wind or Water. None of the wind or water Legendaries really grab me. I like F!Grima so earth is usually a solid team and my Ephraim makes fire solid. Still Armors would like the earth boost. Amelia is already earth blessed and she would greatly appreciate a blue armor buddy. Particularly one who comes with Bold and a Breath and can counter regardless of range.

What of the other blues? Micaiah. My only one is neg attack so a better base would be nice. Spring Catria. My best one is neg attack so a better base would be nice. So yeah I can go whole hog on blue. As such I probably won't see a single blue orb. Right?

Green. Legendary Hector isn't high on my list. But one I don't have him and two DC is awesome so multiples won't make me want to cry. Brave Ike is valuable fodder. Spring Sharena I would be meh about. Not as good as blue, but better than Red and colorless.

Colorless. Grima is nice, but I have no interest in Jaffar or Maribelle. Though I at least don't have the latter yet. But this is a pass.

Red. Don't have Karla or Tharja, but I have little interest in them. And Ike is really only good for breath fodder for me. And holy crap, this banner has THREE earth Legendaries on it?!

So blue blue blue, with being willing to open green. I hope not to see colorless and red. So that is going to be all I see.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Blazing skills are 1.5× damage excluding in-combat buffs and the weapon triangle. Astra is 2.5× damage including in-combat buffs and the weapon triangle.

Blazing skills are obviously better if you hit multiple opponents, but that's not guaranteed and doesn't help you in the single round of combat you've initiated.

Wait Astra is 2.5 of damage, Blazing is 1x of attack damage from standard attack + 1.5 damage of the AOE itself. Isnt it the same damage wise? Unless you count them as separate

Also fun note regarding Tiki as Armor. Mind i personally think this isnt intended and the only reason shes an armor is cash grab.

FE1 Tiki IS practically an armor. Just like Bantu, she have low movement(thanks to Archanea movement creep) and Dragonstones most distinct feature is its hilarious increase of defense. In fact if you consider defense as signature stats of armor, Tiki and Bantu is notable for having the highest potential defense out of any unit in the series

So in term of historic reference, Tiki and Bantu as Draco Armor makes much more sense than you think

....yeah right. Keep dreaming an old man is being an armor

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

13 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wait Astra is 2.5 of damage, Blazing is 1x of attack damage from standard attack + 1.5 damage of the AOE itself. Isnt it the same damage wise? Unless you count them as separate

If I am not wrong, AOE specials ignore foe's Def and Res, so it's not the same.

Edit: Nevermind. I read the skills description right now... It's Atk - Def or Res.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not only this but we also have Steady Breath, Warding Breath and Fierce Breath in the same banner.

You think that would have clicked for me since I effectively mentioned all three. But nope. Didn't click. Probably because I don't expect to get more than one Tiki and I NEVER fodder my only copy so I only see her as a unit and not fodder.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If I am not wrong, AOE specials ignore foe's Def and Res, so it's not the same.

AOE specials ignore the triangle. Not Def and Res. Just like the description it literally just takes your units ATK and minuses by the foe's def/res. The Blazings get 1.5 times the final result. If memory serves in combat boosts don't get taken into account so it effectively disables wards and spurs and drives. I actually like to keep Reinhardt's special for that reason. Lets him punch through some greens at times that he wouldn't otherwise manage.

I uuuuh... run some numbers on my Google Sheets. And if the predictions are correct and Tiki is a Gen 2 Armored Trainee, she can have 47 starting stats with 305% total growth rate by gamepedia stat growths. Which potentially can result in 179 BST

For the record, the highest BST so far was around 175.

179 - 45 (which is known from her HP) is 134 split between all other stats, and we are expecting a low speed for her. This is troubling. 45/40/20/42/32 is a possible spread for Lv.40 with 17/10/5/9/6 bases and 65/70/35/75/60 growths.

EDIT: 19/9/4/9/6 stats and 60/75/35/75/60 growth reached 180 BST(45/42/19/42/32)

qAZn4Qg.png

Edited by Garlyle

26 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I uuuuh... run some numbers on my Google Sheets. And if the predictions are correct and Tiki is a Gen 2 Armored Trainee, she can have 47 starting stats with 305% total growth rate by gamepedia stat growths. Which potentially can result in 179 BST

For the record, the highest BST so far was around 175.

179 - 45 (which is known from her HP) is 134 split between all other stats, and we are expecting a low speed for her. This is troubling. 45/40/20/42/32 is a possible spread for Lv.40 with 17/10/5/9/6 bases and 65/70/35/75/60 growths.

EDIT: 19/9/4/9/6 stats and 60/75/35/75/60 growth reached 180 BST(45/42/19/42/32)

Wouldn't surprise me if she has 179 BST with a superboon to give her 180.

So in terms of priorities:

Red: Eh, this is my skip. Never cared for Ike and only really use him for those guides for Abyssal. I already got a perfect Karla and while I’m not against merges she’s not someone I’d want to pull on a legendary banner. Never got Tharja, and she’s got nice toys, but I don’t care enough about her to try to get her. Overall hard pass.

Blue: Tiki looks so stacked and I’d love to add her to the team, but the other two really turn me off. I already have both Micaiah and Catria, so I’m not interested in more copies. I’ll pick a few early on but then ignore blue orbs.

Green: My color of choice. My current L!Hector has terrible IVs so I’m hoping for a potential replacement. Brave Ike has Aether and Steady Breath, which is very nice fodder. Sharena I never got, and the only thing she really has that interests me is Rally Atk/Spd, but I never had her before so it wouldn’t be too disappointing.

Colorless: Actually my second choice. My F!Grima still has bad IVs, as does Maribelle. Plus I want Dazzling Staff for Ethlyn in case Maribelle let’s me down with another speed bane or perhaps an attack one. Jaffar actually doesn’t turn me off much. I’ve always been curious about his potential and I currently have a great IV one that I use infrequently. Another merge gives 1 to his attack, so I’m fine with him. 

So it’s Green>Colorless>Blue>>>>>>Red for me.