What are your hopes for Book 3

Garlyle

Cynthia

I believe a new mode would be great. Something meaty that encourages player interactivity and more of a reason to have a friend list. The above mentioned GHB maker is a stellar suggestion that would greatly improve the game.

The story for Heroes thus far has been pitiful, but that's not really my main gripe with the writing, but rather lack of interactions between non-OC's. Heroes features characters from almost three decades worth of games, and yet the game barely gives each them more than a few lines that exist in a void when they're talking to us. Forging Bonds has been a minor step in the right direction, but I just really want to see more interactions between characters who'd otherwise never speak to each other; Dorcas being confused by Niles is a good example of this, or Takumi getting along well with summer Tiki. Why not expand upon this? I realize it's hard to expand upon every single character, but I want them to at least utilize the roster a bit more; they can at least always score a few points for making us laugh if nothing else.

The community is what makes this game so enjoyable. Remember that Ephraim/Chrom bromance? Go all in and make that canon somehow. Make good use of the community's passion for the game and the series as a whole, and celebrate the series by featuring things that are not possible in individual entries.

Oh, and beasts. Where's my boy Skrimir?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jill and Patty

In all seriousness, there's really only two things I want for Book 3

1. Beast units

It's been a year and a half since launch and I think it's about time to add beast units to the game. I need Tibarn and Ranulf!

2. Unit demotions

I think it's universally agreed that there are some characters who just don't deserve to be in the 5 star exclusive pool at all (Luke, Saber, Mist, etc.), so they should definitely demote all of those guys.

That's all I really want for Book 3 tbh

1. Unit demotions. Not only are there several units that shouldn't be 5*-locked, but there are players who still have the luck of pulling the same (unwanted) units over and over again, even after the summoning rate changes back in April 2018.

2. Fewer game modes/events that revolve around grinding (ie. Tempest Trials, Forging Bonds) and/or forcing the player to play around the game's schedule (ie. Voting Gauntlet, Forging Bonds).

3. A more competent story for Book 3. Asking for a well-written story is too much to ask for in any Fire Emblem game (granted, it's a game first, story second). Book 2 was horrible in that Gunnthra was MacGuffin'd and a few chapters (essentially at least a month) were spent on a filler arc (the whole "capture Laegjarn" arc) that ultimately went unresolved to the protagonists' detriment.

4. More skills that prevent/slow down special activation. Make Guard more available (read: make Guard 3 available on a 4* summon). Better skill accessibility in general (ie. Swift Sparrow could be knocked down to 4*; Warding Stance 3 has no reason to be seasonal locked).

5. Reduced emphasis on Arena. IS has loved the Arena a little TOO much this year.

6. Skill refinery. Goes without saying due to the introduction of Brazen skills effectively replacing Defiant skills, Death Blow 4 acting as the tier 4 skill in the Death Blow chain, and tier 3 assist skills (ie. Rally Spd/Def+, Rally Up Atk+).

7. No new time-gated currencies. We already have more than enough of them as it is (orbs, feathers, coins, stones, dew).

I would expect another 5* demotion, new modes and other things to be spread out through other updates and the next anniversary instead of it all being part of Book 3 itself. I think people are setting up to be disappointed if they pin too many hopes on one single update, even if it is a new book's release.

-A GOOD story that doesn't waste its OCs.

-Demotion of some 5-star exclusives to the 5-4 or 4-3 star pool. Mist, Luke, Jaffar, and some others definitely shouldn't be 5-star exclusive.

-More Binding Blade, that game has been ignored so much it hurts.

-Brom.

-Beast units.

-Serious changes to Arena scoring and requirements because it's AWFUL.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:37 AM, Mau said:

Delete old 3-4* units from the summoning pool. If a mass demotion of 5* exclusive units happens, the 3-4* pool really needs to be thinned out. It's already really hard to summon a specific unit and units like Azama, Virion, Seliph, Florina etc. don't really have a place in this game anymore, I'm incredibly tired of summoning them. If the Skill Forge/Skill Book Shop becomes a thing, they could be deleted from the summoning pool completely which would be a blessing to me.

This would be the absolute stupidest and worst thing they could ever possibly do. If this ever happens (and it really shouldn't, it REALLY freaking shouldn't), then screw Heroes forever. It'd officially be the most bullshit phone game to ever exist. Screw it so hard.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

On 10/19/2018 at 11:37 AM, Mau said:

Delete old 3-4* units from the summoning pool. If a mass demotion of 5* exclusive units happens, the 3-4* pool really needs to be thinned out. It's already really hard to summon a specific unit and units like Azama, Virion, Seliph, Florina etc. don't really have a place in this game anymore, I'm incredibly tired of summoning them. If the Skill Forge/Skill Book Shop becomes a thing, they could be deleted from the summoning pool completely which would be a blessing to me.

This by itself? Absolutely not. Put those old 3-4* units into a separate pool with a constant banner that only gets replaced whenever the pool gets updated perhaps with a free daily summon (maybe create a daily quest that would make players work to get an item that can only be used to redeem for the free daily summon on this banner)? Perhaps!

I feel like this has been mentioned already, but for the love of all things holy, make it easier to promote to 5*. Maybe half the cost of feathers, or make it 15,000 at most. Failing that, make it easier for players who don't have the absolute best units or the best luck with the gacha to get feathers. I'm tired of having almost all of the feathers locked behind the modes that require very high level units (e.g. higher ranks in the Arena, some of the Chain Challenge, and even Tempest Trials). Which gets extremely annoying when one realizes that one needs feathers in order to promote units so that they can reach these higher-level areas in the first place. Or, once again, extreme luck with the gacha to summon a bunch of 5* units that can be merged. It makes it really difficult to use more than one team for those higher missions, and have even one person merge.

Right now, I'm trying to merge some of my units so I can reasonably access Lunatic mode and some chapters in the Chain Challenge, but it's just painful because my units are 5* and the spares need to promote in order to do anything... And without the merges, my regular units are not strong enough to clear the challenges that would get me more feathers... It's extremely counterproductive...

Heck, I feel like merging needs to be reworked entirely... There's so many game modes revolving around it, but without extreme luck in the gacha or somehow having superstrong units already, those game modes are inaccessible... And that's not even getting into those who are limited time units that can't merge, or can do so only a very limited number of times... Failing a merging rework, make it so that there are other ways to power up characters, so that people who don't have a ton of copies of units or feathers lying around stand a chance in those modes...

Edited by wheelsonfire

On 10/19/2018 at 10:37 AM, Mau said:

Other people play this game, and some people like these characters.

Also, all units also have viability (even if some have been stat creeped). All that's needed are the right resources, a good plan, and knowing how to build them.

22 hours ago, YamiNoTenshi said:

I have a really crazy idea: make a kind of promotion or Secondary Seal to get character alts of characters. For example, if you get an extra Lyn, you could "promote" her to a Brave Lyn. Also if you got a Brave Lyn, you could promote her to an original Lyn.

I guess it's not happening but anyone can dream.

I can only imagine the mess this would cause with learned skills tbh...

I want IS to stop pretending Beast Stone units don't exist.

I also want IS to release a 3-4 star unit that learns Quick Riptose 3 at 4 stars.

There are various characters I'm currently hoping for. Cervantes, Rainbow Sage, and Brigand Boss; Priam and Gangrel; Lilith and Anankos; Mark (who wasn't even a CYL choice) and Kris; Naga, Mila, and Duma themselves; and Eyvel.

A Tempest Trial where all the Heroes that appear on maps are seasonal. No regular heroes appear as enemies.

Somewhere else I saw an idea to refine blessings. A spin on that idea: I feel maybe we could use arena medals to do this, and the blessings act like duel skills. At least until IS gets a better solution for the arena. I also wouldn't mind an option to buy blessings with in-game currency. Perhaps with medals and something else.

Anyway, I want the story to return to Embla. I want this little side-track with Müspell to have actually been worth it, bland villain and all. IS has a good opportunity to have some changes occured in Embla in Veronica's absence. We all know Bruno wasn't running the place, running around looking for a cure of some kind and being shunned like Azura in his family (iirc). Anything could have happened interesting. Maybe a relative taking over, a foreign invasion, Loki impersonating as Veronica and taking over, maybe some internal organization taking over, etc.

Things I agree with from previous posters:

Spoiler
9 hours ago, wheelsonfire said:

I feel like this has been mentioned already, but for the love of all things holy, make it easier to promote to 5*. Maybe half the cost of feathers, or make it 15,000 at most.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:31 AM, Hilda said:

My hopes for Book 3:

- Rework of the Arena/AA calculation removing the BST, i dont mind the Ability SP scoring you have to give something to whales.
- a true coop mode and not the bull**** like VG
- a map maker where you can create yourself GHB BHB or LHB for other players to clear, with rules you can set up yourself like (no dancers, or only infantry units, or only specific units etc.) with rewards you can pick from your barrack/currency to hand out(if you wish) to the player that cleared the map with the least amount of scoring (least amount of skills, merges etc used). In return you get 50 feathers per attempt of your map, capping out at 10000 feathers max. You obviously need to clear the map yourself with the rules before you can upload it.

11 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Fewer game modes/events that revolve around grinding (ie. Tempest Trials, Forging Bonds) and/or forcing the player to play around the game's schedule (ie. Voting Gauntlet, Forging Bonds).

Edited by Arcphoenix

Book 3? Yeah, I could see them returning to Archanea. 

Oh, Heroes? I dunno. I always had this idea for them to add passive skills to existing units the way they've added Prf weapons to existing units. Skill fodder distribution has always been wack. I feel like you can make generic fodder much more interesting and valuable by adding obscure skills onto them. In particular, I want to see the skills that are 5 star locked but altogether un-competitive. Because Virion is worthless for fodder, but give him Wind Boost and he's suddenly more interesting. I know IS wants new skills exclusively distributed among new units, but some of the stuff they've moved on from is just not good and ought to be less rare than it is. Dual stat boosts, Boost skills, Dual Spurs, probably the Ploy skills since they've fallen off to a point where all of 'em are seals before any other type of C skill. 

@Fire Emblem Fan@Roflolxp54@Arcphoenix

If you all read more than the first sentence you would also have read the part where I said "If the Skill Forge/Skill Book Shop becomes a thing".

Guess I should've clarified that this should only happen if they add something like that too, but I'd assumed you would all understand that. What I said is delete them from the summoning pool, not from the whole game, of course there should still be a way to get them. But put them in a shop for arena medals or whatever or something, so the people who really want them can still get them. But let them stop being in your way when you're trying to summon for something useful, it's getting quite tiresome to have a barracks full of healers after trying for a colorless unit.

I guess a skill book shop would stop them from having IVs though, I forgot about that, so I guess a seperate summoning pool which costs less to summon from would work better then.

Edited by Mau

I wouldn't want units to be removed from the regular summoning pool, but I want IS to remove rarity locked skills on older units then. Not weapons of course, but their A-C skills

The only way they can remove units from the gacha pool is if they make another means to aquire them. For example you complete some challenge map and get them randomly in 2-3* rarity. Not a groundbreaking idea, but it's a possibility.

@Fire Emblem FanOnly if you actually start explaining why something is a terrible idea instead of just going 'this would ruin the game forever pls', k?

Seriously though, if the units are still available in the game, except through other means, why is it so horrible to delete them from the regular summoning pool? Do you not want a bigger chance to actually summon stuff you want?

Cause if more 5* units are being demoted, and the chance is high that they will, it will become even harder to get any kind of 3-4* unit. So for both those who like someone like Wrys and for those who don't, it seems like a terrible deal to keep them in the regular summoning pool. Keep them somewhere seperate for those who really want them, so they don't get in the way for those who don't want them. Both parties get what they want in an easier way, what is wrong with that?

1.Caeldori

1.Beast Units

2.Demotion of some 5stars

3.A new game mode for multiplayer

12 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

The only way they can remove units from the gacha pool is if they make another means to aquire them. For example you complete some challenge map and get them randomly in 2-3* rarity. Not a groundbreaking idea, but it's a possibility.

I think this would help to resolve some skillfodder problems.

Mine are pretty simple. Some unlikely, but simple.

- Give all the gen 1 healers a secondary skill like the gen 2 ones. Have this be a way to introduce the newer or less skills as well making the old healers a bit more useful for fodder. Give Maria a brazen, Azama Close Defense, Priscilla a bond skill etc.

- Lower the amount of feathers needed to upgrade a 5* to 10,000. Feathers aren’t as difficult to hoard compared to last year but I feel it takes too much and it doesn’t give much flexibility to upgrade units for skills instead of merges.

- Beast units. 

- I don’t expect this to happen until February or so, but maybe we can some 5* demotes. Maybe people like Hector, Takumi, and the CYL1 units should stay there, but everyone else at the very least could be available as a 4*. 

- I think future seasonal banners should operate like legendary banners. What I mean is that instead of having them share the regular 5* pool, the pool would consist of all of the seasonals. So there will still be pitybreakers, but instead of something like Olwen it would be Christmas Robin or Summer Corrin. I think it’s a good way to circumvent getting something like, say, 4/5 summer banners in one month. Plus then people don’t have to wait a full year to summon a certain seasonal other than waiting for a legendary banner.

- A skill shop could be nice, maybe it could use arena medals as currency.

@Mau I also agree with Fire Emblem Fan that it’s a terrible idea. It sounds very inconvenient and a slap to the face to the people who actually care about certain characters. “Oh I’m sorry. I don’t think _______ is worthy of being conventionally acquired” is pretty much what that boils down to. Summoning someone that you don’t want isn’t the end of the world anyways. Tough luck. At worst just send them home for easy feathers. At best use their fodder.

Plus I think you’re missing the forest for the trees. You mentioned healers twice when expressing your idea, and while people almost unanimously agree they’re mediocre fodder, that can be done simply improving them rather than removing them entirely. See my first idea for addressing this; this can fixed as a win-win rather than giving older units the middle finger.

@Mau

1: IVs. Any character you get outside the regular summoning pool is stuck with neutral IVs. As some TT and GHB units have shown, this is not really good. People who actually like those characters are totally screwed over with this. I personally would love to build a Florina sometime whenever I summon her.

2: Resources. The way Heroes trickles down resources, it would take AGES to actually get the units you want. It already takes ages to refine just one weapon!

3: Abundance. No way in heck they'd ever let you get an unlimited amount of these characters. This makes building a +10 unit tediously difficult (which also plays back into IVs and resources).

4: 

7 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

@Mau I also agree with Fire Emblem Fan that it’s a terrible idea. It sounds very inconvenient and a slap to the face to the people who actually care about certain characters. “Oh I’m sorry. I don’t think _______ is worthy of being conventionally acquired” is pretty much what that boils down to. Summoning someone that you don’t want isn’t the end of the world anyways. Tough luck. At worst just send them home for easy feathers. At best use their fodder.

@SilvertheShadow Doesn't the same go for 5* demotes though? Everyone goes 'these units don't deserve to be a 5*' while there might be people who actually like getting them as a 5*. A good example is Jaffar who most people seem to hate being pity broken by while he's one of my favs and I would cry with joy :P I wouldn't mind him going down to 4* of course, but I also wouldn't mind it if he was taken from the pool completely if it means he's easier to get through other means or via a seperate pool.

So why is it not a problem if units are deemed unworthy to be a 5* but it is a problem if units are deemed unworthy to be in the soon to be huge 3-4* pool? Only if it means they'll be available through other means of course. And I wouldn't really pick out some specific 'unworthy' ones, just the very first bunch that was added. Just replacing the old with the new, you know.

Giving them better skills would at least solve part of the problem cause then they'd be more loved, yes. However, that doesn't solve the problem of getting a specific unit in a summoning pool that is already huge, which still gets bigger about every two weeks, and will probably have a whole bunch of 3-4* units added to it in the form of demoted 5* units. It's been months since I've seen a Klein for one, that will become even worse when the demotes happen. I'd love for him to be thrown out of that pool and be available through different means.

@Fire Emblem Fan Thanks for explaining!

1. I mentioned previously I forgot about the skill books not having IVs so yeah my bad, a skill book shop would indeed not be enough. But making them available in a seperate summoning pool or by getting them randomly through some other means would solve that.

2. There are resources most people are drowning in though. Arena medals are one, which you can get quite easily by just doing arena matches, which is something you can do at almost any moment at any point in time. Crystals and shards are also a thing that are easy to come by and can be farmed daily in the Training Tower. And they now have less use too now that we don't have to level up units anymore to promote them.

The only way you can get those units now are through orbs which are pretty much the rarest resource, after dew. And with the amount of heroes we have right now, getting a specific unit is very hard. Making a seperate more limited pool for the older units that uses cheaper resources than orbs would be to everyone's benefit really, wouldn't it?

3. I'm 50/50 on this, like on one hand it indeed doesn't seem like IS would give you anything that easy. On the other hand, these units are more than a year old, most of their skills are not very useful anymore, very few people actually use them, and a lot of people already have 10+ of them in their barracks/books if they care about them. The new shiny units are the ones that gain IS the most money, I don't think making the really old ones more available would hurt them one bit, few (if any) people are buying orbs for those. Making them available through arena medals though would make people play arena, and they sure seem to love people playing arena.

The only ones that make me doubt it are mostly the Reposition, Fury, and Desperation fodder units, since those skills are still very much wanted. However, we have so many new skills that are better than those now, if they don't make more of those skills more readily available, the least they could do is give us easier access to the cheaper good skills.

4. See top of the post.

Edited by Mau

@Mau

Not convenient for those wanting to actually summon them with desirable IVs. Guaranteed (no RNG) units are IV-locked (and often merge-locked). Summoned units can have IVs and 3-4* summons can be much more easily +10'd than a 5*-locked one. And many 3-4* summons have desirable fodder - Florina has Darting Blow, Ardent Sacrifice, and Heavy Spear (and she's easier to get than Silas is, plus, the player can get some Dew out of her via evolving the Heavy Spear) and can be built as a Halloween Myrrh counter; similarly, Bartre is budget Fury 2 fodder and has Hammer (which can be evolved into Slaying Hammer + Dew) and he can be used as a blue armor counter. And let's not forget that Hinata - a launch day 3-4* summon - is the only source of Fury 3 as a 4* summon. Also, healers can be used as fodder to improve healers you actually like.

The problem in your original post was that you didn't include any alternatives for getting those units (ie. alternate regular summoning pool). Skill bookstore is a no in this context; based on its name alone, you're getting combat manuals, not actual units. Remember that you can't turn a combat manual back into a unit.

I think an interesting game mode would let us explore other realms and let us gather heroes as rewards from that realm, be it Archanea, Judgral or Elibe. This would be a lot of work to implement.

For Arena changes: here are those that are remotely realistic enough, given how IS has backed themselves into a corner thanks to the current state of Arena:
- Add percentiles for staying in tiers 18 and 19 (it is very strange that these two tiers have no stay percentages while literally every other tier including tiers 20 and 21 have percentiles for staying)
- Increase weekly chain rewards (example changes in bullet list)

• 3K feathers > 5K feathers
  • 100 medals > 200 medals
  • 10 sacred coins > 20 sacred coins
  • 1 orb > 2 orbs
  • 10 refining stones > 20 refining stones

- Increase percentiles for promotion and staying (basically, shrink the percentiles for demotion)

I hope we get a good story this time, I wish the important events were more frequent and I hope the progress we make during the way don't end up being useless. Also, if they are going to introduce new OCs I hope they have the proper depth and development they deserve instead of being there for fanservice.

I'd like to see beast units and less alts of already very popular characters in the "New heroes" banners. I also wish they gave a balanced representation to all the games and especially to all the characters.

I also hope to see a less repetitive game mode, maybe something in which you must achieve different goals (e.g. Defend for 5 turns using cavalry units only, Seize in 5 turns, etc...). Forging bonds made a step forward in this direction compared to Tempest Trials since it doesn't have any bonus unit and lets you choose the team you prefer without any restriction, but despite the variety of the maps it gets boring after a while since you don't have any challenge at all...

I hope they find a new use for crystals, shards and arena medals since the first two ones are way less useful with combat manuals and we get way more arena medals than those we can spend. A skill shop which uses arena medals would be wonderful!

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I hope we get some more male OCs.  The female OCs are getting a bit repetitive.

This! I swear the only two good male OCs are Helbindi and Bruno. Alfonse and Surtr are basic AF and Hrid has a boring design + he somehow showed less personality than his siblings.