Dragalia Lost!

Corrobin

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mega Man? Unexpected. I think it has something to do with this Megaman X DiVE mobile game they're working on.

However, the stock logo they used for Mega Man was that used for the Mega Man Legacy Collection. That is Classic Mega Man, the little blue boy playable in Smash.

How would Mega Man work in Dragalia Lost? Mega Busters aren't a weapon type in DL. Is it all going to be Robot Master weapons? Who would be featured? Mega Man, Roll, Proto Man, and Bass? 

It'd be better if the X-Zero series were included. Since Zero is ever-popular, and the Z-Saber means he could readily be added into DL.

The Mega Buster could be treated as a wand weapon. But I agree, X fits better with Zero alone. I’m just not clear with the elements, but they’ll come up with something

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it wasn't Ace Attorney but I was pretty close on the money with it being a Capcom property. And boy am I super excited about it! Hope Zero (or the inferior Protoman) and Roll are part of the event

6th mana circles is imo a good thing. Characters like Nefaria, Naveed, and Hawk need something to become relevant so my expectation is that it'll be given out to characters who have fallen behind like those. At least I hope so.

New co-op abilities was not something I was ever expecting. I wonder how they'll be handled.

New difficulty for Dragon Trials? I still haven't even finished normal High Zodiark and struggle to consistently beat High Jupiter. I figured they would introduce new endgame content soon but I wasn't expecting this soon. But new weapons have been something I've been craving for a long time so I'll definitely be accepting the challenge.

Omega raids sounds interesting. Wonder what rewards it would have compared to Nightmare and how different the battles will be.

I am not sure how I would feel about a "Ace Attorney" collab... I like the characters, but it would be so weird to have them in the game. I would probably not enjoy it because it wouldn't make sense.

I am curious about the Megaman collab. I hope it's Classic Megaman, and I wonder what type of weapon they will have... Roll being a lance adventurer, using a broom... Yeah, that's easy to imagine. But what about Megaman? Bow user? Wand user?

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am not sure how I would feel about a "Ace Attorney" collab... I like the characters, but it would be so weird to have them in the game. I would probably not enjoy it because it wouldn't make sense.

I am curious about the Megaman collab. I hope it's Classic Megaman, and I wonder what type of weapon they will have... Roll being a lance adventurer, using a broom... Yeah, that's easy to imagine. But what about Megaman? Bow user? Wand user?

Roll being either a lance or staff makes sense, but I don’t think Megaman will use his buster considering Protoman and Bass never used boss weapons (as far as I know). Those latter can take Megaman’s place as the buster user (wand), and Megaman could use one of the melee boss weapons, like Flame Sword. Though I think it’s easier if we get X characters instead. It’s easier to have different weapon users with those instead of the original. My main concern would be AXL, but they can easily bring a Command Mission character or two to fill the spot, considering they are returning in the mobile game

oh, almost forgot:

Edited by Midnox

Looking at the dark Showcase, unless Curran, Yaten, or Heinwald gets a rate up, I'm likely to skip it. As for the Gala, I'd get 41-42 *5s if I used all my summon resources on that, that'd be 13-15 more *5s than normal. But, I only really want Gala Ranzal, I wish the free tenfold summons we're getting give me him.

I'm not the most familiar with Mega Man. I started with MM7 as a kid on an SNES remodel, then got the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube. Only more recently did I buy Legacy Collection, as well as X1, BN1, and the DS MM Zero Collection (which I only cleared on Easy Mode Scenario). I got MM8 on the PS3 too -but that darned ski stage, and X4 and X5 -but the bosses are just a little too hard to get past the first (after which everything should get easier).

Nonetheless, as a limited-time collab, with a franchise I can like, I think I'll delay my summoning for the Mega Man characters. Which Wily Machine/Sigma will be the boss?

They didn't announce any new temporary events like Raids or Facility events, right? Having all the anniversary stuff is good, but shouldn't we have something to use it on?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looking at the dark Showcase, unless Curran, Yaten, or Heinwald gets a rate up, I'm likely to skip it. As for the Gala, I'd get 41-42 *5s if I used all my summon resources on that, that'd be 13-15 more *5s than normal. But, I only really want Gala Ranzal, I wish the free tenfold summons we're getting give me him.

I’m likely to skip that banner as well. I’m only interested on the revived greatwyrm (he should get a high version as well), but the prince-look alike is evidently the freebie (that could be Alberius instead, if the greatwyrm is of any indication)

I'm not the most familiar with Mega Man. I started with MM7 as a kid on an SNES remodel, then got the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube. Only more recently did I buy Legacy Collection, as well as X1, BN1, and the DS MM Zero Collection (which I only cleared on Easy Mode Scenario). I got MM8 on the PS3 too -but that darned ski stage, and X4 and X5 -but the bosses are just a little too hard to get past the first (after which everything should get easier).

Nonetheless, as a limited-time collab, with a franchise I can like, I think I'll delay my summoning for the Mega Man characters. Which Wily Machine/Sigma will be the boss?

I’m not a HUGE fan of Megaman, but played most main games, having only skipped the Zero series (for now, a collection is coming). Anyway, we have to wait until October first to see more details, because Megaman is a pretty broad series. It’s likely we’ll see the original series, but I think X fits better, considering the upcoming mobile game, and there’s more variety to pick from. The has Megaman, Roll, Protoman and Bass, but only Roll could be of any difference. The others are mostly interchangeable. X on the other hand has far more to pick from if the mobile game is of any indication, as they are willing to use Command Mission characters as well, and they fit the usual archetypes nicely. Only issue I see are X and AXL, but it can be mitigated with X using one of the Mavericks weapons or the Z-Saber and treat him as a blade unit while Zero could be a Sword unit, and keep AXL as wand. Marino dagger, Cinnamon staff, and Maximo spear. No much of a problem with roles to fulfill there

They didn't announce any new temporary events like Raids or Facility events, right? Having all the anniversary stuff is good, but shouldn't we have something to use it on?

There’s a future whatever banner coming, I think that will be raid, as there was a dark Euden lookalike and a dark Mercury look alike. Likely the freebies, as the corresponding banner doesn’t feature them

38 minutes ago, Midnox said:

There’s a future whatever banner coming, I think that will be raid, as there was a dark Euden lookalike and a dark Mercury look alike. Likely the freebies, as the corresponding banner doesn’t feature them

Notte's dialogue indicates that the dragon is called "Chronos".

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah. I'm also pretty disappointed with banners. Gala Euden was a given but gosh do I hate him and I already have the other Gala characters I care for so I knew I would be skipping that. But I was really hoping the banner after that wouldn't be as generic as it is.

The dagger guy is cute and I would summon for husbando reasons alone but seeing that -60% passive on himself seems really unwarranted and turns me away. I've seen it being justified as a way to prevent stuff like Gleo and other busted support units but he already has a low base attack, can't benefit from buff time prints since he debuffs, enemies need to sit tight and still on his debuff zone to be affected, and can't benefit from skill haste. Oh, and poison is based off the users strength so even that won't be helping much outside of enabling poison punisher on other units. So that huge strength penalty on top of all that seems unnecessary. The wand doesn't have it as bad but probably won't see any use over Gleo for me and most people unless it's for ice mirror cheese strats.

At least I still have Mega Man to look forward to.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Yeah. I'm also pretty disappointed with banners. Gala Euden was a given but gosh do I hate him and I already have the other Gala characters I care for so I knew I would be skipping that. But I was really hoping the banner after that wouldn't be as generic as it is.

The dagger guy is cute and I would summon for husbando reasons alone but seeing that -60% passive on himself seems really unwarranted and turns me away. I've seen it being justified as a way to prevent stuff like Gleo and other busted support units but he already has a low base attack, can't benefit from buff time prints since he debuffs, enemies need to sit tight and still on his debuff zone to be affected, and can't benefit from skill haste. Oh, and poison is based off the users strength so even that won't be helping much outside of enabling poison punisher on other units. So that huge strength penalty on top of all that seems unnecessary. The wand doesn't have it as bad but probably won't see any use over Gleo for me and most people unless it's for ice mirror cheese strats.

At least I still have Mega Man to look forward to.

Other than Chthonius, this banner is of no interest either. I may get lucky and get him in another banner. Good, so I can save for Megaman

Well, it’s not midnight, but I need to sleep, so there

Edited by Midnox

I like the new opening screen, and the music is good too. The Imperial Onslaught double drops is very helpful for me. And the free resources are plentiful.

My first free tenfold ended in Thaniel, which is a bit ironic, since he was the first 4* I ever summoned. I feel tempted to do more summons, but that's just the allure of the blind draw. I know I should hold off until after I've exhausted all my free summons if I really want to invest here. Mega Man isn't until the winds of December blow in at the earliest, so there would be time to recoup the summon stockpile.

I like to spend my resources on Galas because of the increased rates, and I can use the extra Eldwater at the moment.

For spending my tickets (like 4 Ten-Folds and 35 Vouchers), I got...
- Gala Prince
- Eldwater (Mikoto Dupe)
= Siren
= Shinobi
=Freja (Merge 1)

- Aeleen

A fairly nice haul. Gala Euden is pretty powerful, but then I realized his "Co-Op" ability seems to be entirely selfish. He seems to synergize with existing Sword users due to Dragon Haste, which means one needs to make another 5* Light Sword if one wants to run Gala Euden alongside an existing Light Sword. Still, his abilities are nuts.

At the moment I'm running Gala Euden, Albert, Summer Cleo, and V!Hildegarde. I could run normal Hildegarde, but I like the Valentine variant better due to the increase in offensive potential with the Energy stacks. Normal Hildegarde is great for pure healing, but that much healing may be a bit overkill.

I'm trying to resist spending my Wrymite so I can try rolling for Gala Ranzal and Gala Cleo on their rate-ups. I don't care much for Luca's sister, so she's a pass.

Otherwise, it is Imperial Onslaught farming for me.

The second free Tenfold had two 5*s in it, cool!

...Duplicate Annelie. 😑

...Cerberus............😡

I have not many 5* Adventurers, and while Cerberus is new, it leaves only Konohana Sakuya as a 5* Fire Dragon I don't have. Meanwhile Water and Dark are still stuck with nothing.

I like the free Mini Mids.🙂

The third free Tenfold had a 5* Sword in it, and it turned out to be Yaten! My luck turned around and gave me someone I actually wanted. 

Today's fourth free Tenfold had yet another 5* in it, an Axe, so I thought "Ramona copy?", nope it was Curran! Two free 5* Dark Adventurers (both male as I sought) in a row, just in time for the new Raid event.

Speaking of that event, I wasn't sure how it'd tie into the Anniversary, it looked totally unrelated. But, playing through it, I like the direction they took it in, it fits for the Anniversary, and is actually rather serious in narrative for a Raid for a change.

I like the how the pre-Extra raids use only a semicircle stage instead of a full circle, it made it more creative. The choice to make Extra raids run on crystals now means I no longer have to disband a room one or two fights in just because I need to do the Extra fight.

Then, I got to the Extra boss itself. As the stage loaded, I thought to myself "Why is the stage a full circle? Is the Extra boss more generic?". When the boss appeared, I saw that this was totally different from the prior fight, the same raid enemy done two very different ways, awesome.

Fighting it though, I started thinking "how is this 9500 Might?" as it pounded away at me with its strong attacks, which I couldn't avoid very well. My characters started dying off, and I noticed the boss inflicted Curse once even though Dark characters don't have resistance to that. I knew I was going to lose this one, most of my allies were doing poorly too. I was left with only one adventurer when the boss stood in the middle and just spammed lightning, I noticed something that said showed a Wind symbol and the words "Weak Point", does the boss actually call for a multi-element team? 

And then it all ended when suddenly I was killed by the universe. Well, it wasn't right away, the sudden intergalactic shift took a few seconds, during which I was left scratching my head. But then I saw, as tiny as the numbers were, a "9999" appear, which killed me and the other players as a shooting star moved through the dark expanses.

So, what was I supposed to do?😅

Lastly, whenever I do finish the Extra Raid, what do I spend this extremely generous free 5* core weapon trade on? I'm thinking a Sword, since every team but Water for me has a good 4-5* Sword unit. And I'm thinking Fire specifically, because Marth is why I started playing this game again. It read like they might do this sort of 5* weapon exchange with other Raids in the notice, which is just wicked for me.

And, I'll just say that I'm loving this extraordinarily generous bounty of Anniversary presents. Why you do this DL? You're a gatcha, I'm not spending any money thanks to this ignoring that I never would.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:27 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then, I got to the Extra boss itself. As the stage loaded, I thought to myself "Why is the stage a full circle? Is the Extra boss more generic?". When the boss appeared, I saw that this was totally different from the prior fight, the same raid enemy done two very different ways, awesome.

Fighting it though, I started thinking "how is this 9500 Might?" as it pounded away at me with its strong attacks, which I couldn't avoid very well. My characters started dying off, and I noticed the boss inflicted Curse once even though Dark characters don't have resistance to that. I knew I was going to lose this one, most of my allies were doing poorly too. I was left with only one adventurer when the boss stood in the middle and just spammed lightning, I noticed something that said showed a Wind symbol and the words "Weak Point", does the boss actually call for a multi-element team? 

And then it all ended when suddenly I was killed by the universe. Well, it wasn't right away, the sudden intergalactic shift took a few seconds, during which I was left scratching my head. But then I saw, as tiny as the numbers were, a "9999" appear, which killed me and the other players as a shooting star moved through the dark expanses. 

So, what was I supposed to do?😅

If you're dissatisfied with the extra/nightmare boss being generic then you'll probably be happy to hear that its giant form comes back in the omega difficulty.

Yeah, its attacks are erratic and huge which makes them hard to avoid and he's also able to inflict every kind of ailment (haven't seen poison though) but on extra/nightmare it always starts with it summoning the 3 pillars of lightning and then attacks, does the dash attack, followed by an attack that can be i-framed. So at least the beginning is somewhat predictable.

I honestly couldn't speak at all on the weak point thing since I didn't realize it even existed because I never had issues destroying it in extra/nightmare. So it was nasty surprise when I finally saw in omega what happens if you don't destroy the weak point fast enough. You don't need a multi-elemental team at all to handle that (if you bring a fire unit for it it'll probably long gone before reaching that point anyway and even it survives it'll be deadweight for every other part of the fight) Just focus on raising your attack and make sure you max out on the raid boosts. There's also the other rare raid boosts like 25% skill damage or 15% dragon bane and stuff but they're not really necessary unless you're tackling omega since even if you don't meet the dps check, it's easy to find a room of veterans/whales who can carry you.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:27 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lastly, whenever I do finish the Extra Raid, what do I spend this extremely generous free 5* core weapon trade on? I'm thinking a Sword, since every team but Water for me has a good 4-5* Sword unit. And I'm thinking Fire specifically, because Marth is why I started playing this game again. It read like they might do this sort of 5* weapon exchange with other Raids in the notice, which is just wicked for me. 

You should get a weapon you'll use a lot so choose one for whoever your favorite character is or for a strong character like Gleo, Gala Euden, leyasu, Victor, Marth, etc.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Hey hey hey, this anniversary is pretty great! I'm really loving the power of eternal darkness!

...okay what really happened is that I got Yaten and Gala Cleo from all the summoning I was able to do (Yaten was even from a free Tenfold Summon), and while yeah I also got Gala Euden, man the power of darkness is great! Yaten's great and Cleo is powerful. I maxed out both their mana circles and even traded for the 5* Darkness Wand just for Cleo.

Dark (consisting of Yaten, Gala Cleo, Ieyasu, and Heinwald) went from my weakest elemental team to practically my strongest, second only to my Fire team, and it'd have been stronger if I had better Dark dragons.

Edited by Xenomata

Welp, got a dupe Gala Euden on my free 10 roll.

I still have 21k worth of Wyrmite left to try for Gala Cleo and Gala Ranzal. I also have plenty of stories that I never got around to viewing, so going through all of those may also give me a sizable amount of Wyrmite.

I hope the Avenue of Fortune x2 happens soon as I desperately need to farm use skip tickets for Rupies. I hear there's also a x2 Dark IO happening soonish, so hopefully I can get more farming in as I'm out of Silver Coins...

Took 5 free tenfolds, 30 single tickets, 4 tenfold tickets, and ~27,000 wyrmite to get the Gala Prince... The only other gala unit was a duplicate Sarisse. I guess it was good to get him now, as I didn't manage to get Gala Cleo even with focus rates last time. Still missing Ranzal too.

My boys did it!

Spoiler

TzKRte6.jpg

And deathless to boot so I can finally say goodbye to this nightmare. At least until the raid variant is available.

Hopefully the free tenfolds snags me a Heinwald or S!Verica by then because Vixel being off-element makes his survivability a bit questionable (although Nyx's attacks seem to be multi-elemental so I wonder if it even matters?)

... Uh, what just happened?

Did my free 10 pull for today. Got Summer Julietta, Gala Ranzal, and Natalie. I don't even...

As for my normal pulls... (21k Wymite + 7 Tickets)

- Noelle

- Siren (Lvl 2)
- Eldwater (Gala Mym Dupe)
- Panda Long Long
- Eldwater (Mikoto Dupe)
- Mongrel Gilgamesh (Lvl 2)

Normal pulls were a bit disappointing as I was hoping to get Gala Cleo. Alas, it was not to be. Maybe I'll get her in another free pull (or if I try and get all my extra Wrymite I have for all the stories and stuff). Despite only Gil being a pull I wanted, the free pull from earlier was pretty great (although I probably won't be using Natalie due to her high risk playstyle).

Now to keep trying to get more Raid Boosts as I don't know if my guys can handle Nightmare. I only have 2 5* Dark Elemental Weapons, and I have a feeling I need a full team with 5* Elementals in order to even attempt it.

The fifth free was junk.

The sixth gave me three 5*s, a second Light Siren, a Garuda, and Beautician Zardin. All of these are good!

Last Gala free Tenfold had two 5*s, both Dragons. The first was Shinobi, at last, my first 5* Dark Dragon! The other was Konohana Sakuya, ahahahaha, very funny game, fire fire everywhere of every single kind, but I still don't have a 5* Water Dragon.

Because the gatcha was being good to me, I spent half of my 100 Summon Vouchers. It was all junk. Just another Arctos and a duplicate Louise. Not a single Gala unit. So the gatcha chose to abandon me. Thanks for the reminder gambling is bad.

Not that I care about the Galas, Ranzal would've been nice, but I'll settle with Ku Hai (I have low standards of "not 3* will suffice"). The rest of the supplies are holding out for Mega Man.

And just thinking on what they said about Mega Man, they said his skills and dragon shapeshifting would "be...distinctly "Mega Man"".

This is just a guess, and its unlikely they'd waste the mechanic on a free unit, but Gala Mym already forces her shapeshift into Brunhilda. So why couldn't Mega Man have a fixed shapeshift whilst still being able to equip any Dragon? What am I thinking Mega Man's shapeshift could possibly be?:

Spoiler

350?cb=20080623221806

It might make for a small shapeshift, but they gave us Mini Mids.

And one question, I have two of those mega-rare 5* Summon Vouchers, is there any point to not using them right away?

All the adventurers it offers are very old- nothing after December of last year. Has the lineup ever been updated, or should I ever expect it to be? I don't see rate ups listed on it, nor any signs they rotate in characters.

This is just a guess, and its unlikely they'd waste the mechanic on a free unit, but Gala Mym already forces her shapeshift into Brunhilda. So why couldn't Mega Man have a fixed shapeshift whilst still being able to equip any Dragon? What am I thinking Mega Man's shapeshift could possibly be?: 

I wouldn't discount a unit being unique just because they are free. Dragalia already has a pretty good track record of useful free units and Alfonse got special treatment because it was a collab. The current freebie is actually pretty unique too now that I think about it.

Anyways, I wish it was the Battle Network Mega Man because that one could've easily done Beast Out to use Gregar's/Falzar's powers and would be a pretty good fit with the shapeshift system. Not really sure what classic Mega Man could do other than having the basic use of some Robot Master's power as a fixed shapeshift.

And one question, I have two of those mega-rare 5* Summon Vouchers, is there any point to not using them right away? 

All the adventurers it offers are very old- nothing after December of last year. Has the lineup ever been updated, or should I ever expect it to be? I don't see rate ups listed on it, nor any signs they rotate in characters.

The 5* adventurer pool for that was updated once eons ago and hasn't been updated since. It's probably not gonna update anytime soon either since now would have been a perfect time to do that and they didn't. I would just use it now instead of waiting on a lineup update that may or may not even happen.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The 5* adventurer pool for that was updated once eons ago and hasn't been updated since. It's probably not gonna update anytime soon either since now would have been a perfect time to do that and they didn't. I would just use it now instead of waiting on a lineup update that may or may not even happen.

Thank you! I just wanted to double check. I'll invest them then, if with overly cautious regretful hesitation to the end. It isn't like I'd actually still have that good a shot anyhow even if they added new people. 7% might be massive by usual DL standards, but given only two chances, it's still nothing.

I got Hawk and Naveed out of it. The latter is unnecessary b/c Marth, and I wished for Xainfried, but they're both new to me, so I'll take 'em.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is dandy. Got Halloween Ellisanne in my free summon, but started doing singles and got my focus, Halloween Rarity... sorry, Mym 😍. I wonder why they’ve changed voice cast though, same with Euden