New Heroes Coming: October 23rd (Brave Redux) Loki, Kliff, and Owain

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

She's 8 years older than Chrom, so she must have lived through that war. 

Was she that old? I do not recall anyone having a specific age.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the opinion that the Paralogues/recruitment dialogue are just poorly written excuses to give us the characters as playable, and not canon or even connected to the character portrayals we get up until those points.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Was she that old? I do not recall anyone having a specific age.

It was on her B support with F!Robin:

Aversa: Delusional? I think not. Chrom is a hot-blooded young man, after all, and young besides. And when two young, passionate people are thrown together in such situations... Well, sparks can fly.
Avatar: Two young people? You must be a dozen years older than him if you're a day.
Aversa: Why, you insolent little... Eight years! That's all I have on him! Eight!
Avatar: It might as well be a century.

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm of the opinion that the Paralogues/recruitment dialogue are just poorly written excuses to give us the characters as playable, and not canon or even connected to the character portrayals we get up until those points.

I mean, it's kind of hard to tell the canonicity of those paralogues, but I do agree that it feels unrealistic for Aversa to join us willingly on her own and oppose the ambitions of the man she considers her father, especially considering how much damage she has caused on her own throughout the story. 

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Although while Aversa is dragged down by her's, Walhart's combined with his supports (in Japanese only?) is perhaps a boost to him. Walhart did die and was buried, only to by sheer force of will come back to life- says something about his raging ambition.

Gangrel's problem- how did he not die and nobody saw it? Chrom had won final victory, he had alllllll the time to examine the body and dispose of it properly.

Emmeryn's problem- how did she not die and nobody from Plegia saw it, or how did she escape potential burial/cremation? You'd think Gangrel would have urinated over her corpse before having it buried in a latrine. Sure her death won the hearts of many Plegians, but like Gangrel gave a rat's rear end? There were sure to be lackies who would've done his bidding. At best, a conscientious objector saw she yet lived and "disposed" of her covertly.

Aversa's problem- Chrom commented on her escape the first time, how'd he not notice she'd done it again/wasn't actually dead? And the aforementioned character undoing.

Yen'fay is probably second only to Walhart in terms of being feasible, being this is an alt dimension one- the only question is how he got through a timespace portal.

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

To be fair I've learned that arguing what's canon in Fire Emblem is pointless. No one will be satisfied with whatever gets confirmed as canon, especially with awakening

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It was on her B support with F!Robin:

Aversa: Delusional? I think not. Chrom is a hot-blooded young man, after all, and young besides. And when two young, passionate people are thrown together in such situations... Well, sparks can fly.
Avatar: Two young people? You must be a dozen years older than him if you're a day.
Aversa: Why, you insolent little... Eight years! That's all I have on him! Eight!
Avatar: It might as well be a century.

Maybe I should have worded my question better. Her reaction made me feel a little bad for being surprised at her age.

F!Robin's tongue is as cheeky and sharp  as ever I see. Severa can learn a thing or two from her!

3 hours ago, Falter said:

I guess I missed that video, will have to watch that later today.

The video was from a long time ago. Can't blame you if you might've forgotten

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

She got votes for the same reason Loki got votes

Kinda. Originally it was partly that. But her amount of votes doubled for CYL2. The reason for this huge boost is highly likely that people wanted a non-seasonal mage flier for free

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although while Aversa is dragged down by her's, Walhart's combined with his supports (in Japanese only?) is perhaps a boost to him. Walhart did die and was buried, only to by sheer force of will come back to life- says something about his raging ambition.

Gangrel's problem- how did he not die and nobody saw it? Chrom had won final victory, he had alllllll the time to examine the body and dispose of it properly.

Emmeryn's problem- how did she not die and nobody from Plegia saw it, or how did she escape potential burial/cremation? You'd think Gangrel would have urinated over her corpse before having it buried in a latrine. Sure her death won the hearts of many Plegians, but like Gangrel gave a rat's rear end? There were sure to be lackies who would've done his bidding. At best, a conscientious objector saw she yet lived and "disposed" of her covertly.

Aversa's problem- Chrom commented on her escape the first time, how'd he not notice she'd done it again/wasn't actually dead? And the aforementioned character undoing.

Yen'fay is probably second only to Walhart in terms of being feasible, being this is an alt dimension one- the only question is how he got through a timespace portal.

Like I said, they're poorly written excuses. Makes more sense in terms of narrative and characterization for all of them to have died and stayed dead, and with the exception of Emmeryn, suddenly being cool with teaming up with the people who killed them (who are also cool with it). It would've been nice if they written in a way that more strongly and naturally connects who they were as an enemy with who they become as an ally. It would've gone a long way if they showed something like conflicting motivations/loyalties or whatever, which is why with someone like Camus, it makes perfect sense to change sides.

I don't begrudge that they exist though since "hey, you get to play as them" is neat and it's a game first, really.

38 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

To be fair I've learned that arguing what's canon in Fire Emblem is pointless. No one will be satisfied with whatever gets confirmed as canon, especially with awakening

As far as I'm concerned, if what's canon is poorly written and banal, it might as well be non-canon. I usually don't partake in these discussions, honestly, not when the rest of the writing isn't particularly strong.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

She got votes for the same reason Loki got votes

Honestly, I'm kind of tired of hearing this. Loki didn't get 10th place because BOOBS, every female character has boobs and Heroes has a tradition of making them bigger than they were in canon. She got votes for the same reason Veronica was voted, being a main villain of Heroes that we knew from book 1, even if she didn't reveal her true form, that people wanted playable + BOOBS. 

Boobs were the secondary reason.

24 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The video was from a long time ago. Can't blame you if you might've forgotten

Reveal hidden contents

Ow wow, that was a fun watch. The character choices are obviously from an era long gone, before the mass influx of alts.

7 minutes ago, Falter said:

Ow wow, that was a fun watch. The character choices are obviously from an era long gone, before the mass influx of alts.

Correction on my part. There are only three GHB candidates listed in the video contrary to me saying it's a GHB units with unique types/niches

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

M!Robin and Walhart's support was definitely really neat when Walhart's words shook Robin's resolve for a bit. And F!Robin and Walhart's A support makes me think that Excellus was told to convince Walhart to continue his conquest to Ylisse before stamping out the rest of the rebellion. 

But honestly, Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, and Aversa being alive in the end is something I feel is a case of space-time distortions. If time travel was meant to be a last resort, it's obvious that you are causing problems with reality, so things that don't make sense can very well make sense because reality got messed up. This is also how Yen'fay got in. Random portals do pop up when the barrier between worlds is messed with.

27 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Honestly, I'm kind of tired of hearing this. Loki didn't get 10th place because BOOBS, every female character has boobs and Heroes has a tradition of making them bigger than they were in canon. She got votes for the same reason Veronica was voted, being a main villain of Heroes that we knew from book 1, even if she didn't reveal her true form, that people wanted playable + BOOBS. 

IDRC if it's the 1st, 2nd, or 263547th reason, she still got in for being a walking sack of tits~ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Aversa is the only character I'm looking forward to so long as she's free. This banner is a safe skip for me thankfully since I'm still stockpiling orbs :)

Still I'm happy Kliff and Owain got in, I know people really wanted those two!

this is where i am at. 
a flying mage is what i wanted and i don't care if she's neutral IVS. it means i don't have to hunt for Nowi (even though i'd like her) and i can just concentrate on Legendary (and that can be a not even if Ninian/Bride Ninian/Bride Cordelia isn't there) and i can decide if i want to hunt for the Person Who Will not Be Summoned (aka LB!Mia)

18 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

IDRC if it's the 1st, 2nd, or 263547th reason, she still got in for being a walking sack of tits~ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I suppose you interviewed every single person who voted her to know this.

And you also discovered with your magic that every person who likes big boobs determined who to vote for by comparing bust sizes instead of every other aspect. Which is strange considering that I enjoy big breasts and have no problem with sultry, seductive characters and yet I didn't vote for Loki because I only have 7 votes and a lot of faves.

Besides the sarcasm, the actual problem I have with your post is that you forgot to specify that's just your opinion on the matter. An IMHO can make all the difference in the world sometimes, because without it people may think you are speaking as if your idea is the TRUTH that others don't want to admit. And that is a little closed minded and disrespectful towards the actual fans of a character imho.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

I am sure it was their charisma uniqueness nerve and talent that got Loki the spot, 3 Alts for Camilla and 2 Alts for Kagero in such a short time. (not that i mind Lokis release, i am all for OC banners, the more the merier, i also think that at the time of voting the fact she was the only Staff user with a legendary played a part too in it).

Edited by Hilda

27 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I suppose you interviewed every single person who voted her to know this.

And you also discovered with your magic that every person who likes big boobs determined who to vote for by comparing bust sizes instead of every other aspect. Which is strange considering that I enjoy big breasts and have no problem with sultry, seductive characters and yet I didn't vote for Loki because I only have 7 votes and a lot of faves.

Besides the sarcasm, the actual problem I have with your post is that you forgot to specify that's just your opinion on the matter. An IMHO can make all the difference in the world sometimes, because without it people may think you are speaking as if your idea is the TRUTH that others don't want to admit. And that is a little closed minded and disrespectful towards the actual fans of a character imho.

I think it's highly obvious I'm posting my opinion, as with pretty much everything most people post on forums~ It's a place to share opinions~ Most people have no problem admitting their fave character got in for popularity, appearance, etc so I don't see how it's "disrespectful" for fans of the character as they're free to have their own opinions on how x character got into the game. It's truly not that deep, but if you take offense to my post, that's your prerogative~

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am sure it was their charisma uniqueness nerve and talent that got Loki the spot, 3 Alts for Camilla and 2 Alts for Kagero in such a short time.

We are not arguing alts, who are decided by IS. We are arguing placement in Cyl who is decided by us players. Loki placed high because we voted for her, and we voted her because she is a new cool OC. Yes she got more votes than Laevatein, but maybe it'a because she appeared before her and had more personality than "I am the blade". But NO it must be boobs. Boys gotta be boys and vote with their peeenis amirite? This is what I find annoying, and I didn't even vote for Loki.

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I think it's highly obvious I'm posting my opinion, as with pretty much everything most people post on forums~ It's a place to share opinions~ Most people have no problem admitting their fave character got in for popularity,

I'm sorry I may have spoken out of line. 

I got triggered because you implied Aversa was voted because of her boobs when I would've voted for her even she was as flat as Cordelia, because she is my beloved wife.

I will never agree that a character popularity can be boiled down to their appearance, but since it's just your opinion I'm okay with it.

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's a place to share opinions~

It may be a place to share opinions, but it's not a place to be hostile to, condescending to, or dismissive of people simply because they don't have the same opinions as you.

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

so I don't see how it's "disrespectful" for fans of the character as they're free to have their own opinions on how x character got into the game.

"Walking sack of tits" could have been worded in a much less offensive manner.

35 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm sorry I may have spoken out of line. 

I got triggered because you implied Aversa was voted because of her boobs when I would've voted for her even she was as flat as Cordelia, because she is my beloved wife.

I will never agree that a character popularity can be boiled down to their appearance, but since it's just your opinion I'm okay with it.

You don't have to apologize, I'm sure plenty of people voted for Aversa because they married her, or genuinely like her; there's multiple reasons people could have voted for any character. Anything dealing with Nowi always boils down to being pedo-bait and I just have to deal with it. Like I said, it isn't that deep, it's just peoples' opinions~

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It may be a place to share opinions, but it's not a place to be hostile to, condescending to, or dismissive of people simply because they don't have the same opinions as you.

"Walking sack of tits" could have been worded in a much less offensive manner.

I don't know where I was hostile, condescending, or dismissive, nor demanding people share my opinion~

And I also don't consider that offensive but that's just me~

Won't lie. I like everything about Loki but her looks especially.

The manner by which people react so negatively to the sort of women I like (and refer to them in all sorts of pejorative and shaming ways) just gives me additional reasons to vote for them. These are often the same sort of assholes that will call them 'thot' or something similar. That, to be, is what is disgusting.

I won't vote for Loki now that she's gotten in so my votes might now be transfered to Charlotte. Or maybe Camilla if people freak out again about her and start a campaign so she does not win.

Edited by Vince777

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I mean, it's kind of hard to tell the canonicity of those paralogues

Well Walhart's Heroes dialogue seems to imply he's Paralogue!Walhart what it's worth, so they seem to be sticking with it being canon. Wouldn't be surprised if Aversa's lines implied the same for it. 

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Only have 39 orbs right now though so not really liking my chances of diving into red hell yet again, and I still need Halloween Mia/Jakob and wait to see the legendary hero. 

We're the same. I had 54 orbs but had a small lapse in judgement a day before I was going to allow myself to spend and ended up dropping 22 orbs on the Halloween Banner attempting to snag H!Mia. It just left me with a 3.75% rate (albeit also with a Sothe). I'm at 35 now, which will be 40 when arena ends. I'll likely only spend the initial 15. Or less if there are any green stones which I'm almost hoping for.