Most awkward S-Support?

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I've never understood the appeal of a woman being wooed simply by a boy telling her that he loves her.  Makes me think of Brave New World, and how one of the characters - Lenina - was just ready to make mad love to the protagonist for no reason except she thought he was hot, and that's not a good book to be compared to for anything regarding substantial relationships.

To be honest, Brave New World is just not a good book at all.

In all seriousness, yeah; Gray and Clair was not well-written. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's more like:

• C-support: Gray tries to flirt on Clair, but it fails spectacularly
  • B-support: Gray professes feelings for Clair, but she tells him off
  • A-support: Clair apologizes for some reason, and thinks about her wrongdoing of not wanting to get romantically involved with a boy who keeps throwing vain words of love at her in the middle of a frickin' battlefield; also, pretty confident she's implying that Gray is a sloppy second, since she prefaces the whole discussion with "I learned that Alm and Celica have feelings for each other, so..."
  • Ending: They get married off-screen

It's all here.  Even if that wasn't classified as harassment, it's still poor relationship building.  It's one of a few supports I think were done poorly in that game; I ended up thinking Alm was a better suitor for her than Gray.

I've never understood the appeal of a woman being wooed simply by a boy telling her that he loves her.  Makes me think of Brave New World, and how one of the characters - Lenina - was just ready to make mad love to the protagonist for no reason except she thought he was hot, and that's not a good book to be compared to for anything regarding substantial relationships.

As sloppy and poorly-written as it is, it's still certainly NOT an implication of molestation. That's a very serious thing and really shouldn't be thrown around in a false way like that. (I know you aren't the one who said it was implied molestation, but this is the comment with the link to the supports, so it's the one I quote.)

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's more like:

• C-support: Gray tries to flirt on Clair, but it fails spectacularly
  • B-support: Gray professes feelings for Clair, but she tells him off
  • A-support: Clair apologizes for some reason, and thinks about her wrongdoing of not wanting to get romantically involved with a boy who keeps throwing vain words of love at her in the middle of a frickin' battlefield; also, pretty confident she's implying that Gray is a sloppy second, since she prefaces the whole discussion with "I learned that Alm and Celica have feelings for each other, so..."
  • Ending: They get married off-screen

It's all here.  Even if that wasn't classified as harassment, it's still poor relationship building.  It's one of a few supports I think were done poorly in that game; I ended up thinking Alm was a better suitor for her than Gray.

Poorly written I understand. I was just curious where the molesting and harassment accusations came from as it sounded pretty extreme. 

perosnally I found a lot of SoV’s supports to be poorly written, for similar reasons as the Gray and Claire one. There’s no substance or build up. Whatever occurs at the end just happens. They were worst than Fates imo, at least Fates had them in different settings and even the worst ones offered something new for one of the characters. That’s not to say all of SoV’s were bad....but I honestly can’t remember 90% of them. 

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Maybe you didn't understand its a dystopian novel where everyone is supposed to live unthinking intoxicated by all forms of pleasure including sex and drugs? If she ain't horny, she's not fitting into the dystopia and thus off to being recycled with her!

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

To be honest, Brave New World is just not a good book at all.

It took my innocence of mind, not that I can ask for it back.

17 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hector x Florina (their personalities are just too different and nothing in their original supports suggests any romantic interest)
Boyd x Mist (both of these pairings don't work for physical reasons)
Geoffrey x Elincia (grew up as siblings. This is about as weird as say Corrin x Camilla)
Sothe x Micaiah (I have several problems with this: first, Micaiah is basically Sothe's mom, second, she refers to him as her "brother")

Totally agree with Herina, it's "eek! Wait Florina!, eek! Wait Florina!, I'm scared, we all care for you Florina". No prelude to love at all.

BoydxMist, besides preferring her with Rolf, I don't get why she cries into his arms at the end of their support, or why they had to say she cried at the wedding in their RD ending.

In a prior era, assuming the two were kept apart much of every day due to the old gendered division of society and didn't interact too closely, with Geoffrey always maintaining his knightly demeanor and saw Elincia first and foremost as liege, it could be reasonable. Lucia, being female, could certainly be much more intimate with Elincia, learning the same lessons as her and with her in being a maiden, and being taught a little in self defense with a sword, which Lucia not being the princess was allowed to take further. Geoffrey probably headed off bright and early every weekday into his lessons as a knight, only seeing Elincia again at dinner, or when she made a rare visit to see him, or when he had the day off and was studying books on chivalry and military tactics.

I'm in agreement on Sothe and Micaiah being weird, even if I grudgingly accept the evidence of their love ingame now. 

7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Don't get me wrong; it is all the weirder for it. When I said, "To be fair", I really meant, "To be fair to the characters (or to anyone who, like me, paired Corrin Azura on their spoiler-free first playthroughs of Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation in that order and was horrified when that particular bit of information was revealed)", not, "To be fair to the writers". Seriously; what were the writers thinking?

Well, it's worth knowing that cousin marriage isn't illegal in Japan. (It's also not illegal in many US states, but that's a subject for another day).

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe you didn't understand its a dystopian novel where everyone is supposed to live unthinking intoxicated by all forms of pleasure including sex and drugs? If she ain't horny, she's not fitting into the dystopia and thus off to being recycled with her!

No, I understand that perfectly, and in fact that was exactly the point.  Gray and Clair's relationship felt as vapid as Lenina's unthinking desire to have sex with John the Savage.  In fact, a lot of romance I've seen in games could compare to that relationship or pretty much any sexual relationship in Brave New World; just people lusting after one another, and not people actually loving one another for who they are or building up and forming a proper relationship.  Too much romanticism based off of Romeo and Juliet's "love at first sight", to me it just feels like fan-fiction harem nonsense.  And that's how a lot of Fates' and Awakenings' romantic relationships feel as well.  Ironically, the S-supports I like most all came from fans in the form of Unassuming Venusaur's Gay Fire Emblem hacks, as they take the time to actually explore the characters' thoughts and feelings instead of just mashing them together like a couple of dolls that squeak out silly gimmicks.

I actually really liked Brave New World, and Orwell's 1984.  Those are pretty much my bread and butter in terms of dystopian references.

On 6/10/2018 at 1:39 AM, Anacybele said:

Also pairings with large age gaps or pairings between a far grown adult and child, such as Gregor with...almost anyone, and Frederick with Lissa or Gunter with Corrin.

Excuse me, how is Lissa a child or Frederick an old man? Lissa is implied to be maybe a couple years younger than her brother and her best friend Maribelle, and the two can marry each other. And Frederick can't be that much older than Chrom. Freddy is too old for Lissa, but not too old for Maribelle who is just a little older? Where's the logic? I agree about Gunter, he is clearly too old. Not so much about Gregor being too old for anyone. Even if we say he is 46 or something, you mean to tell me a 46 guy can't marry a beautiful young woman like, let's say the twenty-something Cherce? I disagree. And it goes both ways. I don't find anything wrong with the (maybe) 40 Reina marrying Corrin. It's one thing if they are old men/women, but in my opinion you are not old at 40 or 50.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:15 PM, DragonFlames said:

Hector x Florina (their personalities are just too different and nothing in their original supports suggests any romantic interest)
Boyd x Mist (both of these pairings don't work for physical reasons)

Even if Florina and Mist are clearly younger than Lissa, I still think these pairings aren't that weird or that they "don't work for physical reasons".

Mist and Florina are about to hit puberty hard, so all Hector/Boyd has to do is wait maybe a couple of years, and voilà! Their fiancee is magically a grown up and capable of having children. No one said they had to make babies the instant they fall in love with each other (except in Fates, when they literally have a magical baby pop-out the instant you click the S-support. What's up with that?). Plus it's not like Hector and Boyd are old. They are youngsters. It would be a different matter if say Haar married Mist.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:00 PM, DragonFlames said:

Corrin x Azura (and neither does this, because this is FULL ON incest)

To be fair, if they didn't grow up together there is no risk of their sibling relationship (that doesn't exists) messing with their romantic relationship. They fell in love while they where complete strangers, so the fact they are cousins doesn't ruin anything from an emotional PoV. And from a genetical PoV nothing is ruined either.

It takes more than in-breeding between cousins to create problems in the babies. Heck, often it takes more than one generation of doing it even between siblings to create problems.

I feel the only reason so many people don't like the implications here is that they have cousins irl and think of how strange it would be to hook up with them.

But there is a fine difference between cousins that spent their childhood together and cousins that never knew each other.

Corrin and Azura are strangers who happen to share a little blood, and that's it. It's not even comparable to things like Eldigan X Lachesis or Ephraim X Eirika.

The problem there is FIRST that they grew up together with an healthy sibling relations and SECOND that they are siblings, which is more dangerous than being cousins for the children.

I feel like I will never understand what's so wrong with Azura X Corrin, but that's just my opinion.

Now about which pairings and S-supports I find actually disgusting... well, mayber disgusting is a bit much, but an S-Support I find morally wrong is Robin X Lucina.

Much more than any other Robin X Child Character, this one feels wrong because atleast the other children weren't born yet in the current timeline, but Lucina was born already and Robin saw her as a baby... and than decided to marry that exact same baby grown-up. I have no words. What was IS smoking?

For a similar reason I don't like much the Corrin X Child Character pairings, since they clearly saw the child at birth. But I have less of a problem with this one since the circumstances around the childen in Fates are so weird and detached from reality, that it somehow makes them so unrealistic they aren't icky anymore.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Excuse me, how is Lissa a child or Frederick an old man? Lissa is implied to be maybe a couple years younger than her brother and her best friend Maribelle, and the two can marry each other. And Frederick can't be that much older than Chrom. Freddy is too old for Lissa, but not too old for Maribelle who is just a little older? Where's the logic? I agree about Gunter, he is clearly too old. Not so much about Gregor being too old for anyone. Even if we say he is 46 or something, you mean to tell me a 46 guy can't marry a beautiful young woman like, let's say the twenty-something Cherce? I disagree. And it goes both ways. I don't find anything wrong with the (maybe) 40 Reina marrying Corrin. It's one thing if they are old men/women, but in my opinion you are not old at 40 or 50.

Whoa, first of all, you don't have to be harsh. :/

Second, I never said Frederick was an old man. And third, how is Lissa NOT a child? Frederick is at least 26 as far as I can tell and Lissa is 14 pre-time skip. 14 is a child. Frederick at 26 is an adult and over 10 years older. And I was just using Lissa as an example, I wasn't saying Maribelle wasn't too young. She probably is. And I find it creepy for a 40 something year old person to marry someone who's in their twenties. Feel free to disagree, but there's NOTHING wrong with my opinion here.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Whoa, first of all, you don't have to be harsh. :/

Second, I never said Frederick was an old man. And third, how is Lissa NOT a child? Frederick is at least 26 as far as I can tell and Lissa is 14 pre-time skip. 14 is a child. Frederick at 26 is an adult and over 10 years older. And I was just using Lissa as an example, I wasn't saying Maribelle wasn't too young. She probably is. 

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, that wasn't my intention. I hate how difficult it is on the internet to properly convey the tone you're using when saying things.

Reading my post again I can see the part were I could have said things differently in order to make myself more clear. When I said "where's the logic" it wasn't meant to sound like an attack, more like that I was confused. I see what you mean now, I thought Lissa was specifically the spouse you didn't like for Frederick and that's what confused me, but if you have problems also with Maribelle (and I guess also Olivia, and others who are clearly young) it makes sense.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And I find it creepy for a 40 something year old person to marry someone who's in their twenties. Feel free to disagree, but there's NOTHING wrong with my opinion here.

I'm sad you think like that, but I guess I can't change your opinion, and that's fair. A relative of mine married a man who was more than twenty years older and they are happy, which is why I don't think such things are wrong, unless there is like a 50 year gap or the older person is a jerk or abusive, but you don't have to be of a different age to be those things.

But that's me, I'm not saying your opinion is wrong. The part that I was questioning was only Freddy, I just used your comment to talk about Gunter and Gregor to everyone, just to explain how I saw them.

But let's move on. I'm feeling sad for Gregor, condemned to be single in your playthroughs xD I guess IS could have solved this by making a older woman playable in Awakening's cast.

Or making Flavia not a Robinsexual, since she is old enough.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Reading my post again I can see the part were I could have said things differently in order to make myself more clear. When I said "where's the logic" it wasn't meant to sound like an attack, more like that I was confused. I see what you mean now, I thought Lissa was specifically the spouse you didn't like for Frederick and that's what confused me, but if you have problems also with Maribelle (and I guess also Olivia, and others who are clearly young) it makes sense.

In Frederick's case, since he definitely appears to be mid-late twenties, I only have an issue with him marrying Lissa or Maribelle, and I suppose Nowi as well. Nowi is over 1000 years old, sure, but she still has the appearance and mind of a child. And for all we know, her age is still a child by manakete standards.

Gunter and Gregor though, yeah, I wouldn't marry to pretty much anyone in their respective casts.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm sad you think like that, but I guess I can't change your opinion, and that's fair. A relative of mine married a man who was more than twenty years older and they are happy, which is why I don't think such things are wrong, unless there is like a 50 year gap or the older person is a jerk or abusive, but you don't have to be of a different age to be those things.

That's understandable then. Cool that those two people are happy. I wouldn't go dissing them for their relationship in that case then. But yeah. I'm just saying that while I myself would find it weird, I'm certain my parents also would not want me marrying someone close to THEIR own age. That's how I feel.

I actually did intend to marry Gregor to Tharja since it was like the only support I liked from the latter, and that point, the only other option for her was Libra and that support is horrible imo, but I still felt weird about it.

Edited by Anacybele

Another S support that is rather awkward is Gaius/Maribelle, largely on account of the ending. I... don't think that situation would crop up often in real life, to say the least.

Edited by Shadow Mir

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

In Frederick's case, since he definitely appears to be mid-late twenties, I only have an issue with him marrying Lissa or Maribelle, and I suppose Nowi as well. Nowi is over 1000 years old, sure, but she still has the appearance and mind of a child. And for all we know, her age is still a child by manakete standards.

About Nowi... I can understand that everyone will have a different opinion on her. But for how I see it, she is in a similar situation as Nyx in Fates. Her body is that of a child, but she has reached adulthood by manakete standards. My evidence N°1 is Nah, who points out that she is ashamed of her mother acting childlike, and sometimes wonders who is the real adult, suggesting that Nowi is adult by manakete standars. My evidence N°2 comes from Nowi's various supports. In her C-support with Frederick for instance he accepts to give her sweet fruits if she accepts to spend time with him. Nowi immediatly tells him to back off, that she is flustered but he isn't her type. The fact the she even thought Freddy was asking her out proves that she has a nice thinking head on her shoulders, because no child manakete (not even Myrrh) would have thought that.

In her S-support with him (yes I paired Nowi and Freddy in my game) she tells that she admires him because of all the hard work he does to help everyone, and that even if others don't always appreciate it, she will, which is a very adult thing to say. And all the other supports are like that too. Between games, shits and giggles Nowi has many unexpected moments of wisdom and maturity. It really shows how much she cares about others and she is mindful of their feelings and well-being. Being playful is her PERSONALITY, she would be like that even with Tiki's body. It has nothing to do with being a child or an adult.

I'm happy nobody mentioned her supports as disgusting, because seriously, she is one of the better written and more unique characters of Awakening. Even a bit tragic, since she will outlive her husband and probably her half-blooded daughter as well.

The only things that suck about her are the outfit (seriously, that's the worst, most sexist outfit ever. Camilla's is tame by comparison) and how much she's underutilazed by the plot (seriously? Not even a conversation with Tiki?).

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

About Nowi... I can understand that everyone will have a different opinion on her. But for how I see it, she is in a similar situation as Nyx in Fates. Her body is that of a child, but she has reached adulthood by manakete standards. My evidence N°1 is Nah, who points out that she is ashamed of her mother acting childlike, and sometimes wonders who is the real adult, suggesting that Nowi is adult by manakete standars. My evidence N°2 comes from Nowi's various supports. In her C-support with Frederick for instance he accepts to give her sweet fruits if she accepts to spend time with him. Nowi immediatly tells him to back off, that she is flustered but he isn't her type. The fact the she even thought Freddy was asking her out proves that she has a nice thinking head on her shoulders, because no child manakete (not even Myrrh) would have thought that.

In her S-support with him (yes I paired Nowi and Freddy in my game) she tells that she admires him because of all the hard work he does to help everyone, and that even if others don't always appreciate it, she will, which is a very adult thing to say. And all the other supports are like that too. Between games, shits and giggles Nowi has many unexpected moments of wisdom and maturity. It really shows how much she cares about others and she is mindful of their feelings and well-being. Being playful is her PERSONALITY, she would be like that even with Tiki's body. It has nothing to do with being a child or an adult.

I'm happy nobody mentioned her supports as disgusting, because seriously, she is one of the better written and more unique characters of Awakening. Even a bit tragic, since she will outlive her husband and probably her half-blooded daughter as well.

The only things that suck about her are the outfit (seriously, that's the worst, most sexist outfit ever. Camilla's is tame by comparison) and how much she's underutilazed by the plot (seriously? Not even a conversation with Tiki?).

Yeah, you could look at things that way, but we don't get any true confirmation that Nowi is considered an adult even by manakete standards, so... I'm just on the fence about pairing her with anyone not named Ricken or Donnel.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, you could look at things that way, but we don't get any true confirmation that Nowi is considered an adult even by manakete standards, so... I'm just on the fence about pairing her with anyone not named Ricken or Donnel.

That's fair. It's IS' fault for not stating it anywhere, when it could be easy to do so (like in that Tiki-Nowi support that doesn't exists, smh).

And judging by how they are treating her in Heroes, I think they have no intention of clearing things up. It's like they are trying to make her even MORE childlike in Heroes. -.-

But let's drop it before I start ranting, this is off topic anyway.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

That's fair. It's IS' fault for not stating it anywhere, when it could be easy to do so (like in that Tiki-Nowi support that doesn't exists, smh).

And judging by how they are treating her in Heroes, I think they have no intention of clearing things up. It's like they are trying to make her even MORE childlike in Heroes. -.-

But let's drop it before I start ranting, this is off topic anyway.

Yeah, fair enough.

10 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I just thought of one: pretty much anyone and Elise.

This is especially bad in conquest, where she's basically the only kid. 

Normally I would say this is the same as pairing Nino or Florina in Blazing Blade, and so not much of a problem. But with how the children work in Fates, it would be more like Florina remaining pregnant of Lilina in the middle of the plot. 

And having other kids to pair her up with wouldn't solve the problem. Or do you think Hayato impregnating Sakura in the middle of the game is better than Hinata doing the same.

Perhaps, it is a little better, in the same way losing a leg is better than losing both legs.

Now that I think about it Camilla deserves a special mention. Its already awkward because the whole support makes clear that Corrin doesn't want Camilla lusting after him so much but things get much worse in their S support where Corrin seemingly turns he down and she starts crying. The idea that I took away with it was that Corrin just gave up and accepted a marriage against his will just so that she would stop crying. 

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

And having other kids to pair her up with wouldn't solve the problem. Or do you think Hayato impregnating Sakura in the middle of the game is better than Hinata doing the same

Well, it would be better in the sense that Hinata doesn't have to go to jail and that he can keep his dignity. But yeah Fates really screwed up. In Awakening pairing Ricken with Cordelia or Robin wasn't a problem because their supports either implied or spelled out that Ricken would wait until he's an adult. Lissa and Donny would probably do the same. All kids are from the future so its easy to believe that any child breeding was done by consenting adults. 

But in Fates that's not the case. There is no time traveling which means Elise really did get pregnant while she was a little girl and that Hayato really did impregnate someone despite being a kid. Those are some pretty unfortunate implications and I'm surprised they didn't go on to affect he age rating of Fates. 

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But in Fates that's not the case. There is no time traveling which means Elise really did get pregnant while she was a little girl and that Hayato really did impregnate someone despite being a kid. Those are some pretty unfortunate implications and I'm surprised they didn't go on to affect he age rating of Fates. 

You know what I find funny? That they had to remove swimsuits from the game outside japan.

Because the fact people can go to the beach is clearly more scandalous than teen pregnancies.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

You know what I find funny? That they had to remove swimsuits from the game outside japan.

Because the fact people can go to the beach is clearly more scandalous than teen pregnancies.

honestly fates' censoring and localization is all over the place in terms of quality. I mean they removed swimsuits but then kept the entire beach DLC uncut? They "censored"(I don't know if it was censorship or just them going for a stupid meme) Beruka and Saizo's C support but keep Peri's entire character uncut? treehouse your censorship logic confuses me sometimes. 

On the note of Elise honestly she's just a perfect example of pandering to that little sister fetish that some japanese otaku have. I mean I've seen enough anime to become numb to the whole concept by this point but it's still really weird especially so if you actually have a younger sister like me but I digress.

To be a little more on topic however, I'm just gonna echo that pretty much all of of corrin's S-supports are just really weird awkward(male corrin at least of the few female s-supports I've read they're not too bad but I've only read like three so). The reason being is that most of these supports just read like fetish pandering and completely disregards a lot of the other character's previously established depth or nuance. One of the more egregious examples being CorrinxSelena. Now if you know me you'll know Severa is probably my favorite FE character ever. I dunno it's just that she comes off as one of the more human characters of awakenings cast in how she struggles with living up to the expectations of others and dealing with emotional trainwreck that is her past. This to me all serves to really make her one of the best written tsundere characters I've seen in a while so when I heard she was coming back in fates I was ecstatic and immediately went to s-support her the first moment I got and the support to say the least was extremely disappointing. Like the entire support is just SUPER generic with Corrin being your typical clueless nice guy harem MC and Selena acting as cliche tsundere as humanly f*cking possible. And the amount of cliched tsundere-esque dialogue between them only serves to make me cringe. What I loved about Severa is that she was more than just a cliche that she was an actual person with very realistic struggles and emotions but this support just fetishizes the fact that she's a tsundere just like so many sh*tty harem anime often do without any regards to any pre-established depth or nuance the character once had. It's all just there to pander to  a specific demographic and I hate it. 

18 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

This is especially bad in conquest, where [Elise]'s basically the only kid. 

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But in Fates that's not the case. There is no time traveling which means Elise really did get pregnant while she was a little girl and that Hayato really did impregnate someone despite being a kid.

Except that they are not ‘kids.’

During (and beyond) the Middle Ages, puberty was the main distinction between childhood and adulthood. And individuals aged 12-14 were elegible for marriage. Moreover, the age of consent in Western Europe was between 10 and 13 until the very end of the 19th Century.

If anything, the main issue for me is not that Elise is sexually active or that she gives birth at the age of 15, but that all her suitors are about ten years older. And even then, it is only awkward today. It certainly was not in the time where the story is set (nor a hundred years ago.)

Having said that, I dislike the S-Supports with Elise, Sakura and all second generation mostly because of the interactions with them. All of them act like teenagers (childish, rebellious, naive, immature, full of angst…), while the rest of the cast is depicted as mature (however dumb they may be.) It does not even matter if the younger characters are actually 14 or 19 years old, what bothers me is that it is possible to ship a clearly immature character with an adult.

I have read numerous messages that focus on the age of the characters, and I believe that the immature traits of the characters are more alarming than their age itself. This is, I would still dislike those shippings if IS told us that all younger characters are actually 25 years old.

(Percy and Kana are children to me and out of the table.)

Age gaps and incest make no sense, like only being able to have to marry someone to Nowi to get all the characters? Take one for the team Gregor.

Donnel x Maribelle has an ending that makes no sense.

Virion x Sully is just really bad.

Not an S support per say since they wernt in older games but I'm not to fond of Haar x Jill and Roy x Celcilia.

Roy and Celcilia is obvious since they're like a solid 15 years apart and Haar's best friend was Shihariam and he suddenly just marries his daughter? Similar reason as to why i don't like M!Robin x Lucina.

Other ones i don't like aren't really because they're bad but because characters in them get sad endings.

Vaida x Harken and Isadora x Legault are sad since Vaida and Harken never see each ther again, and its very plausible that Vaida dies before or suring the events of Binding Blade, and Isadora eventually kills Legault.

Myrhh x Ephiram is sad since Myrhh will outlive Ephiram.

10 hours ago, Geenoble said:

Haar's best friend was Shihariam and he suddenly just marries his daughter? Similar reason as to why i don't like M!Robin x Lucina.

Not really best friend; Shiharam was his mentor; his commander; the man he looked up to, etc. 

As for age difference, I agree that there is definitely a significant age difference between Haar and Jill. But it's not as big as one might initially think: 

Levail: Um… Nothing, I suppose. It’s just that it’s been a while since you left Begnion.
Haar: Yeah. Twenty years ago, wasn’t it?
Levail: I was still very young at the time. You had just been dubbed a knight

Haar had just been dubbed a knight when he and Shiharam left Begnion. This most likely happened somewhere in his early-to-late teens; let's say 13-17 (before anyone points out how low 13 is, it's not unrealistic historically and also consider how young Astrid was when she became a knight). This means that he'd be 33-37 during Radiant Dawn, and Jill was born sometime shortly after Shiharam left Begnion, so she's probably around 17-19 in Radiant Dawn. That's a big difference, but not unheard of. 

Plus, he's spent at least three quarters of those 33-37 years sound asleep, so mentally he and Jill should be similarly aged.

Also, unrelated, but Levail mentioning that Haar had just been dubbed a knight when he and Shiharam left makes this line in Path of Radiance rather funny in retrospect:

Jill: How should I address you, then?
Haar: Whatever works for you.
Jill: Sir Haar, maybe?
Haar: Do I look like a knight to you?

On 14.10.2018 at 6:39 PM, starburst said:

Except that they are not ‘kids.’

During (and beyond) the Middle Ages, puberty was the main distinction between childhood and adulthood. And individuals aged 12-14 were elegible for marriage. Moreover, the age of consent in Western Europe was between 10 and 13 until the very end of the 19th Century.

If anything, the main issue for me is not that Elise is sexually active or that she gives birth at the age of 15, but that all her suitors are about ten years older. And even then, it is only awkward today. It certainly was not in the time where the story is set (nor a hundred years ago.)

The Middle Ages have nothing to do with modern Fire Emblem. I mean, this is the series with the french maids, thong armors, combat stripping mechanics and whatnot. To say nothing of any fantasy elements.

The reason you can bang kids in this game is because otakus like to wank to little kids. That's it. The wardrobe of Nowi and Nyx should have made that very obvious. Honestly, it's not like the game is very subtle with the fetish pandering in general. I mean, we've literally got french maids on the covers of both games, even on the one with the guys who are supposed to be from Fantasy Japan.

Edited by BrightBow