Total War: Rome II features female generals...

Tryhard

"Total War games are historically authentic, not historically accurate — if having female units upsets you that much you can either mod them out or just not play.”

Any game that skews history and changes facts to fit their political correctness and CULTURAL MARXIST world view should be boycotted. What used to be an excellent and somewhat historically accurate empire building strategy game has been taken over by the same leftist tech loons that are rife on Twitter and Facebook skewing history in order to fit their political agenda. 

Erasing "white men" from games and replacing them with "women of color" to suit your agenda like Total War has done is nothing more than a means to technologically commit genocide. This kind of thing should be illegal.

Despite being in FftF, I can't tell if you're being serious about this or not…

Anyway, this is like the "Women didn't fight in WW2" controversy that people are complaining about in Battlefield V, right?

Why is this on FotF? Some sort of precaution?

Personally, there's plenty of fiction where we can go wild with unrealistic stuff. For something that is meant to be authentic or emulate it... yeah, there's a time and place, and I don't think it's for those.

For something like the Roman era... well doing a quick search bring me up times Romans fought against women (in Lusitania, with the Bracari, with the Ambrones, etc), though yet to find something about female generals...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Maybe they're Amazons? Those existed in Roman times right?

Amazon was also used as a term. The Romans would call practically every women warriors they fought as Amazons. So perhaps, yes, the game has amazons, if not Amazons.

Please note that I have never played a Total War game, that being said from my understanding the Total War Series were trying to historically authentic with a minor bit of fantasy. But saying stuff like " just not play" is pouring more fuel to the fire. Just look at Battlefield 5 and got it got delayed due to the lack of interest of the game. With it may not be directly due to the comments of one of the developers saying that a front line paraplegic female solder is a "plausible scenario" is debatable.

If there's ever a need to cull the human race, I think this is it. This is the bar that needs to be cleared to ensure that your genes are allowed to pass on.

I also browse the political threads enough to know that @Edgelordis just fucking around here.

Edited by Slumber

31 minutes ago, Slumber said:

If there's ever a need to cull the human race, I think this is it. This is the bar that needs to be cleared to ensure that your genes are allowed to pass on.

I also browse the political threads enough to know that @Edgelordis just fucking around here.

It's weird because he's with the left on most things, but we've had a discussion where he adamantly defended GamerGate, so...

15 minutes ago, Johann said:

It's weird because he's with the left on most things, but we've had a discussion where he adamantly defended GamerGate, so...

I mean. There was like a 2 day period when that whole GamerGate thing was getting started and I was like, "Maybe there's something to this", but once it was made pretty clear that no, those dudes just hated women, I quickly distanced myself from it.

If he was still with them after that, I don't know what to say. But here he's reposting a Steam meme, which makes me think he's having a laugh.

Edited by Slumber

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I mean. There was like a 2 day period when that whole GamerGate thing was getting started and I was like, "Maybe there's something to this", but once it was made pretty clear that no, those dudes just hated women, I quickly distanced myself from it.

If he was still with them after that, I don't know what to say. But here he's reposting a Steam meme, which makes me think he's having a laugh.

If he's just joking, this really isn't the way to do it because it's hard to tell if he's joking. It's pretty thoughtless to joke about something like this anywhere, but especially on an inclusive site like this. It's one thing that we have silly spam threads, but it's another story with this kind of subject matter. Part of what makes it so insidious is that the actual GG/alt-right strategy involves playing these things up like it's just a joke, as way to dodge disciplinary moderation, downplay their involvement in a movement (if any), and normalize the ideas presented.

If he's serious, then he can take the boys club bullshit elsewhere. Either way, this thread is due to close.

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

It's never really that simple.

I've consistently been left-leaning my whole life, but at one point I was so hardcore about gun rights that I believed people should be able to bring them into public places (Montana's extremely hardcore about gun rights, even in liberal communities).  And even though I am still left-leaning in general, there are a lot of things some of my leftist Facebook friends say that make me want to smack my head against a wall until I forget that they were even my friends to begin with.  Which I suppose goes to show how much of "friends" they really are to me.

Just now, ChefGuevara said:

Something something this is the same game that has crocodile cultist infantry blah blah blah 

The lizard people are real

9 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's never really that simple.

I've consistently been left-leaning my whole life, but at one point I was so hardcore about gun rights that I believed people should be able to bring them into public places (Montana's extremely hardcore about gun rights, even in liberal communities).  And even though I am still left-leaning in general, there are a lot of things some of my leftist Facebook friends say that make me want to smack my head against a wall until I forget that they were even my friends to begin with.  Which I suppose goes to show how much of "friends" they really are to me.

Guns are a single issue, more or less.

Gender and race politics, on the other hand, are so intertwined with the overall social politics of each party right now that it's harder to imagine somebody going "I'm a huge liberal... but goddammit the brown people are causing the SJW media to commit white genocide."

Edited by Slumber