Grand Hero Battle - Aversa: Dark One (October 25th~)

Coolmanio

Announced on Japanese twitter and shown in Intro video for Brave Redux. More info will be posted later. Note that her subtitle is my translation and may change when there is an official English translation posted. (遊女 literally means prostitute, but I have a feeling Nintendo ain't gonna use that)

imfe3ibrknt11.jpg

Edited by Coolmanio

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so excited about this, Aversa's by far the hero I was most interested in that was possible for this year's Farfetched Heroes and I'm even more excited that they made her a GHB! No struggles with the RNG and everyone gets access to a free mage flier (and our first non-seasonal red one at that).

Clear best unit being the GHB, that's kinda unprecedented. After comprehensively failing to get Summer Tana earlier this year, I suppose this is good consolation. Unlikely she'd have the speed to supplant the premier blade mages though, but if by some miracle she does have 35+, instant 5*+2.

This is the best free unit yet, and I'm saying that before we know skills/stats.  Flying tome user is one of the rarest unit types in the game, and mostly limited to seasonals.  This is a unit that the vast majority of players, veteran or otherwise can make use of cause they likely don't have a unit of the same type in their barracks.  There is Summer Tana and Halloween Nowi...that's it.  I tried and failed for Summer Tana....I can't wait to have Aversa.  

Hey that tome looks unique as well right?  

Well, Aversa was someone I expected to see on the semi-inevitable Fartherfetched Heroes banner, though if she lost her spot on the banner to Loki, then I can't really complain about that. Especially since we're getting 3 copies of her for free (hopefully Flyboy Takumi And His Backup Dancers can handle Infernal).

Now I'm just gonna hope that she has Aversa's Night as her weapon (hopefully with built-in Daylight on Special activations, since AN was a Nosferatu-type weapon) and Shadowgift as a unique skill of some kind (maybe a B Skill that gives her Galeforce when her Special activates? Shadowgift allowed the use of Dark magic in classes other than Dark Mage/Sorcerer, so having it give a skill fliers can't normally have in Heroes would maybe kinda replicate that?).

Actually, I expect Aversa to be somewhat similar to F!Morgan. Maybe some difference in stats here and there, but still very much similar. It would give her a slight difference compared to the other red mage fliers

20 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Actually, I expect Aversa to be somewhat similar to F!Morgan. Maybe some difference in stats here and there, but still very much similar. It would give her a slight difference compared to the other red mage fliers

Halloween Nowi is already pretty much Red Morgan though. And with Bride Sanaki as Green Morgan, all three colours have been covered for the good-attack, middling-speed flying mage. Same with fast ones too, admittedly, with Tana, Camilla/Corrin and Nino.

Meanwhile, the very first flying mage is still in a niche all by herself, so if they wanted to make an interesting alternative, Aversa should be red Spring Camilla.

Edited by Humanoid

15 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Premium unit type for free? That’s new. Hope she has some useful skills to give as well.

Maybe we can guess her Weapon at the very least? I am not sure what her tome is though.

Actually, I think it is just Fenrir, which is a bit disappointing. Maybe they will give her an exclusive tome though and that she is just wielding Fenrir and not Fenrir+.

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe we can guess her Weapon at the very least? I am not sure what her tome is though.

Actually, I think it is just Fenrir, which is a bit disappointing. Maybe they will give her an exclusive tome though and that she is just wielding Fenrir and not Fenrir+.

She wields Goetia, the A rank Legendary Dark Tome of Awakening, in her enemy encounters, so there may be that. It doesn't have any special effects in Awakening though, so it's anyones guess what it does.

There's also Aversa's Night, which is a stronger variant of Nosferatu.

...also keep in mind that since the image is from the Normal mode of the map she appears in, all the enemies are using either Iron or Steel rank weaponry, including Aversa, who is using the Dark versions of Red Tomes.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm glad she's free, red tome flyers are scarce so it's nice to get one with no cost. Hopefully her map doesn't have crappy enemy reinforcements.

I don't recall either map she is fought in having reinforcements, however there is also the Wellspring of Truth, whose map pitted the players army against exact copies of the players army, save for weapons and support levels.

It'd be interesting if we were against enemy units wielding the weapons of Askr, Muspell, and Nifl units.