Ys and Xenoblade Warriors being considered

Jedi

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

@Armagon

I agree that creating a true Xenowarriors would be a nightmare to pull off, but I still hope that they'd at least try to work something out. While I've only played the 3 Xenoblade games and I do think they could carry a cross over without Xenogears and Xenosaga, I also wouldn't want the fans of those games to be let down by their absence. As I stated earlier, Fire Emblem Warriors's lack of representation for the GBA games, the Radiance games, and the japan exclusive games really turned a lot of people off from that game despite the fact that the gameplay itself is really good all things considered. I wouldn't want that to happen a second time, especially if it's from one of my favorite franchises.

Well it helps that the Xeno community is pretty chill. I mean yeah, there are some fans who don't like Xenoblade but like the previous games and vice versa but there isn't really a divide in the fandom like there is with FE.

Xenogears fans have pretty much accepted that the game is doomed to wander Square Enix Purgatory forever. Xenosaga fans can at least look forward to wherever KOS-MOS decides to cameo next.

So yeah, even if it we just get Xenoblade Warriors, most wouldn't be upset if Gears and Saga representation weren't present since we know that there's a lot of legal hurdles the devs would have to jump through. Besides, a Xenoblade Warriors would defineitly represent three of the four Xenoblade games. What i mean by that is...

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I imagine, if Lora and Addam weren't preserved long into the future from my lack of knowledge, that TtGC would complicate things even more, if they wanted to rep it properly? Certainly you can't have two Mythras running around in the plot, or maybe you can, a Warriors crossover already is involving timespace shenanigans. So they have to open an extra XC2 portal, what'd the problem be with that?

I never even considered how they would incorperate TTGC. As someone who's a fan of Doctor Who, i am used to seeing the same person from different points in their life be in the same place. But each Doctor looks different whereas Mythra is Mythra, even if her personality between XC2 and TTGC are a bit different. It might confuse players if there's two people who look the same running around. And not just Mythra but Brighid and Aegeon too. 

Like i guess you could just have Rex and Addam do a tag team thing where they take turns being the Aegis' Driver and you would incorperate their different fighting styles that way since Aegises don't work like normal Blades so it can be justified from a story standpoint. But what about when it comes to Brighid and Aegeon? How do you justify a tag team between Hugo and Morag? You can't transfer a normal Blade without an Overdrive Protocol and i'm 99% those only exist within the context of gameplay because Overdrive Protocols are never brought up in the story or lore.

And that's not even involving Jin? Having TTGC Jin meet XC2 Jin would be very different and i can't imagine that Lora and TTGC Jin would be very happy to learn that XC2 Jin has fallen to the dark side. Haze and Minoth would be easy though as they appear in XC2 but aren't playable like they are in TTGC.

And now that i think about it, the Xeno series has never really touched time-travel yet, has it? Although if we go the Xeno Warriors route and bring the Zohar from Gears and Saga, i wouldn't be surprised if time travel is possible.

Or maybe i'm reading too far into it and the TTGC characters would just be bonus characters like how Human Midna is in HW.

As for the voices, I'm not sure if they could rehire all 20 Japanese ones and 14 English ones. The Japanese male Protagonist voice is Shulk's, so they'll be coming back, and English male Classic is Shulk. The English female Classic is Fiora, so she's another shoo in, and Japanese female Upper-Class is Melia, who would hopefully get in but no she doesn't, because life is out to ruin her. There, at least one voice per sex per VA'ed language who would already be coming to do other characters. 

On the subject of voices, it makes me wonder how many of the VAs will come back.

Assuming the Xeno Warriors route, the Xenogears characrters will most likely get new voices. I think KOS-MOS VA came back for her appearance in XC2. Not sure about T-elos though. The other Saga characters will likely recieve new voices. The Blade VAs are probably given since they are pretty recent though i wonder if Jenna Coleman would come back to voice Melia. Coleman's career really took off after starring as one of The Doctor's companions in Doctor Who so i wonder if she'll come back to do video game voice acting.

And I'd be superficially slightly just a hint annoyed if the world-merge didn't drag everyone else to Mira.

Honestly, you could have the whole game take place on Mira and i'd be satisfied. Mira's beautiful and it's the only setting in the Xeno series where it is mostly uncivlized; it's all wilderness save for the few spots of civilization. The perfect setting for a Warriors game to go all out. 

That said, i would like it if places other than Mira were featured.

I'm also thinking how they would handle the music. A lot of the battle themes would fit a Warriors game but even some area themes would fit the bill. Like, if you have the Empire of Mor Ardain from XC2, you could just have the Mor Ardain theme play and it'd fit. No need to remix it. For themes like Gaur Plains or Primordia, a remix would likely be neccesary. Same goes for the area themes of Gears and Saga. The Shevat theme, for example, wouldn't fit in a Warriors game without a good fast-paced remix.

I wonder how they'd handle the roster of Xenoblade Warriors if it ever gets made. XC1 has seven party members, XCX has eight "main" party members, eleven more optional ones, and a potato, and XC2 has six main Drivers. And that's not getting into villains, NPCs, and the previous Xeno games.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I never even considered how they would incorporate TTGC. As someone who's a fan of Doctor Who, i am used to seeing the same person from different points in their life be in the same place. But each Doctor looks different whereas Mythra is Mythra, even if her personality between XC2 and TTGC are a bit different. It might confuse players if there's two people who look the same running around. And not just Mythra but Brighid and Aegeon too. 

And that's not even involving Jin? Having TTGC Jin meet XC2 Jin would be very different and i can't imagine that Lora and TTGC Jin would be very happy to learn that XC2 Jin has fallen to the dark side. Haze and Minoth would be easy though as they appear in XC2 but aren't playable like they are in TTGC.

And now that i think about it, the Xeno series has never really touched time-travel yet, has it? Although if we go the Xeno Warriors route and bring the Zohar from Gears and Saga, i wouldn't be surprised if time travel is possible.

Or maybe i'm reading too far into it and the TTGC characters would just be bonus characters like how Human Midna is in HW.

The Drivers in TTGC can fight without their Blades, so maybe Lora and Addam can fight by themselves without "their" versions of Jin and Mythra. Or they can use Haze and Minoth instead while Jin fights on his own and Mythra sticks with Rex, though Brighid meeting a past incarnation of herself does sound like something she would want to do. The present versions Pyra, Mythra, and Jin reuniting with Addam and Lora do seem like interesting (and heartbreaking) scenarios.

But then again most first installment Warriors spinoffs have small rosters so Lora and Addam would just be DLC anyway.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the subject of voices, it makes me wonder how many of the VAs will come back.

Assuming the Xeno Warriors route, the Xenogears characrters will most likely get new voices. I think KOS-MOS VA came back for her appearance in XC2. Not sure about T-elos though. The other Saga characters will likely recieve new voices. The Blade VAs are probably given since they are pretty recent though i wonder if Jenna Coleman would come back to voice Melia. Coleman's career really took off after starring as one of The Doctor's companions in Doctor Who so i wonder if she'll come back to do video game voice acting.

KOS-MOS's VA in XC2 is actually her fourth English voice actress (and T-elos's second), which is somewhat excusable in that she technically isn't the same character as Xenosaga's KOS-MOS (unlike Shulk, Fiora, and Elma, who are themselves from their home games). Her Japanese actress has always remained consistent though. Most of the Xenoblade VAs should be able to come back, but maybe some of Xenosaga's cast can come back too? I think Richard Epcar at least would be able to voice Ziggy again.

Edited by Lightchao42

<sarcasm>Screw Ys and Xenoblade, I want my Ace Attorney Warriors!</sarcasm>

Seriously, Xenoblade would clearly be a good fit, given the weaponry's already there. I could easily see the first game's playable cast's styles (Shulk, Dunban, and Fiora could use different types of sword-based styles, Reyn is dead-ringer for a lance-based style, Sharla's rifles wouldn't look too much out of place in comparison to bows, Melia's summons could be dead-ringer for magic, and I'm sure Riki's biters would give him a unique style that wouldn't look too far out of place), but then again I've only played the first game (and I'm currently working on Agniratha)...

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh Square, you may be trying to be buddy buddy with Nintendo by creating your own Nintendo Switch division and porting a bunch of FF titles to Switch

Every one of those titles (World of Final Fantasy, X+X2 HD, VII, IX, XII: The Zodiac Age) are also releasing on XOne at the same time.
It's hardly even them "trying to be buddy buddy"; it's just doing easy ports of already proven games to other hardware to eek out a bit more money and test the waters.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder how they'd handle the roster of Xenoblade Warriors if it ever gets made. XC1 has seven party members, XCX has eight "main" party members, eleven more optional ones, and a potato, and XC2 has six main Drivers. And that's not getting into villains, NPCs, and the previous Xeno games.

I'd imagine 1's and 2's main party members with Mumkhar (the only persistent antagonist in 1, really), Jin, and Malos as villains, with Elma thrown in; I really don't see X getting a lot of love. That would make 17 characters total (FEW had 15 unique movesets + 8 clones at base, feels comparable to me). I'm in the distinct minority here, but: pleasefortheloveofgoddontflippingincludekosmoswhydoesshehavetobeineverythingandsomehowstillgethypeoutofpeople. But, if Kos-Mos must be included, then you can swap out Vandham (who's probably the most expendable option anyways).

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, you could have the whole game take place on Mira and i'd be satisfied. Mira's beautiful and it's the only setting in the Xeno series where it is mostly uncivlized; it's all wilderness save for the few spots of civilization. The perfect setting for a Warriors game to go all out. 

That said, i would like it if places other than Mira were featured.

I didn't really mean that, I was only alluding to part of Mira's fundamentally mysterious nature. I'd want the rest of the Xeno worlds too, Satorl Marsh I'm thinking of at the moment. Seems like it'd be easily workable.

And I'm trying to envision how one would compact each XCX region into one or two battlefields. Using these wonderfully labeled maps.

Spoiler
  • NLA- it could fit into a single battlefield, but how to deal with the BLADE District being on a higher elevation and being two-leveled itself? They have to add slopes here. No visiting the Manon ship, not that it is needed.
  • Primordia- Even though Primordia's parts are distinct when you examine them up close in terms of topography, I think we could easily compact it into one place.
  • Noctilum- Could easily be two battlefields- what I call "Lesser Noctilum"- the dense jungle subregion south of the isthmus bottleneck called the Whale's Nostrils, and "Greater Noctilum" the larger and more open subregion north of that. If reduced to a single battlefield, the Whale's Nostrils would give this map a distinctive chokepoint focus. The Divine Roost is too small to be its own battlefield, and they'd have to invent a mountain path for it to be accessible on foot.
  • Oblivia- Could be fit into one battlefield I think, the Yawning Giant chasm isn't traversable. If I were to split it into two, I'd go for the first battlefield from North Coast to Eriji Promontory for North-South, and Twin Arches and Scabland Fortress to Keegan Ridge, the bottom of King's Falls, and Barbarich Desert for West-East. The second battlefield would be everything east of this, barring the Floating Reef.
  • Sylvalum would be an easy split- Lake Ciel and its surrounding Sandseas and everything west and south of them, plus maybe the Cleansing Spring. The rest of Sylvalum is its own map.
  • Cauldros- Ignore the various islands and split it between the lava "lowlands" and everything west and south of them, and everything east of the lava. Or perhaps split the map at Ternion Fork.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

XCX has eight "main" party members, eleven more optional ones, and a potato

If by eight you're including L, Gwin, and Irina, I think nobody would be terribly remiss if they were absent, and the plot doesn't truly need them either. All it at its core needs is Elma, Lin, and Lao, Doug being Lao's close friend making him a little more likely than the three I stated before. 

As for the optionals, one can leave them all out, since they mostly share weapon types with the "mains", unless Koei had a real passion for Alexa or something and wanted to pull an Agitha. I would not be remiss if I saw Elma using Phog's Sky High. Phog can be relegated to "name of allied NPC Blade officer". I wish we could have Vandham, since he is the commander of BLADE, but despite those guns, he never fights.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

. I'm in the distinct minority here, but: pleasefortheloveofgoddontflippingincludekosmoswhydoesshehavetobeineverythingandsomehowstillgethypeoutofpeople.

Not only is KOS-MOS in multiple games, but from what I've seen of KOS-MOS's fighting in Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga Endless Frontier,

Spoiler

Mecha Fiora is clearly based on her visually and in gameplay.

As is Elma, albeit she starts visually more like T-elos.

Monolith and Namco just can't get enough of her. It started with like Namco x Capcom, and it has continued ever since.

For themes like Gaur Plains or Primordia, a remix would likely be neccesary.

The Smash Medley version of Gaur Plains would be a good place to start, proves Gaur Plains would be easily remixed. As for other field themes, it is doable. Compare the original Skyloft theme in Skyward Sword, to Hyrule Warriors's remix.

I'm now starting to ponder if the lyric'ed pieces of XCX would have legal issues around them. You never know.

Correct me if I'm wrong and my soul has wandered off the path of the Zohar and is now threatened with being lost forever, but I thought the limitless energy production of the XG Zohar had something to do with being able to see all possibilities and draw upon all of them? (XG Remake- a dream and nothing more- would REALLY benefit from an ingame comprehensive encyclopedia.) That is more dimensional to me, but it does mean foresight to a degree, so if the Wave Existence can gleam the future and touch it, why can't it look past and do the same? Not like the majority of players would understand it and instead take some ibuprofen to ease the headache from trying to get it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope, they weren't. In the game's Adventure Mode, a gameplay-heavy and story-free mode which made up the meat of this game, you could by winning certain battles unlock the duo, as well as Ruto and Agitha I think. The free DLC characters in the Wii U version were the original villain trio of Cia, Volga, and Wizzro. 

This changed in the Switch version though. In that one, Ruto, Agitha, and all those villains you mentioned are available right away when the chapters they appear in are unlocked. Different characters are unlocked through adventure mode instead to account for all the additions the 3DS version added.

But Ghirahim and Zant still don't join the heroes, of course. They're with Ganondorf and Cia, naturally. lol

Edited by Anacybele

While I haven't played TTGC(Heck I've still got a LONG way to go in XC2 proper) I would like to quickly weigh in on the who gets which blade question. I think the best way to handle the Aegis is to separate Pyra and Mythra between Rex and Addam receptively. Yes I know they're technically the same character, but their both visually distinct enough from each other that I think it would be less jarring than having 2 Myrthras at the same time. As for the other blades, there's no really obvious work around like there is with the Aegis so I can't really say.

On the subject of Voice Acting, I think it's safe to say the actors from XC2 and XCX would comeback since those are the most recent games in the series and I assume a number of them probably have contracts to keep them in their roles for squeals, spin offs, and possibly multimedia endeavors because of the series breakout success. XC1 might be trickier since it's 7 years old at this point and some of the actors probably moved on to other things a while ago, but I'm sure an agreement for their return can be arranged.

Choosing maps to use I feel might be harder than we think, sure each game has it's own gorgeously deigned worlds with tons of creative possibilities, but there's also a lot of geographical overlap between each game that aren't very visually different from each other. Example: Gaur Plain, Primordia, and Gormott. Fans of the series would be able to tell which one's which, but an outside going not having played those games might confuse one stage for the others because they're just too similar looking. So the trouble is finding out which "grassy plain with sickle shaped mountains" do we use? I'm certain it would be Gaur Plain because of Smash Bros., but I could always be wrong. Besides this game technically doesn't exist yet, we're all mostly just setting unreasonably high expectations in our heads right now.

3 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Besides this game technically doesn't exist yet, we're all mostly just setting unreasonably high expectations in our heads right now.

Quite true, the initial roster is probably going to cause some squealing.

Compared to HW and FEW, I don't think XCW would sell as well either, it doesn't have the popularity of LoZ or FE.

And since this game would have to have something like HW's Adventure Mode and FEW's History Mode, I'd think they'd turn to XCX for this. That game throws hexes over its maps, like DW7's own little Adventure Mode for sorts (its name escapes me). Just give us top-down photographic imagery versions of some of the places in the other games, and fit a hex grid over it.

They should ideally integrate some gameplay mechanics of XC, just as FEW and HW did of their franchises.

• I've already mentioned Chain Attacks and Overdrive, wouldn't be too tricky to include.
  • I'm thinking cooldowns, don't use a particular Charge/Strong Attack for a short while and it'll have extra touches to it, it'd encourage using a character's full arsenal, unlike say base Midna, who is mostly C3 spam.
  • Auras could be assigned to C1 for a number of characters, different Auras for different characters please.
  • Not sure how they could integrate aggro, positional arts seem fine, but aggro, an essential, defining role for some characters like Reyn, I can't figure out.
  • Topple, Stagger-Topple in XCX (Stagger-Bind for Skells), Break-Topple-Daze in XC1, Break-Topple-Launch-Smash in XC2. Somehow, this has to be in.
  • If they're going to include elements in some form, and they don't have to- which to use? They matter most in XC2, but eight seems to be too many, perhaps they fix this a little by merging Water with Ice. I don't think XCX's six could work.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

With a Xeno Warriors they could have some interesting dynamic between the main Xenoblade 2 cast and their Tornan ancestors. Rex and Zeke could gush like little kids when meeting Adam and if Hugo isn't deemed too unimportant to add Morag could start feeling very conflicted about whether she should serve Hugo because he's the emperor, treat him like a little brother because he looks like Niall, or start subtly gushing over an ancestor that's probably widely admired in Mor Ardain.  

22 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Drivers in TTGC can fight without their Blades, so maybe Lora and Addam can fight by themselves without "their" versions of Jin and Mythra. Or they can use Haze and Minoth instead

Well the cool thing about Minoth is that he's a Flesh Eater and literally the only reason he's part of Team Addam in TTGC is so that Addam can have a second Blade. As a Flesh Eater, Minoth can be his own character without being tied to the Driver-Blade mechanic. Same goes for Catalyst in XC2.

21 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

didn't really mean that, I was only alluding to part of Mira's fundamentally mysterious nature. I'd want the rest of the Xeno worlds too, Satorl Marsh I'm thinking of at the moment. Seems like it'd be easily workable.

Yeah i agree, i'm just saying that it'd be ok with just having Mira since it has the best designed world in the series imo.

21 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm now starting to ponder if the lyric'ed pieces of XCX would have legal issues around them. You never know.

Probably not. Uncontrollable and Wir Fliegen are in Xenoblade 2, the former playing when you fight UMs with Elma in the party and the latter plays when you activate Overdrive. The only song that may have legal issues would be Melancholia, as that's an actual song that Sawano composed before he composed music for X. That explains why the song is the most underused song in the whole series.

11 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I think the best way to handle the Aegis is to separate Pyra and Mythra between Rex and Addam receptively. Yes I know they're technically the same character, but their both visually distinct enough from each other that I think it would be less jarring than having 2 Myrthras at the same time.

That could be a good solution. They'd have to do the same for Fei and Id if we go the Xeno Warriors route, since, like Pyra and Mythra, Fei and Id are technically the same character only Id wants to murder everything and he probably wouldn't side with anyone except maybe Grahf.

11 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Choosing maps to use I feel might be harder than we think, sure each game has it's own gorgeously deigned worlds with tons of creative possibilities, but there's also a lot of geographical overlap between each game that aren't very visually different from each other. Example: Gaur Plain, Primordia, and Gormott.

vCxCDX5.jpg

dNIEPsT.png

dvQO6nM.jpg

I dunno man, they all look different enough. I mean, yeah i get the overlap argument between Gaur Plains and Gormott, especially since the latter was 100% a callback to the former (even the music themes are similar) but Primordia is very different. And the only thing it shares in common with the other two locations are being a grassland and having a sickle-shaped mountain. Heck, Primordia is far more mountainous than both Gaur Plains and Gormott.

But yes, environmental overlap could be an issue. So i'd think they'd use Gaur Plains and Primordia but leave Gormott out. Regarding other cases of environmental overlap

• Oblivia and Mor Ardain are both deserts but one has a giant alien ring in the center as well as a giant bottomless chasm so i think people could tell the difference
  • Cauldros is safe because there isn't any volcanic setting in the other games in the series
  • Satorl Marsh and Sylvalum might be too similar, with how they both look dull in the day but come to life at night. Sylvalum is very clearly the successor to Satorl Marsh so i'd say pick the one that's prettier. Meanwhile, the Kingdom of Uraya is different enough visually.
  • Makna Forest and Noctilum, just pick Noctilum
  • Valak Mountain and the Kingdom of Tantal are both snowy regions but their geographies are way different. Valak Mountain is a mountain (duh) while Tantal has this whole upper level-lower level thing going on. Make for a good vertical map, more on that later. I think it's fine to have them both.
  • Eryth Sea and Leftheria are basically the same but Lefhteria would be the better choice since the islands are actually connected and don't have this teleporter bullshit (sorry, Eryth Sea is beautiful but i hate navigating it).
  • Alcamoth would be fine on it's own but if we look at the rest of the Xeno games, it'd begin to overlap with Shevat, Solaris, Second Miltia and Fifth Jerusalem.
  • Argentum would also be a pretty unique area but if you take Xenogears into account, then you get the Thames, which is just OG Argentum. Both areas are too small though.
  • The Mechonis areas although between Mechonis Field and Central Factory, they're gonna have to pick one.

Regarding that thing i mentioned earlier, i don't know if Warriors games have had proper vertical maps but i think it'd be cool. Tantal would work with it. So would Mechonis Field.

12 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Besides this game technically doesn't exist yet, we're all mostly just setting unreasonably high expectations in our heads right now.

True. Especially with how FE Warriors was handled. This Twitter post jokingly talks about how Xeno Warriors could go wrong ( in spoilers to save space)

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've already mentioned Chain Attacks and Overdrive, wouldn't be too tricky to include.

I don't know about Chain Attacks but Overdrive would definitely be a thing. 

I'm thinking cooldowns, don't use a particular Charge/Strong Attack for a short while and it'll have extra touches to it, it'd encourage using a character's full arsenal, unlike say base Midna, who is mostly C3 spam.

I think another way to handle it would be like staling in newer Smash games. Use an attack too many times without changing it up and it gets weaker. Of course, most enemies in Warriors games are fodder so instead of weaker, how about less range.

Topple, Stagger-Topple in XCX (Stagger-Bind for Skells), Break-Topple-Daze in XC1, Break-Topple-Launch-Smash in XC2. Somehow, this has to be in.

Probably against the bosses. It'd be really easy with the mechs.

Speaking of, i wonder if they would incorporate mech-exclusive battles. Arieal or spacial battles that only characters with mechs can particpate in. These characters would be

• The Xenogears cast minus Chu-Chu
  • The Xenosaga cast
  • Mecha-Fiora
  • The Xenoblade X cast except Tatsu
  • Pyra and Mythra

and for free-battles where you can play as the villains

• Grahf
  • Id
  • Ramsus
  • Miang
  • Albedo
  • Margulis
  • Metal Face
  • Jade Face (why not)
  • Egil
  • Luxaar
  • Malos

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Satorl Marsh and Sylvalum might be too similar, with how they both look dull in the day but come to life at night. Sylvalum is very clearly the successor to Satorl Marsh so i'd say pick the one that's prettier.

Awww... they might share color schemes and nightly beauty, but Sylvalum is so very distinct. Satorl Marsh is a, well, a marsh, which just so happens to be gray in the day. It also eases the heroes into the High Entia- first their ruins, then you meet one incognito, and then you get to their home.

Sylvalum has Lake Ciel, yes, a shallow giant lake. But Sylvalum has no great river like Satorl Marsh, there is nothing marshy at all. It has the lake, but it also has the vast Sandseas, which aren't even sand! It's the ashes blown over from the volcanically active Cauldros which coat Sylvalum. 

The Turqos Plateau in TGCC was a reference to the Delusians North Summit I think, and that and the Delusians South Summit are a very distinct subregion. 

Add giant crystals, the Noctilucent Sphere hanging high above, and other funky details, and Sylvalum is very much its own thing.

All this said, I think Satorl Marsh would be easier to compact into a map, and offer more beauty per square ped.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't know about Chain Attacks

Warriors Orochi 3 and 4 have a mechanic where once the proper bar is filled, all three characters you control (not over different parts of the battlefield, they're all in the same location, only one is on the field at any time though) will attack all nearby enemies, anyone hit (indicated by being stunned with a whitish aura) during a brief time will then be hit with a big damage blast at the end of it. Just take this and add some nuance to it.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

and for free-battles where you can play as the villains

• Grahf
  • Id
  • Ramsus
  • Miang
  • Albedo
  • Margulis
  • Metal Face
  • Jade Face (why not)
  • Egil
  • Luxaar

If you mean all mecha battles, then we should include at least maybe one more from XCX, assuming I'm not misremembering their size

Spoiler

Chimaera Lao. Since by Luxaar I assume you mean him in the Vita.

And possibly the Telethia- it'd be a boon to XC1 lovers too.

And as final pick, certainly extraneous fantasy pick (but this whole idea is a fantasy anyhow), maybe the Yggralith Zero? Despite having no plot role in XCX, it being the online Global Nemesis, the second strongest superboss, and has this for its species description:

"Hailing from the depths of outer space, these creatures can strip away the ether from entire regions before storing it in their dorsal spines to facilitate interstellar travel. Any unlucky inhabitants of planets they encounter are also devoured down to the very last organism. When this destructive rampage is finished, they set off in search of the next planet."

"Though rare, Yggralith do at times come in contact with one another. The ensuing battles spell doom for any planet unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity."

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

I dunno man, they all look different enough.

Maybe I was being a little presumptuous, which I admit is one of my biggest flaws. But I think the point still sands to try and have as little overlap between maps as possible to really bring out the diversity of the Xeno franchise's fantastical and alien worlds.

Also that tweet is hilarious.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Awww... they might share color schemes and nightly beauty, but Sylvalum is so very distinct. Satorl Marsh is a, well, a marsh, which just so happens to be gray in the day. It also eases the heroes into the High Entia- first their ruins, then you meet one incognito, and then you get to their home.

Sylvalum has Lake Ciel, yes, a shallow giant lake. But Sylvalum has no great river like Satorl Marsh, there is nothing marshy at all. It has the lake, but it also has the vast Sandseas, which aren't even sand! It's the ashes blown over from the volcanically active Cauldros which coat Sylvalum. 

Fair point. I was only looking at the color schemes.

Satorl and Sylvalum also have different weather patterns. The former can get foggy while the latter has huge sporestorms. Both restrict vision but the latter actually causes passive damage? I know some storms in Oblivia do that but i don't know about Sylvalum.

But i take back what i said. Having both Satorl and Sylvalum wouldn't be an issue.

I wonder how weather would play in a Warriors game. I do at least expect the day and night cycles as an aesthetic choice.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you mean all mecha battles, then we should include at least maybe one more from XCX, assuming I'm not misremembering their size

Hide contents

Chimaera Lao. Since by Luxaar I assume you mean him in the Vita.

And possibly the Telethia- it'd be a boon to XC1 lovers too.

And as final pick, certainly extraneous fantasy pick (but this whole idea is a fantasy anyhow), maybe the Yggralith Zero? Despite having no plot role in XCX, it being the online Global Nemesis, the second strongest superboss, and has this for its species description:

"Hailing from the depths of outer space, these creatures can strip away the ether from entire regions before storing it in their dorsal spines to facilitate interstellar travel. Any unlucky inhabitants of planets they encounter are also devoured down to the very last organism. When this destructive rampage is finished, they set off in search of the next planet."

"Though rare, Yggralith do at times come in contact with one another. The ensuing battles spell doom for any planet unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity."

Spoiler

Yeah, by Luxaar, i assume him in the Vita. Chimeaera Lao would have to be on the ground though. I don't think he'd be capable of flight. 

The Telethia would be though. The question is, do we use XC1's Telethia or do we throw in Telethia, The Endbringer from XCX in there? The latter, if done wrong, might play out like HW's boss monster, something i hear wasn't done good. 

And the Yggralith Zero would make for a good spacial battle since their description does confirm they travel through space.

7 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

But I think the point still sands to try and have as little overlap between maps as possible to really bring out the diversity of the Xeno franchise's fantastical and alien worlds.

Yeah, i do agree with this. Bringing out the diversity in the worlds would be one of my wants. If we just look at Xenoblade, we'd only be missing a spaceship setting. Yes, the White Whale exists but we don't really see what's inside of it past NLA and NLA is the only part that mattered outside of the Lifehold Core anyway.

If we look at Xeno, the Elridge (Xenogears), Durandal, and Dämmerung (both from Xenosaga) are good choices. The Elridge would be interesting as it's basically a wrekced starship that was underwater for 10,000 years while the Dämmerung could be considered a small artificial planet due to it's size. Both the Elridge and Dämmerung would make good settings due to their size and the only thing that's bigger than them is Abel's Ark and that's a whole different beast, which, according to the wiki, is the size of a whole star system (which would also make for an interesting map.)

39 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I personally would prefer to see Xenoblade have a crossover with Fire Emblem than Warriors, but this sounds interesting. 

So are we talking "Marth walks down the street and bumps into Shulk" or "Xenoblade Characters fighting on a grid-like map in turn based combat?"

Satorl and Sylvalum also have different weather patterns. The former can get foggy while the latter has huge sporestorms. Both restrict vision but the latter actually causes passive damage? I know some storms in Oblivia do that but i don't know about Sylvalum.

Nope, no damage, some minor stat drops exist. This said, the vision restrict is severe enough you'd be hard pressed not to bump into an aggressive indigen, and Sylvalum has a notable number of camouflaged enemies. You'd quite possibly bump into one too strong and die that way.

There is the Crimson Aurora weather as well, which can be bad if you're at Lake Ciel, although only there. Since certain gentle giants at Lake Ciel stop being so gentle in the red light and will attack if you get too close (with a name change to indicate this), which is fairly realistically natural to me. 

And then I remembered the boss of I think Chapter 8, which is in Sylvalum. During the second phase of the battle, the boss has the ability to change the weather to the Cauldros-exclusive Brimstone Rain, which does deal damage over time. Somehow according to the bestiary (nice addition of XCX), the brimstone is caused by the ferocity of the battle, makes no sense to me, but it is a sight that adds tension to the brawl. 

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I wonder how weather would play in a Warriors game. I do at least expect the day and night cycles as an aesthetic choice.

Day and night would be something I'd really like too, although a change in music wouldn't be needed given the constant battle. Xenoblade places are often made with the dual aesthetics of night and day in mind, some really excelling in one way, others being consistently good in both, or at the least setting different tones. The Valak Mountains being a favorite case of this for me. The day is a bright cold white, befitting of romanticized rugged journeys of mountain climbers and those braving the arctic. The choice for crystals of Valak to only be orange at night and not multicolor aurora-like I approve of. Had they been multicolored, the crystals would have likely maintained a bright, cool feel, not too much different from the day. The orange glow and the darkened night sky make Valak a dulled, warm white, reminiscent of snuggling by a fireplace late at night, looking out the window to the gentle, yet harsh snowfall beyond your hovel.

But to get back to the weather, if we had to have Spores/thick fog, rather than make them blur the player's view too much, it could block out enemies and allied units on the minimap temporarily. Brimstone Rain could be gradual damage to all units not in keeps (the weather won't hurt you if you're in a cave, building, or have just a rocky overhang above you in XCX- it'll keep you safe). XCX weather also gives small buffs and debuffs statistically, for example, a Thunderstorm gives small debuffs to Beam attack and ranged accuracy, while giving a bigger boost to Electric attack. 

The Telethia would be though. The question is, do we use XC1's Telethia or do we throw in Telethia, The Endbringer from XCX in there? The latter, if done wrong, might play out like HW's boss monster, something i hear wasn't done good. 

I think a core issue is how to include the signature ability of the Telethia- Soul Read. For fighting it, there has to be a way to disable it or get around it that isn't tedious/a flow killer. Not everyone can have Monado Purge (although I recall mass-production Monado being a scrapped idea for post-Mechonis Core XC1- I get why they dropped it) or Mind Blast. And the XCX version from what I'm aware is a super Decoy buff, the only solution to which is just wailing away until you break the buff.

5 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

So are we talking "Marth walks down the street and bumps into Shulk" or "Xenoblade Characters fighting on a grid-like map in turn based combat?"

Neither, actually. I'm talking a new game that combines gameplay of both. Xenoblade Chronicles provides the world, story, and real-time action while Fire Emblem brings in tactical combat and such. A way to realize that idea IS once had for a real-time FE game. Outside of combat, Xenoblade and FE's gameplay meshes really well: the support system with the heart-to-hearts, etc. 

I was thinking that the combat would be a combination of tactical turn-based and real-time combat. It wouldn't use the grid map, but it would use FE's tactical view. 

I'd be down with a Xenoblade Warriors. Don't have that much experiance with Ys, but I think a Xenoblade Warriors would be pretty damn cool.

Besides, we won't have people complaining about certain games not being represented with Xenoblade Warriors.