Legendary Hero Battle of God, White Sage - Tiki

SatsumaFSoysoy

Abyssal? Good Lord. 

Infernal was already insanely difficult for me on most of those ridiculous reinforcement maps. 

Is Abyssal going to be the point I won't be able to win anymore, I wonder, with unmerged units?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo, thanks for posting that Jaffar video, @Kaden. My Jaffar is also +atk -def, and I had both PA!Azura and regular Azura with wings of mercy (no HS!Micaiah, though), so I decided "what the heck, let's give it a try".

Since I didn't have Micaiah, nor did my Jaffar have desperation or savage blow as a C-skill, I did have to improvise. PA!Inigo tanked the green cavalier mage in the beginning and was able to survive, but naturally wasn't able to kill it. Jaffar had to make sure to get his kills only on units that couldn't counterattack or were going to die in one hit, since I couldn't reply on doubling through desperation. I also had to retreat in a few parts of the video instead of advancing. But thankfully, Jaffar and savage blow seal (fully upgraded) was all I needed.

9 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

That makes it two Abyssal clear with Horse Emblem. I think we can conclude that Ursula is secretly S Tier

Wow that giant Blarblade Astra blasts Tiki away. My Cherche doesn't kill Tiki even at lunatic (on that defensive tile though). 

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

did give Hector Bold Fighter for one attempt, but I like this one better.

Wow, if already Nino +10 needs TA to kill Tiki ... congratulations, you got your clear done fast.

I don't know if I'll have time in the weekend, I'll give my best on Monday or perhaps Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, if already Nino +10 needs TA to kill Tiki ... congratulations, you got your clear done fast.

I don't know if I'll have time in the weekend, I'll give my best on Monday or perhaps Sunday. 

Hector needed TA to survive as well. 26 damage Bonfire is nasty, especially on top of 67 Atk. This one is definitely not very one-turn friendly.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Woo, thanks for posting that Jaffar video, @Kaden. My Jaffar is also +atk -def, and I had both PA!Azura and regular Azura with wings of mercy (no HS!Micaiah, though), so I decided "what the heck, let's give it a try".

Since I didn't have Micaiah, nor did my Jaffar have desperation or savage blow as a C-skill, I did have to improvise. PA!Inigo tanked the green cavalier mage in the beginning and was able to survive, but naturally wasn't able to kill it. Jaffar had to make sure to get his kills only on units that couldn't counterattack or were going to die in one hit, since I couldn't reply on doubling through desperation. I also had to retreat in a few parts of the video instead of advancing. But thankfully, Jaffar and savage blow seal (fully upgraded) was all I needed.

No problem, it looked interesting and I was curious when I saw the thumbnail. Apparently the channel is dedicated to Jaffar map clears with some other clears like an Ishtar clear for abyssal Marth. Marth's speed on abyssal is ludicrous. Ishtar was clocking at 52 speed against Marth meaning she was off by 3 speed from doubling him. Anyway, there's also one for abyssal Hector, but you need Close Counter on Jaffar.

I tried to do it with my +HP, -Res Jaffar and I think I really need Hoshidan Festival Micaiah and probably PA Azura or flying Olivia. Jaffar might not need to be +Atk, but it does become a problem when the Gronnraven cavalry mage is still alive where if I had Lene take them out means Jaffar would have 1 less turn to do something. Desperation would be useful, but with the after combat damage Jaffar is capable of dishing out, mine runs Poison Strike 3, Savage Blow 3, and had a Savage Blow 3 seal, he'd quickly whittle away at everyone and the defense debuff also makes it easier for him take them out provided he can at least do 1 damage to them if they're that low on health. The only problem is needing to give him enough turns to do so and for some enemies to not still be alive or else everyone gets swarmed. I do have a PA Inigo, but I don't have Wings of Mercy on him or PA Shigure for that matter. Cain's not exactly a common summon for me. I might try it again later.

Man, I really hope Jaffar gets demoted in the future. Even if the mass demotion that people are hoping for in the near future only drops him to 4* and 5* summonable, that would still be cool. When I first played Blazing Blade, he and Legault were the thieves I wanted to use. Matthew was cool too, but I liked Jaffar's and Legault's designs more, especially Legault's.

This video is going to showcase why I rate melee armors really, really low unless they have a mobility skill. Tiki has literally perfect combat (she ORKOs everyone on my team, and it takes 4 hours to kill her), I aggro'd her turn one, and she still does literally nothing. Armor march does not fix this in arena, either, since it's so trivial to de-synch an armor team with AI manipulation, although I'm kind of looking forward to an armor spam LHB where everyone has armor march, might make me run Gravity for once.

Cordelia is +10 as usual, but Azura is +1, and the other two are +0. I did like this LHB a lot, it's very rare for a LHB to force me to use units other than my 4 man core (I cleared Hector Abyssal with my default team, so I didn't bother recording it)---gave a good excuse to give Veronica a good a-slot, too. Having Atk +3 in the A-slot was bugging me.

Managed to OHKO Infernal!Tiki with Julia's holy Naga-Bomb. First Julius, now Tiki, truly Naga is the one true god. Shamefully it took a boost from Peshkatz, but whatever.

dPXf38ql.png

Team was more or less my standard outfit. The only change I had to make was to put a seal on Sothe since I forgot I had it. Actually pushed me over a threshold or two.

1. Neutral L!Ike: Reposition, Axebreaker 3, DD3 seal
  2. Neutral B!Lucina+2: Reposition, Vantage, Hone Spd 3 seal
  3. +Spd/-HP Julia: Divine Naga, Swap, Glacies, Fury 3, QR2, Drive Spd 2, +Atk/Def 2 seal
  4. +Spd/-HP Sothe: Draw Back, Desperation 3, Drive Spd 1 seal

The main problem was that red horse mage. Damn Raourblade did too much damage to Ike; not enough to kill, but enough that someone else could. In the end I lured him down the right passage by having Julia lure the bow cav there, letting him follow for his (useless) rally. Ike once again did the majority of the work, Lucina mostly helped with buffs, Julia mainly put Tiki back to sleep, and Sothe used Desperation to its fullest effect, wiping out a lot of the mages and contributing that sweet Peshkatz effect.

Can't edit my post on this page for some reason, so whatever.

Regarding my previous post on sukwindallinrush's strategy, it works with +Atk, -Def CYL Veronica, Spur Speed 3 seal, Veronica having a Spur Speed 3 seal doesn't change anything, and the only thing that really changes for QR3 for vanguard Ike is that he ends up with full health at the end of the map. Veronica being -Def doesn't need to inherit a Def +3 and +Atk doesn't cause enemies to die too early. I have no idea about the inverse with -Atk, however.

@mampfoid

Took about 2 hours to just to beat it on Infernal so I'm not even going to bother with Abyssal. Toyed with various skill combinations but it turns out I only needed to give Roy 2 Lunge and Draw Back. 

Edited by tobuShogi

Shamelessly took advantage of a clear I saw someone else manage with Celica plus three dancers because this is not a friendly Abyssal map for any of my teams (also my brain was tired from Hector). Not a fan of how cramped it gets and how trapped you end up and Tiki's a pain in the ass to kill (god bless Dragon Fang plus that Ragnarok refine though). Actually a lot of the guys on this map are a pain in the ass (that infantry sword is just evil)...

I saw a lot of people tried L!Ike/Veronica/Fjorm/Olivia combo for Infernal, so that's the same thing I used, the reinforcements was wrecking me.

@LordFrigid Wow, when I expected this to get no 1-turn clear, you proved again that nothing is impossible. Nicely done.

4 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Took about 2 hours to just to beat it on Infernal so I'm not even going to bother with Abyssal. Toyed with various skill combinations but it turns out I only needed to give Roy 2 Lunge and Draw Back. 

You make it look easier than it probably was. Clever use of Lunge to cover the rest of your team, it's a very important skill for many of my skills as well. To bad ranged units can't equip it. 

Congrats! 

Yeah this infernal kept stumping my teams. Tiki wasn't actually the issue. Many of my units can deal with her in one way or another. The reinforcements though. Eventually I would get overrun and lose a single unit. So I just did a quick google to see if I could get movement timing/positioning help. In the end I just did my own variation of Omni H's brave bow clear -

Spoiler

I did it with a fully built +ATK/-SPD Bridal Cordelia instead of a mostly unbuilt Setsuna. But once I saw how the rhythm of the fight had to go it wasn't too huge a deal.

@Anacybele Don't know if you have any brave bow archers that you use, but as far as I can tell any archer with either a brave bow or brave bow+ that hits at least 50ATK on initiation(when honed and drived so 43 before buffs or if you use ATK+3 in both Seal and A you can use archers with as low as 33 base attack with out needed a brave bow+. 30 if you have a + brave bow. Or basically every archer but Niles can potentially pull this off attack wise and maybe even he can with ally/summoner support) and has luna can pull this off. Jamke for example can hit that with a regular brave bow(no + needed) and attack +3 in his A slot. Give him the savage blow seal or even as a c skill if you have the fodder for that but not attack +3 and need the seal slot for that. He does need to be 5* though or summoner supported. Mine is 5* so I didn't bother trying the Summoner supported 4* trick. Also he needs a total of 5 extra speed to quad that hammer cav since they both sit at 27. At least Hone spd 2 on a dancer + at least the first level of the drive speed on another dancer manages that. Or basically you need him to be attack honed at all times and speed honed for that one specific moment. Figure out seal/C slot/A slot composition that works for you. Following his you would put hone speed on the low level Olivia and Drive speed instead of spd+3 and put spd+3 in the A. You could also give Jamke spd+3 seal if he has savage in his C. That said Olivia does need enough speed to avoid getting doubled by the breath user. But if you have drive speed somewhere other than her that should be enough. The positioning and kill order when I did it with Jamke gets a bit off at the end(actually in the exact same why my Cordelia threw it off, so it is probably due to my choice of dancers since I use Olivia/Flying Olivia/Lene instead of triple regular Olivia).

Basically this tl;dr is for anyone who just wants those dratted orbs but doesn't want to invest too much. Jamke can hit the needed numbers without needing any expensive inheritance, Repo was actually the hardest for me to source. So you only need to spend 20k to up him or the time to Summoner support him at 4*(I think). It does require you to have upgraded certain seals though. However, the drive seals are pretty top notch, so I figure most folks have focused on them. Savage blow is a bit iffier and is a bit rarer to inherit too(though at least available on a 4*). Hone Spd may not be everyone's pick but base hone + Drive is enough. Or level 2+base drive. So I think Reposition and Savage Blow would be the bottle necks here, though everyone has differing amounts of available fodder. I don't think all three dancers need to be red, but I didn't do a lot of experimenting there. Base Olivia is pretty easy to find laying around.

Infernal finally done with Leon and three dancers (PA!Azura kited around and stepped on the defense tile, which was how she survived Tiki - mostly everything else, including the -raven mage, died to Leon).  I'm not touching Abyssal with a ten-foot pole.

After like 30 attempts and more than hour I could finally manage infernal with Xander, MageReinhardt, LALilina and Veronica. The biggest problem was honestly the thief for me who could ORKO everyone of my (damaged) team. 

Once again this LHB shows how broken  Veronica is and that I picked the correct character. Her appearance has given me more than 20 orbs already (chain challenges and Hero Battles).

I did it! I did Abyssal with my own setup. This one was so annoying. And it is sad that I don't can make a video now D=.

This is the second Abyssal with Spring Catria. I just don't know why xD But I end up using her for this. 

Spoiler

2hId5LM.jpg?1

Edited by Stroud

Took a little bit of finagling with the skills and positioning, but I finally got this one cleared. Sigurd's ability to tank everything through the wall is phenomenal, but Reinhardt's Blazing Thunder was the true MVP of this run, helping himself and the team clinch a few kills that otherwise would have been missed.

+10 Sigurd [+Atk, -Res] (Divine Tyrfing, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Distant Def 3)
+10 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3)
+10 Gunnthra [+Spd, -Def] (Blizzard, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Chilling Seal, Hone Cavalry, Drive Spd 2)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, Live to Serve 3)

I gave up after about a dozen tries and looked up Phoenixmaster1's strategy video instead.

My Reinhardt and Olivia are +10 but I can still copy the video almost step by step until towards the very end, where my VL!Ike failed to kill the axe cavalier on the fort tile. It felt like the enemies' stats are so ridiculously high that it does even matter if your units have +10 merge.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Clever use of Lunge to cover the rest of your team, it's a very important skill for many of my skills as well. To bad ranged units can't equip it. 

I would be in ecstasy if ranged unit can equip after combat movement B slots. I can already hear the groans of increasing terror discomfort from players from an alternative universe where defense team AOTB!Veronicas Lunge at players' Enemy Phase units and then be utterly destroyed by the rest of the defense team.

Infernal was an undertaking, but I managed with no strats. Even pulled an odd idea off.

My team was Reinhardt (Draw Back, Moonbow, Lancebreaker, Heavy Blade Seal), Gronnwen (Draw Back, Iceberg, Desperation, Hone Cav, Drive Atk Seal), B!Lyn (Summoner S Rank, Swap, Desperation, Hone Cav, DD Seal) and B!Veronica (Atk 3, Fortify Cav, LTS Seal). I start by having Gronnwen and Lyn take out the sword user, while Lyn 1-shots the raven mage with a special proc on EP. The next turn sees Veronica 1-round the archer, Lyn 1-round the cav and Gronnwen sits next to Veronica (with Rein under Veronica) for the mage to attack her, still get 1-rounded and leave her below 75% HP. This is important for the next player phase. Lyn takes out the archer while under the pillar wall, Veronica heals her and the Windfire Balm means Gronnwen 1-rounds Tiki on her defence tile, ensuring she's no problem later on. Rein drags her back and Lyn only takes an attack from the troubadour. This turn has Veronica damage the green mage, Rein 1-round the red mage and Lyn moves onto the defence tile, finishes the green mage and Gronnwen moves Rein back. This EP sees Lyn proceed to tank the troubadour, axe cav, archer and thief with 1 HP left. From here I have to try an alternate way, where Lyn damages the axe cav, Rein 1-rounds the other dragon and I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit scrambled on what Gronnwen and Veronica do here to save me (Moreso Veronica, I'm pretty sure Gronnwen finishes the thief) but only the archer, mage and troubadour are left. Rein takes out the mage and I pull back. Lyn tanks the archer and I clean up at this point. Tiki never even got a chance to destroy me.

Abyssal will need a strat, that inflation was insane as is.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I would be in ecstasy if ranged unit can equip after combat movement B slots. I can already hear the groans of increasing terror discomfort from players from an alternative universe where defense team AOTB!Veronicas Lunge at players' Enemy Phase units and then be utterly destroyed by the rest of the defense team.

Well, arena wasn't the idea *groan*. More to get my units in position for one turn clears. 

Meanwhile I'm getting pessimistic, it doesn't look like I would ever clear this map in one turn. I can't kill Tiki on turn one. Even if Titania lunges her of the defense tile my blade tome users, Cherche, Deirdre or Alm aren't able to kill her. 

9 hours ago, Usana said:

Don't know if you have any brave bow archers that you use, but as far as I can tell any archer with either a brave bow or brave bow+ that hits at least 50ATK on initiation(when honed and drived so 43 before buffs or if you use ATK+3 in both Seal and A you can use archers with as low as 33 base attack with out needed a brave bow+. 30 if you have a + brave bow. Or basically every archer but Niles can potentially pull this off attack wise and maybe even he can with ally/summoner support) and has luna can pull this off. Jamke for example can hit that with a regular brave bow(no + needed) and attack +3 in his A slot. Give him the savage blow seal or even as a c skill if you have the fodder for that but not attack +3 and need the seal slot for that. He does need to be 5* though or summoner supported. Mine is 5* so I didn't bother trying the Summoner supported 4* trick. Also he needs a total of 5 extra speed to quad that hammer cav since they both sit at 27. At least Hone spd 2 on a dancer + at least the first level of the drive speed on another dancer manages that. Or basically you need him to be attack honed at all times and speed honed for that one specific moment. Figure out seal/C slot/A slot composition that works for you. Following his you would put hone speed on the low level Olivia and Drive speed instead of spd+3 and put spd+3 in the A. You could also give Jamke spd+3 seal if he has savage in his C. That said Olivia does need enough speed to avoid getting doubled by the breath user. But if you have drive speed somewhere other than her that should be enough. The positioning and kill order when I did it with Jamke gets a bit off at the end(actually in the exact same why my Cordelia threw it off, so it is probably due to my choice of dancers since I use Olivia/Flying Olivia/Lene instead of triple regular Olivia).

Basically this tl;dr is for anyone who just wants those dratted orbs but doesn't want to invest too much. Jamke can hit the needed numbers without needing any expensive inheritance, Repo was actually the hardest for me to source. So you only need to spend 20k to up him or the time to Summoner support him at 4*(I think). It does require you to have upgraded certain seals though. However, the drive seals are pretty top notch, so I figure most folks have focused on them. Savage blow is a bit iffier and is a bit rarer to inherit too(though at least available on a 4*). Hone Spd may not be everyone's pick but base hone + Drive is enough. Or level 2+base drive. So I think Reposition and Savage Blow would be the bottle necks here, though everyone has differing amounts of available fodder. I don't think all three dancers need to be red, but I didn't do a lot of experimenting there. Base Olivia is pretty easy to find laying around.

I only have Klein in that category. And he isn't +Atk, so... But maybe I could fodder the one I have to someone else. I do have Bride Cordelia, Jamke (not upgraded to 5 star though), CYL Lyn, Jeorge (though I like his default weapon), and a couple others too, I think.

I cleared Abyssal using a +5 +Atk -Res S-supported DC Sigurd running Aether+Heavy Blade, Reinhardt, L!Ike and PA!Azura.
A competent mixed EP tank certainly makes this map more manageable so I'm glad that I gave Sigurd DC. Reinhardt was used to kill things that Sigurd couldn't or that he wasn't in range of. L!Ike was quite helpful at the beginning to take care of the Infantry Sword and the Green Mage Cav. PA!Azura survived 2 rounds of combat with L!Tiki to the point where Reinhardt could kill her but she needed Atk&Res Tactic, TA and the def tile.