Cirosan

[FE5] Project Exile - Thracia 776 Script and Menu Translation - FULLY COMPLETE AND RELEASED!

I'm such a damn kid. I had to gush out my feelings.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've ran into one hiccup, what would let me open flips.exe on a Mac? Unarchiver isn't working.

You're going to have to download a program that can open .exe files.  I used something called Wine and Winebottler to get it to work on my Mac.

I streamed some Thracia in celebration of the patch! Featuring Ike, Specta, McKraut, Dandra, Jankmaster and some others dropping in and out of the Serenes Forest discord voice chat. We had laughs, though the first half hour or so is me by myself lol.

I've been up, like, all night playing Thracia, lol.

@Silafante and I had been looking forward to this patch for a few months at this point.  I'm sure if Sila was here (has been avoiding the site to avoid 3H spoilers, lmao), he'd be ever so grateful.  I myself had been anticipating it close to the start of the project, as I was already familiar with some of Cirosan's work.  I felt if anyone's project could finally tackle this thing, it'd be the project of the guy who made all those wonderful mods for the Fallout games and the DS FE's.

So thanks to everyone who has worked on this.  It's so great that I get to finally play this fantastic follow-up to one of my favorite entries in the series.  Some day I'll let's play this, but given my let's play habits...  I think for now I just want to enjoy the game for myself.

2 hours ago, corrindreamprincess said:

found bug on chapter 15 after let mareeta talk to shannam screen is freeze and can't continue play game

(i use snes9x-1.55-win32-x64)

bug.jpg

Download the most recent version of snes9x (1.60) and use that instead.

I had some weird garbled menu background glitch from using that very same version of snes9x, but it was fixed as soon as I booted it up in a later version.  If you don't use the proper emulator, glitches are bound to happen.

3 hours ago, corrindreamprincess said:

found bug on chapter 15 after let mareeta talk to shannam screen is freeze and can't continue play game

(i use snes9x-1.55-win32-x64)

bug.jpg

Update the patch to the latest version. This was in the last release (the one that went to 21x), but has been fixed for the full release.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I've been up, like, all night playing Thracia, lol.

@Silafante and I had been looking forward to this patch for a few months at this point.  I'm sure if Sila was here (has been avoiding the site to avoid 3H spoilers, lmao), he'd be ever so grateful.  I myself had been anticipating it close to the start of the project, as I was already familiar with some of Cirosan's work.  I felt if anyone's project could finally tackle this thing, it'd be the project of the guy who made all those wonderful mods for the Fallout games and the DS FE's.

So thanks to everyone who has worked on this.  It's so great that I get to finally play this fantastic follow-up to one of my favorite entries in the series.  Some day I'll let's play this, but given my let's play habits...  I think for now I just want to enjoy the game for myself.

Download the most recent version of snes9x (1.60) and use that instead.

I had some weird garbled menu background glitch from using that very same version of snes9x, but it was fixed as soon as I booted it up in a later version.  If you don't use the proper emulator, glitches are bound to happen.

My bad, not emulator problem, it's because I didn't update the lastest patch, but i wil try recent version of snes9x later, thanks.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've ran into one hiccup, what would let me open flips.exe on a Mac? Unarchiver isn't working.

There's actually a java based web version of flips available online: https://media.smwcentral.net/Alcaro/bps/. That's what I used. I also assume that the standard multipatch for Mac could handle the patching but I didn't test it. 

4 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

There's actually a java based web version of flips available online: https://media.smwcentral.net/Alcaro/bps/. That's what I used. I also assume that the standard multipatch for Mac could handle the patching but I didn't test it. 

Thank you!

THRACIA A GO-GO BABY!

...Two minor graphical hiccups I've noticed, just in case others haven't experienced the same:

• The background used for most windows during maps looks beige and corrupted. I just ignore this by getting rid of the green and red to make the background a dark blue where the corruption stands out less visually.
  • The background in the save menu between chapters looks off, and whenever the file is saving and vanishes for a moment as it is updating itself, the Thracia emblem from the title screen peeks through where the save file was.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Thank you so much for this patch!  I love the SNES Fire Emblems and I'm very glad to see all three get upgraded patches, especially Thracia which needed it the most.  Can't wait to start playing!

I don't think the included xml is working. Tried loading my patched rom with the renamed xml file in the same folder both in Retroarchs Bsnes-mercury-accuracy core and in Bsnes standalone the game just blackscreens as if the xml isn't present. Loaded the same rom in snes9x and it plays perfect. The instructions say to just rename the file to match my rom, but when I open the xml it says: Rom name=FE5projectexile.sfc,  idk if that matters at all....also my patched rom is a SMC not a sfc file at the moment. What do I do here? lol.

EDIT:I see there are included checksums in the front page ill compare my rom to those, try again and report back.

EDIT2: My rom is the correct checksum of C3FD1CAD754256D7A013864D917F47FA and is indeed a .Smc not a .sfc

Edited by DeadlyAnGeL91792

17 minutes ago, DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:

I don't think the included xml is working. Tried loading my patched rom with the renamed xml file in the same folder both in Retroarchs Bsnes-mercury-accuracy core and in Bsnes standalone the game just blackscreens as if the xml isn't present. Loaded the same rom in snes9x and it plays perfect. The instructions say to just rename the file to match my rom, but when I open the xml it says: Rom name=FE5projectexile.sfc,  idk if that matters at all....also my patched rom is a SMC not a sfc file at the moment. What do I do here? lol.

EDIT:I see there are included checksums in the front page ill compare my rom to those, try again and report back.

EDIT2: My rom is the correct checksum of C3FD1CAD754256D7A013864D917F47FA and is indeed a .Smc not a .sfc

Make sure the XML is in the same folder as your ROM. Other than that, try the Discord server for help. Personally, I'd just use snes9x - less headaches that way.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Two minor graphical hiccups I've noticed, just in case others haven't experienced the same:

• The background used for most windows during maps looks beige and corrupted. I just ignore this by getting rid of the green and red to make the background a dark blue where the corruption stands out less visually.
  • The background in the save menu between chapters looks off, and whenever the file is saving and vanishes for a moment as it is updating itself, the Thracia emblem from the title screen peeks through where the save file was.

This is a glitch that has since been fixed. The glitch makes it so you start new games with a corrupted window pattern, and that pattern will in turn corrupt other graphical elements, like what you describe in the save menu. Simply change your menu pattern in Options to a normal pattern and adjust the colors to your liking, and that should fix the issue.

Updating to the new patch in the OP will also make sure that subsequent new games will start you with a regular window pattern.

Edited by Miacis

17 hours ago, FX29 said:

I can confirm that this works on the SNES mini 100%. I now have all 3 SNES FE games on 1 system. Can't thank you guys enough for that!

Did you get it working with retroarch or natively? I put the translated Thracia on there but when I clicked on it, and it faded to black, it faded right back to the game selection screen. If you put it on their without retroarch I'd love to know what I did wrong. But if not that's fine too. Project Naga's translation is on my SNES Classic via retroarch so it's alright.

Anyway! To the team I wanted to say congratulations! It sure looked like a lot of hard work but I was constantly shocked at the break-neck pace you got this out! I could be wrong but I believe this is the first fan translation that's out that was able to use Nintendo's official translated names. I feel like we stepped into a new era! Bravo and thank you!

Also I'm loving the new Project Exile logo, very spiffy.

36 minutes ago, Cirosan said:

Make sure the XML is in the same folder as your ROM. Other than that, try the Discord server for help. Personally, I'd just use snes9x - less headaches that way.

Yeah they are in the same folder. Just don't know why the xml file expects a .sfc but the correct checksum for the patch is for a .smc, Pretty sure I did everything as the instructions said. I prefer Bsnes because that is what I already have set up for most my games, but ya looks like I might just have to settle on snes9x.

2 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

Patch to fix the head-canon renames?

... Beg your pardon?

haha its because you changed things from the old patch Xd

11 hours ago, PersonWithTime said:

Did you get it working with retroarch or natively? I put the translated Thracia on there but when I clicked on it, and it faded to black, it faded right back to the game selection screen. If you put it on their without retroarch I'd love to know what I did wrong. But if not that's fine too. Project Naga's translation is on my SNES Classic via retroarch so it's alright.

Anyway! To the team I wanted to say congratulations! It sure looked like a lot of hard work but I was constantly shocked at the break-neck pace you got this out! I could be wrong but I believe this is the first fan translation that's out that was able to use Nintendo's official translated names. I feel like we stepped into a new era! Bravo and thank you!

Also I'm loving the new Project Exile logo, very spiffy.

I got the game to run through retroarch . I basically downloaded the Japanese ROM, patched it with flips then opened Hakchi and selected Thracia 776. I then manually forced the ROM to open in retroarch by adding“ —retroarch” at the end of the command line. I then synced the games and Thracia 776 was working fine on my SNES mini. The only FE game I got running natively is Mystery of the Emblem.

Thanks for all of the hard work! Incredibly grateful to be able to play this game. Just thought I'd mention that as of now (for the three people on earth this would affect), the patched ROM doesn't work with the Analogue Super NT, but it does work with the SD2SNES.

Thanks to everyone who worked hard in this patch! I wanted to play Thracia since a while ago, but the bad translation (specially the bugged menus) threw me back. Now i can play it and hopefully, be able of complete it without get defeated so much.

Question as somebody who's never played Thracia before: is uh.... the bishop in chapter 3 supposed to use the door key to get to the treasures and then help himself to the Meteor tome? In GBA rom hacks, a unit doing that is normally a sign that something has gone wrong in the hack's coding.