Amelia versus Eliwood

Hanes

Some dude on FB challenges me and I told him it's easier to argue and debate here than there so just ignore or grab popcorn. 

Two controversial units in a deathmatch and maybe funny jokes if we know what sarcasm is go!

And yeah they're from 2 distinct games but I don't care they have similarities that allows us to compare them.

We can grind in both.
Both games have weak lategames so whatever

EDIT1: Or not he is a coward

Edited by Critical Sniper

Like. Eliwood's not great, but he's not even remotely in contention for worst unit in his game.

Amelia's straight up dogshit. Eliwood also gets a prf weapon that does extra damage to every single one of Amelia's promotions bar Super Trainee.

If they're both 20/20, since grinding is a thing, neither will double the other(Unless Eliwood wields something of 11 weight or more and Amelia doesn't wield anything higher than her con), and neither has WTA against the other in any particular situation. Eliwood, being slightly beefier(Depending on Amelia's promotion. He's about equal with GK Amelia, slightly less beefy than General Amelia, slightly beefier than Paladin Amelia) and having a Rapier means he'll win eventually.

Amelia could use the Horseslayer, in which case she'll have the advantage, but it probably comes down to who attacks first.

Edited by Slumber

12 minutes ago, squid4001 said:

Eliwood could too since he uses swords and lances.

If they're both using the Horseslayer, Eliwood actually gets doubled by General Amelia(His 23 speed and 9 con vs. her 11 con and 25 speed with a 13 weight weapon. His effective speed is 19 in this case, her's is 23). He loses that one. He'd go toe to toe with GK and Paladin, since for whatever stupid reason, all of Amelia's promoted classes cap at 25 speed and General is the only one that lets her wield such a heavy weapon while breaking into doubling territory with the con boosts.

His best bet would to use a Rapier, since he'd actually double Paladin Amelia using a Horseslayer, and nothing Amelia uses would let her double him beyond a Brave Lance.

EDIT: How this "Fight" is structured also matters. Amelia's best bet is as a General, since it's her most powerful class and the biggest issue with that class, movement, doesn't matter if they're just fighting as if they're in the Link Arena. If it's a big map and healing items are on the table, Eliwood can just poke and retreat safely. Amelia would have a tough time ever getting a killing blow in this case, and she'd never be able to get away from Eliwood. Then her best bet would be Paladin, where she's just straight up worse than Eliwood. GK wouldn't fare much better.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, DarthR0xas said:

I'll debate you, I assume he picked Amelia and you picked Eliwood,

That's very generous of you but it's not the same as rekking someone who is actually an Amelia fan

I'm not gonna even consider the Great Shield skill for Amelia since it procs whenever you don't need it.

But I think it's a win for "Elimadera". If Amelia is a General, she would get doubled with a Rapier from Great Lord Eliwood and if she decides for a cavalier route, then things aren't that good for her except for movement.

For the record, I like both characters.

19 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

If Amelia is a General, she would get doubled with a Rapier from Great Lord Eliwood

Amelia's at her fastest as a General, actually. She hits her 25 speed cap in every line, and General gives her the biggest con. She'll have the largest access to weapons effective against Eliwood while still staying within 4 AS of him as a General.

Edited by Slumber

On 10/14/2018 at 7:33 PM, Slumber said:

If they're both using the Horseslayer, Eliwood actually gets doubled by General Amelia(His 23 speed and 9 con vs. her 11 con and 25 speed with a 13 weight weapon. His effective speed is 19 in this case, her's is 23). He loses that one. He'd go toe to toe with GK and Paladin, since for whatever stupid reason, all of Amelia's promoted classes cap at 25 speed and General is the only one that lets her wield such a heavy weapon while breaking into doubling territory with the con boosts.

His best bet would to use a Rapier, since he'd actually double Paladin Amelia using a Horseslayer, and nothing Amelia uses would let her double him beyond a Brave Lance

ok but what about paladin or great knight Amelia with horse slayer vs eliwood with horse slayer?

6 minutes ago, squid4001 said:

ok but what about paladin or great knight Amelia with horse slayer vs eliwood with horse slayer?

Paladin Amelia has 21 AS vs Eliwood's 19 in this case, and GK Amelia has 22 VS 19. Neither can double Eliwood like General Amelia can in this situation. 

Eliwood straight up wins in these cases due to his extra bulk and greater strength. 

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Paladin Amelia has 21 AS vs Eliwood's 19 in this case, and GK Amelia has 22 VS 19. Neither can double Eliwood like General Amelia can in this situation. 

Eliwood straight up wins in these cases due to his extra bulk and greater strength. 

ok, thank you this is what I meant in the original post.

On 10/14/2018 at 7:30 PM, squid4001 said:

Eliwood could too since he uses swords and lances.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:12 PM, Critical Sniper said:

EDIT1: Or not he is a coward

Or he could be one of those people who thinks that this forum is too biased and thinks his community is as divorced from bias as it can be, to say the least. Considering that this is someone from Facebook we're talking about, it's definitely safe to say that "even though the opposite is true" would apply here.

Edited by Just call me AL