New to the Forest. Hello!

Rani

Hello! I am new to Serenes Forest, however I have been lurking here and there throughout the years. Finally decided to make an account!

On to the introduction...I’m Rani! Pleasure to meet you!

My introduction to Fire Emblem was through Smash Bros. Melee back in 2015. I was playing it again for nostalgias sake and was curious as to what series Roy was from since I always played as him since I was a kid. Few hours later I had downloaded a GBA emulator and was playing FE6. I immediately fell in love. Unfortunately my tiny netbook at the time was a hunk of crap. It stopped working so I haven’t beaten that game to this day. I definitely plan on it down the road!

After that I was introduced to Awakening through a friend. I ate that game up. Looking for more Fire Emblems to play, I then played FE7. Loved it. Beat that and started FE9. Adored it (Although still trying to transfer my file over from another computer, only 3 chapters left!). Then I played Fates for a good while. After Fates a friend let me borrow his copy of FE8. Loved that too. Started playing Echoes when it came out because I had been considering Gaiden in the past. My 3ds broke so I haven’t beaten it but it was fun for the time I played. These are all the FE's I've played myself but I have watched a few lets plays of the ones I haven't here and there.

TLDR; I’ve played FE6, FE7, FE8, FE9, FE13, FE14, and FE15.

I am very interested in playing older FE games such as FE4 and so on. I just haven’t gotten around to them yet because I have so many games on my plate atm.

Outside of Fire Emblem, I enjoy: JRPGs/RPGs, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Splatoon, My Hero Academia, One Piece, Fantasy, etc. I like quite a few things but I’m too lazy to write the rest down haha.

A bit off topic but I’ve been interested in FE fan hacks/games for a few years now and I’m planning to make a short little hack for a friend that’s about 7 chapters long. I’ve had the idea in my head on and off for awhile but I’m now finalizing things. Planning on using FEXP so I’m trying to learn my way around that engine. Off topic again but, I was watching someone stream a fan hack that had a player unit battle sprite with a black pegasus that had its wings folded. Does anyone know what its from? I didn't catch the title of the game at the time.

Anyhoo, I’ve rambled for quite a bit now…

Looking forward to meeting all sorts of people! :D

40 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Welcome.

FE10's great, so hopefully you can get your save file and finish 9.

Thank you :)

I definitely plan on doing that. I might just restart 9 at this point because its been so long.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 11:59 AM, Ycine said:

Welcome to the Forest, Rani!

Sadly, I have no idea about a hack with a black pegasus with folded wings. Sorry.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Thank you ! :D

That's quite alright, I'm sure with enough digging I'll find it someday.

:) Will do!

Welcome to Airport 1001. Please do not forget to wake that slugabed up.

Are you interested in My Hero One's Justice? And have you played any Mario Party games?

Welcome to Forrest's Forest.  Make sure to check your coat in at the 'Boro's workshop.

For when you get around to checking out Genealogy, I recommend the Project Naga translation patch.  That's the best translation that's out there; despite being a "beta", it is a full translation that covers every nook and cranny.  Thracia 776 is still awaiting a proper translation patch; there is a complete one out there, but it's of very dubious quality (as in, it has ridiculous memes in it) and is prone to bugs.  This one in particular shows promise, I feel; Cirosan has already made good progress on it.