Hey, everyone!

DarkAdvent

While I'm not entirely new to the Website nor the Forums, this is the first time I try to be active within the site. I've been a very big fan of this awesome franchise for the last 3 years or so, and I've actually reached the point of starting to write fanfiction about it (Do I need help?).

Since I'm still not sure how to properly do an introduction... I guess I will start with what I like!

On topics other than Fire Emblem, I'm also a huge fan of Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun and Monster Hunter. I'm also a huge fan of Tokusatsu shows like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, I guess :P ...What? Oh, right. Waifu Sim- I mean, Fire Emblem.

I've played Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, Awakening and Shadows of Valentia (all of them twice), and just recently finished my first play-through of Blazing Sword (Eliwood's story). I'm a massive fan of Jugdral because I adore it's dark atmosphere and heavily detailed world, I love Valentia's lovable cast and very well-executed story, and I like Magvel because of pretty much the same reasons everybody loves Sacred Stones. Thracia 776 is my favorite game in the series and Leif is my favorite Lord. Despite the fact that my favorite game is the least-played and therefore the most obscure, I honestly love all of the games and I'm quite happy to be a part of this community.

Oh, and I'm a guy if for some extremely weird reason that had to be made clear.

Anyways, it's very nice to meet you all!

Leif Loves S-Drinks.png

Welcome to Airport 1001. Please remember to wake that slugabed up. Look out for the fat guy who curses in German, too.

Incidentally, I am of the opinion that the Jugdral games are ruined by their atrocious gameplay.

20 hours ago, DarkAdvent said:

I like Magvel because of pretty much the same reasons everybody loves Sacred Stones.

What would those be?

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Welcome to Airport 1001. Please remember to wake that slugabed up. Look out for the fat guy who curses in German, too.

Incidentally, I am of the opinion that the Jugdral games are ruined by their atrocious gameplay.

What would those be?

Well, for starters it was my first FE game. The game doesn't drag you through a sluggish tutorial, and in my opinion it has both one of the most memorable casts and one the best stories in the series (Ephraim's Story only, though. Eirika's Story overwrites Lyon's character and has her become Celica 2.0 in terms of stupidity, but seeing Joshua and Cormag get the spotlight is awesome). I also found the idea of the Tower of Valni a very nice addition, even if it made the game a breeze but it was still an option.

Also, I have to wholeheartedly agree with the fact that Jugdral is ruined by the gameplay, ESPECIALLY Genealogy. Thracia established the future of FE games with most of it's new offerings (thank Naga that Fatigue, Staves missing and Unlimited Stave ranges didn't remain, though), and while it does have a ton of bullcrap mechanics, it was still a very engaging Fire Emblem experience if you managed to pull through. Imo Genealogy suffers the most because, while not primitive like Gaiden, it was still experimental and a lot of the issues boil down to how much it reeks of having a rushed development which is only proven further to how Thracia managed to step up in basically every way when it came to the aesthetics (map detail, better character portraits, units can Trade and they all share the same money, etc).

On 10/15/2018 at 5:45 PM, DarkAdvent said:

Well, for starters it was my first FE game. The game doesn't drag you through a sluggish tutorial, and in my opinion it has both one of the most memorable casts and one the best stories in the series (Ephraim's Story only, though. Eirika's Story overwrites Lyon's character and has her become Celica 2.0 in terms of stupidity, but seeing Joshua and Cormag get the spotlight is awesome). I also found the idea of the Tower of Valni a very nice addition, even if it made the game a breeze but it was still an option.

Also, I have to wholeheartedly agree with the fact that Jugdral is ruined by the gameplay, ESPECIALLY Genealogy. Thracia established the future of FE games with most of it's new offerings (thank Naga that Fatigue, Staves missing and Unlimited Stave ranges didn't remain, though), and while it does have a ton of bullcrap mechanics, it was still a very engaging Fire Emblem experience if you managed to pull through. Imo Genealogy suffers the most because, while not primitive like Gaiden, it was still experimental and a lot of the issues boil down to how much it reeks of having a rushed development which is only proven further to how Thracia managed to step up in basically every way when it came to the aesthetics (map detail, better character portraits, units can Trade and they all share the same money, etc).

To be frank, I consider Sacred Stones's story one of the weakest overall, largely because Eirika's end of the story is just that bad. Ephraim's side of the story wasn't much better. Characters wise, the small cast meant that the bad really stood out, and the good wasn't good enough to counter that.

Exactly - Genealogy would likely become a huge bore to play because of the bloated maps combined with the slowest enemy phases ever. The mechanics don't help its case either. Thracia... well, the fact that healing staves can miss is an automatic dealbreaker for me.

You like Thracia. You're good in my books. Just don't be KoompaMarth

On 10/15/2018 at 11:14 AM, eclipse said:

Welcome to the Trails forum! :P:

I see what you did there

On 10/16/2018 at 1:45 AM, DarkAdvent said:

sluggish tutorial

Ah. The tutorial. Not only are you boring, you make me search for a save from gamefaqs AND SCREW MY RANDOMIZED RUN. Turns out the game crashes or you end up being stuck if you can't do a command that the tutorial tells you to do. HHM is my only means of playing a randomized run of a FE game I'm not the biggest fan of so... I'm not gonna put any effort into it all

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

To be frank, I consider Sacred Stones's story one of the weakest overall, largely because Eirika's end of the story is just that bad. Ephraim's side of the story wasn't much better. Characters wise, the small cast meant that the bad really stood out, and the good wasn't good enough to counter that.

Exactly - Genealogy would likely become a huge bore to play because of the bloated maps combined with the slowest enemy phases ever. The mechanics don't help its case either. Thracia... well, the fact that healing staves can miss is an automatic dealbreaker for me.

The thing with all of the FE games is that once you compare their stories to other games out there, Genealogy, which is most likely the FE game that series fan completionists will say has the best story, will at best have a above average story dragged down by huge slogs of gameplay in-between dialogue boxes or exposition dumps.  If staves missing is your bane for FE5 then empty space is mine for FE4 (tho I did play the first two chapters, however I'll never play FE4, or at least the SNES version, ever again). Did I mention I gave up playing FE6 randomized (my first playthrough cause vanilla sucks, amirite), because huge slogs? Fun, right?

Staves missing can go away so more people can enjoy Thracia and find a reason to play it in modern times. While staves missing doesn't deter me, it shouldn't be in a potential remake

Edited by silveraura25

58 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The thing with all of the FE games is that once you compare their stories to other games out there, Genealogy, which is most likely the FE game that series fan completionists will say has the best story, will at best have a above average story dragged down by huge slogs of gameplay in-between dialogue boxes or exposition dumps.  If staves missing is your bane for FE5 then empty space is mine for FE4 (tho I did play the first two chapters, however I'll never play FE4, or at least the SNES version, ever again). Did I mention I gave up playing FE6 randomized (my first playthrough cause vanilla sucks, amirite), because huge slogs? Fun, right?

Staves missing can go away so more people can enjoy Thracia and find a reason to play it in modern times. While staves missing doesn't deter me, it shouldn't be in a potential remake

While staves missing is the main thing that kills FE5's playability for me, it's not the only thing - fatigue and the characters don't help its case.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

While staves missing is the main thing that kills FE5's playability for me, it's not the only thing - fatigue and the characters don't help its case.

I personally like fatigue as it's a countermeasure to overusing busted units and it forces you to use a majority of your roster, not like 8-12 out of your entire army. Characters, you're right about many of them being forgettable or lacking in interactions. But the character thing can be fixed with a remake. Still, can't force a person to like something they can't.

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I personally like fatigue as it's a countermeasure to overusing busted units and it forces you to use a majority of your roster, not like 8-12 out of your entire army. Characters, you're right about many of them being forgettable or lacking in interactions. But the character thing can be fixed with a remake. Still, can't force a person to like something they can't.

Well, fatigue only really makes the problem I have with characters even worse, as I see it - if there are very few characters that I like, and I don't care for or even outright dislike the rest of the cast, I sure ain't going to take a mechanic that forces me to switch my units well.

This is my first forum. I've been a fan almost two years now, but I love the franchise so much. I have played awakening, fates (All stories) echoes, warriors, and currently playing Tokyo mirage. I also like the fate series (fate grand order) and Pokémon. Rpg's are my favorite games especially strategy turned base, like fire emblem. I don't like starting conversations, but when one gets started, I open up.