Dragalia Lost!

Corrobin

44 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Even a 4* can get 100% immunity. It’s mostly just the 3*s that are needlessly underwhelming. I mean, there are quite a few 4*s that can give nat 5*s a run for their money. Especially the 5* archers. Goddamn those are bad.

You say "5* archers" like it's a big category, when the only 5* bow users right now are Nefaria and Hawk. Nefaria at least has the niche of being the only Dark-elemental archer we have right now, which says a lot when Joe's the only Fire archer and Waike's the only Water archer.

Seriously, why did they give us 3 Wind archers AND 3 Light archers at release, with only 1 of the other elements?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

You say "5* archers" like it's a big category, when the only 5* bow users right now are Nefaria and Hawk. Nefaria at least has the niche of being the only Dark-elemental archer we have right now, which says a lot when Joe's the only Fire archer and Waike's the only Water archer.

Seriously, why did they give us 3 Wind archers AND 3 Light archers at release, with only 1 of the other elements?

There are multiple strange roster gaps like that. Ie: the only wind healer is Sophie, who is 3 star with bad skills. The only light sword is 3 star as well, and there are multiple other categories like this.

9 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Having the worst weapon type is hardly a niche. Nefaria and Hawk are easily the worst of the current 5*s. Bow force strikes are awful and are out damaged by wands in their basic combo strings.

And honestly I’m less concerned about having too little archers than the fact that the only ranged fire units are 3*.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Having the worst weapon type is hardly a niche. Nefaria and Hawk are easily the worst of the current 5*s. Bow force strikes are awful and are out damaged by wands in their basic combo strings.

And honestly I’m less concerned about having too little archers than the fact that the only ranged fire units are 3*.

I've soloed entire maps as Luca.

They're not *that* bad, you just need to get used to how they handle.

i've almost gotten my smithy to level 4, I'm up to level 95 for facilities. Once I do, I can forge weapons with no hesitation, since going for 5*s looks like an enormous investment, and will be looonnng in coming if getting to smithy level 4 was so much work.

Also, not a fan of how once you enhance a weapon, you better be able to make duplicates and have weapon fodder laying around. I understand why a level 1 weapon has less stats than the level 40 one you sacrificed to make it, but then it makes you delay on making new weapons, since you need to be prepared to not suffer a short-term loss in power.

And on that note, room for only 100 weapons in the main inventory is low, they need to increase this.

Also just made it through Chapter 5, the story only goes up to Chapter 6 presently right? I'll stop here and once the next event ends, go and do some of the Hard modes.

The next event is a raid like the first, with it sounds like another 4* girl to add. The event seems like it'll be Wind enemies, so time to turn up the heat. Besides the prince, I've both the other Sword 4* and the Staff 4* from the Fire pool, and the Bow and Dagger 3*s. I could run a full team of 4*s including a healer with the new girl, that works for me. Wonder what weapon this Melsa will use? Hopefully something not presently innately 4* and or perhaps 5* for Fire. My one Pele will also be very useful from the prior event. If I need to farm more Fire mats for Mana circles, well the first raid also gave me a relatively strong Water team, so I can use that on Standard Brynhildr and Flamehowl Ruins easily.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:30 AM, Etheus said:

(the fact that it still has dragon and wyrmprint merges is still shitty)

On the silver lining, they made a correction on FEH with Pele in the first event. You could if you grinded enough get enough Peles for a fully unbinded one, which can't be said for any of the first time GHB/TT heroes.

23 hours ago, Etheus said:

There are multiple strange roster gaps like that. Ie: the only wind healer is Sophie, who is 3 star with bad skills. The only light sword is 3 star as well, and there are multiple other categories like this.

Fortunately, the absence of an FE weapon triangle makes shortages in the individual melee weapons not so bad. Provided each element has good healers and some nice ranged options between Rods and Bows, all will be bearable.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

i've almost gotten my smithy to level 4, I'm up to level 95 for facilities. Once I do, I can forge weapons with no hesitation, since going for 5*s looks like an enormous investment, and will be looonnng in coming if getting to smithy level 4 was so much work.

Also, not a fan of how once you enhance a weapon, you better be able to make duplicates and have weapon fodder laying around. I understand why a level 1 weapon has less stats than the level 40 one you sacrificed to make it, but then it makes you delay on making new weapons, since you need to be prepared to not suffer a short-term loss in power.

And on that note, room for only 100 weapons in the main inventory is low, they need to increase this.

Also just made it through Chapter 5, the story only goes up to Chapter 6 presently right? I'll stop here and once the next event ends, go and do some of the Hard modes.

The next event is a raid like the first, with it sounds like another 4* girl to add. The event seems like it'll be Wind enemies, so time to turn up the heat. Besides the prince, I've both the other Sword 4* and the Staff 4* from the Fire pool, and the Bow and Dagger 3*s. I could run a full team of 4*s including a healer with the new girl, that works for me. Wonder what weapon this Melsa will use? Hopefully something not presently innately 4* and or perhaps 5* for Fire. My one Pele will also be very useful from the prior event. If I need to farm more Fire mats for Mana circles, well the first raid also gave me a relatively strong Water team, so I can use that on Standard Brynhildr and Flamehowl Ruins easily.

On the silver lining, they made a correction on FEH with Pele in the first event. You could if you grinded enough get enough Peles for a fully unbinded one, which can't be said for any of the first time GHB/TT heroes.

Fortunately, the absence of an FE weapon triangle makes shortages in the individual melee weapons not so bad. Provided each element has good healers and some nice ranged options between Rods and Bows, all will be bearable.

I did appreciate the Pele event. Takes a bit out of pain out of the dragon collecting, and I am currently sitting on a level 57, max unbound Pele as my best dragon. 

Wish that event wyrmprints weren't intentionally shitty except in the context of the event itself.

Also, elements ARE the weapon triangle of this game. They serve the same function. So while the types of weapons you bring into an elemental team are not restricted, lacking versatility in each element is going to be a short term problem until useful characters for these weapon type/elemental combos are released.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Also, elements ARE the weapon triangle of this game. They serve the same function. So while the types of weapons you bring into an elemental team are not restricted, lacking versatility in each element is going to be a short term problem until useful characters for these weapon type/elemental combos are released.

I see that clearly, only that in practice, there isn't too much difference between Water!Sword and Water!Spear, just some aoe vs. safety. On the other hand Blue Lance, Breath, Dagger, and Tome are all very different in FEH, and we don't have the extra layer of Infantry, Armor, Cavalry, Flier. At most, it's Water!Melee and Water!Ranged, of which you can arguably split Staff off from Rod and Bow in the Ranged grouping since only it has heals.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I see that clearly, only that in practice, there isn't too much difference between Water!Sword and Water!Spear, just some aoe vs. safety. On the other hand Blue Lance, Breath, Dagger, and Tome are all very different in FEH, and we don't have the extra layer of Infantry, Armor, Cavalry, Flier. At most, it's Water!Melee and Water!Ranged, of which you can arguably split Staff off from Rod and Bow in the Ranged grouping since only it has heals.

This really just comes down to DL having very little meaningful depth. The only real considerations to be made are "do you like playing this weapon type," "is this the right element for the stage," "does my team have enough Might," and "can the AI perform well with this character or should I control it?"

Beyond that, you can make some slight considerations for having access to a variety of buffs and healing skills as well as getting 4 unique co-abilities, but DL has little complexity beyond this.

Yes, I have Orion.  No, I'm not using him, because I like Vice.

In other words, I do not give a flying flip about a character's rarity.  The game isn't so obnoxious that I can't clear stiff using whoever I feel like (yet. . .the only exception has been Zodiark's trial, and I'm not horribly broken up about that).

That being said, Renelle's gonna be busy during this next event.

I used 3k wyrmite and a 10-summon ticket.

26 x 3* summons and
4 x 4* summons.

A couple of new 3-4* characters; most summoned characters were duplicates and turned to eldwater, and every 3* print and dragon I summon gets turned to eldwater anyway.

Meh. Future plans are to save up enough tickets and wyrmite for 100 summons for a guaranteed 5*. I plan to never summon from a future banner unless I have the stuff to do 100 summons.

Took me 40 summons (3k wyrmite, 10 single summon tickets, and the full 10 summon ticket) but I managed to get Naveed! Also a 5 star wyrmprint but Auspex’s Prayer seems pretty crappy.

Really sucks that I invested so much in Karl though. I wouldn’t mind using both in the fire team but the weapon overlap is a big issue only because it would require me to invest into making a duplicate weapon and weapons aren’t cheap.

On another note, how is everyone doing with the raid? I’ve been attempting to do Special Raid but those AoE’s of the boss are brutal. I don’t mind the tornado one with the globes so much but that other one that it has charges fast and if you don’t book it as soon as it begins charging expect to have your party wiped or at least close to being wiped. The boss in general feels more unforgiving than last raid’s but I guess that’s to be expected.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Took me 40 summons (3k wyrmite, 10 single summon tickets, and the full 10 summon ticket) but I managed to get Naveed! Also a 5 star wyrmprint but Auspex’s Prayer seems pretty crappy.

Really sucks that I invested so much in Karl though. I wouldn’t mind using both in the fire team but the weapon overlap is a big issue only because it would require me to invest into making a duplicate weapon and weapons aren’t cheap.

On another note, how is everyone doing with the raid? I’ve been attempting to do Special Raid but those AoE’s of the boss are brutal. I don’t mind the tornado one with the globes so much but that other one that it has charges fast and if you don’t book it as soon as it begins charging expect to have your party wiped or at least close to being wiped. The boss in general feels more unforgiving than last raid’s but I guess that’s to be expected.

I find myself wishing that Naveed used a different weapon (I would have prefered an axe or lance), but I'm happy with him regardless. He's got a great character design, good skills, and seems to have a great personality. He'll probably end up as one of my favorites.

Is anyone else interested in seeing exactly what Harle's plan/deal even *is*? He's an total enigma, and I want to see what exactly he's scheming-because he is scheming something, I'm sure of that.

33 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Is anyone else interested in seeing exactly what Harle's plan/deal even *is*? He's an total enigma, and I want to see what exactly he's scheming-because he is scheming something, I'm sure of that.

I can't say that I care much for the plot in general. Individual characters, yes, the plot, no. 

I'm more interested in seeing this Leif character, who never gets screen time, but is mentioned a lot. I want to see whether or not the influence of the empire has corrupted him in any way.

I managed to snag Verica, which was the last thing my fire team needed.  Not quite strong enough to do the hardest difficulties yet, but I'm kicking Melsa the minute I'm able. . .because she's 17 mana slots short of Renelle.

I'm fine with missing Naveed.  Cute guy, but I don't need a third swordie.

• 2 weeks later...

From 3 tenfold summon sessions, I received Hildegard (duplicate), Cystalline Envoy wyrmprint, and Maribelle.

Probably won't be using Maribelle, despite her usefulness, because I really dislike her as a character.

On the plus side, Lowen should make my wind team finally usable.

Edited by Etheus

Got insanely lucky with my pulls, and now I have a good wind team.  Granted, Francine being the only melee attacker is gonna be a bit painful, but I think I'll manage.

I have decided, after some thought, to quit playing indefinitely. I don't have time to juggle two mobile games (this and FEH), and Dragalia Lost simply takes far too much time. The event milestones for Dragalia Lost are absolutely absurd, and there is no feasible way to max out rewards on a regular schedule when playing this mobile game as all mobile games are meant to be played - casually. 

For example, I've sunk hours into this current Winds event (time I could have spent on actual quality games), and am only at 132,553 divine gales. The equivalent amount of time in a FEH Tempest Trial or Forging Bonds would see me with roughly maxed out milestone rewards, but this one short event in DL has a max milestone of 1 million, with 700,000 required to obtain all of the essential Twinkling Sands from this event. This for events that are both more difficult and more boring than those of FEH. 

Edited by Etheus

I've been playing the game since day one, and I finally boosted a character to 5 stars (Vanessa). I would've done so sooner if I didn't waste a ton of Eldwater in the past on boosting units for events because I only had three stars (although I won't need to do that now that I have set or mostly set teams for each element)

• 5 weeks later...

I played this game rather intensely until halfway into the last raid event, partly because I banned myself from playing anything else. I just got bored of it, might start playing it again later. During my play time,  very lucky with the choir dragon though, and now I have a Jeanne and a Garuda, plus Lowen, but I still only have 3 Wind characters (maybe I should spend some of my 21000 Wyrmite).

This said, it looks like they're making a lot of good improvements. Plus for the holidays they're giving an extra 1500 Wyrmite in login bonuses, a total of, if I have it right, 2500 in co-op Wyrmite bonuses, two Tenfold Tickets, plus a guaranteed 5* character ticket. That is a lot of great goodies! Maybe I'll get back into it before this is all over.

Since I got myself a new phone, I can finally try out Dragalia Lost. Now for some random comments...

- The vocals are catchy and somewhat memorable, but it is not something I would like to be caught with in public. I know I can turn them off, but I feel like leaving them on is the way to go.
- I am heavily reminded of Granblue Fantasy. I think it's the same team, but the elements, summoning system, and boss mechanics highly remind me of Granblue. (I probably should look for a way to play that on my actual phone instead of my PC as it interesting to me. Still gotta wrap my head around the mechanics though...)
- The combat and battlefield aesthetics remind me a little bit of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The controls is something I still need to get used to though. In theory, they seem fine. In practice, I'm not sure if I can control everything efficiently...
- I still need to figure out how everything works. Granted, I barely started (still in Chapter 1), but learning all the mechanics is important!

I do wonder how grindy the game is as I know Granblue Fantasy is nicknamed "Grindblue" by some. If Dragalia Lost basically mirrors GB's model, then I may end up dropping it or simply playing on the rare occasion. The only mobile game I actively play is FGO, and I dabble in FEH every now and then.

4 hours ago, Sire said:

Since I got myself a new phone, I can finally try out Dragalia Lost. Now for some random comments...

- The vocals are catchy and somewhat memorable, but it is not something I would like to be caught with in public. I know I can turn them off, but I feel like leaving them on is the way to go.
- I am heavily reminded of Granblue Fantasy. I think it's the same team, but the elements, summoning system, and boss mechanics highly remind me of Granblue. (I probably should look for a way to play that on my actual phone instead of my PC as it interesting to me. Still gotta wrap my head around the mechanics though...)
- The combat and battlefield aesthetics remind me a little bit of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The controls is something I still need to get used to though. In theory, they seem fine. In practice, I'm not sure if I can control everything efficiently...
- I still need to figure out how everything works. Granted, I barely started (still in Chapter 1), but learning all the mechanics is important!

I do wonder how grindy the game is as I know Granblue Fantasy is nicknamed "Grindblue" by some. If Dragalia Lost basically mirrors GB's model, then I may end up dropping it or simply playing on the rare occasion. The only mobile game I actively play is FGO, and I dabble in FEH every now and then.

DL is incredibly grindy. It does not want to be your secondary mobile game, or even your secondary game period. If you want to progress at a decent pass and actually max out your event milestones, it expects to be your main game, and that's why I dropped it.