Legendary Hero Battle of God, White Sage - Tiki

SatsumaFSoysoy

I must have a shitty horse team then, because mine doesn't work at all except on lunatic. >_>

I've been running Frederick, Sigurd, Reinhardt, and Silas/Legend Ephraim. I've even swapped in a dancer in place of that last one.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I must have a shitty horse team then, because mine doesn't work at all except on lunatic. >_>

I've been running Frederick, Sigurd, Reinhardt, and Silas/Legend Ephraim. I've even swapped in a dancer in place of that last one.

Ditch Sigurd if he doesn't have DC. A magic spunge is annoying to face in arena defense and he has his uses with Chill Spd+DC. But if you're only using his vanilla kit in PvE with reinforcements then you're going to have trouble.

Your Freddy is built as EP, right? I recall you giving him brave axe at some point so maybe switch to that. If you can, give him attack smoke is his C slot, but if you can't then you can use a horse buff. You can use a breaker skill or a positional b skill on him. You don't have DB, but you can always use atk+3 as a budget.

Ephraim works best with Galeforce+HB, but this map is rather tight. Unless you were using Ephraim/Silas as a EP unit this map?

Does your Mist have pain+?

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Ditch Sigurd if he doesn't have DC. A magic spunge is annoying to face in arena defense and he has his uses with Chill Spd+DC. But if you're only using his vanilla kit in PvE with reinforcements then you're going to have trouble.

Your Freddy is built as EP, right? I recall you giving him brave axe at some point so maybe switch to that. If you can, give him attack smoke is his C or seal slot. You can use a breaker skill or a positional b skill on him. You don't have DB, but you can always use atk+3 as a budget.

Ephraim works best with Galeforce+HB, but this map is rather tight. Unless you were using Ephraim/Silas as a EP unit this map?

Does your Mist have pain+?

Sigurd is the best magic tank I have among my horses tho.

Freddy and Silas are both built for EP due to having high Def and Freddy is also +Def, so he wouldn't run a brave axe as well.

I definitely have no Galeforce fodder.

No, she doesn't.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sigurd is the best magic tank I have among my horses tho.

Freddy and Silas are both built for EP due to having high Def and Freddy is also +Def, so he wouldn't run a brave axe as well.

I definitely have no Galeforce fodder.

No, she doesn't.

Brash Des-

Nevermind, he needs his b slot. Can't help you there if your best res tank can't counter mages

This looks fine to me. Despacito 2 will also do okay due to BA3 having the same HP threshold requirement

Have you considered using Vike. I always use my free one for PvE content

I'd recommend investing in a healer pain+ and double savage pain. Trivializes so much PvE content. It's up to you which healer you ant to run this on

EDIT: use Luna ore Bonfire on Freddy

Edited by silveraura25

I've only gotten through infernal so far, but honestly this map doesn't seem as bad some of the others (MARTH). I'm concerned about how I'll deal with Tiki herself on Abyssal, but at least the reinforcements mostly spawn away from the start point and the trenches can help block the enemy cavaliers.

43 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Brash Des-

Nevermind, he needs his b slot. Can't help you there if your best res tank can't counter mages

This looks fine to me. Despacito 2 will also do okay due to BA3 having the same HP threshold requirement

Have you considered using Vike. I always use my free one for PvE content

I'd recommend investing in a healer pain+ and double savage pain. Trivializes so much PvE content. It's up to you which healer you ant to run this on

EDIT: use Luna ore Bonfire on Freddy

...What the hell is "Despacito?"

RD Ike isn't a horse unit, but I could try a non-horse team.

I already use Ignis with Slaying Axe on Freddy.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What the hell is "Despacito?"

RD Ike isn't a horse unit, but I could try a non-horse team.

I already use Ignis with Slaying Axe on Freddy.

Oh, you don't know? It's kind of a joke about the popular song "despacito" which spawned a bunch of memes, the Alexa ones being rather popular. Everyone's throwing it into anything they can find. Basically, desperation => despacito

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh, you don't know? It's kind of a joke about the popular song "despacito" which spawned a bunch of memes, the Alexa ones being rather popular. Everyone's throwing it into anything they can find. Basically, desperation => despacito

...No, never heard of that song or joke at all.

Anyway, RD Ike doesn't last 5 seconds in infernal.  Nothing seems to. These maps are ridiculous and need to permanently die. They're basically pay to win, as I'd said.

Lewyn, Legault, Lene and ofc the Reinhardt cleared up to infernal after some trial and error.

She gets a hardy bearing seal on abbysal wth man... Guess I'll wait on a the phoenixmaster solution for that.

Edited by Falter

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...No, never heard of that song or joke at all.

Anyway, RD Ike doesn't last 5 seconds in infernal.  Nothing seems to. These maps are ridiculous and need to permanently die. They're basically pay to win, as I'd said.

No "Alexa, this is so sad"? Really?!

Just did Infernal.

Needed to do some team changes. I was getting consistently to the end with only Tiki left, but neither Reinhardt nor B!Lyn could kill her with their specials charged. Had to swap in a Dancer for Flying Olivia for Chill Spd and Atk+3 Seal on Lyn, that way she would quad Tiki with Desperation and kill with her special. My other Dancer had to be Lene, because at some point I had to let her on the range of Cav Archer to tank a hit so it wouldn't get too crowded above my cavs.

In the end, it worked out. 
Won't even touch Abyssal.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Mine isn't neutral, and I have no DB fodder.

That said, I did beat her with Frederick's Ignis. But I doubt this will work on infernal or abyssal.

I'm wondering if Frederick's default Hammer+ works.

Tiki is armored, but you only need 114 Atk to kill her in one hit on Infernal (once she leaves the fortification tile). Your Frederick should have 53 Atk with Hammer+, which becomes 105 effective Atk with Hone Cavalry up, and pretty much any damaging Special skill can cover for the remaining 9 damage (so can things like Pain+ and 2 hits from Savage Blow on another unit).

Running the Attack +3 Sacred Seal instead of Defense +3 bumps that up to 111 effective Atk.

36 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

No.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm wondering if Frederick's default Hammer+ works.

Tiki is armored, but you only need 114 Atk to kill her in one hit on Infernal (once she leaves the fortification tile). Your Frederick should have 53 Atk with Hammer+, which becomes 105 effective Atk with Hone Cavalry up, and pretty much any damaging Special skill can cover for the remaining 9 damage (so can things like Pain+ and 2 hits from Savage Blow on another unit).

Running the Attack +3 Sacred Seal instead of Defense +3 bumps that up to 111 effective Atk.

It could, not a bad idea. But that still leaves the problem of everything else in this monstrosity.

You'd need a particular setup for this, I think you need exactly the same dancers or at least Hoshidan Festival Micaiah since there she's the only red mage dancer and PA Azura's also the only axe dancer, but you can cheese abyssal with Jaffar with unique refined Deathly Dagger, Draw Back, Moonbow?, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3, and a Savage Blow 3 seal and three Wings of Mercy dancers. Jaffar's unique refined Deathly Dagger is very useful at lowering the enemy's health when they're all clumped together and he can do enough damage against them to take them out, the Jaffar in this video is +Atk, -Def, so there's that. Maybe a Dazzling Staff refined Pain+ healer could do it, but I'm not sure.

So, I take that back on Jaffar being a bad pick for poncho Tiki's banner. He's probably there as the stealth counter unit. :p

Yep, even if I kill Tiki, I'm way too fucking swarmed by reinforcements after. How does anyone win this without cheating? You're trapped in a tiny ass area, Tiki is on a god damn defense tile, and many of the reinforcements are horse mages.

I'm so tired of struggling in this game and IS creating these stupid hard maps that are not fun. I should just do myself a favor and delete the game from my phone. I already said it's become pay to win which I think is greedy anyway.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already said it's become pay to win which I think is greedy anyway.

For as long as Youtubers are making free-to-play clears of this content, it is by definition not pay-to-win.

Yes, you might have to bite the bullet and use characters that you don't like, but not doing so is a handicap that you choose to play with and not one that is inherent with the game.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, even if I kill Tiki, I'm way too fucking swarmed by reinforcements after. How does anyone win this without cheating? You're trapped in a tiny ass area, Tiki is on a god damn defense tile, and many of the reinforcements are horse mages.

I'm so tired of struggling in this game and IS creating these stupid hard maps that are not fun. I should just do myself a favor and delete the game from my phone. I already said it's become pay to win which I think is greedy anyway.

It sounds like your usual units are just poorly suited for this map. Frederick isn't in his element on a map with the one armor being a stat-bloated dragon hitting his res and all these swords and mages swarming you so quick. I was lucky to have Camilla built up, since as a mixed tank green she could even take Tiki on with her Bonfire charged on Abyssal. Having Veronica from my free CYL2 pick made things much easier too.

These maps don't seem pay to win, but the Abyssals can definitely be hard depending on what units you've invested in over others. At least somebody will probably have a pretty low-cost guide for it soon just like the others had.

sukwindallinrush used 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 1 seal, 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with a Distant Def 3 seal, 5* CYL Veronica (neutral) with a Spur Spd 2 seal, and 4* Olivia (neutral) to beat abyssal. If your Veronica is +Atk, -Def or +Atk, -Res, then you could probably just slap a Fortress Def 1 or Res 1 from somebody. Same probably goes for other boons and banes since she doesn't come with a default A passive. I have no idea if she'd work as is by not being neutral, but I'm going to guess no.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For as long as Youtubers are making free-to-play clears of this content, it is by definition not pay-to-win.

Yes, you might have to bite the bullet and use characters that you don't like, but not doing so is a handicap that you choose to play with and not one that is inherent with the game.

Except pretty much all the FTP clears these days use Veronica who not everyone has, including me. By that definition, it's pay to win for those that lack her. I picked Ephraim as my CYL2 freebie before I or probably anyone knew Veronica would be the best FTP option.

And even the toughest maps should be doable for many different units and teams, not just one or two. Isn't this game supposed to be about building up and killing things with your favorite units?

30 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

It sounds like your usual units are just poorly suited for this map. Frederick isn't in his element on a map with the one armor being a stat-bloated dragon hitting his res and all these swords and mages swarming you so quick. I was lucky to have Camilla built up, since as a mixed tank green she could even take Tiki on with her Bonfire charged on Abyssal. Having Veronica from my free CYL2 pick made things much easier too.

These maps don't seem pay to win, but the Abyssals can definitely be hard depending on what units you've invested in over others. At least somebody will probably have a pretty low-cost guide for it soon just like the others had.

Perhaps, but it seems like this is the case for every LHB and GHB and whatnot.

Yeah, true, but I've been investing in these units for a long time, way before LHBs were a thing. I couldn't possibly know if I'd invested in the wrong ones.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except pretty much all the FTP clears these days use Veronica who not everyone has, including me.

"Pretty much all" means there are some that don't. So find and use those. (Just note that there will be fewer solutions out there on the first day.)

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And even the toughest maps should be doable for many different units and teams, not just one or two. Isn't this game supposed to be about building up and killing things with your favorite units?

Some units are less suited for certain jobs than others, and some units require more investment to perform the same roles as others. These maps are doable with many team compositions, but there will always be constraints.

This map is very heavy on ranged units, meaning units that cannot counterattack at range are naturally going to be at a disadvantage for an enemy-phase strategy.

Using only free-to-play teams is also a very strict limitation, meaning there will naturally be much fewer solutions than the entire gamut of solutions when under that restriction.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Pretty much all" means there are some that don't. So find and use those.

Except these are very hard to find and when I did find them, they didn't work. Not my fault. IS needs to make things less restricted in this sense.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Some units are less suited for certain jobs than others, and some units require more investment to perform the same roles as others. These maps are doable with many team compositions, but there will always be constraints.

This map is very heavy on ranged units, meaning units that cannot counterattack at range are naturally going to be at a disadvantage for an enemy-phase strategy.

Using only free-to-play teams is also a very strict limitation, meaning there will naturally be much fewer solutions than the entire gamut of solutions when under that restriction.

Obviously, obviously, and obviously. But my own ranged units don't work. Your Pain idea didn't work either.

Finished the Abyssal map though it took MANY tries.

Went with Brave Lyn + 3 dancers.

+10 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn (Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Blazing Wind, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, double Savage Blow 3, S-rank Summoner support)
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia (Ruby Sword+, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 3 seal)
+2 +Def/-Spd Azura (Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 2, Drive Spd 2)
+3 +Atk/-Def PA Azura (Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Drive Atk 2)

Based off of this player's strat though I had to improvise:

Edited by Roflolxp54

Finally finished infernal. Usually I beat the infernal maps within a hour or so upon release, but today I decided to just chill and play randomized Binding Blade. I wouldn't say this map was the most difficult for me. Rather, changing my play style was the way to go for it. I kept keeping myself in a box in the bottom left. But then I was like "I'm gonna go on the offensive". The defense tile Tiki stood on gave Like a nice boost for defending ensuring that he could take on multiple foes with Raether.

Also, razzle dazzle pain was a mistake. Truly the best PvE weapon

Are we sure this isn't hell incarnate?

Cleared Normal and Hard with low HM units. After Lunatic.

Fucking Lunatic took ages to figure out with M!Robin, M!Morgan (Who replaced Ayra who just didn't work), Julia and Nephenee. Robin was a surprise hero netting kills left and right with all the reds and colourless, Nephenee was solid for the 1-range units, Morgan chipped in and Julia needed Dragon Fang ready to take out Tiki. Naga cannot save us, her child is too strong.

Naturally enough, Infernal will likely hurt and FUCK Abyssal, I'll just get a guide.