Who do you think should be in the next batch of Blazing Blade heroes?

Fire Emblem Fan

Inspired by GrandeRampel's Genealogy topic (which you can find here: CLICK ME!), I decided to do this one since Blazing Blade (that is, FE 7) is my favorite game in the series. No, I don't think BB should be the next banner on the 23rd or November 9th, there's a couple other games that should get a banner first, such as Binding Blade, Thracia, or Tellius. But for whenever we do get another Blazing Blade banner, who do you think should be on it?

Rules:
-Assume 3 characters on the banner, 1 GHB, and 1 TT
-No alts
-I realize it might be difficult coming up with much of a themed banner given the characters that still have to be added to the game, but please try to be at least semi-realistic

I think the next batch of Blazing Blade heroes should be Isadora, Heath, and Renault on the banner, Vaida as the GHB, and Harken as the TT unit. There are a great many prominent characters still not in the game, such as Nils, Pent, and Nergal, but I feel like all of them are for sure gonna get into the game sooner rather than later. So, I want them to dig a bit deeper into the cast.

Isadora would be a sword cavalry unit and the star of the banner, the female they buff up to draw attention to the banner. Heath would be a lance wyvern unit and possible co-star due to lack of lance wyverns in the regular summoning pool, and Renault would be a colorless staff unit and the most likely to demote. These three are together because Isadora and Heath are recruited on the same chapter, and Renault is connected to Isadora through some surprisingly deep support conversations.

Vaida could fit as the GHB unit due to her connection to Heath, and it sort of fits with her character in BB as she started out as an enemy in the story before reluctantly joining you. She'd also likely be another lance wyvern. Harken is obviously connected to Isadora as the two are lovers, and he could slide into the TT slot without much fuss thanks to there already being so many infantry sword units in the regular summoning pool already.

Rath:the rarity of his class alone will get people's attention. Will probably want to give him high atk and def dumping spd and res to differentiate him from B!Lyn. He could also introduce the Short Bow, which could be the wo dao bow.

Marcus:Axe cav that tanks spd for respectable mixed bulk to seperate him from Titania and Freddy. Could also introduce a Berkut/Reprisal type weapon for axes since they don't have any.

Other than that i can't say i care. FE6's class system doesn't leave much room for unique typing and outside of that straight powercreep and really unique prfs are how you stand out. Maybe throw in a Florina alt since her fans aren't terribly happy with her base form and she's a popular character

Edited by colossus86

Biased, unrealistic picks - Fiora, Louise (the demote), Isadora with a Leila TT reward and a Nergal GHB I guess (even I admit he’s overdue)

Unbiased, realistic picks - Nils, Heath (the demote), Louise with a Rath TT reward and a Nergal GHB

Edited by SilvertheShadow

I think BS will get a 4-man banner next, not 3... But in the context of this post, Erk will be the TT.  My guesses are:

• Nils (5*)
  • Pent (5*) 
  • Louise (5*)
  • Erk (TT/4* Demote)
  • Nergal (GHB)

In the context of just 3-man banner, I can see them doing something like dropping Nils to keep Louise/Pent together. The 4* demote will be Fiora/Farina and TT will be the missing peg sister (Fiora/Farina) too.

14 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Biased, unrealistic picks - Fiora, Louise (the demote), Isadora with a Leila TT reward and a Nergal GHB I guess (even I admit he’s overdue)

Louise should be the demote, but I'm pretty sure the Mangs vote brigade has made sure Louise will stay 5 star locked. She scored even better than Pent, despite not being as popular as him (evident in CYL1). 

I'd probably go with 

Louise - Colored Archer, maybe Green, spd and res focus

Pent - Blue mage with good all around stats

Erk (the demote) - Red mage with a spd and def focus

GHB - Nergal - Colorless mage, I just kinda want to see that be a thing. 

TT - Athos - Either a staff user, but more likely some tome user with a focus on high magical strength (probably blue).

A secondary idea of mine is a cavalier focused banner. Although it is very redundant, I tried to mitigate this by giving most of the cavs a niche/focus.

Kent - Red sword horse, spd focused

Sain - Blue lance horse, Str focused

Lowen (probably the demote) - Green axe horse, Def focused.

TT - Isadora, Red sword horse, Res focused

GHB - Marcus, Blue lance Cavalry, balanced stats

Edited by DarthR0xas

This is more what I expect to see, but:

Banner: Pent (Red Tome Infantry, demote), Nils (Blue Breath Infantry), Louise (Colorless Bow Infantry)
TT: Fiora (Lance Flying)
GHB: Nergal (Red Tome Infantry)

22 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Another banner:

Summonable: Kent, Sain, Wil

TT: Wallace

GHB: Lundgren

Banner with no females = completely unrealistic.

Louise - Colorless bow infantry. The big seller. 5 skills and a solid stat line.
Pent - Blue tome infantry. The middle one. 5 skills and a good stat line.
Isadora - Sword cavalry. The demote. 4 skills and average stats.

Harken - Axe infantry. TT reward.

Sonia - Green tome infantry. GHB reward.

I tried to keep it semi-realistic while also being something I'd enjoy seeing.

Edited by Florete

-Louise as some color of archer. Since Flora shown me that New Heroes can have gimmicky weapon types as well and it's not just Legendary and Seasonal heroes.

- Wallace as an Axe Armor. Yeah we've got a lot of axe armors in the game, but very few are canonical axe armors that also aren't some alt of Hector. If we're going to get more armors down the line in New Hero Banners, most of 'em are going to have to be lance units and that will get repetitive. He can also be the easy demote that makes armor march more available.

Nils as a manakete dancer. No personal preference on his color

-Pent as the green or blue mage TT unit. You gotta have a familial or romantic relationship between the free unit and pullable unit since many players are suckers for completing such pairings, thus allowing Louise to make more money for them.

Nergal as the red tome GHB. Make this guy a red mage armor if you want him to stand out against the three other red mage infantry GHBs.

Yeah I'm missing Lyn's three retainers but looking at previous trends of New Heroes banners I can't see those three guys showing up in the next FE7 banner, unless they wanted them beside a new Lyn alt which is definitely possible but this thread says no alts allowed.

38 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I do too and I actually really want that but there would be sooooooooooo much backlash.

Well in the future when time has passed. Sometime next year. A Mani Katti Lyn would be nice because the only sword Lyn has gen 1 BST and has been power crept. Lyn has gotten a ton of alts but none of them use swords even though her sword fighting skills are more iconic than her bow skills. Also, her sword animations are cooler. 

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Banner with no females = completely unrealistic.

That's why in reality, this banner will have a Lyn alt to sell it. It is thematically fitting and we still don't have the Mani Katti in the game. Plus that's what she wielded in Lyn campaign where she has these characters under her command. 

Back on topic.

Summonable: Lowen, Marcus and Isadora. 

TT: Oswin

GHB: Harken

My guesses:

Pent: red infantry mage. Now, before you go ripping into me for "yet another male red mage", hear me out. Pent is notorious for his join chapter's scenario, where to get the gaiden, you have to "save the fragile mage surrounded by enemies" - except in reality, you're actually trying to prevent the "fragile" mage from taking all the exp. Pent joins with an Elfire tome, which also nudges him red, but that's not the real reason why I chose red. The real reason is because FEH!Pent stands a good chance at being the red equivalent to Ishtar's blue and Lewyn's green. Making Pent blue or green means he has to contend with these two; making him red means he fits the pattern they set. Does this mean IS'll have to make up a prf for him? Probably. 

Louise: I'm not sure what they could give Louise to make her stand out. A Link skill in B seems apt, but then, perhaps that would look too similar to Nina? Whatever the case may be, her kit had better be cohesive with Pent's. Perhaps IS could make her a coloured bow - I'm imagining blue.

Renault: An interesting character whom I could see getting demoted, continuing IS's trend of adding desirable fodder into the colourless pool. He'd have a pretty odd statline, too; physically tanky, and with a rather low attack stat for a post-2017 new unit, but unlike Azama, he'd also be pretty fast. If Louise isn't made into a coloured bow, he would act to pitybreak people chasing after her. He would also work thematically with...  

The GHB will have either Sonia, Limstella, or Nergal, with my primary guess being Nergal if and only if Nils is a 4th on the banner (with Nils being the same colour as Louise? Lol). 

I think Pent and Louise are a must. I'd like Nils but I do think they may go with Erk instead. If they want a second female character, then I'd personally want Leila just because I always wanted her to be playable in FE7. It would probably be Fiora or Farina though.

GHB... my biased pick is Limstella with Bolting, my semi-realistic pick is Sonia with Fimbulvetr (I say semi-realistic because all the Black Fang adults have been GHB but she screams whale bait), and my actual guess is Nergal. Nothing against the guy but I'd be much more excited for the morphs.

TT should be Rath. He should've been added a long time ago. I think a free bow cavalier would be appreciated. 

With all that said I'll propose two banners like in the Fe4 thread.

First, Pent, Louise, Fiora, GHB Limstella, TT Rath

Second, Nils, Sonia, Farina, GHB Nergal, TT Leila/Erk if Leila is too much to hope for :(

Lets go with a flyer emblem banner:

Farina, Fiora and Heath, with Vaida as GHB, and Eleanora (Eliwood's mom, and yeah its a longshot, w/ alts I would pick Florina or possibly Lyn) as a flying healer TT

Edit: I wanted to add a few more themed banners

Heroes of Pharea: Lowen, young Bartre, Isadora with Harken as GHB and Marcus as TT

Heroes of Ostia and Sacae ( I know weird mix but both would need alts for a full roster otherwise)

Oswin, Rath, and Guy, with Uhai as GHB and Leila as TT

The with alt versions:

Heroes of Sacae:

Rath, Guy, alt Lyn (Wander of the plains Flying on Florina's Pegasus with the Mani Katti) Uhai as GHB and alt Karla (Protective mother Karla infantry w/ staff)

Heroes of Ostia:

Oswin, alt Matthew (Vengeful Spy, infantry with a colored dagger with art depicting him as an assassin), alt Serra (Beloved Bishop, infantry with Blue magic), with Uther as GHB and Leila as TT

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
I wanted to add to it without double post

Pent - Red flying mage because we need one in the regular pool.

Rath - Obvious niche, but if they want to replace him with horse Louise for profit, whatever, they'd do the same thing.

Nils - Also obvious. If he has the be blue, let him fly to complete flying dragon emblem.

Fiora - Give her an axe because the game is lacking speedy axe fliers. Obvious demote.

Fargus - GHB grey armoured breath (Ale Breath)

Merlinus - TT reward. FEH's first 0-move unit, but acts as a Valor skill for all weapon types. Also comes with Live for Honor+Bounty because why not.

Edited by Humanoid

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Inspired by GrandeRampel's Genealogy topic (which you can find here: CLICK ME!), I decided to do this one since Blazing Blade (that is, FE 7) is my favorite game in the series. No, I don't think BB should be the next banner on the 23rd or November 9th, there's a couple other games that should get a banner first, such as Binding Blade, Thracia, or Tellius. But for whenever we do get another Blazing Blade banner, who do you think should be on it?

Oho! Did I start a trend? *w* Thanks for the credit, man. I appreciate it.

So to answer the question. I'll have to go with Pent ans Louise too. Not original, but I feel like it wouldn't make sense to pick anyone else. The third unit in the banner will be Sonia, who can then be demoted to 4* to join her daughter in the "very strong mages you can pull as 4* star pull". The TT reward will be Erk, because of his connection to Pent.

The GHB can be Uhai, to finally complete the Black Fang (unless they also make Lloyd's dad playable). I guess they could also go with a morph due to their connection to Sonia. It could go either way. If they go with a morph they will obviously choose the one that has a message from Lord Nergal Limstella.

33 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Pent - Red flying mage because we need one in the regular pool.

Rath - Obvious niche, but if they want to replace him with horse Louise for profit, whatever, they'd do the same thing.

Nils - Also obvious. If he has the be blue, let him fly to complete flying dragon emblem.

Fiora - Give her an axe because the game is lacking speedy axe fliers. Obvious demote.

Fargus - GHB grey armoured breath (Ale Breath)

Merlinus - TT reward. FEH's first 0-move unit, but acts as a Valor skill for all weapon types. Also comes with Live for Honor+Bounty because why not.

???? I can't tell if you are serious or not. Every character is in a class they didn't have access to in BB, or has a weapon they couldn't use. And a 0-move unit...

If you are joking, that's the proof I don't understand humor.

26 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

???? I can't tell if you are serious or not. Every character is in a class they didn't have access to in BB, or has a weapon they couldn't use. And a 0-move unit...

If you are joking, that's the proof I don't understand humor.

I thought it was serious despite being completely ridiculous until Fargus. That one just gives it away as a joke.

I actually do like the idea for Merlinus, though. Would never happen, but would be cool and about as close to matching his role in his games as you can get for FEH.

Pent for being relatively popular and a battlegod(Don't treat him like Cannas!)

Nils for being one of the most important characters in the game and NOT a dragon loli. 

A villain, an actual villain rather than a Camus or a small fry like Ursula. Either Nergal or Sonia should do the trick. 

As said many times before: Pent and Louise for sure. Would like Pent to be a blue mage simply cause I lack those haha. Don't really care about which color Louise is, though I still do prefer colorless bows.

Not sure who the third would be. Nils would def be a good pick, would really love him as a dancer on my team of bby dragons. I guess blue would make sense for him but we already have a blue dragon dancer so would prefer him to be green then.

Rath is another one I would really like. I like the suggestion of him as a TT reward, cause a free bow cavalry would def be appreciated. Though that might also mean he sucks as happens often with TT units so not sure ^^; Would also really like to see Leila, if that happens I could also imagine her as a TT unit.

As for the GHB, I would really love Limstella personally. I guess blue would make the most sense for them, though that would make for two blue mages with Pent so not sure.

So in summary:
Banner: Pent, Louise, Nils (blue, colorless, green)
TT: Rath or Leila (colorless)
GHB: Limstella (blue?)

Edited by Mau

4 hours ago, Florete said:

Louise - Colorless bow infantry. The big seller. 5 skills and a solid stat line.
Pent - Blue tome infantry. The middle one. 5 skills and a good stat line.
Isadora - Sword cavalry. The demote. 4 skills and average stats.

Harken - Axe infantry. TT reward.

Sonia - Green tome infantry. GHB reward.

I tried to keep it semi-realistic while also being something I'd enjoy seeing.

I’ll be completely fine with this set-up and don’t really have anything to add or remove. Please, Intsys, make Isadorable happen.
Sonia, too. Sonia must bring Fimbulvetr in some shape or form.

I’d expect Pent to be red because of the Elfire he starts with but it’s St-Elimine-damned Pent, he can come with whatever he wishes to come with.

Edited by Vaximillian