Which of the Orignal 8 will you use first?

Jedi

OG8  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which character first?

My friend and I are already committed to our day one team of Kirby/Pikachu, with me being Pika so that's our launch day plan. Dunno how serious I'll be in continuing with Pikachu since the only game where I like playing him was 64, and he looks a little broken in ultimate. But we may morph our team into Pichu/Pikachu and that would be fun.

Edited by Glennstavos

It's going to depend on what the primary mode for the game is (Spirits or whatever it turns out to be), but either Yoshi, the first character I ever played in Smash, or Samus, the only one I used in Smash 4.

I'm sword-user trash, so I go for Link.  He was a main for me for a time anyway, so he works.

Fascinating that he seems to be so ridiculously popular as a first choice.  Is he high in tier lists?

40 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm sword-user trash, so I go for Link.  He was a main for me for a time anyway, so he works.

Fascinating that he seems to be so ridiculously popular as a first choice.  Is he high in tier lists?

Mid or Lower, but he's popular to use casually.

Link's been my best dude for most of the games, so of course I'll keep using him. It'll take some getting used to the changes too so I'm glad I have him around right off the bat.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Link. Surprised he's not winning by a landslide, like I've seen him do in other polls of this sort for Ultimate.

You can tell I made this when the poll only had a bit over half a dozen posts total

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

The first part of your post answered your question; as much as a vocal group of Smash fans beat their hate drum over "too many swords", swordies tend to be popular casually.

Mario, I guess. In fighting games I tend to use characters that are balanced and Mario was my main in Smash 4 so it will be interesting to see if he is just as good in that game or if they nerfed him down some.