Do you think women have better fashion options than men?

XRay

When I shop for clothes with my friend, I feel a little envious because she can browse all the nice looking dresses, shoes, and accessories, while the men's section is kind of, shall we say, bland and boring. I might even spend a little more time browsing women's clothes than she does. I love browsing through lady's trench coats, high heels, and if we are in Victoria's Secret, the perfumes. I sometimes check out their lingerie too, and I find myself gravitate towards the lacy ones.

In contrast, when I shop for clothes, all I see are just boring stuff. I wish the clothes are more interesting to look at since I take time browsing my clothes too. I mean, I still pick the bladest clothing pieces anyways (unless it is a trench coat, I pick the ones that look the fanciest), but I wish most items were not equally bland.

Edited by XRay

You are much braver than me to just go poking around in lingerie shops or something.

I guess it's true? There are more types of clothing for women, while men really just wear either shirts or suits. I don't really feel strongly about it since I personally don't care that much about how I dress, I guess. I have seen male celebrities in Asia wear flashier clothes with elements that would be considered feminine a few times though.

I kinda think men have the better hat game.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You are much braver than me to just go poking around in lingerie shops or something.

You are giving me too much credit. I am not that brave. I have my friend to accompany me so I do not look like a complete perv! Although I kind of am.

She is like my passport and shield to Victoria's Secret. Without her, I think I would immediately be dead with all the ladies shooting me with suspicious, creeped-out stares.

Certainly more variety then men, especially in regards to formal wear. On the plus side, I assume it's easier for men to decide what to wear or buy. I know for a fact that if I had a wide range of variety, I'll take a long ass time to decide what to get.

Women can pick from dresses and stuff like that, but I think men have the better t-shirt and hat options. Women's t-shirts a lot of the time are v-necks and I can't wear those because the neck line is so low that my boobs are hanging out a bit. Those shirts cater only to women with bigger boobs and I'm fairly flat. :/

And men's t-shirts consist of a lot of gaming tees and such. I almost never find any of these in women's or girls'. I buy my t-shirts from boys and men sections most often.

So I think it's more or less kinda equal.

No, were just easier to dress. Men's fashion doesn't change to much, like how we've been wearing jeans and tshirts since the 70's.

The classic suit and tie has been going strong for +100 years now

What more do you need besides fatigues, jeans, t-shirts, and leather jacket/coat? Women simply have more options when it comes to the variety of clothing depending on the social event or for lounging. Although most women I've known like wearing men's clothes because from what I'm told are more comfortable. There is also nothing sexier than a woman wearing your tees, or dress shirts for lounging about. 

@Anacybele You just have to know where to look. https://www.snorgtees.com/https://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/funny-womens-t-shirts/https://www.nerdyshirts.com/collections/womens-slim-fithttps://www.thinkgeek.com/clothing/womens-tops/.

16 minutes ago, grinus said:

What more do you need besides fatigues, jeans, t-shirts, and leather jacket/coat?

Outfits that look somewhat cool and fashionable. And variety is the spice of life you know! 

I have worn fashion boots before and they're pretty fun to wear. Also fishnets look pretty cool on most people. I would love to try on a skirt or dress though.

5 minutes ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

I would love to try on a skirt or dress though.

Meh, I've tried, they just feel weird. Maybe it was the one skirt I tried wearing, or the one dress I tried wearing were just really poor made, but they both just felt like there was extra pointless weight and frills on it.

For this topic, of course women have more options with fancier wear, since a lot of the time they need to wear a larger variety of things. Most women are concerned about wearing different dresses that fit the occasion (or at least in my experience, since my mom has nagged me my entire life about only having one dress shirt for any occasion.) Also jewelry,  although I have seen some guys wear rings when fancied up, perfume, although we do use cologne, and make-up, which I've been told is uni-sex but I have yet to see a guy wear make-up in person. Men do get hats, namely the fedora, which while it's uni-sex, they look way cooler on guys. Also cuff links, but we also have to wear ties, and I hate ties, so take that as you may.

49 minutes ago, grinus said:

There is also nothing sexier than a woman wearing your tees, or dress shirts for lounging about. 

I am inclined to agree, although there is one thing slightly sexier. Throw in a yawn, and bam, max sex appeal.

50 minutes ago, grinus said:

Thing is, it'd still be better if I could also just walk into Walmart or Target or Kohl's and find as many gaming tees for girls and women as I do for men and boys.

8 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

make-up, which I've been told is uni-sex but I have yet to see a guy wear make-up in person.

If you've been to a theatre performance with dudes, then you've seen men wear make up. Actually, pretty much anything that requires them to look their best. It just is mostly just concealer though.

4 hours ago, Raven said:

Yeah.

Give me all the frilly skirts, thigh-highs and french undies.

Just do it man

You only live once

I have three skirts in posession with a blouse on the way (blasted international shipping takes forever)

Edited by BLSoldier

@Anacybele You are asking big corporations like Walmart and Kohl's to understand niche market awareness.  I think the needs of women are being considered more and more so even these companies will eventually start carrying more options but until then You have a lot of options elsewhere.

Sometimes, it's difficult to understand how they don't get it since I see the demand every time I've gone to a big convention anywhere or look at a big marketplace like Amazon. I've worked for a few large corporations so the wheels there turn fairly slowly. Smaller shops tend to be more nimble and understand demand faster.

2 minutes ago, grinus said:

You have a lot of options elsewhere.

Like what? I'm not at all familiar with those links you gave me. I already shop at a lot of places, I don't really need to be adding more anyway. I also prefer buying clothes in stores so I can try them on.

49 minutes ago, BLSoldier said:

Just do it man

You only live once

I have three skirts in posession with a blouse on the way (blasted international shipping takes forever)

Yay, I wish more guys were like you.

Women have better options, because women can also wear whatever men wear and have it be socially acceptable.

6 hours ago, I'm a Spheal said:

On the plus side, I assume it's easier for men to decide what to wear or buy.

It is much easier to decide what to wear or buy.

However, unlike most dudes though, I take a reeeeaaally long time shopping if I want to buy something nice. I have a policy of not buying anything made in China or other authoritarian/communist nations unless there are no alternatives, so I frequently go home with only two or three clothing items despite spending the whole day shopping. If it is just plain shirts and pants, a variety of countries make them, so I just go to Walmart and can pick something out relatively quickly.

6 hours ago, Raven said:

Yeah.

Give me all the frilly skirts, thigh-highs and french undies.

4 hours ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

I have worn fashion boots before and they're pretty fun to wear. Also fishnets look pretty cool on most people. I would love to try on a skirt or dress though.

2 hours ago, BLSoldier said:

Just do it man

You only live once

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Yay, I wish more guys were like you.

I think I would only cross dress if my future significant other/spouse wants it. I definitely do not want to do that in public, it is too embarrassing. I do not think I would mind showing off to my friends either, but they are indifferent to it.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And men's t-shirts consist of a lot of gaming tees and such. I almost never find any of these in women's or girls'.

Is there a difference in male and female t-shirts, sweaters, and most tops though? I bought a Friends female hoodie the other day, but it did not feel any different from my other hoodies.

4 hours ago, grinus said:

What more do you need besides fatigues, jeans, t-shirts, and leather jacket/coat?

I am not sure. The fashion industry did not give me any interesting options or ideas.

4 hours ago, grinus said:

There is also nothing sexier than a woman wearing your tees, or dress shirts for lounging about. 

I agree. It is something instinctual. It is like marking your possessions and territory with your scent, except in a human way without the need for pee or poop.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Women have better options, because women can also wear whatever men wear and have it be socially acceptable.

Yeah. Women got like double the options.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Is there a difference in male and female t-shirts, sweaters, and most tops though? I bought a Friends female hoodie the other day, but it did not feel any different from my other hoodies.

There isn't really a difference in hoodies, no. But t-shirts can be different. Men's tend to be looser while women's more often hug their curves. Women's also more often have those v-necks. And I still find more gaming tees in men's and boys' than women's or girls'.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is like marking your possessions and territory with your scent, except in a human way without the need for pee or poop.

Phrasing it like that kinda makes it lose some of the sex appeal, unless you have a scat fetish, which I do not. I do have a skat fetish though