Jump to content
indigoasis

The new JoJo Part 5 OP and ED are pretty good

Recommended Posts

I dunno if y'all watch JoJo, but that new opening is fresh. I'm really excited to see how Part 5 does. I've also been enjoying some of the extra scenes that are being added to the anime that weren't in the manga (as far as I know and remember).

Spoiler

 

The ending caught me off guard at first, but it's actually pretty smooth.

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also surprised they didn't go with Gangsta's Paradise for the ending theme.  Maybe they thought it was too obvious?

If they do change it at some point, like when it gets closer to the end, maybe it or The Court of the Crimson King could show up there instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As unknown freek'n you is, it makes a weird amount of sense.

what with the general gay vibes of part 5, also gangsta's paradise probably costs way too much to license.

so there's that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

If they do change it at some point, like when it gets closer to the end, maybe it or The Court of the Crimson King could show up there instead.

What part of The Court of the Crimson King were you thinking, cause the song is nearly 8 minutes long afterall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Francie said:

What part of The Court of the Crimson King were you thinking, cause the song is nearly 8 minutes long afterall.

I honestly don't know.  I was thinking the first verse, but it's been a while since I've heard the song in its entirety, what with it being nearly impossible to find the original album versions of many King Crimson songs on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I honestly don't know.  I was thinking the first verse, but it's been a while since I've heard the song in its entirety, what with it being nearly impossible to find the original album versions of many King Crimson songs on YouTube.

Yeah fair enough, i've been trying to find the original version of 21'st century schizoid man for far too long, since spotify only has the remastered remix.

My guess, if I were to put my hat in the mix. Would be the beginning and editing it to end at the flute section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fighting Gold is definitely a contender for OP of the year. The song, the visuals, it's amazing. There's also an official English version of the song, just like Great Days. Hopefully this is a new trend and hopefully we get a UNITS version of whatever the last OP for Part 5 is.

Regarding the English version of Fighting Gold, i was legitimately unprepared to hear Coda sing in English, even though i knew that it was coming. I also can't make out half of what he's saying.

As for the ED.....the song fits (even if i'm not really a fan of it) but the visuals are super lazy. It's just a slide show of the characters and Stands going from right to left across a pretty background. 

1 hour ago, Francie said:

What part of The Court of the Crimson King were you thinking, cause the song is nearly 8 minutes long afterall.

Didn't stop them from using Roundabout for Parts 1 and 2.

If i remember correctly, they would use different parts of the song each time. They could just do the same for The Court of the Crimson King.

I don't know if they would though, as unlike the OPs, the ED never changes song-wise aside from Part 3, as it was split into two seasons and thus had two EDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As for the ED.....the song fits (even if i'm not really a fan of it) but the visuals are super lazy. It's just a slide show of the characters and Stands going from right to left across a pretty background. 

I wouldn't say that's anything new for jojo, since parts 1, 2 and 3 all had static slideshow ED's. but its a shame they didn't do a part 4 and had that beautiful ED

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If i remember correctly, they would use different parts of the song each time. They could just do the same for The Court of the Crimson King.

Which part of the song do you think would end up used, as a curious onlooker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Francie said:

I wouldn't say that's anything new for jojo, since parts 1, 2 and 3 all had static slideshow ED's. but its a shame they didn't do a part 4 and had that beautiful ED

Even then, they got creative with it. It makes Part 5's ED look lazy in comparison. There's nothing interesting going on. 

13 minutes ago, Francie said:

Which part of the song do you think would end up used, as a curious onlooker?

Well, definitely the first part. Iirc, there's also a part of the song that's instrumental and Roundabout used that once so maybe they'll do the same if they use The Court of the Crimson King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Opening is really a contender for me this season. Coda really did a step up. 
I guess only Goblin Slayer opening can compare according to my tastes this season. 

At least this season is a really good treat. D= After the sleep summer season.

Edited by Stroud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...