Myrrh, Spooky Monster

Ice Dragon

Myrrh, Spooky Monster

Following right on Tiki's heels, the second trainee dragon armor to be released doesn't disappoint in performance or d'aw levels of adorable. Like Tiki, Myrrh has the same disadvantages from being a melee armor and a dragon on top of that, but unlike Tiki, Myrrh's stat distribution sacrificed her Spd stat to gain higher values in all four of her other stats.

But it doesn't stop there. Myrrh's exclusive weapon skill, Spirit Breath, is the player-phase analogue to her uncostumed version's Great Flame. Instead of blocking enemy follow-ups based on a Def check, it grants Myrrh follow-ups of her own when initiating based on a Def check. Just like her normal version, this allows her to ignore her low Spd stat altogether and let her Def stat do double duty, boosting both her follow-up potential and her bulk.

With a massive 40 base neutral Def and an additional 3 Def bonus from Spirit Breath, Myrrh has an effective Spd stat comparable to the fastest sword users on player phase, but retains her ability to take enemy follow-up attacks on enemy phase to charge up stronger Special skills.

Level 40 stats:

HP: 43/46/49
Atk: 35/38/42
Spd: 20/23/27
Def: 36/40/43
Res: 29/32/35

Total: 178~180

Default skills:

Weapon: Spirit Breath
Assist: [none]
Special: Bonfire
Passive A: Def/Res 2
Passive B: Vengeful Fighter 3
Passive C: Armor March 3

Special Fighter (optimal)
General use, Arena offense, Arena defense

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Spd] / [+Def, -Spd]

Spirit Breath
Swap / Reposition / Pivot
Ignis / Aether
Distant Counter
Special Fighter 3
Armor March 3 / [flexible]
Quick Riposte 3

This build focuses on Spirit Breath's effect of using Myrrh's massive Def as her follow-up check on player phase, allowing her to use Special Fighter instead of Bold Fighter.

Her optimal natures are [+Atk, -Spd] and [+Def, -Spd]. Her performance between the two options are similar and depend on the availability of buffs for herself and her opponent.

Ignis is the most powerful Special skill at her disposal, clocking in at 34 damage with neutral Def, but Aether can also be used for Arena scoring or if a sustain option is necessary.

Vengeful Fighter (budget)
General use, Arena offense, Arena defense

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Spd] / [+Def, -Spd]

Spirit Breath
Swap / Reposition / Pivot
Bonfire / Moonbow
Distant Counter / Sturdy Blow 2 / Armored Blow 3
Vengeful Fighter 3
Armor March 3 / [flexible]
Close Def 3 / Heavy Blade 3 / Atk/Def 2

This build uses Myrrh's default Vengeful Fighter in conjunction with Spirit Breath's effect to provide her with a follow-up attack on either phase.

Her optimal natures are [+Atk, -Spd] and [+Def, -Spd]. Her performance between the two options are similar and depend on the availability of buffs for herself and her opponent.

Bonfire is the optimal choice when running Heavy Blade 3, allowing her to have a good chance at landing it on her second attack on either phase.

Moonbow gives her a reliable Special for player phase without Heavy Blade, but wastes one hit's worth of Special charge on enemy phase.

Distant Counter is the preferred passive A skill for general use, but Sturdy Blow 2 and Armored Blow 3 can be used as more budget-friendly options or when using a player-phase-centered build.

Other options:

• Fury 3 is an option for the passive A slot that boosts all of her stats on both phases, but not as much as Sturdy Blow 2 or Armored Blow 3 and has the drawback of taking additional damage after combat.

• 3 weeks later...

Good job on this. I got a -Def +Res one in the the "second" account which is bad considering her weapon and Spd. I summoner supported her but what else can I do to help her a bit? I still have not done the free cyl2 summon if that helps with fodder or teammates?

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Good job on this. I got a -Def +Res one in the the "second" account which is bad considering her weapon and Spd. I summoner supported her but what else can I do to help her a bit? I still have not done the free cyl2 summon if that helps with fodder or teammates?

Legendary Tiki is probably her best teammate since both of them can run buffs that buff both themselves and their adjacent allies, but that's probably not an option if you don't have her already since she won't be back on a banner for a few more months.

If you aren't running Distant Counter in her A slot, Sturdy Blow or Armored Blow can help compensate somewhat. There's also the Atk/Def Sacred Seal, though that'd be Sacred Coins spent specifically on Myrrh since there aren't many other units that would want the skill. You can also use Fortress Def, which effectively behaves as Defense +1 on a [+Res, -Atk] Myrrh. Other teammates with Def Tactic or Fortify Armor can also help a bit.

You also have the option of running her with a more enemy-phase focus by just relying on her default Vengeful Fighter and only bothering with player phase against lower-Def enemies that you actually can double. If you don't see a lot of armors in the Arena, you can probably still get by even without trying to boost her Def by much.