New Sprite I Made

GashingGallade

I dunno, Finn looks a little, bland? His eyes should be a little smaller, a longer nose, and a thinner face. His shirt should be a more pastel blue, and add some shading to said pastel blue, since one plain color looks bland. There might be some shading there, I dunno, it's kinda small. Still, better than I could've done, so good job.

Looks like you're just starting which is cool, but jumping right in and drawing free hand can be challenging. Using parts from actual mugs like you did for the face is actually a really good idea, I don't know how much you know about spriting but there's a whole genre of mugs made of other mugs called splices. The body is kind of a mess, it helps a lot to look at the official mugs and even portraits that other people have made to get a feel for the style. I think a great way to get familiar with it is to make splices of your own, where you would just build the whole sprite out of pieces of official mugs. Here's a basic splicing tutorial that I made if you want to try that. Good luck with future sprites!