New seasonal Banner: Land’s Bounty

Poimagic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Extremely disappointing banner.

- Ike is shafted yet again in favor of less popular characters and even less popular Tellius characters.
- How could IS let Mia of all characters steal Elincia's flying healer role from her? I'm not saying Elincia should be in this banner, but Mia could've been a different weapon or movement type or some other character could've been in her place with a different weapon or movement type (like Ike...).
- More stupid boring armors. Why does IS love these so much? I'm personally not a fan of armors.
- Too many females compared to males again imo. Niles isn't even a popular male. Ike could've at least been in his place.

I don't remember anyone deeming the flying healer role Elincia-exclusive. I know you hate Mia's guts and all, but that's silly to argue over in a seasonal banner when we have units normally wielding weapons they don't. Besides, a staff makes sense for a witch, so if not Mia, then someone else would eventually (and no, I doubt Elincia would be the witch). And Mia is not too outlandish of a choice, anyways; I'm seeing plenty of people want her (and in spite of her voice acting).

Also, not too fair to specify Tellius characters when Ike is unarguably the most popular. And I don't hear too much hate from armors elsewhere (from what I observed, at least), so that's probably why they do 'em lol *shrug* But I agree that Ike's a little overdue for a seasonal alt, though you can say the same for various lords when we got Innes and Tana for Summer while Ephraim and Eirika wait today.

I agree with the gender balance, though I'd replace Kagero with Ike over Niles, whose kinky nature sorta makes sense with the costume thing in a...well..."non-scary" way. :P

Speaking of Mia, ehh...I like Lani as a person and all, but man, I can hear the 3D Bubsy in Mia's voice, urk. With all respect to Patrick Seitz, this isn't working for Mia. I am intrigued in getting her, though, along with Roll Myrrh. :P Don't really care much for the Fates reps, but I guess IS is trying to throw them in as a popularity safety net.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Oops, looks like I didn't get my edit in before you replied. Like I said above, Oboro was higher ranked than Kagero for CYL1 (before the game launched at people just voted for who they liked) but her rank was much lower in CYL2, probably because she was a bad unit, with bad skills and art.

Got it. Well, Oboro was third highest girl in the official Fates poll. I don't know if that should necessarily count for something nowadays, but she's not some nobody at the very least. It's weird how Kagero gets two alts in the same year and all the Hoshidan retainers get ignored when Kagero's not that popular.

3 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Out of the non-royal Hoshido exclusives, Oboro (#60), Hana (#83), and Setsuna (#84) scored higher than Kagero (#86) in CYL1.  Kagero outdid them all in CYL2 rather handily at #90 compared to Oboro's #173, Hana #181, and Setsuna #188.  I want to say that kind of sharp decline is far more indicative of their performance as units in Heroes than anything else.  Kagero was amazing for the first half of the game's life, while no one but their fans enjoy pulling the other three.  Then again, Niles did get #74 in CYL2 despite being a god-awful unit, so who knows. 

I suppose so. Hasn't the women's side always been a bit more competitive than the men's side, though?

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

and in spite of her voice acting

But is is so bad that it is good. I think it is pretty hilarious and I like that it is a little different. Maybe it will be turned into popular meme.

4 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

What these unit make me believe is that bows and daggers will no longer be considered colorless units. That will be staff exclusive or gain another one if beasts are added.

Why? They just released a colorless bow unit and they probably changed the colors on this one just to avoid sharing

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I don't remember anyone deeming the flying healer role Elincia-exclusive. I know you hate Mia's guts and all, but that's silly to argue over in a seasonal banner when we have units normally wielding weapons they don't. Besides, a staff makes sense for a witch, so if not Mia, then someone else would eventually (and no, I doubt Elincia would be the witch). And Mia is not too outlandish of a choice, anyways; I'm seeing plenty of people want her (and in spite of her voice acting).

Also, not too fair to specify Tellius characters when Ike is unarguably the most popular. And I don't hear too much hate from armors elsewhere (from what I observed, at least), so that's probably why they do 'em lol *shrug* But I agree that Ike's a little overdue for a seasonal alt, though you can say the same for various lords when we got Innes and Tana for Summer while Ephraim and Eirika wait today.

I agree with the gender balance, though I'd replace Kagero with Ike over Niles, whose kinky nature sorta makes sense with the costume thing in a...well..."non-scary" way. :P

I didn't mean it had to be exclusive to Elincia, I just feel she should've been the first one. Sorry for the confusion.

Exactly, I feel Ike is way overdue, same with Ephraim and Eirika. And I don't even like Eirika.

I'd replace Kagero with Oboro or Hinoka. And Niles with Ike.

Ah, I almost forgot Halloween was this month. I could see Niles dressing up for Halloween to scare people and awww, Myrhh is going trick-o-treating this year and Mia's English voice is still ear-grating to listen to. Also, surprised to see Kagero getting a second seasonal alt this year. I mean, I know why they did but I don't know I do agree with some people that maybe Oboro could have been here instead if only because I see her as Niles' opposite. Another, I can gladly skip this banner since none of the characters interest me that much and was hoping to instead use what orbs I do have trying one last time to get PA!Azura.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Niles isn't even a popular male. Ike could've at least been in his place.

Except Niles is a popular male FE character. He is not Ike-levels of popularity but he is probably one of the most popular non-royal characters from Fates. Also, at least Niles was popular enough to into FE: Warriors which Ike wasn't good enough for.

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Ugh, again most of them are Fates or Awakening characters. Well, at least that Myrrh is adorable, and a must once she appears in a legendary 

Only two of the five are 3DS if you include the Tempest Trials reward.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Except Niles is a popular male FE character. He is not Ike-levels of popularity but he is probably one of the most popular non-royal characters from Fates. Also, at least Niles was popular enough to into FE: Warriors which Ike wasn't good enough for.

I've not seen much liking for Niles at all, mainly for being a creep. Also, there are still more popular males that could've taken Niles's place, like Ike as you just pointed out.

Edited by Anacybele

Mia’s voice is one of those that are so bad it’s funny. I hope it never changes and it becomes a running gag if we ever get more seasonals of her.

I wanted to pull Niles, but I’m not a fan of his voice. It’s usually deeper than what they showed in the video. Plus, he’s an armor and I’m not too fond of those.

It seems like IS is aware of our dislike of Camilla’s alts, so they’ve resorted to Kagero for their Fates character with big breats. I like her, though, so I don’t mind too much, but it was surprising seeing her again.

Myrrh is adorable 10/10

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd replace Kagero with Oboro or Hinoka. And Niles with Ike.

That's probably just you. We already have 3 Ikes, but only 1 Niles. Kagero is a weird choice, you can throw a Bottled Juice at IS's head for that.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Sometimes I feel I'm the only person that likes Lani Minella as Mia in FEH. Aside of that "Wah!" clip in the trailer, I really think the voice fits.

You're not. I like Lani Minella as Mia too. The Wah makes me think she should've dressed up as Waluigi (and now I want Wario!Anna for some reason), but it's not bad.

4 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Now that we have a flying healer too, I feel like we've got everything in the game. Book 3 got work to do to bring unique to the table.

Beast units. Calling it now.

Also Cavalry Dragons.

The thing I most look forward to is Dorcas here.

I wonder if Titania will ever get her turn for a seasonal alt, since they same to have forgotten Tellius males exist and she's one of the few girls who haven't gotten one yet.

I don't dislike Kagero, but I'm wondering why she needs a third version when there are plenty of characters who don't have alts at all yet.

Just now, Garlyle said:

That's probably just you. We already have 3 Ikes, but only 1 Niles. Kagero is a weird choice, you can throw a Bottled Juice at IS's head for that.

Just me? lol no way. Ike is mega popular, and since he still lacks a seasonal, all his fans probably really want one for him. Ike does not have a seasonal, he just has a canon alt and an alt the fans voted for. No seasonal.

5 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Why? They just released a colorless bow unit and they probably changed the colors on this one just to avoid sharing

I mean that i feel they won't be exclusive anymore. Sure, only 1 unit in regular pool and the rest legendary or seasonal, but i feel those are steps in a bigger plan to diversify the roles of physical ranged units.

This could screw over with the colorless pool, sure, bit could also fix it in the long term if a melee colorless weapon type (like beasts) were added.

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

Sometimes I feel I'm the only person that likes Lani Minella as Mia in FEH. Aside of that "Wah!" clip in the trailer, I really think the voice fits.

Nah, I like her, too~ The WAH threw me the hell off, too but I thought she was trying to sound like a witch or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But did all of these units except one have to be armors? Why not just one or two?

There's a segment of the playerbase that simply won't pull for things that don't score well in arena.

Additionally there are only 21 armors that are summonable in some capacity, half the number of flyers btw, so its not like the game is over flowing with them.

I do wish IS would add more armors to the perminant pool instead of flooding seasonals, but alot of canonically armored units aren't very popular so what can you do.

1 minute ago, colossus86 said:

I do wish IS would add more armors to the perminant pool instead of flooding seasonals, but alot of canonically armored units aren't very popular so what can you do.

Yes, but what makes IS think that the players that like armors for scoring wouldn't pull for armors being added to the normal pool as well as seasonals?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if Titania will ever get her turn for a seasonal alt, since they same to have forgotten Tellius males exist and she's one of the few girls who haven't gotten one yet.

Only when they will be out of Awakening and Fates characters.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't dislike Kagero, but I'm wondering why she needs a third version when there are plenty of characters who don't have alts at all yet.

Agreed. And we already have two maids, we don't need a fake one!

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just me? lol no way. Ike is mega popular, and since he still lacks a seasonal, all his fans probably really want one for him. Ike does not have a seasonal, he just has a canon alt and an alt the fans voted for. No seasonal.

Maybe it's just me but an alt is an alt, seasonal or not. There's characters as old as Ike who don't have an alt (because they are not main characters).

Also, imagine if you would replace Ike by Lyn in your sentence, people would be mad at IS. Not something you said, I just wanted to point that out.

5 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I mean that i feel they won't be exclusive anymore. Sure, only 1 unit in regular pool and the rest legendary or seasonal, but i feel those are steps in a bigger plan to diversify the roles of physical ranged units.

This could screw over with the colorless pool, sure, bit could also fix it in the long term if a melee colorless weapon type (like beasts) were added.

It will be interesting to see how they bring beasts in. Will they all be colorless or semi randomly distributed throughout the colors like dragons. 

Maybe they'll sort them by species but who knows