So I'm Technically Homeless Now

TheGoodHoms

So as some of you may have noticed I've changed my location from Minnesota to North Carolina, that's because I live here now. As of right now we don't have a house picked out so we're living in a hotel with an extended stay rate, but because of this I don't have a permanent address and it's made life... interesting. I can't get a North Carolina driver's licence with out one so I'm told to treat my Minnesota one like I'm on an extended vacation and I had to get a PO Box to start applying for jobs and for applying to colleges. I'm sure this is only the beginning of many weird bumps and hiccups that comes with doing seemingly basic tasks in modern life without an address since I'll most likely be stuck here for about another month until we settle on a house agreement, which for the uninformed actually takes quite a bit more time than you would think. But don't worry about me too much, I'm still plenty comfortable at the moment and I don't expect to be otherwise anytime soon.

Feel free to share your experiences moving out of state here as well.

16 minutes ago, Raven said:

why did you move before having a new residence settled for yourself

Well my dad had to move down ahead of us to start working at his new job(which we are very grateful for) and he didn't really have a lot of time to house hunt on his own since it's a management position. Our old house also sold in a week after going on the market so we spent the month of September packing everything up and moving out so that the new owner could move in. So now we're all together again and we should have a house picked out within the next week, maybe two weeks if need be.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

29 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Well this sounds stressful, but at least you're sure you can have a place in a week or two.

It takes some additional time to sort out the contracts for the purchase so it's going to be more than two weeks to actually move in, but I'll survive. It's kinda stressful, but I also get a lot of free time to relax since I'm unemployed at the moment so I wouldn't say it's a difficult situation to be in.

Good luck!

I moved state earlier this year and in some ways it was tougher than when I moved countries! Trying to get my car’s new license plate was a real headache. I learned very quickly that the various state governments do not communicate whatsoever.