New seasonal Banner: Land’s Bounty

Poimagic

Ok, before I start thinking about what stats the new units get, there is something that caught my attention that spells CRAZY.

Myrrh did 25 extra damage with Bonfire. That requires 50 defense. If we deduct the bonus from def/res 2 and her weapon, that's still 45 base defense. It's expected that she has 180 bst, she might be a very bulky mixed phase armored unit. (although PM1 just posted a video where he believe she also got the boost from Fortify Armor)

Actually she might be my target. I do want a Mia, but Myrrh seems to be the missing piece from my Armor Emblem team.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Holy Vestments, Sacred Cowl, Aegis, and Ice Mirror can still activate and trigger Special Spiral, even with Dazzling Staff, so this effect is actually relevant (well, other than the fact that almost no one uses Special Spiral with one of those skills).

You could also be attacking a Mia who is able to counter, and trigger an offensive special, which would then normally trigger Special Spiral, but it's disabled by the staff effect.

Strange banner for me. They all look great but I don't need any of them. 

• Mia: The only (more or less) must-have unit, but I can't pull colorless again after trying to get F!Grima for months. I'm expecting a regular flying healer soon. 
  • Kagero: Camilla got boring with her 4th version, I hope they will stop with Kagero earlier. Armored = skip
  • Niles: Looks very cool and I don't have Jakob, but Armored = skip
  • Myrrh: Adorable, but they could have attached a themed gadget to her dragon form at least. Would make a strong team with my L!Tiki and M!Grima ... if I cared about armors. 

The last remaining and ultimate whale bait would be an armored healer, right? My bet for Christmas or New Year. 

On the character side this was a pretty surprising banner. No fates royals and I can't say I saw Mia or Myrh coming. The only pick I don't care for is Kagero since she already got an alt and Kagero, but maid doesn't exactly sound very halloween to me.

While I think the banner is good I also can say non of the picks exite me very much on a personal level. I like Nah and Niles well enough and will maybe pull a bit for them, but none of the choices rank anywhere near my favourites.

On the gameplay side of things I am more then a little bit dissapointed. Did they really have to have armours take up 3 of the 4 slots?

7 minutes ago, Sasori said:

On the gameplay side of things I am more then a little bit dissapointed. Did they really have to have armours take up 3 of the 4 slots?

Of the 94 characters introduced so far this year, only 10 of them have been armors:

• Zelgius: January 12
  • Valentine Hector: February 9
  • Valentine Lyn: February 9
  • Valentine Eliwood: February 14
  • Hardin: February 22
  • Male Grima: February 22
  • Legendary Hector: June 28
  • Brave Ephraim: August 21
  • Brave Hector: August 21
  • Legendary Tiki: September 28

Of the 297 playable characters in the game, only 25 of them are armors.

Maybe they'd get less hate if they were spread out a bit more instead of clumped together, but with the minuscule pool of marketable canon armors, that's just hard to actually make happen.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Of the 94 characters introduced so far this year, only 10 of them have been armors:

Maybe they'd get less hate if they were spread out a bit more instead of clumped together, but with the minuscule pool of marketable canon armors, that's just hard to actually make happen.

I do sort of get it. None of the ingame armour knights will rack up sales so they have to make some for seasonals. That part i'm fine with, but things like the christmas banner or this halloween banner where all or almost all of the units are armours is still something I don't like. Like you said I would't mind as much as much if they where spreaded out a bit more.

Well, this only spoiled me on Myrrh.

Witch Mia..... WHAT. Well, didn't see a PoR character at all. She's also a flying healer (FACK). She also has a weapon that resets weapon cooldown (OH FUCK RIGHT OFF IS) and increases cooldown length. Other than that her skills seem about regular.

Kagero has a maid alt (Green armoured shuriken) and her dagger can also cause the cooldown increase. She also has Even Atk Wave and Bold Fighter, certainly worthwhile as fodder.

Niles has our blue bow (finally) and he's armoured (What a robe eh?). He also has Atk/Spd Link, which syncs with his smite and fortify armours (Pretty neat)

Myrrh is our unique weapon unit this time. She's a red dragon armour, has a breat which allows her to make a guaranteed follow up, Vengeful Fighter and Armour March and Def/Res 2? Well apparently she got a dump skill.

So, I wasted my orbs trying to get a second unit on the legendary banner, We still need more good red armours even with Myrrh around. Mia interests me entirely for her type and Myrrh has some interesting stuff too. It's not like I'd say no to the others but I'm not too interested either.

Edit: Also, TT Dorcas. Who wants to bet he'll be a weresheep?

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And we have the super serious and proper Frederick running around on a beach and showing off his killer abs while throwing seashells too. lol

Could've sworn the guy is humorously uptight and devoted to Chrom to the point of shamelessly hanging posters of the prince nude around the camp (to name one thing), so Frederick's not exactly a good example of an unironically serious person to compare to Innes, who I think at worst got that "image problems" burn from Eirika. :Y

But we are getting Dorcas according to the announcement, and memes aside, that guy's pretty serious with his whole story being him focusing on getting money to help Natalie.

Ok, here's my prediction for the stats, calculated in my Tool

Mia

Spoiler
HP ATK SPD DEF RES
32 26 33 16 26
36 30 36 19 29
39 33 39 22 33

I would be surprised if they don't focus on her Speed and Resistance. Defense seems to be obvious bane.

Kagero

Spoiler
HP ATK SPD DEF RES
38 35 23 22 31
41 38 27 25 34
44 41 30 28 37

Atk and Res seems to be her nature, so I make some sacrifice in Def and Spd.

Niles

Spoiler
HP ATK SPD DEF RES
33 33 34 30 19
37 36 37 33 22
40 39 40 36 25

He looks very offensive with all the atk and spd, so he probably brings the most out of it, while also have some room for defense.

Myrrh

Spoiler
HP ATK SPD DEF RES
43 31 21 41 27
46 34 24 45 30
50 37 28 48 33

3 words: Fear the dragon. With her weapon and B skill, who needs speed?

Will pull for Mia and maybe a little for Myrrh since BK is my only red armor.

Outside of that? Yawn. More armors and they are awkward color/weapon combinations. None of which I particularly need except maybe Myrrh. Flying healer on the other hand, is a must have.

On the whole though, this banner is an easy skip if you're not a whale. Seriously.

Edited by Zeo

Oh come on, after all those banners with units that I really wanted they give me a halloween banner that's full of great art too????

Well shit, so far my hope for not being interested in this banner at all. I was so happy I could finally pull for PA!Olivia again but so far for that :( Mia's art is amazing, I love Niles and he looks great too, and Myrrh is totally adorable. Surprised and disappointed that we get another seasonal Kagero though, meh.

Also disappointed in so many armors again, I would prefer more diversity, especially since last Halloween banner was full of armors too. I'm really waiting for some more fun cavalry units, my cavalry team is the only one I'm not really happy with. And I would've preferred Niles to be infantry or cavalry, bow units are just more fun to use when they have more movement. Though maybe I could use him to make a tactics archer team, that seems like fun.

Gods I'm gonna need money for this.

EDIT: Oh right Dorcas is a thing too. Don't care much for him though, wish they had given us any of the banner units for free instead ^^; Hoping he has good skills then so he's at least useful as fodder.

Edited by Mau

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

Ok, here's my prediction for the stats, calculated in my Tool

Mia

Hide contents
HP ATK SPD DEF RES
32 26 33 16 26
36 30 36 19 29
39 33 39 22 33

I would be surprised if they don't focus on her Speed and Resistance. Defense seems to be obvious bane.

Kagero

Hide contents
HP ATK SPD DEF RES
38 35 23 22 31
41 38 27 25 34
44 41 30 28 37

Atk and Res seems to be her nature, so I make some sacrifice in Def and Spd.

Niles

Reveal hidden contents
HP ATK SPD DEF RES
33 33 34 30 19
37 36 37 33 22
40 39 40 36 25

He looks very offensive with all the atk and spd, so he probably brings the most out of it, while also have some room for defense.

Myrrh

Hide contents
HP ATK SPD DEF RES
43 31 21 41 27
46 34 24 45 30
50 37 28 48 33

3 words: Fear the dragon. With her weapon and B skill, who needs speed?

I agree with the fear the dragon. I wish I had the orbs and fodder to invest into a Special Fighter QR Myrrh. :(

Ippei did Dorcas again so there's nothing to fear this Halloween. Maybe it's because I really hyped myself on this banner, but I feel slightly disappointed. IDKY, but I'm not going to pull too hard for this one.

Mia will (hopefully) be my free pull. I currently don't have her, and I like her costume hear. I wanted someone like Elincia or Erinys to be the first flying healer, but I'm OK with Mia. WAH.

I like Kagero, but I'm just not feeling her? I was never too crazy about her character, and dealing with her Poison dagger in the arena so much has somewhat soured me on her. Her Spring seasonal was a while ago, but idk, I feel like they could have put another character here. I was hoping for Oboro, Felicia, or Sonya instead tbh.

I may go for Niles. I need more blues and bisexual legends.

Myrhh will be an arena monster. I bet she'll have 180 BST. Her outfit is cute, BUT something about the length of it bothers me a little bit.

WAH.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And yet almost all of those armors are not only powerful as hell, but most of them are also ready for battle out of the box after the standard SP grinding. Meanwhile we are still getting new untis who aren't even GHB or TT units who are underwhelming or already exist in the form of another unit but done better/worse.

Looking back, Armors have passives that directly affect combat (always doubling, sped up Special Charge, diabling enemy doubles, a fucking C passive and Sacred Seal that lifts the one restriction holding back Armor units), meanwhile Infantry have a select few C passives that affect Special Charge and fewer weapons that they are weak against, Fliers have a lot of mobility-based passives, always some form of "unit A can move to any space that is adjacent to unit B who is within 2 spaces of them" and a small stream of Flying Dancers, and Cavalry... have literally gotten nothing new besides a few more ranged units.

Armors are getting everything that'd have a direct impact on combat, and most of what the other move types get that'd affect combat are available to Armors as well... wow, I just made myself hate Armor units for reasons other than they are bullshit to face in battle!

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

And yet almost all of those armors are not only powerful as hell, but most of them are also ready for battle out of the box after the standard SP grinding.

It's really hard to not be powerful as hell with that many raw points of stats and the most powerful skills in the game. And they are pretty much required to have those skills out of the box because there are no other units capable of having them by default.

It's literally what they should be doing with all of the infantry-focused skills like Wrath and Special Spiral, but they keep making new skills (most notably "set" skills like the Link skills that force them to complete the set in due time) too quickly to actually reprise the older ones.

Furthermore, if you look at the other units we've gotten recently, they, too, have been good to go out of the box. The only difficulty is that they might not have an optimal kit because it's hard to both give units completely optimal kits and also have skill variety and introduce new skills.

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Meanwhile we are still getting new untis who aren't even GHB or TT units who are underwhelming or already exist in the form of another unit but done better/worse.

It's really damned hard to make an armor unit a near clone of another unit when there is a total of only 25 armors in the game.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, if that's the case, I guess I won't be pulling on many banners anymore. I don't like armors. I want more horse and Pegasus units.

This logic is why I'm happy with seasonal banners being so armor-loaded so I can skip it, I only use cavalry and fliers as well

But armored dragons, specifically armor dragons, are too good to not pull even if I'm a player phase player with ranged units . 

I love Niles' art. I was hoping for a non-Fates male for once... but I guess there's Dorcas. Not my first pick, but I'm happy to get him for free. Interested to see what he will look like. I'll pull for Niles.

Myrrh - friggin' adorable. I'm not going to actively pull for her but won't be unhappy if I get her. This is how Nowi should have been last year.

Mia - Looks fine. First healing flier. Not a huge fan of her character so skipping there.

Kagero - Already has an alt. Not a character that interests me to begin with. Skip.

Edited by Cute Chao

I..I need Myrrh. I don't know what else to say. I feel guilty for wanting a 180 BST unit but I've always liked her and not only did this alt come out of absolutely nowhere, it dials her cuteness levels up to absurdity while giving her a really neat outfit in the process.  Also, that snippet of dialogue we saw? Too precious!!

Def/Res 2 is such a weird choice though. What alternatives are there that aren't DC or a Breath skill (I just had to feed my only Steady Breath fodder to Helbindi, didn't I..)?

Edited by DefyingFates

Four-hero banner means I probably won't be able to afford also pulling for a better H!Jakob.

Mia: Why couldn't Erinys, Cynthia, Caeldori, or an Elincia alt have been our first flying healer? Will probably be pulling an extra copy to give to Nanna.

Kagero: Looks like I'm bringing back my Four Seasons Of Daggers team on defense.

Niles: If they're giving him Swift Sparrow, his stat line might make him a physical version of Valentine's Lyn.

Myrrh: Making me feel silly for +10'ing the regular version.

I think I'll go for Mia. A flying healer is too big to ignore, and she's the only character here I don't have the regular version of. I want to get back to stockpiling orbs, but oh well.

So not Camilla after all. That's a surprise. 

I don't really care about anyone in the banner but aside from Kagero they are all people who hadn't received their due yet, and more Tellius and Magvel alts are always nice. But it really annoying they again reinforced the precedent of only adding a single male unit rather than moving away from it. 

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

The problem, for me at least, is that she seems to be almost completely consumed by the whole "retainer" business, but it's not funny like it is with Saizo.

That has always been my problem with her and team Ryoma as a whole as well. Most retainer teams go about their duties in a unique way: Team Takumi are the best of friends with their lord, Team Camilla serves as Camilla's newest batch of ''children'', Xander has to play the stern dad for his team and team Hinoka serves as a ball and chain. Compared to this Kagero and Saizo don't really have any sort of bond with Ryoma that goes being that of a servant and a boss. Saizo is expressive and overly serious enough to make it work but Kagero really doesn't do anything to stand out. And then there's the fact that Kagero really never did anything to earn two alts. She's not particularly important and she isn't incredibly popular either. The most likely reason for the extra attention is either that the developers really like her or because they cynically believe that books will sell.

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

That's absurd, if anything else seeing someone as serious as Ike in a silly costume would be charming & more importantly profitable.

I'm not entirely sure about that. To me it feels like Ike is in a very awkward position where he is serious enough not to engage in seasonal festivals willingly but also not stuffy enough that his participation would suddenly become amusing. His dynamic with his loved ones might not be as compelling as with other characters either. With Bunny Alfonse its partly so funny because its implied Sharena forced the whole thing on him but Ike doesn't really have anyone who could force him into that situation. 

Then again the Halloween banner might have been the seasonable that's best suited for Ike. He's a good big bro so it wouldn't be too odd if he took Mist and Rolf trick or treating in order to give them a good time.