OST predictions and expectations

So basically what I would want out of an OST for 3H.

I should first start off by saying I love the GBA and SNES games. That's mostly because of it's memorable characters and OST's. Which is why I will be using songs from these games as examples.

• Main Map Themes
Spoiler

What I want for Maps Themes is to reflect the environment in which our characters are in. For example if we are in a forest  then I want a "Within the magnificent nature" or if we're in a snow or winter map then I want a chapter 4 of genealogy of the holy war. Or if there is FoW maps then have a FoW theme. Or if there any gaiden/paralogue maps then have a gaiden/paralogue theme. ect... You should get the point.

• Opening narration
Spoiler

I missed the opening text at the beginning of every chapter in older FE games and is one of the things I wish they brought back. No the little descriptions that Fates and awakening does not count. Since 3H looks to be a large scale game I hope to have grand theme something like the intro to Game of thrones. 

• Boss theme
Spoiler

Boss themes have been very consistent in that they give the feel of how tense they can be. My favorite boss theme is from Thracia 76 but "Rise to the challenge" is a close second.  Something interesting about "Rise to the challenge" is that it gives a different feel. It sounds like more of a fun jam, while stilling being tense. My hope for 3H is that we have more of those "Fun"  and energetic themes.

• Recruitment theme
Spoiler

Speaking of which, you know what else should come back? Epic recruitment themes that feels inspiring, like Sacred stones  "Comrades" or Binding Blade's "Join us!" or perhaps something new. I could care less,  just please let it happen!

• Enemy phase
Spoiler

First there should an enemy phase theme, since that's were most of the action in FE takes place. Specifically I want each country having it's own theme. Basically like in  Genealogy, where each country had it's own theme and thus gave it it's own identity. For example if were're fighting Fergus(the country with the griffin on a blue background in the northern part of the world map) then I want an "Army Thracia". Or if were're fighting Adrastea(the southern country with the red background) then I want an "Army agustria". Even if were're fighting bandits there should be a "Verdane Army" to along with that ect. That's my biggest hope for 3H and I would love it for that. One last bit, as I said before the music should reflect the environment, and does apply to enemy phase as well, such examples include "Nabata's Wandering Messenger" "Silesia Army" and "Polar Region". 

• Victory theme
Spoiler

Come on I.S please let there be one in 3H. It's one of the things modern FE is missing, and I kind want theme to revisit again.

That's pretty much it, got any thoughts? Since no one has started a thread like this yet, I figured I give it a shot. 

Awakening and Fates kinda did away with the recruitment themes. Yes, they still had it, but it was underwhelming. Even when I was playing Birthright, I didn't even notice that there WAS a recruitment theme. Echoes brought it back, and it really felt like you accomplished something, like saving Mathilda or recruiting Zeke. Seeing Zeke turn on Jerome after learning that Tatiana was rescued is one of the most satisfying moments in any video game, and the recruitment theme playing in the background solidifies that moment. That, and the fact that Zeke's entire army just turns around all at once, which is freaking awesome.

If anything, I just want there to be a noticeable recruitment theme. I think I can bank on all the other music being great.

I shamelessly prefer the minimalist sound of Awakening or the period-accurate pieces in Fates (e.g. Homesick, Paradise) over the older, more traditional soundtracks. Also I hope they don't do separate enemy phase music and battle music. Just have it all flow together with variations like in Fates. I sometimes turn off music all together because I get tired of hearing the first three bars of the enemy phase music over and over (and it's cool to hear the sound effects by themselves).

But a remix of Together We Ride could be cool too.

Edited by anikom15

I absolutely LOVE path of radiance and Radiant Dawn's ost...like seriously, you guys have no idea what I'd do to get another fire emblem as good as those two >:)

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It's so good!!

Also in general, we need another trailer of three houses soon, but there's rumors of a nintendo direct in november so hopefully then!

8 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

I absolutely LOVE path of radiance and Radiant Dawn's ost...like seriously, you guys have no idea what I'd do to get another fire emblem as good as those two >:)

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It's so good!!

Also in general, we need another trailer of three houses soon, but there's rumors of a nintendo direct in november so hopefully then!

Same here! I also hope that's true it'll be brutal to wait at least 2 more months for more info!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 4:24 PM, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Same here! I also hope that's true it'll be brutal to wait at least 2 more months for more info!

We may get one sometime next month. It would be stupid to wait until spring. 

On that note, my only big wish for the music is that it be done by a real orchestra and inspired by classical arrangements of the real world, given this game’s European roots.

22 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

We may get one sometime next month. It would be stupid to wait until spring. 

Yeah I have a good feeling of that too it would be kinda ridiculous to wait until a couple months very close to release to finally start advertising your big spring game of next year.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

1. A cool opening theme, similar to the original Gaiden's or something like the game of thrones theme which I LOVE, but generally something that is epic and prepares you for the grand adventure 3H will probably gonna be.

2. If there is exploration like echoes which is most likely, I want themes that are european inspired and fit with the environments. For example, when being a castle/palace you will hear a Waltz-like theme. When being on the fields you will hear things like flutes and and such and the list goes on.

3. Recruitment theme like echoes. The GBA games had good themes but they were played during battle. You found allies while battling. If there is exploration then we can find allies outside of battles. So a more pleasant but still rewarding piece is needed.