Advice on transfers

Crystalflame

Hello everyone, long time reader first time poster.

Ive beaten PoR and RD on normal mode, now im going to replay PoR for RD HM transfers. Which characters besides jill, sothe and nephenee should get transfers? Also how can i check if my RD is compatible with easy mode PoR?(im playing via dolphin). If its not compatible with easy, should i play PoR on normal or hard? 

First priority I would say is to just use who you like most. Barring that, the ones who get a noticeable boost out of transfers, aside from the ones you listed, are Marcia, Astrid, Makalov, Calill, Ike, Soren, Rolf, Boyd, Mia, and Tanith.

Definitely PoR normal mode if you can't use easy. No reason to play hard and end up with less experience.

It might be a good idea to skip Sothe. I mean, he can get some decent gains in theory but his stats in Radiant Dawn are already pretty much his averages at lv20 in PoR. Besides, his biggest problem in the long term are the low caps of his class. And no PoR bonuses can fix that.

I assume when someone is specifically playing for transfers they'll be doing at least some degree of save abuse to ensure stuff like Sothe ending up below his RD bases just doesn't happen. From my own memory getting him 20 Def in PoR (for a +6 boost to his base in RD) isn't especially tedious and helps a lot in part 3 and late part 1. And, naturally, part 4, should one choose to continue using him.

Radiant dawn was my first ever fire emblem game so im biased towards Dawn Brigade characters. 
I will save scum sothe since he only takes around 1500 bexp to get to 20? 
I used astrid with transfers in my normal game run, she was supported with fiona. Neither were very usable at the beginning but endgame they wrecked everything, i dropped titania and oscar for them.  I dont think ill give her transfers though, it was hard enough to get her going in normal mode.
Also used illyana in both PoR and RD(with transfers), she was used in every chapter she was available and i wasnt too impressed with her in either game. In PoR she didnt cap anything except resistance and skill, and in RD soren and sanaki outperformed her except in the chapter full of dragons.
Do i use transfers only for units that i plan on using throughout the entire game? And how many units can get transfers on NM without boss abuse? So far my planned RD team is forced units+ zihark(never used him), nolan, jill, marcia/tanith, soren, laura/mist and aran/nephenee. This is under the assumption that i can get 6 characters+sothe to max lvl. Is this realistic? On my last PoR run only illyana volke rhys and astrid got to 20/20 by the end of the game.
edit: its my second playthrough so i want to get the extra ending scenes as well.
edit2: what is this 34speed cap i keep reading about in HM threads?

Edited by Crystalflame

7 hours ago, Crystalflame said:

I used astrid with transfers in my normal game run, she was supported with fiona. Neither were very usable at the beginning but endgame they wrecked everything, i dropped titania and oscar for them.  I dont think ill give her transfers though, it was hard enough to get her going in normal mode.

?

I don't really understand that last part. Transfers will help Astrid get going, so wouldn't that naturally mean you'd want to get them for her?

Do i use transfers only for units that i plan on using throughout the entire game?

Well if you're not going to use someone, it should only make sense that transfers on them won't help.

And how many units can get transfers on NM without boss abuse?

Focusing on it, I can get ~10-13 depending on the units I choose. That's largely without boss abuse, but it does involve killing every enemy and using BEXP efficiently.

edit2: what is this 34speed cap i keep reading about in HM threads?

34 Speed is considered the "magic number" for endgame because it lets a unit both naturally double the spirit enemies (who cap at 30 Spd) and double Ashera's auras when using Nasir's White Pool boost (bringing them to 39 Spd against the aura's 35 Spd).

On 10/23/2018 at 6:59 PM, Florete said:

?

I don't really understand that last part. Transfers will help Astrid get going, so wouldn't that naturally mean you'd want to get them for her?

Should have clarified, i will not be using units i used in my last run(astrid, fiona, meg, edward, rhys, all royals)

On 10/23/2018 at 6:59 PM, Florete said:

34 Speed is considered the "magic number" for endgame because it lets a unit both naturally double the spirit enemies (who cap at 30 Spd) and double Ashera's auras when using Nasir's White Pool boost (bringing them to 39 Spd against the aura's 35 Spd).

How important is this? It seems like its just 2 chapters so i might not care enough to build my team solely around this. Also i dont use dragons, only used kurthnaga with paragon+blossom because i wanted to get every royal to lvl 40.

EDIT: I started PoR but boyd and oscar dont have bands, what gives? The wiki says bands appear automatically from 2nd playthrough onwards.

Edited by Crystalflame