New Heroes Coming: October 23rd (Brave Redux) Loki, Kliff, and Owain

Coolmanio

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

it makes you wonder if Owain will be the Demote, eh? 

I don't think we have a "demote" here. Last Farfetched/Brave Redux banner units all remain 5* exclusives. The only one who isn't is Joshua, who came as a TT reward. 

In this case we have Aversa, as a GHB.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

I don't think we have a "demote" here. Last Farfetched/Brave Redux banner units all remain 5* exclusives. The only one who isn't is Joshua, who came as a TT reward. 

In this case we have Aversa, as a GHB.

ah I see. 

(Boo. i missed out on Joshua. that was before my time). 

My hope is I can get all the Aversas. she seems cool. 

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

it makes you wonder if Owain will be the Demote, eh? 

A demote is unlikely. Last year's CYL not-already-in-the-game runners up banner did not include demotes, and I believe all three of the characters on that banner are also internally flagged as unable to spawn in randomly generated game modes (like Training Tower) (correct me if I'm wrong), just like seasonal and CYL banners and free reward characters.

Edited by Ice Dragon

46 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Nice to have a banner with more guys than girls (since Radiant Dawn's IIRC?) The guys have especially interesting kits too!

It took me a while to realise Owain and Ophelia's weapons have the same name, which opens the door for FE8's Excalibur (a sword) to make an appearance someday. I dunno, maybe Marisa could get it? Or Gerik, if he and the rest of his mercenaries join (I look forward to people thinking he's a reference to Greil...)

Others this year are the Fallen, Chrom, and FE4 banners.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A demote is unlikely. Last year's CYL not-already-in-the-game runners up banner did not include demotes, and I believe all three of the characters on that banner are also internally flagged as unable to spawn in randomly generated game modes (like Training Tower) (correct me if I'm wrong), just like seasonal and CYL banners and free reward characters.

Strangely, the OC banner does not have that flag.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

It took me a while to realise Owain and Ophelia's weapons have the same name,

That's actually an artifact of the localization. Their names are different in Japanese.

Ophelia's weapon is "魔書ミステルトィン", "Magic Tome Missiletainn".

Owain's weapon is just "ミステルトィン", "Missiletainn".

Well, "Mysteltwinn", but I'll stick with the official localization.

I've been experimenting to see how high Loki's HP can go with her base kit, an HP boon, and the resources I personally have available. The answer is 60 if she is fielded with F!Grima and L!Ike with an Earth Blessing.

I then decided to dreamcraft and see how high far she could go with things I either don't have or won't change: L!Tiki as Legendary #3 (it'd make a viable team even!), Summoner Support, Arena bonus, and 10 merges...

...And this abomination was the result.

Spoiler

3e57c386d7.png

It's the Cleric from Abyssal Marth all over again, but even worse and under player control.

3 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I've been experimenting to see how high Loki's HP can go with her base kit, an HP boon, and the resources I personally have available. The answer is 60 if she is fielded with F!Grima and L!Ike with an Earth Blessing.

I then decided to dreamcraft and see how high far she could go with things I either don't have or won't change: L!Tiki as Legendary #3 (it'd make a viable team even!), Summoner Support, Arena bonus, and 10 merges...

...And this abomination was the result.

Hide contents

3e57c386d7.png

It's the Cleric from Abyssal Marth all over again, but even worse and under player control.

Give her panic then

17 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Nice to have a banner with more guys than girls (since Radiant Dawn's IIRC?) The guys have especially interesting kits too!

It took me a while to realise Owain and Ophelia's weapons have the same name, which opens the door for FE8's Excalibur (a sword) to make an appearance someday. I dunno, maybe Marisa could get it? Or Gerik, if he and the rest of his mercenaries join (I look forward to people thinking he's a reference to Greil...)

The Genealogy Banner with Lewyn and Quan also had 2:1 male-female~