Grand Hero Battle - Aversa: Dark One (October 25th~)

Coolmanio

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Anyways, here.

That looked fun! Fae and Serra divide the map perfectly in two. Fae had this Firesweep lancer to tickle more Aether out of her and Serra had Azura helping. 

Impressive how Serra one-rounds Pegasus fliers, I remember they were annoying to deal with magical damage. Best way to counter Vantage vengeance: miracle. 

Congrats! 

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

One thing I regret is not giving everyone their mask accessories since it would have really fit with the Persona 5 theme used as the Justice Cabal fights this villain.

Ah ok, didn't see the theme immediately.

The clear was intense! Beaming, buffing and debuffs by Morgan, which didn't help Gerome much because he was panicked (didn't bug him too much though). The end was cool when Aversa went southwards with the big rest of her army. Great movement there, congrats! 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/24/2019 at 10:49 PM, Zeo said:

@Landmaster A cool, albeit quick clear. I've never seen Sue or Green Leo in action before. Was cool seeing them. Lunatic clears are rare these days, but they do allow for more team diversity due to the more lenient stats on the enemies.

One of my best sets of clears, this map here. Matthew's was epic, Morgan's was epic and the Lon'Qu clear is probably still my favorite Special Clear to this day. Serra steps in and has her turn with this map but it wound up being a rather simple affair. I could have swapped out the DD3 seal on Fae for the CD3 seal but it didn't end up mattering. I needed Drive ATK on L!Azura to give Serra the punch she needed to start the map out because she was forced to eat a nasty special the following turn otherwise. After that it was trivial.

I could have went an alternative route to give Eliwood and Azura a bit more screentime, but it ended up being smoother just going with what I did, plus you get to see just how deceptively tanky Serra is. I wonder if I should give her Fear+ and Close DEF just to make her unfair up close (and increase ATK power!). Anyways, here.

Gharnef is Serra's last stop on the GHB train. After that we've got the BHB coming in few days, then the ultimate set of LHB clears at the end of the month. After that I think I'm going to be done again. Not for good, but this has been something of a vacation and it's just a little time consuming. I've got to get back to other things. So we'll close the month with a bang and go about our business once again.

I find Fae face tanking the world on the right side of the map pretty hilarious. And also scary because she’s succeeding. These clears to me are starting to feel like it’s both Serra and her adorable pet dragon's journey to discover worlds unknown so I’m head cannoning this now, thanks. Fear would make Serra even more tanky than she can get with all these buffs. Would be really nice to see her taking that out for a spin~

On 8/24/2019 at 11:41 PM, mcsilas said:

Oh hey a new subforum!

Team is +Spd/-HP Owain, +HP/-Def Male Morgan, neutral Cynthia and neutral Gerome.

Music is Blooming Villain from Persona 5

-So Owain and Morgan have done this map before and are somewhat veterans, but that still doesn't make this clear a pure cakewalk. A lot of resets were involved, and I did end up almost beating it once with an impressive Owain using Brazen Atk/Def to tank Aversa, the brave lance flier AND the green axe flier near the end, but I was in the train so I couldn't record. By the time I could I just forgot and failed to recreate that, so I had to improvise again after some hours.

-Just like the Grimleal clear, Morgan had to be offensive at the start deleting the archer, then switch to teleporting sniper/supporter mode with Escape Route tactics. That green mage with 1 HP left was really annoying but I had to live with it as Morgan needed to warp to the right to delete the Brave Sword. He needed the Atk boost from Brazen to do this, but due to his low health I had to be careful where to place him but also keep in mind Aversa's debuffs turning his own Buffs against him.

-Batman/Gerome really shined in this clear. He kept the right side in control at the start, tanking the armour. With a Drive Atk from fellow flier Cynthia (embarassingly forgot she had this for a while and used the seal instead) and the Steady Blow seal, he just KOs the Firesweep flier then returns to his block the armour with Hit and Run. In fact, his base PoleAxe/Hit and Run just worked so well while he sniped the annoying blue cavs in this map while providing an anchor for Morgan to warp next to.

-While Owain couldn't do that impressive Brazen tanking that I mentioned earlier, he still had his time on the spotlight near the end creating a chokepoint in the left near the end. Owain Dark needed the power of bonds to defeat the Dark One: Aversa which cleared the way for Morgan to finally finish off the green mage opponent he could barely beat at Turn 1. Finally, I let Gerome have the pleasure of finishing the map with how he started- by tanking blue units with ease.

-One thing I regret is not giving everyone their mask accessories since it would have really fit with the Persona 5 theme used as the Justice Cabal fights this villain.

Oho, some Awakening kids fun! I am a religious shipper of Gerome and Cynthia so I was totally here for them supporting each other on the right side. Until he decided to turn into batman and work alone. Morgan is really a champ flying all over the place to save everyone. Owain is really brave, End Turning in front of a swarm of enemies but his friends save him. That last turn was awesome!

@mcsilas I'd watched this as soon as you posted it but I never got around to responding! Morgan continues to prove just how great of an opener he is for this map. Gerome was the true star though. His tankiness was put to the test here, but not only that, his attack power as well. Having enough power to oneshot some of those units was really something. Cynthia played a smaller but crucial role mostly in support here but she helped out for sure. Now for Owain, as the clear progressed it didn't seem like he was going to do anything, then his health was reduced to 3 which had me go "o_o". But it was all according to plan. The execution of the team cleaning house on that last turn was just beautiful. It was even the perfect setup for the last flier to suicide on Gerome on the last enemy phase. A lot of perfectly timed specials here, even at the end.

@Landmaster That Fear staff is coming sooner than you think~ And as far as your headcanon, seeing as Serra traveling through time after Matthew and Morgan's journey's end is literally the canon in my FEH universe, you're on the right track.

Edited by Zeo

• 3 years later...
On 10/30/2018 at 11:15 AM, Yggi said:

Not too difficult, per se, but the Aversa Tome changed everything i had in mind playing hard and lunatic. Funny GHB overall.

Updated the clear and finished the map 3 minutes faster xD

Edited by Yggi