New seasonal Banner: Land’s Bounty

Poimagic

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

since BK is my only red armor.

What happened to Arden, Draug, and Zephiel? They were all free unit at some point. Also, we really, really need more regular sword armors. It's kind of a problem when only two are in the regular summoning pool and three are GHB or TT units.

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Myrrh: Making me feel silly for +10'ing the regular version.

They're different units? Regular Myrrh is a green flying dragon with a defense check to prevent follow-ups on her Great Flame while Halloween Myrrh is a red armored dragon with a defense check version of the several follow-up skills on this game. It also doesn't change the fact you have a +10 of a very strong unit.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to point out that the last seasonal armor we got was the fiasco of the Valentines banner. All the seasonal banners in between contained no armor units at all, so complaining about IS being too armor happy in seasonal banners is a little silly.

Also I find that Kagero hilarious, I need Mia because she a QT and Lani Minella is great, I need Niles because hmmhmm you know why and I need Myrrh because she a QT and Erica Lindbeck is great.

I luv Myrrh. I do wish her dragon sprite was unique(zombie rarr!). So Red and then Colorless is my priority. I have little interest in colored bows and daggers. Particularly since green is such a bloated armor color and I am well set.

The cynical part of me suspects that Kagero is a repurposed alt. There is nothing about her looks that screams Halloween celebration especially because it's just a standard maid uniform in Fates. Just compare it to last year's monster butler Jakob. It's more likely that someone realized that people would rather pull for another female unit than second Dorcas and had change of plans thanks to Kagero's spring banner performance.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That has always been my problem with her and team Ryoma as a whole as well. Most retainer teams go about their duties in a unique way: Team Takumi are the best of friends with their lord, Team Camilla serves as Camilla's newest batch of ''children'', Xander has to play the stern dad for his team and team Hinoka serves as a ball and chain. Compared to this Kagero and Saizo don't really have any sort of bond with Ryoma that goes being that of a servant and a boss. Saizo is expressive and overly serious enough to make it work but Kagero really doesn't do anything to stand out. And then there's the fact that Kagero really never did anything to earn two alts. She's not particularly important and she isn't incredibly popular either. The most likely reason for the extra attention is either that the developers really like her or because they cynically believe that books will sell.

Oh... you remind me something talking about Kagero...

I think Kagero was the character that played as the Damsel in distress in all of the games... and I remember something about Kagero's design being originally used as a princess.

Well, 3 of the 4 characters looks good. Kagero is just...dissapointed. I mean: she had an alt half a year ago, she's wearing a standard nohrian maid uniform, and is an armor while Felicia and Flora are infantry units wearing the same uniform. If the only reason was to add a busty women that is not Camilla, Sonya also has a regular version in the game yet (which Charlotte lacks), which could have worked too.

I'll go red for my free pull and then wait as much as possible to decide if I want to summon here or not.

Edited by Javi Blizz

7 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Could've sworn the guy is humorously uptight and devoted to Chrom to the point of shamelessly hanging posters of the prince nude around the camp (to name one thing), so Frederick's not exactly a good example of an unironically serious person to compare to Innes, who I think at worst got that "image problems" burn from Eirika. :Y

But we are getting Dorcas according to the announcement, and memes aside, that guy's pretty serious with his whole story being him focusing on getting money to help Natalie.

Yeah, but Frederick still takes all that seriously. And you ought to see his summer scramble conversation with Vaike. Vaike tries to get him to loosen up and have more fun, to the point of reaching for Frederick's armor straps, but Frederick just makes him run laps and starts acting like a drill sergeant. :P

3 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

This logic is why I'm happy with seasonal banners being so armor-loaded so I can skip it, I only use cavalry and fliers as well

Yeah, that is one way to look at it. :P

Anyone think we may get another Halloween Banner theme this year? This one is pretty early compared to last year, which started on Halloween and ran through the end of November. This one will end pretty early in November, so, unless they do they re-run of 2017 during that time (which would be pretty late since the other re-runs began only a few days after their new banner), I think it's a possibility

Only reason I think it's possible is because we got yet another two Summer Banners this year and just how early we're getting Halloween compared to last year so I could see them doing another one. That and I can't think of another Special Hero theme they could use for November~

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Anyone think we may get another Halloween Banner theme this year? This one is pretty early compared to last year, which started on Halloween and ran through the end of November. This one will end pretty early in November, so, unless they do they re-run of 2017 during that time (which would be pretty late since the other re-runs began only a few days after their new banner), I think it's a possibility

Only reason I think it's possible is because we got yet another two Summer Banners this year and just how early we're getting Halloween compared to last year so I could see them doing another one. That and I can't think of another Special Hero theme they could use for November~

IS please don't do that to my wallet, I am begging you. Anything for a banner I don't care about, anything.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'd go for this since I care for no one in this one, despite Myrrh being cute.

If you ask me, I think any character from Awakening or Fates is fitting for a seasonal outfit given how silly those casts of characters can be (probably a reason why they use them so much). Even Frederick Flintstone is a fitting seasonal given it draws from Frederick’s hobby of picking up rocks, and it’s not OOC for him either to relax a bit when off-duty. 

I think every seasonal so far has been fitting given the season and character (with the sole exception of Bride Sanaki which I prefer to think as a Flower Girl), which is why I have a hard time picturing an Ike seasonal. He’s always shown to be very rigid and closed with his emotions, so it’s to imagine him letting loose and wearing something that isn’t his usual clothing. I think the most fitting seasonal for him would be summer, with an outfit similar to Frederick, and a dagger weapon resembling a Shish Kebab. 

Given the trend of Tellius seasonals, though, I’m willing to bet the next one is going to be Nephenee. I expect her to show at Christmas, with a Santa hat big enough to cover most of her face. 

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but Frederick still takes all that seriously. And you ought to see his summer scramble conversation with Vaike. Vaike tries to get him to loosen up and have more fun, to the point of reaching for Frederick's armor straps, but Frederick just makes him run laps and starts acting like a drill sergeant. :P

I mean, that's seriousness played for the sake of humor, and they don't go out of their way to keep this "cool" image of Frederick at all times, let alone most. His supports with Panne and the occasional mention of his dislike for bear meat also depicts him acting humorous, to mention some more examples. Much different from Ike and Innes's deal, so it's not hard to see how Frederick has a goofy side, even if it's not intended on his part. In Ike's case, he acts more like the snarky one with not too many of humorous instances humiliating him that I remember; one I can remember is Soren of all people making jokes about how Aimee's affection for Ike got him a great item, and saying that in front of Ike.

@DefyingFates Eirika and Innes's supports, I believe.

14 minutes ago, Mau said:

IS please don't do that to my wallet, I am begging you. Anything for a banner I don't care about, anything.

Can relate because I'll be going for 6 total Halloween Heroes already =___=

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd go for this since I care for no one in this one, despite Myrrh being cute.

Additionally, I kinda feel like Kagero's the odd one out who doesn't really scream Halloween and I don't foresee most players who aren't already her fans going for her. So there's potential they might want to do another banner with the theme, IMO

Hopefully without so many armors but then again the Summer Banners this year was just them throwing mounts at us

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, that's seriousness played for the sake of humor, and they don't go out of their way to keep this "cool" image of Frederick at all times, let alone most. His supports with Panne and the occasional mention of his dislike for bear meat also depicts him acting humorous, to mention some more examples. Much different from Ike and Innes's deal, so it's not hard to see how Frederick has a goofy side, even if it's not intended on his part. In Ike's case, he acts more like the snarky one with not too many of humorous instances humiliating him that I remember; one I can remember is Soren of all people making jokes about how Aimee's affection for Ike got him a great item, and saying that in front of Ike.

For the sake of entertaining the player, yes. But for Frederick, just as you said, it isn't intended on his part, so for him, it's just seriousness. Just how I see it. I've laughed at a few lines from Ike though, mostly in RD. But yeah.

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Additionally, I kinda feel like Kagero's the odd one out who doesn't really scream Halloween and I don't foresee most players who aren't already her fans going for her. So there's potential they might want to do another banner with the theme, IMO

Yeah, she's just maid Kagero, not really Halloween Kagero. Not appealing at all, imo.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, she's just maid Kagero, not really Halloween Kagero. Not appealing at all, imo.

Except if you're like me and are obsessed with maids and butlers.

18 minutes ago, Jave said:

(with the sole exception of Bride Sanaki which I prefer to think as a Flower Girl)

Is it wrong to dress up a kid as a bride for Halloween, then? They're clearly dressed up as brides for a festival, which is pretty much no different than putting on costumes for Halloween.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nothing wrong with dressing up as a maid for Halloween.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

I saw that all of Halloween Myrrh's art had been uploaded; is there any way you can see the other three's?

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/812/1812471/

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

I saw that all of Halloween Myrrh's art had been uploaded; is there any way you can see the other three's?

It can be found here. Usually the site shows the artwork after the trailer, except the Summer banner for some reason.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/812/1812471/

I find it funny last year people were complaining about the lack of armors. 

And this year, we get armors including seasonal armors. And we start bitching. Congratulations FE fandom, you did it again. 

I’m glad we have been getting some seasonal armors. We’ve been getting a decent mix of units with seasonals in general. Cavalry, fliers, infantry, armors. All with unique combinations we will never really see with normal units. Makes it fun for team builds and all that. 

As for Kagero not being “Halloween” themed. What says she isn’t? Halloween costumes aren’t just the a typical vampire, zombie, witch, mummy, etc. People wear a lot of different costumes to parties. And considering she is hammered, that’s probably where she is at. Also kind of explains why she is an armor. She’s drunk af. 

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's right. Halloween is about costumes, not only scary costumes... There are some kids with Super Heroes costumes, for exemple.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, but you've got Myrrh, Mia, Niles, and Dorcas (presumably) dressing up as monsters, devils, witches, etc. Then there's Kagero who's a...maid. Doesn't really stand out as much as the others imo.

The one thing I applaud about this banner is the variety of games they took characters from. Even if two are still 3DS.

Edited by Anacybele

There's nothing wrong with Kagero being a maid, I'm actually fine with costumes that aren't all monster-themed (as I mentioned in the silhouette thread), she just stands out a lot compared to the other three who are traditionally Halloween themed. Sakura wasn't a traditional costume either but she still fit with the others. Given that there's a Maid Class, Kagero just comes off as that (especially since she's in that game) rather than being in costume so I find her a little less appealing if you're not a fan of Kagero or Maids in general.

If they did do another Halloween themed banner, they could add more "no-so-traditionally-Halloween" Heroes that would make her feel like she stands out a bit less, IMO~

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is it wrong to dress up a kid as a bride for Halloween, then? They're clearly dressed up as brides for a festival, which is pretty much no different than putting on costumes for Halloween.

In that context I’m fine with it, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t bothered by some of its implications. We all know about that. We all remember the huge discussion that happened here when Bride Sanaki was revealed, and I really don’t want to open that can of worms again. That was just a quick footnote in my post, and I would like to keep it at that. 

Edited by Jave

7 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I find it funny last year people were complaining about the lack of armors. 

And this year, we get armors including seasonal armors. And we start bitching. Congratulations FE fandom, you did it again. 

That is probably a vocal minority. I think most do not really care.

If it is a unit players like, hurray! They can summon and use them.

If it is not, hurray too! More Orbs to save, and with more Orbs, the player will be more likely to obtain their favorite character when they do get released.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

That is probably a vocal minority. I think most do not really care.

If it is a unit players like, hurray! They can summon and use them.

If it is not, hurray too! More Orbs to save, and with more Orbs, the player will be more likely to obtain their favorite character when they do get released.

That’s my opinion overall with FeH. If it’s a unit I don’t care much about, I can just save the orbs for when one I do like comes up. I’m up to 810 orbs by just....not worrying about most banners and only going for what I like or want. 

And yeah, it’s definitely a vocal minority, it’s just a very vocal minority when it comes to the fandom lol.