Dragalia Lost!

Corrobin

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

DL is incredibly grindy. It does not want to be your secondary mobile game, or even your secondary game period. If you want to progress at a decent pace and actually max out your event milestones, it expects to be your main game, and that's why I dropped it.

Figures. It's Nintendo's version of Grindblue, then.

Luckily I stopped caring about efficiency ever since Guild Wars 2 tried out its Living Story thing (they pumped out so much stuff and keeping on top of it felt more like work instead of having fun.) For example, I do not play Fire Emblem Heroes efficiently anymore. I do not do my Arena runs each week (or if I do, I may not use the best team for score and rank). I do not complete all the quests which means I lose out on precious Orbs. Thing is, I don't really care. Sure, the extra stuff would be nice for progression, but I can enjoy the game at a turtle's pace. It may take me a lot longer to forge weapons and fully equip my favorite characters, but I can still make progress anyway.

Essentially, daily quests and limited stuff which are designed for player retention is something I overlook these days. Its great for those who are dedicated and willing to sink a ton of time into it, but I'm not going to go crazy if I can't 100% these things, or even 50% them. If playing video games becomes more like a chore and is no longer fun, something is wrong. If the compulsion to do stuff is high, maybe drop the game. If one can overlook the stuff and still enjoy it, then why not?

So, will I be able to progress at a decent rate in Dragalia Lost? Probably not. Will I be able to reap full event rewards? Definitely not (I can't keep up with FGO's stuff half the time). However, I should still be able to enjoy the game nonetheless. I'm getting Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle vibes from the combat and that is something I am really interested in. Now if only I can get attached to the characters I have...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doublepost

So, I've been playing this for about a week now. I absolutely love the game, but definitely see where the grind wall is. Despite that, I find it fun enough to continue playing regardless. It helps that the devs behind the game seem to be extremely generous and pretty cool (unlike another certain mobile game Fire Emblem Heroes) I do wonder how long the fun will last though, as when the grind begins determines if one truly enjoys the game or not.

As for my progress...
- Player Level 40
- Chapter 6 of Story Cleared (Normal)
- Highest Team Might: 8686
- Notable Adventurers: Mikoto, Christmas Cleo, Julietta, Ieyasu // Christmas Nefaria, Addis, Sazanka, Althemia
- Notable Dragons: Dragonyule Jeanne d'Arc // Ifrit, Pheonix
- Castle Stuff: Halidom 4, Smithy 4 // 4* Equipment (Primary Weapons: Sword [Euden], Dagger [C!Cleo])

... I think all my luck went into Dragalia Lost. I got Julietta from the 5* Summon Ticket, and I got C!Cleo, C!Jeanne, and Pheonix from my initial summons. I still have excess Wrymite left over too! Meanwhile in FGO I'm trying to get stuff for Merlin but am failing miserably.

Now for the elephant in the room, the grind wall. I've hit it. While it has been fun doing story quests and the dailies for the past week, when I took a step back and looked at the bigger picture, there is A LOT to do. When Dragon Trials opened up, I didn't see too many problems. When Imperial Onslaught became available, I died a little inside.

Each day, one should...
- Do Avenue to Power, Avenue to Fortune, and Elemental Ruins (easy stuff, no sweat // One can even just turn on "Auto Play" for these to farm or do the dailies.)
- Do Dragon Trials (A bit difficult, especially when trying to maximize rewards by doing higher ranks. Focus on the materials one needs from Dragon Trials instead of trying to do them all each day.)
- Do Imperial Onslaught (Oh dear Ilia, why. It doesn't help a substantial portion of of mid-game to end-game stuff is locked behind Imperial Onslaught, and it can be pretty rough. While Dragon Trials is more of a skill check, Imperial Onslaught is more of a gear check. I don't have the equips to do IO properly, and I'm getting flashbacks to MMOs where there's all this awesome stuff but I can't do it because no equips and no guild.)
-- Doing dailies each day may take 30 minutes to an hour.

Then after that, one can mess around doing other things such as Story Mode. However, if an event is going on, most likely one will be farming that for the rest of the day. From the Christmas Event, I'll say set a goal and try to reach it. Don't bother trying to max out rewards unless one wants to no-life this game.

Yeah, Dragalia Lost requires a lot of time investment. While each battle may not last more than 5 minutes, it takes many, many battles to get to where one wants to go.

Like I said before, I have been enjoying Dragalia Lost (moreso than Granblue Fantasy), but I am worried about that grind wall. Time will tell if I manage to stick with the game long enough or if I just play Dragalia more casually. Right now everything is mostly positive, and if I can pass the hurdle of Imperial Onslaught, then I'll probably continue having fun. Otherwise, casual inefficiency for me!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally, someone else posted. I thought the DL scene here was dead.

Adventurers: Ezelith, Xander, Xainfried, Julietta, Ieyasu, Louise and a promoted Cleo
Dragons: Other than the free dragons, Zephyr, Marshiten, Cerberus, Liger, Leviathan, Cupid and Nidhogg

5-Star characters?

Fire: Mikoto
Water: Dragonyule Cleo
Light: Julietta (first 5*, "Christmas 5* Ticket?"), Hildegarde (5* Starter Ticket)
Dark: Ieyasu

5-Star Dragons?

Water: Dragonyule Jeanne d'Arc

At the moment though I've occupied with Langrisser Mobile, so I haven't really been playing DL aside from doing the normal dailies. I haven't touched the event at all yet...

Edit: As for why I didn't reply for the invitation, my team is still rather weak. I don't think my guys can handle Expert Dragons or IO reliably.

Edited by Sire

Bs5cj0g.jpg

This is my main team. Rainbow teams actually work, trust me. I'm planning on raising Cibella's rarity, yeah, I know I have Xainfried, but I prefer Cibella's skills. If you're screaming at me for mono teams don't worry, I have those set.

Fire: Euden, Sinoa, Verica and Melsa
Water: Karina, Cibella, Xander, and Thaniel
Wind: Addis, Pia, Louise and Lowen
Light: Julietta, Amane, Estelle and Malka
Shadows: Ieyasu, Sazanka, Botan and Cleo

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the ads for this game, but didn’t want to spend more time in another gatcha.... that was until I found out some Dragalia Lost characters are voiced by ponies 

large.png

That's one way to try the game, I guess XD

By the way, just in case, the game recently released in a lot more countries. Like the UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada and Singapore. It's never too late to join in~

Although you have missed a lot of freebies and events, but hopefully they're re-run them eventually.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Although you have missed a lot of freebies and events, but hopefully they're re-run them eventually.

True, started mid-November, but left it until December, where I was too weak to fight the Christmas tree on standard. Started buffing up, and after struggling a bit, I was strong enough to face Shishimai Extra. I now have some Void Zephyr victories on my name, but finding a good team is hard (mainly because I’m the weak link, I mostly depend on a little over 4000 might Verica to even have a chance of fighting him)

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnn, I’m desperate. I’m this close to being able to fight High Midgardsorm without getting killed by his initial attack. An altar it’s on it’s way to 30, the other one 28, a staff dojo at 14, the other at 11, got the  fire 4 star staff, full leveled and unbound, same with Phoenix, 49 mana circles. The only thing left basically is the Glorious Tempest that I don’t have yet

• 2 weeks later...

Well, don’t have the wyrmprint, but managed to take away three fourt of hell of HM. I’ll defeat him soon. In other news, it was difficult, but managed to get the Knower of the Absolute epithet at the last minute

I've been playing DL a bit more recently, although its mostly casual play (AutoBattle with some supervision). I missed out on maxing out Phantom which sucks, but Raid events actually require me to pay attention instead of just having DL off to the side doing its own thing. This is why I like Facility events more as I can auto through everything (and get a nice facility too).

Due to this I haven't touched Void Battles yet, even though Void Battles seems to be great for progressing faster with equipment. I can't try High Dragons yet because no Wrymprint, but my guys can auto Master Wind and Fire IO.

Just thought of something: this game is co-developed by Nintendo, and most dragons are taken from CyGames’ previous projects. I wonder if Nintendo is willing to lend some of it’s dragons for use in Dragalia Lost.... I’LL HAVE AN ORGAM IF WE HAVE A DARK ELEMENTAL CUNNING GOD OF DEATH 

Oh, please, I'm giving all my money to try and get Gala Ranzal or Sarrisse, I missed her the first time around!

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Oh, please, I'm giving all my money to try and get Gala Ranzal or Sarrisse, I missed her the first time around!

Spent almost all my resources on that banner, as an couldn’t resist the temptation. I didn’t get any of the galas. Should have saved for whenever the FEH crossover comes. At least got Zephyr, some good 4 star dragons duplicates, and two more Leviathans

Spent all of my Wrymite I had stored up (like 12k or so). No Gala characters, but I got Albert (Light Sword) and Louise (Wind Bow). For Dragons I got Nyarlathotep and Prometheus. Wrymprint-wise I got x2 Give Me Your Wounded, and an Evening of Luxury.

Albert looks interesting to play and I could use a Light DPS to replace Luca when I'm not running double heals. I was initially disappointing with Louise because "Bows Suck" but apparently she's good against the Water Dragon, which changed my opinion fairly quick. // I'll also take the Dragons for what they are worth, while I'm very happy with getting the "Give Me Your Wounded" Wrymprint.

Still hoping for Gala Ranzal with any Wrymite and Summon Tickets I get while the banner lasts.

I only spent a tenfold since I'm still saving up. Got a Liger and dupe Cupid, which was alright. Now I have every 5-star Light Dragon and almost none for the other elements, ahaha.

I also cleared High Midgardsormr recently with Valentine Hildegarde. Double wyrmprints make it easier now, but you still run into iffy players in public rooms. One day, I might build a Valentine Ezelith since finding a room as a healer is a pain.

Current wyrmite stash is 76.9K

I was prepared to spend all my wyrmite to get Gala Ranzal because I honestly believe that:

1. We’ll only be getting the OCs from FEH which I’m not exactly interested in.
  2. There’s a pretty good chance that the characters will be free anyway since Cygames doesn’t tend to put collab characters on banners.

Regardless, I ended up getting Ranzal in my 4th tenfold which was a lot earlier than I expected. I also got my first Cupid and Leviathan plus a dupe Gentle Winds wyrmprint.

Sooo yeah, I actually have some wyrmite left to spare for that collab in case they appear on a banner and there’s more than just OCs.

17 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I only spent a tenfold since I'm still saving up. Got a Liger and dupe Cupid, which was alright. Now I have every 5-star Light Dragon and almost none for the other elements, ahaha.

I also cleared High Midgardsormr recently with Valentine Hildegarde. Double wyrmprints make it easier now, but you still run into iffy players in public rooms. One day, I might build a Valentine Ezelith since finding a room as a healer is a pain.

Current wyrmite stash is 76.9K

Oh yeah, the high great wyrms main difficulty lies if all the players are doing their part or now. It’s hard finding players that don’t die before leaving HM with a quarter of his health. It’$ clear how they got where they are :rolleyes:

only once we lost because of actual difficulty, as two of my teammates died after that annoying 4 tornado attack, and time ran out. I wanted to let them know that well played, too bad for the lack of chat. Unfortunately, that’s a rare case, way more common having a n00b dying before even taking away a quarter of his health

Woah! Touhou!? I was not expecting that but that was such a cool surprise!

Edit: Ok, that Sassy difficulty was actually like one of the easier Touhou levels as far as difficulty goes but that still a lot harder than I was expecting it to be which is neat.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Well, this Challenge Master was way easier than expected. Finished it on my second try. I failed the first one because I realized I didn’t bring my Verica in the middle of the battle