Grand Hero Battle - Aversa: Dark One (October 25th~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when was Aversa's panic range infinite? I thought it was only from two spaces, not literally everywhere. You can't even reach her goddamn HP threshhold so you spent the entire fight debuffed into uselessness.

Edited by Nanima

Argh, everybody is far away and the only unit in reach got Guard of course. Good luck @LordFrigid!  /Edit: Argh, also those starting positions! 

I'll have to wait until this evening before recording something .. provided there is something to record. 

Edited by mampfoid

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I thought it was only from two spaces

You misunderstood the description of the tome, maybe. It affects everyone who is adjacent to an ally, without any mention of spaces.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You misunderstood the description of the tome, maybe. It affects everyone who is adjacent to an ally, without any mention of spaces.

Ah right, that makes it no easier due to lack of space, but at least I know now just how stupid this map is.

Yep.  I can pull Lunatic with the horsies but won't even give infernal a try without a guide and someone busting their brain for me. 

I've got the 4* version, the 2000 feathers can wait. 

(edit: also, damn that Aversa art looks good)

Edited by Vince777

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Argh, everybody is far away and the only unit in reach got Guard of course. Good luck @LordFrigid!  /Edit: Argh, also those starting positions! 

I'll have to wait until this evening before recording something .. provided there is something to record. 

I’ll get mine posted later. I figured I’d wait and see if we get another topic with actual battle info.

I was able to do it with my "usual" team. I switched Genny out for Marth since the enemies are spread out and there's little space to maneuver. Ike with Radiant Aether was the MVP

Relatively simple actually, save a few hiccups figuring out what does what, who goes where, and why Kinshi!Hinoka repositioned Ishtar to directly in front of the unit I wanted her to get away from.

Video to come, because internet is being dumb and not uploading fast enough...

EDIT: Video is here!

Spoiler

If I may say, it's okay to take the effects of Aversa's Night on units you are sure won't be entering combat, or are still able to net the kill despite the debuffs, such as Bows against Fliers or Lewyn being Lewyn.

Edited by Xenomata

The enemy stats were honestly too low to be interesting. Everyone dies to an unbuffed = +1 Bow Lyn, which is...

They could've at least made it so you needed a tactics team properly positioned to do it easily. That said, I imagine Abyssal will be more interesting---assuming I don't decide to just triple flying dancer cheese it with one of my tome fliers.

The enemies stats aren't anything impressive but Aversa's tome can be annoying. I didn't want to deal with Aversa's shenanigans so I went with one of my flier emblem teams. The team was NY!Azura, Elincia, S!Corrin, and F!Grima. Grima was the mvp for killing the archer, green mage and Aversa turn 1. After figuring out the proper positions, Elincia proceeded to kill everything.

I wasn't sure how to tackle Infernal at first. But I figured I would try and brute force it with young Tiki.

First turn, I threw Tiki with Quick Riposte and Distant Def seal towards the left side. She KO'd the Mage, damaged the Archer and baited Aversa.

Next turn I had Tiki finish the Archer, then I threw Bride Cordelia at the newly spawned Cavalier and Aversa, before finishing her turn in range of the Axe Flier.

With ally support (I think?) and Drive Def, she survived with HP to spare.

The rest of the turns was dancing Cordelia all across the map with two dancers. Tiki also helped a bit with Draw Back.

Not looking forward to Abyssal in the future DX

I thought this was one of the more fun maps in a while. Aversa forced me to not abuse flier buffs, so I spaced my units out and went without. I could have switched some more goads in, but I was lazy. It was fun seeing Kinshi Hinoka get some action with this map, popping fliers and armors near the bottom of the map with Camilla and Cordelia (staying 1 space apart) kept the left side in check. I didn't feel a need to bring a dancer for this one either, which has been a rarity.

Edited by Alkaid

Managed to clear Lunatic and am now struggling my way through infernal. This would probably be a lot easier if I didn't limit myself to just Takumis. Those armours are nearly invincible to archers. Especially the sword one. Screw that guy.

Edited by Nanima

Funny thing is, I thought that due to the ridiculous terrain of this map that flier emblem was the way to go.

I got through hard and lunatic with a flier team of bow Hinoka, NY!Azura, summer Tana, and bride Sanaki, but I couldn't do anything on the infernal map. So I switched Sanaki and Tana out with legendary Ike and blue Reinhardt.

By the way, I don't really know how I did it, but somehow this team was able to beat infernal Aversa. I'm not complaining.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I’ll get mine posted later. I figured I’d wait and see if we get another topic with actual battle info.

I found a way too, future vision was very helpful again.

Do you have a cav unit that is able one-round the armor and proc GF? My OG Cordelia (no Cav, I know) would need Summoner Support, which I didn't want to grind this time. Greens don't take enough damage (and don't meet the HB requirement if not named Cherche). 

Once again L!Ike, B!Lucina, and Julia cleared Infernal, with L!Lucina coming in as the spare of the week. Aversa was, unsurprisingly, the main problem until I decided to wipe her out ASAP. For that I just threw Ike straight up the left side with B!Lucina two spaces behind him. I actually didn't end up finishing her off until turn 3, but by then her HP was low enough that her tome effect wasn't working. The rest was simply camping the left side of the mountain and killing everything as it came at me.

1. Neutral L!Ike+1: Reposition, Axebreaker 3, DD3 seal
  2. Neutral B!Lucina+2: Reposition, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3 seal
  3. +Spd/-HP Julia+1: Swap, Glacies, Fury 3, QR2, Drive Spd 2, Atk/Def 2 seal
  4. +Res/-Atk L!Lucina: Luna, Spd/Def 2 seal

Used L!Ike B!Lucina Myrrh and B!Lyn. Just used spd boosted Ike to bait out the entire left side. Myrrh and Lyn to pick people off when necessary. Thought it was a healthy challenge overall

Could probably sub out Myrrh for a well built Beruka and B!Lucina for Marth/Corrin (supported to Ike) for a mire accessible approach

Edited by colossus86

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I completed Hard and Lunatic, and I will not try Infernal so soon... Imagine how difficult will be Aversa's Abyssal!

I am not sure where the problem is though. Askrtrio and Veronica can clear it with no dancer help and flier (honestly dancers and fliers + merges = easy mode on this map). Just give it a try and fiddle around with it you get to the solution at one point.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am not sure where the problem is though. Askrtrio and Veronica can clear it with no dancer help and flier (honestly dancers and fliers + merges = easy mode on this map). Just give it a try and fiddle around with it you get to the solution at one point.

“Just use Veronica”, from the creators of “Just use RD Ike”, from the creators of “Just use Hector”.