Cirosan

[FE5] Project Exile - Thracia 776 Script and Menu Translation - FULLY COMPLETE AND RELEASED!

Speaking as a massive FE6 fan, I don't think it needs a retranslation anytime soon. The 2013 patch by gringe is pretty good: I recommend reading through the supports in this thread to get a sense of the writing again. It's overall kinda simple, but I'm okay with that. I've certainly extrapolated a ton of meaning from the text in the past.

If we retranslate anything (and that's a big, unlikely if), I'd wanna do FE3, since the most recent patch for that is rather low-quality, with some conversations like recruiting Bantu in book 1 or recruiting Abel with Est in book 2 being flat out broken. But that's up to the rest of the team to decide if they wanna do that. Of course, if somebody else wants to form a team to retranslate FE3 and needs a playtester, that'd be cool, too.

Project Exile has been updated to version 1.03!

The most exciting addition in this update is that there is a now a 0% growths version of Project Exile. Full instructions on how to install and use it are in the readme, and a Top Wait version of both the regular patch and the 0% growths patch are available. The update also includes some minor script fixes.

Also, just a friendly reminder that I have a Ko-Fi, if you'd like to support the continued development of Project Exile.

I'm about halfway through Thracia now and just wanted to drop by to thank you again for the awesome patch. It's some serious quality work and makes the game a joy to play through. Now that I'm experiencing it for myself I can see that for years we've been missing out on one of the most interesting FE titles out there (mechanics-wise especially) and because of you that situation is no more. Kudos to everyone involved.

Playing through FE5 for the first time in a few years, hopefully to finish it for the first time ever. I can't believe the characters speak with actual personality now - it's wreaking havoc on my baseless headcanons. Great job.

Hey guys, I am using mutipatch as well because i have a mac. However i dont know if i will using the file needed. Not asking if the Rom is correct because that is illegal, but can someone tell what the name of the patch they used when putting it in multipatch so i know if i am doing it properly

14 hours ago, Spectraman said:

Hey guys, I am using mutipatch as well because i have a mac. However i dont know if i will using the file needed. Not asking if the Rom is correct because that is illegal, but can someone tell what the name of the patch they used when putting it in multipatch so i know if i am doing it properly

It should be ProjectExile103.bps (assuming you have the current version).

One of the programmers for PE, EnDavio, has released a separate mod for Thracia that changes some of the character sprites to look more like their official art. It's compatible with PE, so check it out!