Biographies of the Crusaders Feedback

Interdimensional Observer

Neir's bio was an entertaining read.  About what I expected from him, though I was hoping to see more about his relationships with other Crusaders like Baldr.  Apparently his descendants and Baldr's are on bad terms with one another (I haven't played FE4 past Chapter 3, so I don't know for sure), so I was curious about whether or not that was a result of something that happened between Neir and Baldr themselves.

Another minor criticism I have is some inconsistent naming conventions (some Crusaders use their localized names from Heroes, but others don't; Thrud and Njörun go by their Japanese names of Tordo and Noba, respectively).

On 10/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Neir's bio was an entertaining read.  About what I expected from him, though I was hoping to see more about his relationships with other Crusaders like Baldr.  Apparently his descendants and Baldr's are on bad terms with one another (I haven't played FE4 past Chapter 3, so I don't know for sure), so I was curious about whether or not that was a result of something that happened between Neir and Baldr themselves.

Another minor criticism I have is some inconsistent naming conventions (some Crusaders use their localized names from Heroes, but others don't; Thrud and Njörun go by their Japanese names of Tordo and Noba, respectively).

I can always go back and add more, filling in additional info. I'm wasn't aware of any bad blood between Baldr and Neir, but if it exists, I could see about adding that.

I wanted to set up more Crusader group dynamics, and certainly have it so some meet and get to know each other pre-Miracle, but as I haven't defined them all well yet, I wasn't exactly sure how to arrange things. That and I think the approach I went of them splitting up, a logical move, might have gotten in the way. I did a little with Bragi and Neir here, but I do want to do more in the future.

As for the names inconsistencies, I'll correct that later. SF hasn't updated its name pages to include all FEH additions, I glimpsed Fjalar on the FEH board, but missed the rest. Might not have happened if they gave me incentive to play.

If Heim is aloof and almighty, a god among gods, I wanted someone to be the everyman Crusader, and chose Neir for the task. Using the old FE4 Treasure drawing of the 12 Crusaders, I looked at them and kinda had to settle on Neir for the role. Hezul/Hodr and Dainn (will his name get the mythologically correct extra "n"?) looked too mean. Bragi and Heim are too saintly, Ced looks too mysteriously whimsy. The rest are workable, but I think Neir looked the best for the part.

I too took pity on Neir, for his descendants in FE4 being outside of Lex, seem to be some combination of bad and or forgettable. The family had to have an ancestor to redeem them, or to make them look even worse in how far they've fallen.