Jump to content
Saulen Fals

Ideas for heroes

Recommended Posts

With Heroes success being what it's been I'm more than glad that Fire Emblem has been becoming more and more popular. However, I can't help but feel Heroes needs more in the way of game mods and a bit of a change in places (namely summoning). This has been stated out in the community already but I'm interested to see if anyone has any ideas and to share my own on it.

Now before we start, let's be honest. The gameplay at what it is, at best, is frankly a little stale. I log in, collect whatever items I have, do a mission or two, and then don't touch it again for another 23 hours. Maybe I'll spend a few days when a new event happens but I was done with forging bonds for a good week before it finally disappeared. And we all know how long tap battles sticks around for. 

So I want to hear the ideas you guys have as well as what you think of these.

1.) A slight rework on summoning 

I was thinking this over and at this point i think itd be a decent idea. If you've been playing since the beginning, you and I both know you've foddered off tons of 3☆ and 4☆ units. However, there are a few units that i personally like to have as +10 4☆'s because I like the unit but don't have the feathers to turn them into +10 5☆'s. There's still a few others that I want to get to +10 as 4☆'s but obviously I'm not running through orbs for them. 

Due to this I was thinking it may be a good idea to make a permanent 3☆ and 4☆ focused summon at the cost of feathers. There'd be a small chance for older 5☆ units (Lucina, Ryoma, Azura, Takumi, etc) but their percentage would never increase from that minimal base amount. The amount of feathers per summon would also be minimal. About 100 or 200 per summon as well as a new mode introduced that was specific for grinding feathers. Youd get about 5 per round but the rounds would be continual so you'd simply select continue and get launched into another randomly generated map. Now obviously there's the issue of transferring units you'd get for more feathers but that fix is simple too. Unlike the orb summons, the units from her wouldn't drop feathers when sent home. That or drastically reduce the amount of feathers transference is worth. This way people can grind for summons without undermining the value of orbs and the feather gain is minimal enough that it's not worth grinding out over GHB or Rival Domains. It also gives a chance for older (weaker) 5☆ units while splitting the decision of whether to save up feathers or spend them. In addition to all this, it's a huge boon for newer players in that they can summon basically all they want for units without letting them just straight up have 5☆'s. 

2.) Historical battles

This would been an interesting one but one that I think would be worth it especially as more units are introduced to the game. Everyone loves nostalgia after all right? Make it a permanent game mode, give specific units with specific conditions, boom. Done. Especially with the maps having music people miss I think this would be a good choice. 

3.) Boss battles

Going off historical battles this is another one. Give them a dumb amount of health (like... Idk between 150 and 300?) And use your whole team to take them down while defending from their incoming minions. Id love to fight Ashera, Grima, Medeus, etc again and frankly I think this could be a great game mode with some pretty decent rewards. For instance you'd have to beat Ashera in order to obtain Sephiran. Itd basically be like the GHB but much more epic and impactful. 

4.) Multiple weapons types per unit

Now here me out. Obviously this isn't for everyone but when you've got Legendary Ike being exclusive to swords when this dude has had axes in the past too, it really would help change the game. It would add versatility and a chance to make teams more diverse in that sword user prevalence would drop strictly because they weren't stuck with one weapon. Unfortunately, this change would take an insane amount of work so it honestly isn't too plausible and only cetrain units would get multiple weapon choices but I just like the thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saulen Fals said:

About 100 or 200 per summon as well as a new mode introduced that was specific for grinding feathers. Youd get about 5 per round but the rounds would be continual so you'd simply select continue and get launched into another randomly generated map. Now obviously there's the issue of transferring units you'd get for more feathers but that fix is simple too. Unlike the orb summons, the units from her wouldn't drop feathers when sent home.

That is overly complicated and it makes no sense for them to basically duplicate the roster, with the only difference between roster 1.0 and roster 2.0 is that 2.0 does not provide Feathers when sent home. It makes more sense for them to charge 400 or 500 Feathers per summon while having just one roster.

Other than that, I like the idea of summoning with Feathers.

1 hour ago, Saulen Fals said:

2.) Historical battles

This would been an interesting one but one that I think would be worth it especially as more units are introduced to the game. Everyone loves nostalgia after all right? Make it a permanent game mode, give specific units with specific conditions, boom. Done.

That would fall under Story Maps. I think it is a nice idea.

1 hour ago, Saulen Fals said:

Especially with the maps having music people miss I think this would be a good choice. 

Heroes need a Sound Room too.

1 hour ago, Saulen Fals said:

3.) Boss battles

Going off historical battles this is another one. Give them a dumb amount of health (like... Idk between 150 and 300?) And use your whole team to take them down while defending from their incoming minions. Id love to fight Ashera, Grima, Medeus, etc again and frankly I think this could be a great game mode with some pretty decent rewards. For instance you'd have to beat Ashera in order to obtain Sephiran. Itd basically be like the GHB but much more epic and impactful. 

It is called Relay Defense, except every minion is the equivalent to a boss. I personally detest that mode. Depending on the other stats of the boss, 150-300 HP is way too much.

— — — — — — —

I am mostly happy with the way things are. I am not a huge fan of difficult content so I want some quality of life improvements to help players out:

1. Make natures public. Making players open their browser to check for natures every time or forcing us to favorite a neutral nature copy for reference is a dick move at this point.

2. Show where the AI is going, so players who are not as good at strategizing have a better chance at tackling difficult content. It does not have to be super elaborate, but it should at a minimum show which unit an enemy is going after and what route it is going to take. This can be a third option on the Danger Area icon where it shows more detail.

3. Increase Barracks space. I am already back to above 1,050 units, even though I clean my Barracks out frequently.

4. Give players the option to disable the EXP boost from upgrading their Castle.

5. Release Live for Honor, Life for Bounty, Valor, and EXP. skills as Sacred Seals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saulen Fals said:

3.) Boss battles

Going off historical battles this is another one. Give them a dumb amount of health (like... Idk between 150 and 300?) And use your whole team to take them down while defending from their incoming minions. Id love to fight Ashera, Grima, Medeus, etc again and frankly I think this could be a great game mode with some pretty decent rewards. For instance you'd have to beat Ashera in order to obtain Sephiran. Itd basically be like the GHB but much more epic and impactful. 

This honestly just sounds like Abyssal/Lunatic Hero Battle maps. Not a whole new game mode. Not that I wouldn't mind getting a few new maps of an occasional type. It sounds like something that would be in Special maps occasionally with quests. Sort of like BHBs and LHBs.

 

3 hours ago, Saulen Fals said:

4.) Multiple weapons types per unit

Now here me out. Obviously this isn't for everyone but when you've got Legendary Ike being exclusive to swords when this dude has had axes in the past too, it really would help change the game. It would add versatility and a chance to make teams more diverse in that sword user prevalence would drop strictly because they weren't stuck with one weapon. Unfortunately, this change would take an insane amount of work so it honestly isn't too plausible and only cetrain units would get multiple weapon choices but I just like the thought.

I don't see this happening tbh. This feels a bit like why IS gives us alts. Brave Ike, for example. is the axe Ike, so to say.

Other than that, if this does get in, I feel it should be strictly changeable outside battle. Hero's current system makes the game  refreshingly simple but fun, and having weapons changeable in battle would affect that drastically. Skill menus would also need a "hide unequippable" option.

Edited by Arcphoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XRay said:

That is overly complicated and it makes no sense for them to basically duplicate the roster, with the only difference between roster 1.0 and roster 2.0 is that 2.0 does not provide Feathers when sent home. It makes more sense for them to charge 400 or 500 Feathers per summon while having just one roster.

I don't want to really undermine the idea of using 20,000 feathers to upgrade but yeah. Thinking on how much they give back when sent home though, you're right. 400 or 500 is a good number for that. 

 

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Heroes need a Sound Room too.

Dang straight heroes needs a sound room. Id drop money for that.

 

2 hours ago, XRay said:

1. Make natures public. Making players open their browser to check for natures every time or forcing us to favorite a neutral nature copy for reference is a dick move at this point.

2. Show where the AI is going, so players who are not as good at strategizing have a better chance at tackling difficult content. It does not have to be super elaborate, but it should at a minimum show which unit an enemy is going after and what route it is going to take. This can be a third option on the Danger Area icon where it shows more detail.

3. Increase Barracks space. I am already back to above 1,050 units, even though I clean my Barracks out frequently.

4. Give players the option to disable the EXP boost from upgrading their Castle.

5. Release Live for Honor, Life for Bounty, Valor, and EXP. skills as Sacred Seals.

Am in agreement with all this aside from the upgraded barracks space. Combat manuals solves this problem beautifully as far as I can tell. I dropped from 500 down to 170 units and have been around 220 recently with all the rest becoming combat manuals depending on skills I'll think I'll need. 

 

1 hour ago, Arcphoenix said:

I don't see this happening tbh. This feels a bit like why IS gives us alts. Brave Ike, for example. is the axe Ike, so to say.

Other than that, if this does get in, I feel it should be strictly changeable outside battle. Hero's current system makes the game  refreshingly simple but fun, and having weapons changeable in battle would affect that drastically. Skill menus would also need a "hide unequippable" option.

I meant out of combat and in the barracks haha. I just like the idea of being able to change units to different weapons for teams. Chrome with a Lance, Robin with swords, Vanguard Ike with an Axe, etc would just give more team versatility. I just know this would be extremely complicated and extremely unlikely to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Saulen Fals said:

Combat manuals solves this problem beautifully as far as I can tell.

I have created a lot of Combat Manuals. What I need is more space for 5* units and units with alternate optimal natures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have created a lot of Combat Manuals. What I need is more space for 5* units and units with alternate optimal natures.

For having over 1,050 units, that is insane. You are a very determined person for having that many units at (or are planning to make of) optimal use.

 

3 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

This honestly just sounds like Abyssal/Lunatic Hero Battle maps. Not a whole new game mode. Not that I wouldn't mind getting a few new maps of an occasional type. It sounds like something that would be in Special maps occasionally with quests. Sort of like BHBs and LHBs.

Expanding on the thought of Boss Battles a little bit too, that's what I was thinking with the special maps and quests for it. I personally think they've gone overboard with the inflated stats for the newer abyssal difficulty in the legendary hero battles and a different mode would be nice.

As for the actual thing, the reason I think they should have an insane amount of HP is because I think you'd need more than 4 units for this. Maybe increase the amount to 6 or even 8 but not to the extent of rival domains were more spawn in when your units die. Half would focus on clean up while 4 focused on the boss. The boss itself would have moderately low stats aside from atk and NO special aside from the hardest difficulty. The minion units themselves wouldn't have ridiculous stats but enough to be a nuisance since the boss should be the biggest threat. Fundamentally, this would take a lot of balancing but I think it could be a great mode if done right. 

You could even switch it up to be a boss only mode or kill x amount of units before boss spawns in and room clears. Just throwing thoughts out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XRay said:

1. Make natures public. Making players open their browser to check for natures every time or forcing us to favorite a neutral nature copy for reference is a dick move at this point.

2. Show where the AI is going, so players who are not as good at strategizing have a better chance at tackling difficult content. It does not have to be super elaborate, but it should at a minimum show which unit an enemy is going after and what route it is going to take. This can be a third option on the Danger Area icon where it shows more detail.

3. Increase Barracks space. I am already back to above 1,050 units, even though I clean my Barracks out frequently.

4. Give players the option to disable the EXP boost from upgrading their Castle.

5. Release Live for Honor, Life for Bounty, Valor, and EXP. skills as Sacred Seals.

Expanding on these as well, 

1.) I'm right there with you on this. It could be something as simple as coloring the boon and the bane stats different colors just to make them stand out for easy identification.

2.) This might be difficult to implement since the A.I. goes through a bunch of criteria before deciding the route it'll take but shouldnt be too complicated. Which unit it's targeting wouldn't be hard either and would take very little programming to show. I'm in approval of this myself even though I personally don't think I'd use it.

3.) Expanding the barracks would be useful but considering they already make you spend orbs to do that I doubt they'd change it. Cause money. Though I honestly wouldn't mind it myself since I know soon I'll need it and I don't want to spend orbs to do it.

4.) This is actually a good point because id like it for grinding sp, especially because I kind of lose the motivation to just spam them in a game mode once they hit level 40 (I get lazy, not gonna lie).

5.) Honestly these probably should've been some of the earliest seals they made. I don't know why these aren't a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Saulen Fals said:

3.) Expanding the barracks would be useful but considering they already make you spend orbs to do that I doubt they'd change it. Cause money. Though I honestly wouldn't mind it myself since I know soon I'll need it and I don't want to spend orbs to do it.

It wouldn't be the first time. IS has expanded the barracks every couple of updates for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...