Cirosan

[FE5] Project Exile - Thracia 776 Script and Menu Translation - FULLY COMPLETE AND RELEASED!

7 hours ago, sidd said:

First of all, thank you for actually working on this project I remember the last translation patch I played only went up to chapter 6 or so and that was ages ago. That being said, I'm having some weird issues with the patch itself - the intro and the initial menu screen run fine and and are working perfectly but when I actually start playing the first chapter it becomes a mess of pixels for some reason. I tried removing the header on all three of the versions of the game I have but it all produces the same result.

I made the mistake of basing the most recent update on a very, very obscure ROM, which makes patching the game difficult. Do you think you could wait until the next update? I have it fixed to be based on a much more common ROM, and it will contain translations for 3 more chapters. I'd estimate to be done in about 10 days.

Is the game in Japanese after Chapter 13? I'm just curious because I've been wanting to play Thracia 776 on a better patch because the game is a little difficult to play on other patches.

23 hours ago, Swordsmaster said:

Is the game in Japanese after Chapter 13? I'm just curious because I've been wanting to play Thracia 776 on a better patch because the game is a little difficult to play on other patches.

Yes, the script after chapter 13 is still untranslated, but the menus are still translated.

The Project Exile discord has been reopened to the public; the invite link is in the OP.

The next update should be done shortly, and will translate the next three chapters: 14, 14x, and 15.

An update is now available in the OP. Three new chapters (14, 14x, and 15) have been translated, making the script complete through chapter 15. The scripts for the new chapters are also now available in the .zip archive in the OP.

Also, a version of the patch with the vanilla command order (a.k.a., the "Top Wait" order) is also available.

Finally, the Project Exile discord has been opened to the public again - an invite link is in the OP.

Edited by Cirosan

The Fala scroll gives a +5% strength growth as well as a 5% magic and 10% skill and speed growth bonus, but the item description didn't include the 5% strength boost, if I'm remembering correctly. It's a really minor detail so it doesn't matter too much, just pointing it out. Again, thank you for making this a thing, and what you've accomplished so far in what little time you've had is amazing.

Edited by Leif Faris Claus
Small wording change

what rom file is the current patch compatible with cause unless im being really dumb it doesnt say in the text file

Edited by Roanoke42

20 hours ago, Roanoke42 said:

what rom file is the current patch compatible with cause unless im being really dumb it doesnt say in the text file

In the OP says "rom with crc32 FC519952"

I just finished playing Genealogy of the Holy War using the Naga Patch which was great. I was really excited to play Thracia 776 but most of the other translations I have seen were... lacking in some regards. This translation looks very promising, however, so keep up the great work! Cannot wait to see you finally finish the Herculean task of translating this 19-year-old game (also can't wait to play it)

8 hours ago, Fates-Blade said:

I wonder which one I should be looking more forward to, Unified Thracia or Project Exile.

considering ut hasnt updated in months, i think the choice is clear.

An update is now available in the OP. Four new chapters (16A, 17A, 16B, and 17B) have been translated, making the script complete through the route split. The scripts for the new chapters are also available in the .zip archive in the OP.

I'm so excited, thank you so much for your hard work and dedication! So many of us are grateful for what you're doing and we look forward to the end product.

hay there, Cirosan!

I just tested out your patch of FE V on my ps vita and just wanted to say that it's great and makes the game alot clearly and easier to understand,

everything is clean, clear to read and know what everything does :) 

keep up the good work, glad to see FE V finally getting a proper English patch that it deserves and becoming fully playable :)

the jumbled text of old patches of FE V made the game impossible to read/understand :)

hope you can finish it to the end, it's a great and perfect patch! 

just one question tho: 

on my ps vita, what is a good snes emu to use for this? 

retroarch vita (v1.7.5) using SNES9x 2005 the game loads up fine and works, but has some lag on sound, but runs fine,

SNES9x 2005+ crashes my vita on boot for some reason, 

and I think SNES9x 2002 also? 

not sure about SNES9X 2010 (Next).

not sure about the standalone snes emu for vita (CATFC v1.3.4 mod) can run this well?

or if the PSP snes emus will play this game at all. 

I think the 3ds version of SNES9X can run this? 

On Vita, Retroarch is the best option for SNES emulation. Personally, I've found that the Snes9x 2005 core is best for SNES-era FEs. Sound lag is the eternal bane of SNES emulation, unfortunately.

Expect an update soon with 5 more chapters.

An update is now available in the OP. Five new chapters (18, 19, 20, 21, and 21x) have been translated, making the script complete through Chapter 21. The scripts for the new chapters are also available in the .zip archive in the OP.

Only five more chapters are left.

Ciro is taking a break this week, so I'm here to announce a brand-spanking-new side-project:

What? This has only five chapters left to go? When I last checked in it must have been a month or so ago.

This is joyous! A Thracian script with a more professional polish! I won't have to wait long then to add this to my FEs playlist (though first I should get NM done).

This is perfectly compatible with OpenEmu, right? Just checking.