Most shocking roll you ever got?

Faellin

For me, my latest unexpected summon was a 5 star Effie, with a +strength, -speed IV. Which seems to good to be true for a dedicated armors team. I haven't got around to training her yet, but considering one of her skills is Wary Fighter, that low speed won't be much of an issue. And that massive strength will crush basically anything in her path.

I was pleasently surprised from this, since I was hoping to get a good lance user. It was just one of those "To good to be true" moments. Now only if she could be Zelgius...

Edited by Faellin

+Atk/-Spd Reinhardt from the first pull on VS. Zephiel banner. He's my 2nd 5* pull and my first pull after a couple months of not pulling after getting Lyn via rerolls.

Double Hector in Hero Fest 1 in the very 2nd session.

Getting another Hector as a pitybreaker on the Ylissean Summer banner.

Getting all 3 brides in about 90 orbs total from the Bridal Bloom banner.

5-orb Hector pull on the Hector+Matthew BHB banner - Hector was literally the 2nd unit I pulled from that banner.

+Spd/-Res Legend Lyn in first session on the July 2018 Legendary Heroes banner.

Getting OG Lyn from the Weapons to Refine banner in only 18 orbs.

Double Brave Lyn in 38 orbs and another Brave Lyn in 15 orbs on the Sept. 2018 Voting Gauntlet banner (total of 3 Brave Lyns in 53 orbs).

Free summon + double Legend Hector in 1st session in the Sept. 2018 Legendary Heroes banner.

Getting 5 5* units in about 90 orbs total from the Swift Sparrow banner (got flier Nino in the first session, then got 2x Katarinas and a very unexpected off-focus flier Olivia before I got a +Atk/-HP mage Eirika).

Edit: There's a few other 3 5* in circle pulls too.

New years, had 4% or something. Just wanted Newzura, Newmilla has been so useful as well.

Hinoka gave Hone Fliers at least (I just cannot get a good one).

Edited by Dayni

Aside from my full 5 Star roll on Gunnthra's Legendary banner, I'd probably say the Brides re-run banner was the most unexpected. After pulling my first Bride Lyn on 3.5% rate, I was going for Bridelia, but ended up getting spooked by another Bride Lyn, (with better IVs, too) only to pull Bridelia immediately after on the same session. She ended up being -Atk, but it was still a very pleasant surprise.

During the very first D&D session I played with my friends, our party got kicked off a boat and had to make a save with disadvantage to stay on the boat. I rolled high enough and my character was somehow the only one to not get kicked off -- oh, you don't mean THAT kind of roll?

On legendary Lucina's banner, I had to wait until the final day because I was trying to get summer Takumi instead. (Which I did on the last day.) I decided to do a full summon on the legendary banner to see if I picked up anything. Got both regular Azura and NY!Camilla, which was nice.

Two instances. First was my one and only triple 5 star pull. Summer Gaius, Summer Freddy, Ephraim. And that Ephraim was my second Ephraim, both of which were off-focus.

Second, and much more recently, I pulled three 5 stars in a row on the Swift Sparrow banner. My free pull: Myrrh. I'm like "not her again" because I got Myrrh like three or four times already. Then next session, I pull a red since there was no green (I wanted flying Nino).

Horse Eirika. I'm like "lolwut."

Next session, I get a green and I pull it.

FLYING NINO. Me: WHAT. Holy shit.

Edited by Anacybele

I've never even gotten more than one 5* in a single session, so I guess it was when I got my precious son at 5* as a freebie and with a perfect IV spread +Atk, -Res~ Other than him, I've never gotten a 5* on my first summon~

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

This pull on the Halloween banner.

I've always wanted to know if it was possible to get more than three 5*s in a single session~

When I got a second Elincia, thinking I could finally replace my +HP -Atk one. But the second turned out to have the exact same nature...

Oh, you mean a good kind of shocking? I guess the Bridal banner this year. Free summon was Bridal Tharja. Second was M Grima. Third was Bridal Sanaki. Shame I had to ruin it all by opening the fourth orb. Still, 75% 5-star rate is pretty solid. Unfortunately both brides had terrible natures so Grima is the only useful unit out of the three.

Probably pulling pitybreaker Ephraim with +ATK/-SPD. I've always pulled specifically for the unit I want and sometimes it can be surprising to get them with the amount of orbs I have, but pulling a random Ephraim while trying for Ophelia was something I would have never expected in my wildest dreams.

The #2 and #3 runner ups are probably me pulling my 2nd Lyn in the Weapons to Refine re-run banner in the free pool and then pulling another one immediately in the second. The third is a toss up between free-pulling Amelia and free-pulling Myrrh. Didn't expect either of those as I was just doing the one pull and getting out of there. In both cases there was only one green stone as well.

Come to think of it... I now have every FE8 character EXCEPT THE ONE THAT DEMOTED TO *4. LA'RACHEL, WHERE ARE YOU?!

Edited by Zeo

A +Speed -Res Cylica might not seem all that special in its own right, but given that the pity rate was six fucking percent at the time, I'm pretty fucking grateful the result was at least worth it. She'll always be the 235-Orb Unit to me.

Also the fact that I got bought 20 birthday orbs by friends... and that in turn got me Spralfonse.

Edited by Parrhesia

I still cite my pulling Bride Ninian as my best roll, since I only had 3 chances to potentially get Ninian, if she was even on the 5 Blue Orb session, and then she was and I was like "wow, did they ninja update the pulling of 5* units to look so beautiful?"

Though I suppose another session I'm willing to cite as "Best" was the Legendary Banner that had Legendary Ryoma and Kinshi Hinoka on it, because in one session I managed both at the same banner, both with +Spd -Def. Maybe Ryoma would have prefered -Res or -HP, but it's not like he was that beefy to begin with. But HINOKA? Hinoka man, she was +Def -Spd before this banner! She is now a super MVP and probably the reason I've been able to do a few Abyssal maps without help.

Lastly... actually, let me just share this little thing with you all, because it's the most convoluted way to explain my third and fourth best sessions... This came from my last How Many 5* units do you have update.

Spoiler

Xenomata was a curious lad. Greedy but never begging. Always wanting, but never getting, and never enraging because of such. This young man was a liker of the Manakete named Nowi, for she was more than just the first Manakete he ever knew... she was also his first Fire Emblem wife. Well, besides Miriel, but she doesn't count because he reset his game when he learned what S rank support really meant. No imagination is needed to know what happens next, for he took one look at the Eternal Witch of Candy and thought to himself "I MUST have you!". So on the month of the Hallowed Night, he summoned. And summoned. He got pity broken twice by units he cursed at endlessly.

The final week approached. It did more than approach in fact, it passed. It was the final day in fact. All hope was lost for young, naive Xenomata. With only one more batch of orbs left, he said out loud, literally, "I have accepted my defeat. I will accept whatever pity you wish upon me, Briedablek." It is then that the sacred instrument, whose whims have danced and toyed with Xeno previously, revealed the shadow of a wide brimmed witches hat: The Eternal Witch had arrived... +Def -Spd. But Xenomata did not care one bit, for all his Suffering and Despair, in that moment, became Relief and Hope. He accepted the cursed boon and bane, and thrived with the witch named Nowi.

For months, the two fought at each others side. They never grew closer than friends, but that wasn't necessary, because a certain red-haired bride needed Xeno's friendship more. They gained a new ally, a Dancer of Water from the festival of the new year, to let Nowi have even more fun with the Red Book of Blades. They later came across new power, power that let an old friend of Xeno, a Falcon Knight of Archanea whose heart to another was forever out of reach, be reborn anew.

Rumors spread, rumors of a Legendary Hero, for all technical purposes anyways, who, within her banner, was a certain Witch. Xeno was happy with who he had now, but he knew this lie would not live forever: The curse could one day be lifted from the Eternal Witch, and the two would fight together forever more. So he summoned. And summoned. His hopes weren't even allowed to grow though... for the Eternal Witch arrived again... +Res -Spd. "Well, anythings better than +Def on a mage who doesn't even want to be hit in the first place" he thought, and granted his friend new power. But then, an even greater power came slightly later... +Atk -Res.

The story may not continue, but that's not because it ended at the arrival of new power, nor was it because that power turned out deathly, or even because Xenomata realized he's investing a lot of effort into a story no one's gonna read (well, a lot here meaning more effort than needed in the first place). It's because the tale of the Naive Youth and the Eternal Witch lives on even now, a new page being added every day...

I mean, I'm really not that lucky of a summoner. I'll consider it good luck if I even summon a 5* in the first place...

Edited by Xenomata

I pulled two Bridal!Tharjas and Bridal!Ninian in one session during the bridal bloom banner. The most shocked I've ever been, though, is when I pulled Lewyn on a free summon. He was literally the only unit I wanted from that banner, and my luck will never be that good again lol