Cirosan

[FE5] Project Exile - Thracia 776 Script and Menu Translation - FULLY COMPLETE AND RELEASED!

Oh, wow. This thread blew up. OK, I'm going to try to address what was brought up here...

19 hours ago, Nickdos said:

https://translate.google.gr/#view=home&op=translate&sl=ja&tl=en&text=プージ

プージ is pronounced as "Pūji"

Why did you arbitrarily decide to rename this to a shitty and unpronounceable name like "Bhuj"? How can you say that "localization is about making the game accessible" to deflect criticism about the change to the crusader scrolls and then rename this weapon to something like this? Quite contradictory I think.  Also there are multiple characters that have the wrong names instead of the official ones from the CYL list from FEH. Maybe this is about what clicks right with you and not some "grand game design principle" that you are following. 

For character names, I provide lengthy notes in the chapter in which they first appear/are mentioned which explains my thought process. Look at those first. As for CYL, I explain the problem with this in the OP of this very thread. For the Pugi, see this thread by Aggro, a fine translator in his own right.

Furthermore, your tone is needlessly aggressive. If you want to discuss this further, I would read the things I've mentioned above, then take a deep breath before responding again.

9 hours ago, DukeBox said:

I'm not sure I really agree that this is a necessary change. Character growth rates are still hidden, and there is a reason they're hidden in every single game. Part of the fun is the randomness of every single playthrough of a FE game. You never know what the RNG will give you. Spelling out what everything does kind of detracts from that IMO. If I wanted to min-max, I'd play Disgaea.

If it wasn't originally in the game to begin with, I'm not sure it should be added. No offense, but I feel changes like this are 'beyond the scope' of a simple fan translation. 

My goal wasn't to provide a "simple fan translation", though. You used that term, not me. I wanted to provide an industry-quality localization, and to do that, some liberties will need to be taken. The game is 20 years old - our sensibilities of what we expect and what we consider fair in games has changed a whole lot since then. Ertrick36 already touched on this in their reply, and said everything I pretty much want to.

1 hour ago, Cor Leonis said:

Just some constructive criticism here... Making the game less cryptic is one thing, but is inserting long-winded paragraphs blatantly spelling out what strategies to use really the way to do it?

FE5 is still supposed to be a SRPG at the end of the day, no matter what anyone's opinion of video game accessibility is. Deciding and realizing how to overcome the challenges presented--and even creating contingencies for when things go horribly wrong--is an innate part of the genre. Warning the player of warps to kill rooms is one thing, but telling them where they are positioned and how to circumvent them feels like an insult to their intelligence. Just knowing of their existence is enough to plan for unfortunate situations, but the script clearly states to just avoid certain positions on the map and use your own warp magic to turn the tides. There's no thought process on the player's part anymore; the game just allowed the player to cheat by giving them all the answers.

Just because they were originally implemented in the most awful way possible doesn't mean the traps should be practically invalidated for the sake of "accessibility." Both situations are extremes of the worst kind, and I feel like it would be an easy fix to just be less verbose with the creative liberties. 

Your own phrasing betrays that a change was needed: "Just because they were originally implemented in the most awful way possible..."

It was a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation - the warp tiles are just an awful idea, full stop, and I understand being frustrated with Augustus taking up quite a bit of dialogue about it, but at the same time, as Miacis point out, all he says amounts to "we should not linger for too long near doors, on staircases, or in narrow corridors" - which doesn't reveal exactly where the traps are. And another user commented right after Miacis that it's still "trial and error" - which shows that we didn't go far enough. There was no ideal solution here. The best we could do is tell the player to be prepared for it and give them some vague hints. If it happens, at least they won't be caught by surprise and will still know what to do and how to react. And as Miacis points out, this actually increases the tension, not decreases it: the chapter goes from "hey what the fuck my unit just got teleported" to "oh fuck oh fuck I hope I don't step on one of the tiles Augustus warned me about" - we go from a cheap dick move to a genuine sense of dread and suspense. It's not perfect, but it's an improvement, in my eyes.

Oh, a fan translation project completion? I've always found it a nice thing when this kind of things happen. Not that it's something I'd use for most if not all cases; but it's good to know when people have accesability to try something out.

Hmm. I'd say, I found fascinating this whole thing about the scrolls. I suppose it's understandable.

However, it does made me think. Previous items were left as-is in official localizations. Afa's Drops, Metis' Tome, the Class Bands, even the Astral Shards and Star Jacint didn't showed exact numbers. So it can't be said it was an old thing, as it's a protocol that's still used as of recently. I take it then there's disagreement of this practice, to have chosen otherwise? You say this project is as much localization as it is translation; but localization hasn't done what you did in this aspect. So far, at least.

By the way, the Bhuj thing was quite interesting. Didn't knew that. Or maybe I forgot I checked that old thread. Either way, I agree on that.

3 minutes ago, Cirosan said:

There was no ideal solution here. The best we could do is tell the player to be prepared for it and give them some vague hints. If it happens, at least they won't be caught by surprise and will still know what to do and how to react.

I'm merely trying to assert the "vague" hints are more damaging than you think. As stated earlier by Miacis, they could apply to roughly half the map and do not outright spoil the locations of the traps themselves. You have to look at it backwards, though. You know that roughly half the map is rigged with landmines...but you also know what pieces make up this half. But what about the pieces that make up the other half? These pieces must be "safe."

It unquestionably changes how the player approaches the map. When every step might cause the worst possible scenario, the player prepares accordingly by keeping their rescuing options open until the very end. Now knowing the "vague" hints, however, the player can simply kite around the affected areas or send in pawn to ensure a space is safe for next turn.

It certainly isn't so cut-and-dried, admittedly. Treating each space as a potential trap due to the absurd uncertainty of where they are positioned is incredibly stressful...but it is also the penultimate map of the game. Preparing contingencies should be expected at this point. They also aren't so frequent that damage control is impossible.

That's why explaining the traps exist and what they do is important. That's a change I welcome since you're simply explaining the map's gimmick. But then following up on how to circumvent it entirely seems...unnecessary.

First of all thank you for allowing me to play through the whole game, experiencing the whole story and having understandable menus at the same time.

Just as a counterpoint to some of the hate you're getting for your approach to increasing the accessability:
I've played every game in the series, most of them at least once on their highest difficulty, and as a first time FE5 player I absolutely appreciate the choices you've made regarding stuff like showing growth rate changes on scrolls or making certain stuff more immediately understandable.

Stuff like 24x is trash design no matter what you do with the dialogue, if you don't have at least one rescue staff available you can usually just reset the map and finding every warp tile through trial & error or looking it up on a map both aren't the most engaging/interesting options either. I think your solution was pretty reasonable since it's as much help as you can give someone to allow them to beat it blind, I just used savestates for that chapter, because I couldn't be bothered to look stuff up or reset a ton of times, there are better things to spend my time on than a badly designed map.

This might be slightly off-topic to the translation, but that map felt out of place in general, usually Thracia gives you access to all the tools and information you need to overcome even seemingly huge challenges, but on this map it just goes into 'guide dang it' territory, and I feel like giving hints through dialogue doesn't ruin the spirit of the game at all.

Showing the exact values on scrolls might be a contentious issue for some, but realistically it's just a quality of life thing, in a "real" game I think it would be more appropriate to have it a bit more vague like "significantly increases speed, slightly increases magic, in exchange for slightly lowered vitality of the holder", but 99% of people will be playing this game on an emulator and just look stuff like this up, I don't see how it hurts the game at all.

Hello, Sev here from Provenance-Emu team. One of our users mentioned trying to get this to work on our emulator and linked us here—works for me, but…
Why isn't this listed on romhacking.net yet?

Oh, and…Although I haven't dug into the game deeply and probably won't have time to play any time soon (just popped in to see if I could replicate an issue reported by a user)…

I jumped back here to add some gratitude to my question above. (happened to notice the some aggros earlier in the thread. Our app is free open source so we get plenty of this as well. To those I say, unless you contribute to the efforts of these fine people who translate these works for the masses, for free…I'd hold your tongue or learn some manners and etiquette if you want to to have a productive discussion) Hats off to the team and project. Thank you for supporting and enriching the retrogaming community.

Edited by sevdestruct
context, introductions, and gratitude

We're in the midst of pushing out a major update, so I'm waiting until then to publish it to RH.net, as they're notoriously slow to upload new versions.

If you're in the emulator scene, I don't suppose you could contact the RH.net admins and have them prioritize our updates, or just let us update the patch in real-time, could you?

1 hour ago, sevdestruct said:

(happened to notice the some aggros earlier in the thread. Our app is free open source so we get plenty of this as well. To those I say, unless you contribute to the efforts of these fine people who translate these works for the masses, for free…I'd hold your tongue or learn some manners and etiquette if you want to to have a productive discussion)

Do give the moderation team here some credit.  We try.

Not sure if it has been asked before, but Eyvel's use of the term of endearment "Little Leif", why was it chosen? I don't think the old translation had a similar phrase. I really like it, it's motherly, and Leif is something of FE's least significant/powerful Lord- the real "little guy" among them. I'm just asking what in the Japanese led you to use it.

Similarly, Raydrik's "Twofold Traitor", the reasoning behind it? Giving him a moniker is good, and I always adore abundant alliteration.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not sure if it has been asked before, but Eyvel's use of the term of endearment "Little Leif", why was it chosen? I don't think the old translation had a similar phrase. I really like it, it's motherly, and Leif is something of FE's least significant/powerful Lord- the real "little guy" among them. I'm just asking what in the Japanese led you to use it.

Similarly, Raydrik's "Twofold Traitor", the reasoning behind it? Giving him a moniker is good, and I always adore abundant alliteration.

sigh

I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for the script - I really do, especially in light of all the hostility recently - but if you'd just look at the scripts you'd find I made very large, lengthy notes explaining my reasoning in both of these cases.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You will find the answers to these question in the PDFs of chapter 1 (p3) and 23 (p1), respectively~

21 minutes ago, Cirosan said:

sigh

I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for the script - I really do, especially in light of all the hostility recently - but if you'd just look at the scripts you'd find I made very large, lengthy notes explaining my reasoning in both of these cases.

21 minutes ago, Miacis said:

You will find the answers to these question in the PDFs of chapter 1 (p3) and 23 (p1), respectively~

My apologies!😵

I won't ask again now that you've directly pointed this out. 

You really didn't need to write up those notes, but they are excellent!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You really didn't need to write up those notes, but they are excellent!

Given what a number of people in this thread are saying about this localization, I feel like they actually were kinda necessary, lmao.

6 hours ago, Cor Leonis said:

I'm merely trying to assert the "vague" hints are more damaging than you think. As stated earlier by Miacis, they could apply to roughly half the map and do not outright spoil the locations of the traps themselves. You have to look at it backwards, though. You know that roughly half the map is rigged with landmines...but you also know what pieces make up this half. But what about the pieces that make up the other half? These pieces must be "safe."

It unquestionably changes how the player approaches the map. When every step might cause the worst possible scenario, the player prepares accordingly by keeping their rescuing options open until the very end. Now knowing the "vague" hints, however, the player can simply kite around the affected areas or send in pawn to ensure a space is safe for next turn.

It certainly isn't so cut-and-dried, admittedly. Treating each space as a potential trap due to the absurd uncertainty of where they are positioned is incredibly stressful...but it is also the penultimate map of the game. Preparing contingencies should be expected at this point. They also aren't so frequent that damage control is impossible.

That's why explaining the traps exist and what they do is important. That's a change I welcome since you're simply explaining the map's gimmick. But then following up on how to circumvent it entirely seems...unnecessary.

I feel like the end-all answer to this is that it's just bad game design, and I'll break it down.

- Should a player feel terrified to go virtually anywhere on the map, to the point that they move through the map at a slug's pace?  It's a solace to know that a good portion of the map is okay to traverse.  Otherwise, your game design is counteractive; you're forcing the player to play in a very sub-optimal way for no reason.

- You say that players will prepare rescue staves, yet nowhere in the game do they say "hey, maybe you should preserve those staves".  This is like the BS with Ryoma's son, Shiro, and how you literally need to have a rescue rod on hand to save him.  You get no forewarning, and just have to figure out for yourself that you need it.  And if you don't, then guess you'll just have to rely on luck and some good ol' fashioned trial and error.  Yes, it changes the approach players take, but if the approach you want your players to take is about trial and error and slugging about everywhere, then you don't know anything about how game design should actually work.  This map was just flawed by design.

- It's, like, only the fifth game in the series, and pretty much all the contingency preparations you have to make in the game could only be made if you looked up that you needed them.  For example, the large amounts of torches you need.  No one tells you that you need a crap ton of torches, but you need them still because the game loves to throw Fog of War at you and even if you do know where everything is you're still ineffective in the dark because you can't hit enemies that are obscured by darkness.  Just because it's expected doesn't make it good design.  And it being the penultimate stage doesn't excuse the developers throwing bad level design at you.

- I'll say for the purposes of bringing the game to a more general audience than the Thracia experts of the FE fandom (which Cirosan, the team, and supporters like myself have continually reiterated was a prominent purpose of the project), it was necessary.  The only damage here is bad level design.

I'm not saying this game as a whole has bad balance, but there are definitely a lot of things that are needlessly cryptic.  And considering the only other "full translation" out there basically pulled some real stupid crap (such as dialogue in Chapter 4 seeming to imply that if Leif escapes, then everyone else escapes as well, which is a flat out lie), I feel like the project team deserve some credit for clarifying some of that cryptic nonsense.

2 hours ago, Cirosan said:

especially in light of all the hostility recently

That's how you know you're dealing with passionate FE fans 😃

By releasing the full patch, you basically opened the floodgates to all the people who don't read the readme.  Which is a lot of the FE fandom, except the FE fandom is a lot more bitter and critical than Fallout fans are.  Also, kinda socially dense, if I may be quite frank, and slow to grasp nuanced ideas.  I'm sorry, this dig on the fandom has gone on long enough.

I do hope you know how much your team's work is appreciated, though.  I know a lot of people lately have been criticizing bits and pieces of this project and that I'm just one voice, but I'm sure I speak for a lot of FE fans when I say this localization is great.  I think it's of high quality, I'd definitely say it's industry-grade stuff.  I appreciate the effort you all put in to not only translate the game to a language I can understand, but to make it less of a cryptic headache that I have to keep looking stuff up for and more of a generally fun entry in the series.

Hmm, hearing about all these extra hints were added as well is kind of turning me off. Guess my expectations were completely different to what your goals are. Idk, I guess I'll have to wait for project naga, if that ever happens. It was already tiresome playing through the 3DS games and gimping myself by avoiding all the features i disliked, I don't really want to do that again. Sorry.

Might as well learn Japanese myself at this rate with how much minor things in J-E translations bother me lol.

So this is a romhack for min-maxing tryhards. Can we get a pure translation patch of this game someday without either shitty memes or guides and tutorials please?

On 6/4/2019 at 10:05 AM, Miacis said:

Just to be clear, the goal of this project never was to be "a simple fan translation", but a proper localization effort, with accessibility intended as one of its objectives

Oh I see, then maybe you should have picked a different name for this thread than "Thracia 776 Script and Menu Translation" which explicitly states "Translation" and nothing more. Especially seeing how many people come this this forum to find ways around the official localization that destroyed Fates. Let's see how popular this patch will be then.

20 hours ago, Abundy said:

First of all thank you for allowing me to play through the whole game, experiencing the whole story and having understandable menus at the same time.

Just as a counterpoint to some of the hate you're getting for your approach to increasing the accessability:
I've played every game in the series, most of them at least once on their highest difficulty, and as a first time FE5 player I absolutely appreciate the choices you've made regarding stuff like showing growth rate changes on scrolls or making certain stuff more immediately understandable.

Stuff like 24x is trash design no matter what you do with the dialogue, if you don't have at least one rescue staff available you can usually just reset the map and finding every warp tile through trial & error or looking it up on a map both aren't the most engaging/interesting options either. I think your solution was pretty reasonable since it's as much help as you can give someone to allow them to beat it blind, I just used savestates for that chapter, because I couldn't be bothered to look stuff up or reset a ton of times, there are better things to spend my time on than a badly designed map.

This might be slightly off-topic to the translation, but that map felt out of place in general, usually Thracia gives you access to all the tools and information you need to overcome even seemingly huge challenges, but on this map it just goes into 'guide dang it' territory, and I feel like giving hints through dialogue doesn't ruin the spirit of the game at all.

Showing the exact values on scrolls might be a contentious issue for some, but realistically it's just a quality of life thing, in a "real" game I think it would be more appropriate to have it a bit more vague like "significantly increases speed, slightly increases magic, in exchange for slightly lowered vitality of the holder", but 99% of people will be playing this game on an emulator and just look stuff like this up, I don't see how it hurts the game at all.

What's even weirder than Chapter24x is that you purposefully forgot the hundreds of other pre-3DS FE games that featured chapters with hidden items, traps, or even entire side chapters and characters hidden with no clue of how to get, which were all meant to make side bucks by selling game guides in video game magazines. Thracia isn't any different, why did you think it's ok to do this when no one of you complained about the GBA and Tellius emblems that did the same thing?

MODEDIT: i actually missed this one but also don't doublepost here

Edited by Nickdos

If you want a shit translation with no quality of life features, good news! The old one still exists; go play it. Nobody is making you sit here and whine about how a localisation policy you vehemently disagree with (for God knows what reason) was carried out. You're whining about how a chocolate cake, advertised to all the world as a chocolate cake, doesn't taste of vanilla. No amount of whining about this will change that, so I'd suggest you just fuck off.

Oh man, I can't argue here, whenever I point out how this is wrong I get called names and that I am "whining". Saying "make it yourself" is very nonconstructive too. Where are the mods?

Edited by Nickdos

Look at my title. I am the mods, idiot.

18 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

So this is a romhack for min-maxing tryhards. Can we get a pure translation patch of this game someday without either shitty memes or guides and tutorials please?

Oh I see, then maybe you should have picked a different name for this thread than "Thracia 776 Script and Menu Translation" which explicitly states "Translation" and nothing more. Especially seeing how many people come this this forum to find ways around the official localization that destroyed Fates. Let's see how popular this patch will be then.

Alright I'm gettin' Actually Sick of your garbage attitude. The only one being a tryhard is you, acting like a sprinkling of vague hints and a weapon rename has SOILED THE THRACIA 776 NAME

You know what the patch doesn't do? Make the game any easier. Tell you that Leif and friends are gonna be BTFO'd at the end of chapter 3 and you should manage your gear first. Tell you when EP reinforcements are coming. Tell you that the bishop is gonna swipe that meteor unless you GO FAST. Tell you that enemies can capture your guys and steal their shit. Tell you that enemies will trade with each other. Tell you about Pursuit Critical Coeffecients, tell you about the 25% hard cap on initial attack crit rates, and basically 95% of all the shit Thracia is infamous for if you're familiar with it.

And you know what's the real kicker? None of you dingbats giving Project Exile a hard time fuckin' beat Thracia the first go round without a guide, save state abuse, or both, don't even lie about it. So kindly step off with your bad attitude m8.

11 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

What's even weirder than Chapter24x is that you purposefully forgot the hundreds of other pre-3DS FE games that featured chapters with hidden items, traps, or even entire side chapters and characters hidden with no clue of how to get, which were all meant to make side bucks by selling game guides in video game magazines. Thracia isn't any different, why did you think it's ok to do this when no one of you complained about the GBA and Tellius emblems that did the same thing?

the traps in GBA emblem where hilariously telegraphed with obvious discolored floor/wall tiles so you could avoid them

are you saying you what Project Exile to make the trap tiles MORE obvious?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

Oh man, I can't argue here, whenever I point out how this is wrong I get called names and that I am "whining". Saying "make it yourself" then is very nonconstructive. Where are the mods?

Arguing doesn't mean people agreeing with you. I don't think you understand how this word works.

1 hour ago, Parrhesia said:

Look at my title. I am the mods, idiot.

You will think twice before you insult me again then and edit your post powertripper.

1 hour ago, CappnRob said:

Alright I'm gettin' Actually Sick of your garbage attitude. The only one being a tryhard is you, acting like a sprinkling of vague hints and a weapon rename has SOILED THE THRACIA 776 NAME

You know what the patch doesn't do? Make the game any easier. Tell you that Leif and friends are gonna be BTFO'd at the end of chapter 3 and you should manage your gear first. Tell you when EP reinforcements are coming. Tell you that the bishop is gonna swipe that meteor unless you GO FAST. Tell you that enemies can capture your guys and steal their shit. Tell you that enemies will trade with each other. Tell you about Pursuit Critical Coeffecients, tell you about the 25% hard cap on initial attack crit rates, and basically 95% of all the shit Thracia is infamous for if you're familiar with it.

And you know what's the real kicker? None of you dingbats giving Project Exile a hard time fuckin' beat Thracia the first go round without a guide, save state abuse, or both, don't even lie about it. So kindly step off with your bad attitude m8.

the traps in GBA emblem where hilariously telegraphed with obvious discolored floor/wall tiles so you could avoid them

are you saying you what Project Exile to make the trap tiles MORE obvious?

giphy.gif

Arguing doesn't mean people agreeing with you. I don't think you understand how this word works.

You are wrong, there are many maps with hidden traps and items in GBA emblems and even Karla, also you must be 12 to say "I am so much better than you at the game" kid.

MODEDIT: we'll take this step by step. first, don't doublepost also parrhesia didn't edit any posts wtf

Edited by Integrity

1 minute ago, Nickdos said:

You are wrong, there are many maps with hidden traps and items in GBA emblems and even Karla, also you must be 12 to say "I am so much better than you at the game" kid.

Are you forgetting that in FE7 you can LITERALLY PAY GOLD to get hints about the upcoming maps? This is how you learn about the disappearing floors in Sonia's sidequest.

28.png

The brighter-red tiles are the flame traps for the Durandal chapter.

30H.png

The dark spots on the walls are where the poison vents shoot out from in the Armads chapter.

In both cases the NPCs will probably trigger them before you will. The traps are not a surprise in GBA emblem.

and lmao dude I did the same thing when I played Thracia on the old patch like 13 years ago or w/e. Same for my first run of FE4, and FE3. Emulators and online guides make things easier in ways outside the scope of the game, that's just how it be. I never said I was better than anyone, come off on that lol

12 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Which is a lot of the FE fandom, except the FE fandom is a lot more bitter and critical than Fallout fans are.  Also, kinda socially dense, if I may be quite frank, and slow to grasp nuanced ideas.

No, no, that also describes Fallout fans. Angry FE fans have just shown up in greater numbers than I was anticipating.

12 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I do hope you know how much your team's work is appreciated, though.  I know a lot of people lately have been criticizing bits and pieces of this project and that I'm just one voice, but I'm sure I speak for a lot of FE fans when I say this localization is great.  I think it's of high quality, I'd definitely say it's industry-grade stuff.  I appreciate the effort you all put in to not only translate the game to a language I can understand, but to make it less of a cryptic headache that I have to keep looking stuff up for and more of a generally fun entry in the series.

Thank you. To be honest, that's easy to forget - a lot of people act personally offended, like I killed their dog or something. I'm aware that the people who want literal translations are a vocal minority - maybe 20% of the fans, give or take - but they're very vocal, and at times i feel like public enemy number one.

6 hours ago, DukeBox said:

Hmm, hearing about all these extra hints were added as well is kind of turning me off. Guess my expectations were completely different to what your goals are. Idk, I guess I'll have to wait for project naga, if that ever happens. It was already tiresome playing through the 3DS games and gimping myself by avoiding all the features i disliked, I don't really want to do that again. Sorry. 

Might as well learn Japanese myself at this rate with how much minor things in J-E translations bother me lol.

I will now break down for you all the "hints" that were added, in total:

- Augustus saying that mounted units need to dismount indoors is now bracketed so the player understands it's an in-game command
- The infamous "if I escape, everyone does" has been properly translated, and the escape command is bracketed in dialogue for the same reasons
- 16B, a chapter with inexplicable warp tiles, and which already had a warning about said warp tiles in it, has had its warning elaborated to give the player some expectation of what to do
- Linoan's promotion, which is never hinted at anywhere in the game in any fashion, is now hinted at in dialogue before the relevant chapter
- The infamous warp tiles in 24x have been given a warning, as discussed above
- Endgame, which already warns the player to seize the seals all at once, has had its warning clarified due to poor wording in the original text

Six. Six things. Six things in a game filled with secrets and tricks and all sorts of things for you to discover. We only added warnings for the most egregious things, things which players often complained was detracting from their enjoyment of the game, and did so in a way that conforms to the original text's style and narrative. If these six things are so much of a deal-breaker for you that you'd prefer to wait for a patch which has not yet even officially started, nor has a finalized script, I don't know what to tell you.

33 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

You're unbelievable. It's six hints. See above.

33 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

Listen, listen, listen. Let me stop you right there. I'm going to give you a secret hint about language, OK? Listen carefully. The thing with words is... they can have multiple meanings. I know, shocking. When I click on an article to read about 8-4 talking about the art of translation, and they start talking about localization instead and not literal, raw translation, I throw my monitor out the window and choke myself with its cord. How dare people use translation and localization interchangeably in a thread title where brevity is key! Y'know, I wanted to fit in "Project Exile - Thracia 776 Menu and Script Japanese-to-English Industry-Quality Localization" but all my focus testers fell asleep halfway through reading it.

27 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

Yeah, we really shouldn't have added hints like how to get Dean's Dragonpike... oh wait, we didn't. Or how to recruit Ilios... oh wait, we didn't. You seem to forget that those games also gave hints for certain things, while omitting hints about other things - just like we did.

Finally - three replies in 10 minutes, dude? It's quite clear that nothing anyone says will satisfy you, and you seem to be out for blood in a medium where you'll get none. Look, let's just agree to disagree and bring this to a halt, OK?

6 minutes ago, Nickdos said:

Are you seriously arguing the overly cryptic stuff like 24x and Karla are good? Considering Karla is one of the stupidest recruitments in the series, it's making me question your logic and what you have said this entire thread.

4 minutes ago, Syndixel said:

Are you seriously arguing the overly cryptic stuff like 24x and Karla are good? Considering Karla is one of the stupidest recruitments in the series, it's making me question your logic and what you have said this entire thread.

Even if he is, Project Exile doesn't give hints for say, Ilios. Or Xavier. So we're par for the course honestly.

Anyway, Nickdos is never going to be satsified so I say just ignore him. Cirosan, you did a great job with this translation and hope you know you're bringing a previously niche game into the spotlight for new FE fans to enjoy.