Legendary Hero Battle of God, White Sage - Tiki

SatsumaFSoysoy

@mcsilas @kirauza343 I actually freaking beat this map! Not with the full Takusquad, but I managed to use Sunkumi with his Firesweep bow and a squad of awesome cheerleagers to clear this hellish map.

The costs for this were many. Sigurd being my biggest regret this time, as I again didn't need to actually use it. Not that Lene with Close Defense is bad or anything, but it's sad to lose a fully built Sigurd. Anyway, this was my biggest challenge yet and I am glad to have pulled through.

The quality of the video is a bit iffy, as there was a tiny lag while recording. Also the song I wanted to use wasn't long enough (mostly because the video is freakishly long), so I turned on the audio (sadly you can't turn it off inbetween) to fill in the otherwise silent beginning and ending. The music I used is called Rising Up from Tales of Zestiria. It plays while fighting a huge dragon, so I thought it would fit well. Hope you enjoyed the video despite the shaky quality.

@mampfoid Amazing clear as always! Hector really left no prisoners and that Horse cav ran straight into a wall when facing Micaiah. It's impressive how easy you made it all look. Congrat!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3.10.2018 at 7:13 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

Also you had a no armor policy? But I’ve definitely seen Brave axe Hector before.

Perhaps not mine? My OG Hector doesn't have Brave Axe learned and L!Hector is new.

There was no real policy, it's just that armor is my least favorite movement type and that I dislike being urged to build armors for Arena. I will use Hector in future clears though. I like him and Ostias pulse may become handy. 

On 3.10.2018 at 7:13 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

Yay. Finally getting around to uploading some of my own stuff again. Forgive the lack of thumbnail this time I didn’t feel like doing it.

Welcome back to the game, congrats on your clear. :-) 

Defiant ATK on Veronica is a great idea to use that niche skill, I didn't see where it was needed though (against the dagger?). 

Grinding Support is no big fun, I also hate when that is necessary for a clear. 

Astra bomb finishes boss Tiki (and the final opponent), but Florina earned her credits by tanking and chipping her before. Also 4*x0 damage from the Lancebreaker Brave Lance Cav was funny to see, good idea to park her on Tikis throne. 

16 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

A mini speed run!  Full reinforcements-clear in 1 minute 7 seconds.  A couple miss-clicks here and there, but not bad all things considered.  I only realized Nanna didn't have the Def Tactics seal like she should until I was reviewing the units at the end of recording.  Tiki's Def is so high she doesn't really need it I guess lol. 

Ha, I like fast clears, congrats!

~1 minute with all reinforcements is really fast. Didn't know you had Reinhardt and Tiki merged this high. Curious how many taps you did to speed up animations.  

14 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

@mampfoid Impressive clear. I thought the scattered enemy formation would have posed a problem but it worked out in the end. 

Thanks! The biggest problem was to one-round Tiki. If you calculate the Defensive tile and Spur DEF, she got effective 67 DEF + 88 HP.  

10 hours ago, Nanima said:

The costs for this were many. Sigurd being my biggest regret this time, as I again didn't need to actually use it. Not that Lene with Close Defense is bad or anything, but it's sad to lose a fully built Sigurd. Anyway, this was my biggest challenge yet and I am glad to have pulled through.

Oh wow, do you have another copy of Sigurd left? Big sacrifice anyway. 

Congrats on your clear, FS Tak-tak is really busted. Close call with him tanking the green mage.

Too bad the Trillemma healer didn't attack Airzura, he undid a lot of that hard dealt chipping damage.

Great positioning in the end, I wasn't sure how you could evade the hammer cav. 

10 hours ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Amazing clear as always! Hector really left no prisoners and that Horse cav ran straight into a wall when facing Micaiah. It's impressive how easy you made it all look. Congrat!

Thanks! Was anything but easy though. ;-) 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Oh wow, do you have another copy of Sigurd left? Big sacrifice anyway. 

Congrats on your clear, FS Tak-tak is really busted. Close call with him tanking the green mage.

Too bad the Trillemma healer didn't attack Airzura, he undid a lot of that hard dealt chipping damage.

Great positioning in the end, I wasn't sure how you could evade the hammer cav. 

Nope, that was my one and only Sigurd. I still have some other horse cavs left, but yeah it was a big sacrifice. On the other hand, I've never shied away from sacrificing exclusive unless they are favourites. When trying to give Sakura ATK/SPD Bond, I even sacrificed my only LA!Lyn rather than my Kinshi!Hinoka because I like the latter far more. 

Yeah he really is. And he is doing all of this while being -Spd, which thankfully wasn't too big a deal for this map. Still, I hope I can get him with better IVs at some point in the future.

That healer will always prioritize healing Tiki, unless, as Tak-Tak found at one point, he can get a kill shot on you. Luckily, Tiki is for the most part just something to maneuver around until everyone else is dead.

Indeed, that was quite the pain to figure out. The dragon didn't help matters, and he is fact responsible for Sigurd's sacrifice, because I thought at first to block him off with Lene, but that didn't end up working out.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Nice clear. again I'm jealous of your Firesweep Skykumi haha

Also jealous you have Skylivia! Nice use of Savage Blow to chip down the opponents and no counterattacks feels really good

Thanks. He should be on an LG banner in the near future. And Faye can always show up thankfully.

Yeah, getting her on my free summon on the Hoshidan Festival banner really was a boon. Not having to deal wit counterattacks was a huge relief indeed.

Edited by Nanima

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Indeed, that was quite the pain to figure out. The dragon didn't help matters, and he is fact responsible for Sigurd's sacrifice, because I thought at first to block him off with Lene, but that didn't end up working out.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Didn't you want to sacrifice a Joshua? I used my spare copy for Tana once. 

I also sacrificed some rare units so far. In my opinion no bad thing if that strengthens your favorites. 

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps not mine? My OG Hector doesn't have Brave Axe learned and L!Hector is new.

There was no real policy, it's just that armor is my least favorite movement type and that I dislike being urged to build armors for Arena. I will use Hector in future clears though. I like him and Ostias pulse may become handy. 

You are... absolutely right. I was thinking of LordFrigid’s Hector. Although he didn’t have Brave Axe either he was just spd stacked. I guess I mixed up the two you. Oops.

Ah I see. I’ve never been particularly fond of armors in Heroes (or in the main series for that matter) either for those exact same reasons so that’s understandable.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Welcome back to the game, congrats on your clear. :-) 

Defiant ATK on Veronica is a great idea to use that niche skill, I didn't see where it was needed though (against the dagger?). 

Grinding Support is no big fun, I also hate when that is necessary for a clear. 

Astra bomb finishes boss Tiki (and the final opponent), but Florina earned her credits by tanking and chipping her before. Also 4*x0 damage from the Lancebreaker Brave Lance Cav was funny to see, good idea to park her on Tikis throne. 

Thanks! It’s nice to be back.

Well then you saw exactly where Veronica needed that Defiant Atk. It was only necessary to deal with Dagger. I believe all I really needed was Atk +1 but I didn’t even have the fodder for that so Defiant Atk it was.

Oh yeah, Odin is great and all but MVP was easily Florina and Veronica too. I did build her to be able to tank all sorts of damage in mind but even then I wasn’t expecting her to actually take as much punishment as she did. Initially I had her tank the archers too with the help of Iote shield but that Lance Breaker Brave Cav is what put an end to that plan.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Didn't you want to sacrifice a Joshua? I used my spare copy for Tana once. 

I also sacrificed some rare units so far. In my opinion no bad thing if that strengthens your favorites. 

I already sacrificed all my Joshuas. Including the one we got a couple months ago. CD is in high demand.

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

I already sacrificed all my Joshuas. Including the one we got a couple months ago. CD is in high demand.

Oh, now I'm curious. Do you have so many tanks build up? 

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

. I guess I mixed up the two you. Oops.

No problem, I wouldn't mind to have some of Lord's crazy units in my barracks. 

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I believe all I really needed was Atk +1 but I didn’t even have the fodder for that so Defiant Atk it was.

Now I also want to make a defiant skill work in my clears. ^^'

Edited by mampfoid

43 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, know I'm curious. Do you have so many tanks build up?

You know, after you asked, I actually checked who I gave CD to. Ninian was one, since combined with her hp boon she was my sturdy healer before Lene was a thing. Turns out I sacked the second one for Windsweep on Nyakumi. Strange how I didn't remember earlier, considering how mad I was when I summoned two Alms only a week later.  

As for the third one... uh well

tumblr_pg3fw56Vhb1ta965c_540.png

Turns out he's still sitting in my barracks... Somehow my eyes glazed over him when going for Sigurd and I thought I had already foddered him down the line. Oh well... Do you think Myrrh would appreciate Close Def?

Yeah so... I didn't make it this time. Not entirely, just... not the Abyssal map. Hit my head against it quite a few times with various teams, but I'm sure I could have beaten it, I just didn't have enough time. I was so busy I just didn't have the time to cram at it or even the infernal clears. In the end I did all my recording the last 40 minutes of the map and it came down to rushing to sloppily follow the abyssal guide of PM1's or do the Morgan clear. I chose the latter. Sadly I'll be going a few months without that golden accessory, at the worst I won't get another shot until next year...

But I really think this is a lesson to me: that life comes first. I've been doing this so long it's started to feel like as much of an obligation as a joy and I might need to take a step back and relax. I wanted to do a themed clear for Tiki as well as a new themed clear for L!Hector (I did clear abyssal there luckily, had to have that golden mask.) but I just couldn't make it happen. Right now it hurts... but as I slowly spend less time on this game I think it'll be less of a disappointment to myself if I miss recordings. Least of all for the hardest maps in the game that only last for a week.

For the time being I did record 2 runs on infernal and I have one recording in my backlog to upload, so look forward to those soon. Cheers.

@Zeo As much as I enjoy your clears, I do hope you don't stress yourself. Do what's fun, it's still a game. ;-)

I think Tiki returns in January, because Ephraim, Lucina and Fjorm get a rerun first. Check this:

/Edit: @Nanima How is CD3 Ninian working for you? TA3 usually works well enough for my dancers. 

I somehow regret to not have kept a Joshua for windsweep. Just to play around with that skill. 

My Myrrh got Steady Stance, many others prefer DC. Close Defense sounds good too on her. 

Try using the skill search function in the SI section. It's great for a last check before doing expensive stuff. 

Edited by mampfoid

I FINALLY cleared Infernal Tiki with 30 minutes left :)

Swapping out Camus for Cecilia ended up being the dealbreaker - it took me a few tries to remember how TA+Raven (or in this case Trilemma+Raven) works, seeing as how I never used the combo before.

Also Gunnthra gets respect points for ORKOing Tiki on turn one and saving me a lot of headache later on.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

How is CD3 Ninian working for you? TA3 usually works well enough for my dancers. 

I somehow regret to not have kept a Joshua for windsweep. Just to play around with that skill. 

My Myrrh got Steady Stance, many others prefer DC. Close Defense sounds good too on her. 

Try using the skill search function in the SI section. It's great for a last check before doing expensive stuff. 

Combined with a DD seal she can take more than two hits at least, which has helped out more than once when the rest of the team was made of paper mache.

It can have uses, but sadly the "no doubles" does hold you back. At least it's useful when up against DC armours, although when you do only 1 damage at a time, that is limited.

I sadly don't have any fodder for these skills currently, or I would give it to her. I am hoping I'll pull a Silas soon, but considering how I only got my first Abel a week ago that might take a while.

Yeah, thanks I'll keep that in mind.

@LordFrigid @mampfoid Bah.. I didn't think of giving Nino TA3 (not that I want to part with my only spare Roy...). That would have been perfect... Frigid's clear was immaculate, but this time it makes me angry rather than jealous. As while I'm sure I couldn't have replicated the one turn clear, I could have made short work of Tiki with my Nino and had a much easier time with Abyssal.

For Mampfoid, I didn't know how you were going to pull it off but you did. It cost you but you did it. I'm sorry you had to fodder off such a nice unit (I still have one more copy left.) and to a unit like L!Hector who doesn't even need it. But at the very least, you can run a mixed phase build with the QR seal if you ever feel like being evil optimal. Sorry you had to cave an use armors though. For what it's worth, I don't think they're that great for PvE anyway. Congrats as always. It's hard not to respect your dedication.

@Hilda Perfect music and fantastic clear. Veronica really is a dealbreaker for maps like this. The real MVP was Alfonse though. Holding that chokepoint so close to Tiki and surviving so many doubles at a time. Anna tanking Tiki was just icing on the cake but even with such a perfect gameplan there was still a clutch moment of her surviving a hit with 1HP. Never gets old.

@mcsilas Mobility was the name of the game here. You've become a natural at utilizing L!Lucina's Future Vision and it was used so flawlessly in conjunction with Gravity. You had the enemy go only where you wanted them to go and attack only who you wanted them to. The fight was entirely on your terms to the point I was giddy when I saw the healer throw Trilemma+ at you only for it to work in your favor. Every unit put in an equal amount of work to the point that I can't really say there was an MVP. It was just fantastically done. It's also yet more assurance that L!Tiki is so ridiculous you simply need splash damage and/or TA3 to deal with her. Great music choice as well.

Also to make a note I saw one of the enemy cavs use a positioning skill which was weird. I don't think I've ever seen an enemy unit in these LHB maps have a positioning skill ever. I wonder what the deal was with that. 

@Alexmender Now this is a clear right here.... not Infernal, but Abyssal. Being able to tank quite possibly the strongest blue unit in the entire game, juiced by unreachable stats... and at WTD. That Eirika... what can I even say... Tiki was doing more damage to my greens than I saw Eirika taking here. She just... doesn't care about the WT, she doesn't care who she's fighting... it's so ridiculous... 5 Stars man... you'd get 6 if that was a thing.

@NegativeExponents- This was a well earned victory. I can tell this is one of those clears that took a lot of work to do. The stars had to align perfectly to pull it off, but simply put, this looked really tough. I was impressed by how you made such short work of Tiki herself (that Florina is no joke) but with no dancer and such a busy healer you found yourself boxed in but somehow survived while avoiding the healer's Trilemma+ spelling doom for your Florina. Hope you gave yourself a pat afterwards, you earned it. Always nice to see Odin as well. Also you need to stop messing around and start giving Florina merges. She would have trivialized this map at +10.s

@Cute Chao @Usana @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nanima @Ginko @DefyingFates @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @silveraura25

As for me. I didn't make it for Abyssal as I said before. Neither did I get the chance to do special clears for L!Tiki or L!Hector which sucks cause I had ideas in my head. But they'll be back and if F!Grima's return in September was anything to go by, Tiki's map might come back in October. Either way I'll be waiting for a while for that accessory, but I did manage to swing the Matthew and Morgan clears, so here we are.

For Matt's team it was tough to figure out. Positioning was strick, it was hard for Inigo to avoid getting clipped by red mages and unlike for most people, Tiki was a serious issue for me. She ORKO'ed everyone on my team on either phase regardless of support so it was a headscratcher. After trying out a bunch of different builds on Matt it turned out his tried and true Aether + Flashing Blade combo worked fine, just needed a bit more positioning finess. I also had to Inherit Drive SPD 2 onto Ayra in order for Matthew to get a crucial kill here and there. Inigo wasn't able to be by his side because of all the red mages but he still needed the speed boost. All in all, it was tough, but more than anything stressful due to the lack of time. Still, it's done. Hoo-rah.

For the Morgan clear it was trickier as you well know. But they're a bit more of a surgical unit than Matthew's team. Everyone plays a very crucial role rather than a definitive leader with support units (not that Matt's team is strictly that either) and that's tried and true here. Crucial teleports abound and Morgan actually had to take the most punishment of anyone this time around. Pain + Savage Priscilla proves her worth along with being punching bag #2, Live to Serve was crucial here. Thankfully this team was able to make short work of Tiki which made things simpler. 

The run itself is a little sloppy but there's a good reason for that. I literally started the map at exactly 3:00 AM my time, which meant I didn't get another attempt. If I botched it, that would have been the end of for maybe the rest of the year. Needless to say it was nervewracking, but I pulled it off. And so here you go.

Embarassingly, I'll be back in this topic in a few months tackling Abyssal again. But at least the pressure of the main clears is off. For now, I can relax.

Cheers~

Yet another abyssal map that i can't clear (i need my Julia to be +speed, or else i can't even touch tiki). The infernal took some time, but wasn't that hard at the end.

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

For Mampfoid, I didn't know how you were going to pull it off but you did. It cost you but you did it. I'm sorry you had to fodder off such a nice unit (I still have one more copy left.) and to a unit like L!Hector who doesn't even need it. But at the very least, you can run a mixed phase build with the QR seal if you ever feel like being evil optimal. Sorry you had to cave an use armors though. For what it's worth, I don't think they're that great for PvE anyway. Congrats as always. It's hard not to respect your dedication.

No big deal about using armors, Hector is a cool guy. Won't use him much outside of clears though, so Vengeful Fighter isn't that useful for me. 

Will continue to sacrifice mostly unused units, the result is satisfying enough and no unit likes to be benched forever anyway. 

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

Tiki's map might come back in October.

Nope, looks like January sorry. 

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

All in all, it was tough, but more than anything stressful due to the lack of time. Still, it's done. Hoo-rah.

The beginning looked like a Matthew solo until Ayra took care of the sword flyer. Fantastic map for him, he just needed some help with the dragons. Really fun to watch, congrats! 

Hard to believe these guys can't beat Infernal, but Matthew really depends on doubling nearly all units here. Told you SPD boon is superior. Missing some fast kills could lead to getting overwhelmed. Perhaps SPD smoke on Genny could help? 

/Edit: Whops forgot Morgans clear. I'll do another edit. 

/Edit 2: @Zeo  Wow, Morgan holding the defensive tile was my favorite part. Amelia took out Tiki faster than expected. 

Also another showcase of how useful beaming skills can be for reinforcements maps. Congrats! 

You can't tell the clear was made in the middle of the night with time pressure. I can imagine that's not the most enjoyable way to make these. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mcsilas Your ability to crowd control is like lv.99 !! lol . Flora clean those mages with Lucina handle with red units. Elise ship Tiki for Azura to finish, nicely done!!

@Zeo A little bit strange that Matthew use Aether but still need healing from Genny. But Matthew dealing with most of them here is amazing anyways.

@mampfoid That's a really big investment to beat this map in one turn with low merge units on Abyssal. But it's a success so it's worth. Congratz!!

I'm sad that I can't clear this map with my main team yet but if this map come back next time, I will try it again.

But at least my Radiant team never fail so here we go, I summon the special guest again @Rezzy

Enjoy the show ^^

@Zeo I totally get where you're coming from. When RL starts taking more time it feels more stressful to try and get the clears done, and it becomes even worse when the maps last for like a week at best. At times it's better to take a step back and just enjoy the game in a more casual way and when the stars align then we can go ham to do extravagant clears. 

Thanks! To be honest I found myself baffled too when I saw Tiki deal so little damage to Eirika despite what her stats looked like. Her good base Res is the only thing she has over L!Marth now, but maps like these show that Res is a pretty important stat despite what many say. TAKE THAT TIER LISTS, WHO'S TIER 5/B- NOW?!

Matthew is as impressive as ever. He almost solo'd this map, but Ayra and Gennya also put in lots of work. It was very interesting to see how you managed to leave Tiki alone for the end, that's something I'd never managed to do.

The Morgan clear was also very awesome! Priscilla still shows how bonkers Pain+ with double Savage Blow is, she brought everyone to manageable levels of Hp with like 2 hits which is crazy! Not to mention I'm still impressed at how powerful your Ninian is. Morgan himself took quite the beating but it was necessary to clear all those ranged units and surviving with low Hp is a huge feat by itself. Amelia didn't do a lot until the end but she was clearly necessary for finishing Tiki and the last few cavs quickly. 

All in all, great clears as usual (I love the Fate, Chrono Trigger and Kanon music, it brings back the nostalgia feels!). I think this map will come back in like 3 months but I'm sure by that time you'll be ready to tear Abyssal Tiki a new one! Looking foward to it!

4 hours ago, Ginko said:

That's a really big investment to beat this map in one turn with low merge units on Abyssal. But it's a success so it's worth. Congratz!!

Thank you! Big investment, but I'm glad I did it. Ask yourself, how many of your 200-300 units are really getting enough use? 

4 hours ago, Ginko said:

I'm sad that I can't clear this map with my main team yet but if this map come back next time, I will try it again.

On one side I'm glad I'm able to do my one turn clears on maximum difficulty (for now), but in the same moment I'm sad I can't do the same with the themed clears which are even more fun from time to time. 

4 hours ago, Ginko said:

But at least my Radiant team never fail so here we go, I summon the special guest again @Rezzy

That Sothe! Really cool use of him. Surprised by the Brash Assault/ Desperation trick on Micaiah, but really effective. (Even if that wouldn't work on Abyssal though). 

Never would have thought to merge any Ike ... he is too good fodder in all his incarnations. 

Congrats, looks really sovereign! 

@Ginko It's all trial and error for my clear haha....multiple, MULTIPLE tries to get it right haha

Nice use of Sothe there! Micaiah's Sacrifice and Brash Assault combo is pretty neat, you sure showed that pesky Tiki!

Also i like the song, nice and chill.

@Zeo Sorry you don't seem to have a lot of time lately, but hey RL is a priority. Don't stress too much about the Abyssal clears, pretty sure they'd return.

Always nice to see the Matthew FB Aether magic. Who knew that combo would be a thing last year? I never realised Escutcheon activates during Close Counter combat but there you go. Genny stepping up to get Tiki to move from the tile was also neat, you can't go wrong with some Razzle Dazzle!

I never really thought about Vantage + Luna, that's a neat combo on Morgan! Really helps him duel against those mages. Prisciall did some work there with her new staff, it's such a great combo.

• 3 months later...

When all you have is a (Slaying) Hammer(+)...

@mampfoid @Landmaster

Thought I would have to wait another day for this, but I checked the math and managed it without refining the hammer. Probably burnt myself out grinding to get the feathers to promote a Bartre for that hammer, though...

I actually beat Infernal yesterday,  but I was reluctant to upload this because it seems every time I do, I beat Abyssal like right after~ But it's been a day and I don't think that's happening so here's Infernal

Pretty similar deal as Duma~ Only change was Eirika does a bit more here and Myrrh's using Hone Armor to help our Tiki out a bit~ 

35 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

When all you have is a (Slaying) Hammer(+)...

@mampfoid @Landmaster

Thought I would have to wait another day for this, but I checked the math and managed it without refining the hammer. Probably burnt myself out grinding to get the feathers to promote a Bartre for that hammer, though...

Wow, Slaying Hammer strats, I'm impressed~ Your feathers went to a great cause

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Oh wow. I did not expect to pull this one off. This map was very kind to Raigh and his wolf tome so expect to see a lot of kills by him.

Poor Tiki did't even get a single hit in.

@Nanima @Landmaster @mampfoid

Very nice, Raigh's Wolftome was very crucial here and the Vantage saved him a couple times~ He was quite the star here. Nice on old my Wrys softening Tiki up for the kill~