Cirosan

[FE5] Project Exile - Thracia 776 Script and Menu Translation - FULLY COMPLETE AND RELEASED!

I always was interested in playing Thracia, but the terrible translation always kept me from doing it. Now, I'm legit impatient for this to be released. I cannot wait to explore this, one of the most infamous titles in the FE series, with a proper translation that'll allow me to properly enjoy the story. And the gameplay, too! I couldn't stand how bugged everything was before. I suppose I could've looked up a menu guide, but having to decipher what's my attack, what's my AS, and so on, every time I have to fight an enemy isn't fun. But that shall soon no longer be an issue.

I already had the FE11 patches to thank you for (by the way, while I'm at it, thank you for those! FE11 is that much more enjoyable with your fixes!), and soon, I'll have one more thing to be thankful to you for. A shame there's not much else I can do at this point than to say, thank you for all your efforts, Cirosan! You're a goddamned hero, that's what you are! Keep up the good work!

...Anyone gonna start an LP when this releases? I don't have an image dump site account so I probably wouldn't do it myself. But an LP to show off the neue ubersetzung would be good, a topic I'd hop in and out of as I play to see how others are experiencing it at the same time and what they think of the game.

I want to thank everyone who's making this possible. I've wanted to play FE5 since I finished FE4 last year, but the translation was so bad I dumped it at chapter 10. Then, when I heard that this project was being made I decided to wait for it to start FE5 once again. Now I'll be able to play (and hopefully finish) this game thanks to all of you.

Wowee, those new screenshots look crazy when you're used to the old patch! You finish up whatever extra polish you want, you deserve a break after all you've done on this game and FE11!

As for @Interdimensional Observer I don't know anyone who will be doing a screenshot LP, which is what you seem to be looking for, but I do know a guy who will be Twitch streaming it if you'd care for that.

Say, is there any chance you can provide a picture of the Thracia map that you guys have touched up on.  It would be nice to have a picture of the new and improved game map.

Project Exile will be released on Friday, May 31st, at 6:00pm EST - that's tomorrow.

This is a full translation which affects all chapters, all menus, all items, all epilogues, the intro and outro crawl, the world map, and much more. It makes Thracia 776 playable in its entirety.

However, this will not be the final version of the patch - updates will come in the following months that will change the menu font, for those who dislike it, as well as make small tweaks and fixes to other features. Please note that the version released on Friday will be fully playable and is 95% complete.

For updates and support, join the Discord server: https://discord.gg/aDCnGVu 4

The release will also be posted in this thread, of course.

If you are new to Thracia, or are unsure of your ability to patch a ROM, I’ve been collaborating with Mekkah, who will have a beginner’s guide and how-to-patch video prepared by then. However, despite its reputation, I assure you that a blind playthrough is entirely feasible, and our localization has taken minor liberties to warn against the most common problems.

I look forward to delivering you the missing chapter in the Jugdral saga. See you soon.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, Teach said:

Say, is there any chance you can provide a picture of the Thracia map that you guys have touched up on.  It would be nice to have a picture of the new and improved game map.

Of course. All credit for the edited map goes to Ando, on our server.

Spoiler

PTlBgzn.png

Note that, for legibility reasons, Connaught had to be moved away from the coast a bit, and the nearby roads and rivers were redrawn.

Here's a comparison shot.

Edited by Miacis

I'm a big fan of the shinning force series and have played through several hard type difficulty hacks for that series. Because fire emblem resembles that series (and is more difficult I hope) I'm going to try one out. I checked out all the 16 bit fire emblem games and thracia interested me the most. Is it especially problematic to begin fire emblem with thracia? 

Also, I would like to play this patch with original hardware and my broadcast monitor. Is this patch compatible with the everdrive flashcart? 

32 minutes ago, niggelmyniggel said:

I'm a big fan of the shinning force series and have played through several hard type difficulty hacks for that series. Because fire emblem resembles that series (and is more difficult I hope) I'm going to try one out. I checked out all the 16 bit fire emblem games and thracia interested me the most. Is it especially problematic to begin fire emblem with thracia? 

Also, I would like to play this patch with original hardware and my broadcast monitor. Is this patch compatible with the everdrive flashcart? 

SNES Classic with RetroArch is the closest you’ll get.

Edited by LittleWittleKitty
Typo

LittleWittleKitty, I've got an emulation set up with retroarch. If it comes down to it I will use that.

I have had good luck in the past tweeking patches with other tools to get them to work with my everdrive. Most patches work without tweeking. The only patch I could not get to work was one that disabled the internal saving function on the original rom. I will try to get this patch working on my everdrive tonight and post here with results. 

Edited by niggelmyniggel

It is my esteemed pleasure to announce that the patch has been released, and is available for download in the OP. Please read the Readme carefully and follow all of the instructions. If you need help patching your ROM, our Discord server is ready to lend you a hand.

Welcome to Thracia. I hope you have as much fun with the patch as we had making it.

The curse is broken!

Finally! I've been expecting this all day. Stupid me thought 6:00pm EST was 12:00 where I live... which it was, just not 12:00 noon, but midnight. I've been suffering all day, waiting for this!

In any case, thanks a bunch for your hard work. I'll be sure to post again with any issues or typos I find as I play through Thracia. Or, if I find nothing worth noting, I'll just come to say "great job!". Whatever the case, keep up the good work!

j49qusdgk9311.jpg?width=479&auto=webp&s=

It's been over a decade since I've tried Thracia

LETS GOOOO

This is a colossal moment in FE history, so many have tried, so many have failed or gave up for their own reasons, but now it's finally here, thank you so much for your work, now if you excuse me, i have a peninsula to liberate and children to save, onward to the liberation of Thracia my friends, and now fully translated!

Thank you so very much for this! You guys are amazing and made many people happy! ?

and thus the curse is broken and history was made today, don't know if I should be happy or not that I never experienced the long wait for the final japanese only FE game to get a full working english translation, I only recently came across this project just only a few months ago so it didn't seem like that long of a wait for me, but at the same time I do recognize how huge this whole thing is. You guys are Awesome!

btw, does anyone know if this will work on a SNES classic with Hakchi?

Edited by Blizzagan

My feelings, right now. Holy shit. You are amazing. Like the poor citizens of Thracia in the year 776, I cannot believe this day would come. You're a ray of light, Cirosan. Our scion. You've finally completed the gap of English Fire Emblem games. Now, FE1/2/3/4/5/6, games never made available in English before, are now fully playable, with your hours of efforts being the final piece of the puzzle. You are truly Thracia's- and our- saviour. I can't put into words how much this means to me, how much everyone has been waiting for someone for someone as selfless as you to finally give us the experience of playing the final Fire Emblem game to be graced with the flair of Shouzou Kaga's devilish difficulty. Current fans, and future fans will look upon the work you've done. You've made video game history, here, Cirosan.

I've spent 28 years on this earth, turned into a jaded bitter adult, and suddenly this news has turned me into a 16-year-older again playing Fuin no Tsurugi for the first time between summer days of mowing the lawn while blasting the Thracia 776 soundtrack into my ears from my PSP to drown out the noise of the tractor, the smell of freshly-cut grass in my nostrils and the scent of summer days gone by. I'm a kid again. You've done it, you've managed to melt past all the hatred and anger I've built and turn me into a kid again. Unbelievable. Your work is unbelievable, this game is unbelievable. You're unbelievable.

Thank you.

I can confirm that this works on the SNES mini 100%. I now have all 3 SNES FE games on 1 system. Can't thank you guys enough for that!

What a beautiful day this is. Congratulations and thank you so much for this!