Thoughts on Cecilia from FE 6?

Guest DodgeTanking101

2 minutes ago, SMEDIA said:

I’m guessing Mangs was paying attention to this topic, because he posted this video:

Maybe not, his friend Mekkah recently made a Waifu video about her.

Let's see here...

She arrives at a bad time being in a desert chapter which hinders her movement. Her combat is trash at best but then she's a staffbot who can hold on until niime. Somehow builds a romantic relationship with Roy instead of Percival for reasons unknown and can't even put a dent on Zephiel and yet has managed to block his army that she can't actually deal with in the end? And a prepromote which already stops her from growing further and she needs to grow further. At this point, besides magic, I'd stick with Saul or any Sage who can do better.

Poor excuse of a character. No backgrounds, she has almost no childhood friends except I guess Percival? But then again, this is Fe6..a game that has an almost forgettable cast.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, she's fine. Being a prepromote with a horse that can use staves makes her useful, especially if you didn't bother training Clarine. She also has a good Anima Rank so she can deal some good damage with the Aircalibur.

As for her character in general, its not something too amazing nor bad. She's likeable at least, and has enjoyable to read supports.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, SMEDIA said:

I’m guessing Mangs was paying attention to this topic, because he posted this video:

Gonna watch this later then.

• 4 weeks later...

She is not very good fighter, but she is one of best characters in game. 

As for Roy x Cecilia. I don't find it unsettling at least. He might be fifteen while FE6, but he is fifteen who leads army and do international politics and Cecilia while she continue advice him not just threat him as fulfledged adult, but also willing follow his order given his position. 

• 1 month later...

She is great for chip damage and staff utility. Other then that, I typically struggle to find a use for her. It also doesn't help that she joins in a desert map which she is basically unusable in. Also her base stats aren't really anything special for a pre promote.

I feel she should have joined in the next chapter with slightly better base stats.

Best second healer in the game until Niime joins, which is pretty good utility if you ask me. No matter on which one of the three early staffers you focus XP-wise, Cecilia will always be the best option if you want to field another one, which is often a good idea in FE6. Horse utility and the ability to deal some decent chip damage only adds to her utility.

• 3 months later...

Decent pre-promoted magic unit.

Has a moment in the sun when challenging Zephiel and making Bern need him to come because of her.

I don't mind the mentor-student angle at all. He's 15, and I saw somewhere she was around 21-26 herself. Not that much difference, and while it wasn't common, it did happen sometimes throughout history for a young heir to marry an older woman, specially since nobles have to consider the whole politic angle.

• 2 months later...

A very VERY good pre-promote in the game, simply for having a horse and staff utility imbued into it.

If you can't bring anyone because they're too weak or something, just bring Cecilia, you have no idea how useful having someone that can heal with 8 mov which can also chip for your stronger units.

But don't forget, chip is the last thing you should try to do with her, she's no combat unit, No sire. If there's nobody that you can heal or  you are one of those "life-or-death" situations that if you don't chip, one of your units might gonna die, then go for it, if not then just go heal or do anything else like rescue or something between those lines.

• 1 month later...