New Heroes Coming: October 23rd (Brave Redux) Loki, Kliff, and Owain

Coolmanio

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aversa seems to be the GHB. Clap clap. IS.

It irks me that we're getting another banner without any demotes

Kliffs's A skill is what the fortress skills should have been

Loki and Owain are meh.

Kliff looks quite interesting. I'm curious about his stats. Guess I was right about him getting Saggitae

Disappointing. Kliff did need to be added at some point, but not like this. Should've just been in another Echoes banner. Owain is technically an alt *yawn* and could've just been in a future Awakening banner (heh), and the rest is walking fanservice.

I should probably stop expecting Tellius or FE6 or whatever else. IS is never going to do anymore for them, it seems, since I just keep being disappointed.

But I guess at least I can go dump some orbs for Laevatein again.

Fortress Def/Res now are 100% powercreeped skills. Good bye. 

I can't believe they had the guts to give us a Tome Flier for free. Well done IS. 

Owain runs on the power of friendship! :lol:

@Anacybele I mean, this is Farfetched Heroes 2, they were the top spots, i don't like it because it left out Haar, but it's still decided by CYL2.

Edited by RexBolt

Basically Farfetched Heroes, but with another name.

I am surprised to see Loki in this banner, and C Duel Infantry?  I need that! Earthwater Balm+ is also a great skill, although Windfire Balm+ is better because we can combine it with Def/Res Tactic Skill and Seal.

Kliff is here! His Tome is interesting... boosting all stats if unit is weaker than foe? Cool. And Fortress Def/Res? Amazing! Although, I believe Kliff will have lower Atk.

Owain's weapon is... something. It works pretty well with Heavy or Flashing Blade. and Blue Flame? Cool special, but is it exclusive to him?

And for Aversa, if she doesn't have a exclusive tome... at least give her the red serpent tome.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Well I’ll be damned. We got a Farfetched banner after all. 

Nobody here really interests me that much so I’ll pass on this one in favor of Myrrh. I’m surprised Aversa was put on a GHB (assuming IS isn’t pulling another Ayra), and having a first free flying tome unit should be really neat. 

3 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I mean, this is Farfetched Heroes 2, they were the top spots, i don't like it because it left out Haar, but it's still decided by CYL2.

So? Doesn't mean they had to do a Farfetch'd Heroes 2. I was really hoping they'd skip it this time because certain games are in dire need of representation and the choices for such a banner suck imo, plus it leaves out some beast units who actually scored higher. So IS is giving the finger to those who want them yet again as well. This also upsets me a lot.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Well I’ll be damned. We got a Farfetched banner after all. 

Nobody here really interests me that much so I’ll pass on this one in favor of Myrrh. I’m surprised Aversa was put on a GHB (assuming IS isn’t pulling another Ayra), and having a first free flying tome unit should be really neat. 

The official Japanese Twitter says that Aversa is a GHB.

Owain looks super cool (that special will be soooo broken if inheritable, which seems unlikely considering the animation looks like the one from Odin's Grimoire). Anyways, I'm flooded with red units and Kliff/Loki don't offer anything that I want so I'll just keep trying to get Myrrh merges she's sooooooo cute

Edited by Alexmender

Not super interested in any of these units (though Kliff's got a fun looking build and I'd never say no to the fodder the other two have) but I gotta say I was so excited to see Aversa in the background. I didn't think they'd give us a fan servicey (I mean have you seen her outfit?) flying mage as a GHB but I'm definitely not gonna complain. It'll be interesting to see everyone's spreads, though I wouldn't be surprised if Kliff's is fairly similar to Odin's (his weapon does thrive off of him having a lower attack plus its description sounds exactly like the kind of weapon people theory crafted for Odin...).

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Disappointing. Kliff did need to be added at some point, but not like this. Should've just been in another Echoes banner. Owain is technically an alt *yawn* and could've just been in a future Awakening banner (heh), and the rest is walking fanservice.

I should probably stop expecting Tellius or FE6 or whatever else. IS is never going to do anymore for them, it seems, since I just keep being disappointed.

But I guess at least I can go dump some orbs for Laevatein again.

"Not like this"

...who cares how the hell he's added? The fact that he's finally in AND Echoes actually got a new unit for once that isn't an alt seems great enough.

Also, Owain is a very beloved character not to mention Odin is notorious for being bad, so now people finally get to play as Owain but likely better. It was better he got in soon.

Besides, did you forget the CYL results, hence "Brave Redux"? These four characters were the four highest-ranked characters on the poll who were either non-summonable or not beast units. The same happened for last year too, except they also ignored main characters (Leif and Micaiah) since they ideally should be the stars of their game's first game-themed banner.

Blame the votes for these guys getting in now (like saving them for later is worth whining for).

Edit: Ninjad, but still, that is a petty complaint.

Edit 2: They are VERY CLEARLY saving the beasts for update 3.0 because there is no beast weapon yet. Of course they were left out.

Edited by NoirCore

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

"Not like this"

...who cares how the hell he's added? The fact that he's finally in AND Echoes actually got a new unit for once that isn't an alt seems great enough.

Also, Owain is a very beloved character not to mention Odin is notorious for being bad, so now people finally get to play as Owain but likely better. It was better he got in soon.

Besides, did you forget the CYL results, hence "Brave Redux"? These four characters were the four highest-ranked characters on the poll who were either non-summonable or not beast units. The same happened for last year too, except they also ignored main characters (Leif and Micaiah) since they ideally should be the stars of their game's first game-themed banner.

Blame the votes for these guys getting in now (like saving them for later is worth whining for).

Edit: Ninjad, but still, that is a petty complaint.

Why is it petty? Like I said, Kliff could've been in another Echoes banner, Owain is still an alt that could've just been saved for an Awakening banner. I'm not arguing against anyone not being popular here. Just them doing a pointless second Farfetch'd Heroes. It wasn't necessary since these units could've been added other ways and some FE games are in dire need of new banners.

And like I also pointed out, some beast units scored higher, so why aren't they in this? Because they'd require a bit more work? So what? They still scored high enough. Why choose to give the middle finger to people who want beast units?

So I don't see at all how my disappointment is petty. I'm allowed to be disappointed and believe this should've been something else.

13 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Screw everyone else, I'm going to get Loki.

My man.

Owain looks cool, but damn I need Loki. Kliff's okay, but he wasn't one of my more memorable units in Echoes so I don't need to get him. God bless Aversa being free.

Only thing missing here as a farfetched heroes banner is Charlotte.. but I guess that's a good thing, since my orbs couldn't take it right now. I don't even really have enough for Loki either.

Ok, I checked the Choose Your Legends 2 website, and... ignoring all beast/laguz units and Veronica (who got a Brave Version), Loki, Owain, Kliff and Aversa are the top 4 units that are not in the game as playable units.

• 10th - Loki;
  • 26th - Owain;
  • 33th - Kliff;
  • 41th - Aversa.

After Aversa, the next one would be Surtr (62nd), Haar (64th), Charlotte (67th)...

This banner, and GHB, are determined by the CYL 2 results.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

That special is just ridiculous, 25 flat damage when near an ally?? Just to give you context, Regnal Astra deals an extra 20 damage if Ayra has 50 speed. Thankfully the AI can't abuse it since they are dumb and will split away from each other.

Anyways I'm really happy that Kliff got in but I don't need anymore blue tome users nor do I need anymore infantry swords(sorry Owain). The unit I'm really excited for is Aversa and she's the GHB unit. I never thought they would give us a flying mage for free when all of them have been seasonal.

I don't care about Loki but I'll look out for her a-skill in the future.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ok, I checked the Choose Your Legends 2 website, and... ignoring all beast/laguz units and Veronica (who got a Brave Version), Loki, Owain, Kliff and Aversa are the top 4 units that are not in the game as playable units.

• 10th - Loki;
  • 26th - Owain;
  • 33th - Kliff;
  • 41th - Aversa.

After Aversa, the next one would be Surtr (62nd), Haar (64th), Charlotte (67th)...

I am both happy and a little disappointed. I’m happy because we didn’t get Surtr. I’m sad because we didn’t get Haar or Charlotte

So glad my boy Kliff finally got in and I'm so glad he's a Mage and not another Sword user mainly because I used him as a Mage in SOV~ Praying for him as a pitybreaker at some point~ Nice to see Owain, too~