New Heroes Coming: October 23rd (Brave Redux) Loki, Kliff, and Owain

Coolmanio

Quick analysis

Loki - High atk and spd allows her to use Healer brokeness to its max level and healer really only need either high bulk(speed or defenses) or high damage to finish stuff off. Her staff is frankly not as flexible as actually Gravity. So yeah another one those "they are healer so they are broken as shit by default" unit who you spend 40000 on and cheeses almost anything

Kliff - 

Odin - basically take Ayra, improve her enemy phase and nerf her player phase. Their stats is close to identical and ATK is meaningless in places when you special spam. Note that you CAN build Odin Player phase with Missiletain and Ignis or 3CD special. Provided Odin doubles were looking at instant Ignis. 

Uhh yeah Blue Flame is not that good in so far that a 3 CD special loses out 10 damage with full dual Phase is not much of a loss. Its still a very good special though

Kliff - i think his best build is flashing Blade close counter. Hes confusing as fuck

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Loki is just another healer with a meh weapon

Kliff sadly looks a bit disappointing.

Owain is Ayra with one less atk and one more res. People are overhyping Blue Flame. You won't get it realistically during PP

4 hours ago, Otts486 said:

Ok so while I cannot speak for everyone, the problem I have with the popularity of characters like camilla, loki, and tharja is that I generally feel like IS is disrespecting me as a fan. I mean I have nothing against fanservice when done properly(I.e seasonal banners, charlotte, senran kagura, etc.) but with characters like these I feel IS is just thinks that they can just make me like(probably not the best term but I can’t think of any better way to explain it) a character by just slapping on some big tits and a seductive yandere personality with really no rhyme or reason beyond just otaku fetish pandering. it’s just so blatent and obvious what they’re trying to do and that honestly bothers me. I mean I get it sex sells but could you at least make an effort to try and write an actual character and not just some waifu pandering bullshit. That’s not to say loki, camilla, or tharja are bad characters or that I dislike them quite the contrary actually. I think they’re decent characters in their own right. It’s just that the fanservicey(leering camera angles, obsessive and clingy, seductive) elements of their characters just feels so tacked on and lazy and doesn’t integrate themselves well with the other aspects of their characters. Again I have nothing against fanservice when done properly but here it just feels arbitrary and there to pander. It’s as if IS thinks all we care about is T&A when really that isn’t the case(at least for me anyway) cause I know there are plenty of people who like these characters(myself included) for more than just their fanservicey aspects I don’t think IS realizes this(and if they do they don’t seem to care) and honestly that irks me quite a bit. Anyway rant over. 

Though I cannot wait to summon for Owain!!!

That's lovely.

And this is the wrong topic for it.  Then again, I can't think of an appropriate topic for this kind of thing.  Maybe a blog or something, where you can rant about it to your heart's content.

2 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Brace yourself, mongrels.

Blue Flame is inheritable. Owain isn't going to survive for long.

I can see the Blue Flames on Legendary Ikes now. Anyone else associated with blue flames?

And wow that's surprising, good that we finally get a new inheritable special at least. Funny how him and his relatives Chrom/Lucina are wanted for their specials for fodder

Blue Flame and Wrath makes him really good fodder, too but I guess you need Karla/Nephenee to get the full Wrath line.

Hahahaha. Lol. Now everyone can get Blue Flame. Owain isn't special. In all honesty, Luna is superior to Blue Flame on Owain. Still, that's a really good skill to run on a unit like Fir

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, hey. With Blue Flame, we finally have a decent inheritable 500-SP Special for just dealing damage.

And I'm honestly happy it's a skill that encourages enemy-phase builds.

Shame it'll highly likely be locked on one unit, but if this is a precedent of things to come... I'm interested in seeing what new things they have to offer

Well, it looks like I got a neutral Kliff on my third session. Not bad at all.

Also, I'm now banging my head realizing I should have been able to predict Owain being released back when Ophelia was announced. I'd been thinking it was awfully strange that Ophelia's Missiletainn in Japanese was a prefixed weapon as "Magic Tome Missiletainn" despite Missiletainn not being the name of a weapon yet. I'm so bad at connecting dots.

Well, Aversa looks very fun, and holy crap was not expecting Blue Flame to be inheritable. I feel a little bad for Owain.

Also, it seems like Special Spiral would've been a much better fit for him. Missletainn let's him guaranteed proc on the first EP, and then it stays active forever. Wrath, he's got to delay a turn. He seems solid, but eh, again, more than enough sword infantry.

EDIT: Holy shit! Got Loki with 5 orbs! Res boon, attack bane, but who cares! Now if only I had dazzle fodder...

Edited by bottlegnomes

So, Blue Flame is inheritable and it's part of the Glowing Ember to Bonfire line.

I was wondering if Merric would be a good user of it because of his unique refined Excalibur, base refine gives him special count-1 and its unique refinement gives him Atk/Spd+5 when he's 2 spaces near mages and healers. It would be less consistent than Bonfire and even more restrictive if you're relying on only its unique effrct for the attack and speed boost, but if you can make it work, then Blue Flame would be stronger than Bonfire. For Bonfire to add 25 damage, Merric would need 50 defense where he starts with 28 neutral base and 32 fully merged. Blue Flame on the other hand just needs him to be adjacent to an ally. With Bond stacking, he should be able to do a lot of damage or be very tanky. The other added bonus is that Merric would want Bonfire and Blue Flame is part of it, so he can switch depending on what you need him to do.

Otherwise, other than units with Killer, Bond, or -owl weapons like Chrom, Flora, Innes, Katarina, or Lucina, I'm not sure who would be a good time user of Blue Flame.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm not sure who would be a good time user of Blue Flame.

Fir. Cute girls blowing people's brains up

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Fir. Cute girls blowing people's brains up

She'd be under the Killer weapons part assuming she's using Nameless Blade or even Slaying Edge+.

Edited by Kaden

Huh. Is this the first ever inheritable combat special to be added beyond the ones in the base game? That's pretty significant. And yeah, first inheritable 500 SP special with 3 charge, too.

Spoiler

c5a1722f60.jpg

2c8e443f5e.gif

So between her PRF and the C skill, Aversa can inflict Panic on enemies adjacent to each other and on enemies cardinal to her at the same time. Pictured is Aversa with Arena bonus and F!Grima activating her Blessing for the Spd. Could push it even further if I wanted to take off F!Grima's Summoner Support (I don't) so not even Arden would be safe.

If only I had a second Laegjarn, I could actually make this. But my current Laegjarn is +Def/-HP which is actually really good, so that's a no-go.

Edited by Ice Dragon
Use spoilers for datamined things

Dropped 37 orbs onto the banner with no 5* to show. Arguably the best thing I got was a 4* +Atk/-Def Priscilla (I now have the copies to make a +10 Serra, Clarine, and Priscilla with great or otherwise decent IVs; Serra and Priscilla being +Atk/-Def and Clarine being +Spd/-HP).

May or may not try again later for Loki. But first, there's the upcoming Legendary Heroes banner.

Nice to have a banner with more guys than girls (since Radiant Dawn's IIRC?) The guys have especially interesting kits too!

It took me a while to realise Owain and Ophelia's weapons have the same name, which opens the door for FE8's Excalibur (a sword) to make an appearance someday. I dunno, maybe Marisa could get it? Or Gerik, if he and the rest of his mercenaries join (I look forward to people thinking he's a reference to Greil...)

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Nice to have a banner with more guys than girls (since Radiant Dawn's IIRC?) The guys have especially interesting kits too!

It took me a while to realise Owain and Ophelia's weapons have the same name, which opens the door for FE8's Excalibur (a sword) to make an appearance someday. I dunno, maybe Marisa could get it? Or Gerik, if he and the rest of his mercenaries join (I look forward to people thinking he's a reference to Greil...)

Sorry, but i'm pretty sure Excalibur is still an anima tome in Sacred Stones, even if it's called The Wind Blade.

4 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Sorry, but i'm pretty sure Excalibur is still an anima tome in Sacred Stones, even if it's called The Wind Blade.

You're absolutely right! I feel so ashamed of myself xD

But hey, that just means CYL Eirika could come with "Sacred Excalibur" or something, since FEH established she knows (some) magic!

14 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Hahahaha. Lol. Now everyone can get Blue Flame. Owain isn't special. In all honesty, Luna is superior to Blue Flame on Owain. Still, that's a really good skill to run on a unit like Fir

it makes you wonder if Owain will be the Demote, eh?