Fire Emblem: A New Dawn (Currently in production)

Jey the Count

image.png.a3664b6e8be9cab3916ee59738d38397.png

Welcome, ladies and gentleman!

I have a great pleasure to inform you that I am working on a new hack: Fire Emblem: The New Dawn! 

The story picks up where FE6 leaves us (Bern being defeated, Idun unsealed, Roy learning the 'truth' about the Scouring) and tells the story after ten year,s when the allied occupation (Lycia and Eturia) of Bern ends. Meanwhile new disorder erupts in Lycia, as some of the nobles are displeased of Roy's new kingdom (which he formed after the war). Unrest raises on the Western Isles due to lack of competece of the new Eturian king. Isles, despite gaining partial independence are still owned by Eturia in some parts.  A young sacean girl named Sarnai is passing her final trails before becoming a true sacean huntress.

All these three stories are connected by a sinister cult, worshiping that what used to be...

FEATURES:

a) Reworked promotions. I added some new classes and made the already existing not to double. For examble, the armor knight now promotes to (of course) General or Vanguard (heavy knight with lances, bows and magic), archer has 'hunter' and the second chosable class, etc;

b) Compeling, epic story with a darker overall tune comparable to FE4;

c) Fates of many characters revealed at once (many are dead, though :D);

d) Custom animations for most  characters;

e) Epic and moving end to some stories unfinished in the previous games.

RETURNING CAST:

- Roy, king of Lycia - married Sue (not Lilina and this is a plot device!) - uniter of Lycia, most do not understand his dream. Believes in humankind;

- Sue, queen-consort and true heir to the Caelinian throne. Mother of prince Hector of house Pherae;

- Lilina, marquesses of Ostia. Has some doubts about Roy's monarchy, but supports him nonetheless. Still has hots for him;

- Priscilla, marquesses of Cornwell - the house was rebuilded by Roy;

- Echidna - Queen-regent of the Wester Union. Tries everything in her power to stabilize her homeland and cease any hostilities with Eturia;

- Milidain - new king of Eturia. He is bad at being king and relies on his trusted advisors do rain in his name;

- Klein - helps Milidain with his work. Is often sent as the embassy of the king;

- Danyan, the Silver Wolf - raises the new generation of famed sacean nomads;

- ??? - the defender of Sacae, known as the Beast (can't reveal this one, it's too hilarious);

- Nino - the new archsage; (-ish? not really, very powerful. Speaks with ghosts);

- Lugh, Raigh, Jaffar - Nino's family. Along with her try to avert the inevitable fate;

- Gwynevere - the new queen of Bern;

- Idun - snapped out of it. Finally.

- and many more...

NEW CAST:

- Theodore - marquess Arphen;

- Daria - daughter of Erik;

- Darius, son of Erik

- Hector - son of Roy (yes, he has THE NAME)

- all the others marquesses;

- Gren, knight of Arphen;

- Gerard, illian merc;

- Jeff, very bad spy thief;

- Elizabeth - cleric;

- Thorne, new marquess Thiria, Roy's trusted advisor;

- Sarnai - young huntress from Sacae;

- Big chuck of characters that are in a way spoilerish.

MAPA.thumb.png.cb1b613f0e5d8636212607287ac0f146.png

If anybody wants to help, I would welcome it openly. You can contact me eaisly. I should reply the same day.

Progress info:

ACT I:

- Lycian arc: 5/5 chapters made!

- Interlougue 1: done!

- Sacean arc : 0.5/5 chapters made

- Interlougue 2: done!

- Eturian/Islander arc: 0/5 chapters made

ACT II:

- Mid arc: 0/3 chapters made

- War of the Sun God arc: 0/6 chapters made

ACT III:

- Return of the Old Gods: 0/5 chapters made

- Final arc: 0/3 chapters made

Total: 5.5/32 chapters made

Credits:

Credits.txt

Regarding the potential hype:

Don't. I know that there are people that will hype my hack. I firmly believe that it will be good, very good. But I don't want enybody to expect more than can be done with the limited human resources (ie. me) and the engine I work on (ie. FE8). If you believe that it will be revolutionary - you'll be disappointed. Just - don't hype.

Edited by Jey the Count
Because

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there is much to be built on here. i dont like that lilina isnt married to roy, it literally doesnt make sense. i get the idea of trying to be original but i dont think you should stray to far from what was already built. you should focus more on Etrutia because its the one country you see the least of, rather then going back to sacae. obiviously this project is already along the way but just 1 guys opinion. 

If it were me, i would make it a rebellion against Roys leadership as the head of the Lycian league and he gets driven out by the other marquessess and flees to Bern to receive aid from there previous enemy. somewhere along the line alliances keep sprouting up, Illia sides with Roy because there loyal, while sacae sides with the Marquessess cause they still feel the pain caused by Bern and cannot be party to anything they do. i think id wanna keep the dragons out of this one and keep it more political rather then fantasy. Eturtia is like the neutral party and you should have like side chapters where you see the nobles trying to take back the western isles and your group (new/old characters) under like percevel, cecila and the new general try to prevent that from happening because they are indirectly supporting roy (until they eventually join up with him) cause the nobles just want money and the marquesses are willing to pay for materials, labour, etc.

30 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

i think there is much to be built on here. i dont like that lilina isnt married to roy, it literally doesnt make sense. i get the idea of trying to be original but i dont think you should stray to far from what was already built. you should focus more on Etrutia because its the one country you see the least of, rather then going back to sacae. obiviously this project is already along the way but just 1 guys opinion. 

If it were me, i would make it a rebellion against Roys leadership as the head of the Lycian league and he gets driven out by the other marquessess and flees to Bern to receive aid from there previous enemy. somewhere along the line alliances keep sprouting up, Illia sides with Roy because there loyal, while sacae sides with the Marquessess cause they still feel the pain caused by Bern and cannot be party to anything they do. i think id wanna keep the dragons out of this one and keep it more political rather then fantasy. Eturtia is like the neutral party and you should have like side chapters where you see the nobles trying to take back the western isles and your group (new/old characters) under like percevel, cecila and the new general try to prevent that from happening because they are indirectly supporting roy (until they eventually join up with him) cause the nobles just want money and the marquesses are willing to pay for materials, labour, etc.

its not fire emblem without a touch of fantasy

I mean, I like Sue, and that married sprite you did of her is quite good, but like Zihark said I feel like it doesn't really make much sense. And if you are just having them be married as a plot device, then that kinda weakens the relationship, or the idea of it at the very least.

Lilina and Roy are the best of friends, at minimum. Hell, he named his son Hector in this hack, that's going to mean a lot to Lilina. She isn't going to actively support a revolution, and I don't really buy her being a "Republican at heart". That isn't the vibe I've ever gotten from Lilina in the story, in her supports, or in general. They clearly like each other a lot. So, we can build off of that. Lilina would naturally be a close adviser to Roy, so maybe she gets a bit too close at points. Not saying Roy would have an affair, although that would be really interesting to see unfold, and it would fit your darker tone. After one egregious action from Lilina, Sue gets extremely mad, assumes the worst of Roy, and goes to see her mother, Lyn, who is hanging out in Etruia, chilling with some old cameos like Pent, Louise, and the like. As for why Lyn is over there, aside from it being the place to be, maybe she didn't like the way Sacae felt after a while, there was tension in the air, any excuse really. Then, the gaiden chapters are either her journey to Etruia, or her misadventures while there.

I'm going to assume that New Hector is the main lord, so the story is going to be mostly from his perspective. He would've certainly been told tales of both wars, and of both his father's and grandfather's great deeds. So I think he should have a bit of an inferiority complex. Like, he can't imagine that whatever he does could possibly top the legacies of those he came from. With that idea out, that brings me to

Also, I kinda want Erik not to be a dick again. It's been done at this point, maybe instead he could act as the Hector-Like death in the story, make him sympathetic, having changed his ways, or at the very least softened his hatred to the point where he's actually likeable in the "I'm a likeable douche" kinda way. Or, he could be the Jagen. Having softened his edges a bit, he decides to enlist as a knight under Roy as an apology. After some time, Roy assigns him to watch over and teach Hector. The two then grow a great bond, but Erik is still Erik, and is kinda a douche, so he decides to mock Roy and Eliwood with Hector. This could rub off on Hector, who then grows a rebellious streak that can work in tandem with his inferiority complex to make him hate his father. 

Perhaps Hector is patrolling the countryside, and hearing that some people are starting a revolution, joins them. Yeah, he fights against his father. This is a fan-hack, we could go that far.

I have some more ideas, but I'll save them for later. Best of luck with your hack, sounds like it should be pretty cool

Sorry guys, but Roy will be married to Sue no matter what. I'll explain why:

- I give Lyn the canon partner in Rath. (if you want to know why, there is a video on YouTube explaining why it's the best pairing);

- So she is technically the heir to Caelinian throne;

- Roy has two another potential partners: Sophia and Lilina.;

- I want Lilina to in opposition to the idea of kingdom, not Roy. She thinks that the League worked well and it shouldn't be changed. She will remind Roy time and time again how close he was and how he drifts away form her ideals. 

- Also, Sue is my all time single best unit from FE6 and the ultimate Mongolian waifu.

---

Roy doesn't want to be a dictator. But after hearing the stories from his father and seeing the infighting in the Alliance itself he deemes it weak and wants to make things right. Idealistic as he is, he crowned himself king, not for his own benefit but for the sake for his people.

Why Erik is Erikish again: The same reasons as Lilina, but he has a personal grudge for the house of Pherae. His doughter is raised in this atmosphere, but after another defeat and speaking to Roy she begins to doubt her father actions.

Regarding Etruria. I go with the Radiant Dawn kind of story. As you can see on the map, the Islands are still a part of it and it also vassalized some tribes north of Nabata. They don't see they actions as wrong since they defeated the big baddy Zephiel. The Western Islandic rebellion has no major impact after all and the old régime returns.

I don't count Sacae as a legitimate country.

No, 'new' Hector is not the main lord, he is eight years old by the love of God! (Ten years has passed from the end of FE6)

Now an addition:

WHO IS DEAD:

- Lyn, Rath, Florina - died in a tuberculosis epidemic;

- Fiora and Kent's children - slaughtered by Bern forces;

- Marcus - died of old age;

- Farina, mother of Lilina died with her husband;

- Klein - commited suicide in a pirate prison after being captured by islanders and tortured;

- Wallace - old age;

17 minutes ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

- I give Lyn the canon partner in Rath. (if you want to know why, there is a video on YouTube explaining why it's the best pairing);

- I want Lilina to in opposition to the idea of kingdom, not Roy. She thinks that the League worked well and it shouldn't be changed. She will remind Roy time and time again how close he was and how he drifts away form her ideals. 

- Also, Sue is my all time single best unit from FE6 and the ultimate Mongolian waifu.

---

Roy doesn't want to be a dictator. But after hearing the stories from his father and seeing the infighting in the Alliance itself he deemes it weak and wants to make things right. Idealistic as he is, he crowned himself king, not for his own benefit but for the sake for his people.

Why Erik is Erikish again: The same reasons as Lilina, but he has a personal grudge for the house of Pherae. His doughter is raised in this atmosphere, but after another defeat and speaking to Roy she begins to doubt her father actions.

Regarding Etruria. I go with the Radiant Dawn kind of story. As you can see on the map, the Islands are still a part of it and it also vassalized some tribes north of Nabata. They don't see they actions as wrong since they defeated the big baddy Zephiel. The Western Islandic rebellion has no major impact after all and the old régime returns.

No, 'new' Hector is not the main lord, he is eight years old by the love of God! (Ten years has passed from the end of FE6)

Now an addition:

WHO IS DEAD:

- Klein - commited suicide in a pirate prison after being captured by islanders and tortured;

- Wallace - old age;

WHAT. THE. FUCK?

Btw where's my Heroines Echidna? 

3 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

---

Now an addition:

WHO IS DEAD:

- Wallace - old age;

i mean you make Roy out to sound like the bad guy in this game.Roy in general is not an idealistic person. he just wants to what he can to end the fighting and so that peace can once again flourish.

At this point i think its be better off just to make all new original characters, rather then change whats already built, it would be super weird to play a game where everything you know is just basically thrown out the window, relationship and characterwise which in my opinion is one the backbones of many fire emblem games except Fates. 

No no no!

I am sorry if you find Roy to be the bad guy. I might have shown my thoughts wrongly...

He actively tries to be a good king. He doesn't want to fight, in the prologue he states to Theodore that he shouldn't attack and asks if there were causalities on the both sides. He refuses to execute Erik for treason, he tries to show him his case.

I don't make Lilina a rebel leader too. She respects Roy and helps him if she can, but questions his right to claim the crown. She believes that the League worked just fine. 

You need to understand that ten years has passed. Roy is 28, an adult man. What is more for a period of time he used the Sword of Seals which had Hartmut's soul in it (although he had put it away some time after the war).

He is a different man than we knew. He always believed strongly in ideals, that is why he helped the resistance on the Islands even though it had nothing to do with the actual war he was fighting in.

About the new characters... Of course they will be the main emphasis of the story! Most of the old cast will serve as NPCs, only a few joining your ranks.

8 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

Meh, I personally like Lyn and Hector, but Lyn and Rath does make the most sense in universe, so that checks out.

With Lyn being Sue's mother, that does make sense.

Oh, Roy has way more pairings. He could hook up with Lalum, who is a hooker (The game's logic, not mine). He could marry Celicia, but why, why would you do that? And he can also marry Shanna I think. It might not be Shanna but there is a sixth pairing.

Lilina is quite stubborn, so even with the evidence that the League is kinda a terrible idea, since there is always in-fighting, I could see her believing that. I don't really think that she would tell Roy that he's drifting away from what she believes. One of the things she admires most about Roy is his hard work, and she would recognize that running a kingdom is much harder. Also, since she does still have feelings for him, she certainly wouldn't complain much about his ideals, at least not to him.

This is your hack, so having bias towards characters and the like does occur. While logic dictates that Sue isn't the best unit, bias wins out. Hell, Lilina is mostly a terrible unit, since she is basically a slightly slower but stronger Lugh, and she's my favorite Binding Blade character.

I'm pretty sure that the people adore Roy, and if he became the king of the land there would be very little grumbling about it. I'm pretty sure it would be near impossible to raise an army directly against him if you're inside Lycia.

Ah, didn't realize he had a daughter. That changes things. She wants to be a different man than her father and believes in Roy. Checks out.

Now, I kinda have a problem with this. Etruia is clearly different from the Begnion Senate. Most people were shown to be relatively uncorrupt, or at the very least not every ruler is evil. The Begnion Senate had one dude who could be considered decent, and also the sexiest man alive, but even he doesn't get a pass, meanwhile there are rulers of Etruia who were shown to be competent, and also not douches. Another problem with this is that it undermines the importance of our previous actions. That's really the problem with setting a hack afterwards, you have to say "Oh, but not all was well", even though things were clearly set up to be peaceful for a while. FE7 was able to do this through a cliff-hanger esc ending, showing that Zephial was evil and still a threat, but that didn't undermine your actions since the quest was more about finding yourself and also stopping a Dragon over in the Dread Isles, which aren't really visited in FE6. FE6 was about saving the world, and trying to weed out corruption which is plagueing Elibe. And we kinda do that by the end, the world is saved and most people who could be considered corrupt are either dead, in jail, or have lost all of their power. In other words, the book was closed, we had a definitive end that left a bit of room for imagining. Think of the final Harry Potter book, well the final good Harry Potter book. Deathly Hallows left a bit of imagining with Harry's children, and then Cursed Child comes in and ruins it. Now, Cursed Child is terribly written, and that leads to some of it's faults. But removing the mystic of the end, it kinda lessens the final impact. Then again, this is a fan hack, and not canon, so you're kinda fine from this.

I don't see why it wouldn't be a country. It's a country of nomadic peoples, half the people in Ilia barely live there since they're out getting their mercenary on, why would nomads be much different? There have been plenty of nomadic states throughout history. The Mongols, the Huns, the Xiongnu, so on and so forth.

So does that mean Roy is the main lord again? That's a little lame to be honest. Because with Roy, you run into the dilemma of power balancing. Roy by the end of FE6 was a fighting machine, mostly due to the Binding Blade. So you either make him super strong, which throws the power balance of enemies and other characters out the window, or you weaken him down, which brings us back to the "Our actions didn't really account for much" thing again. Roy is in his prime, the strongest he will ever be. There isn't really much he can do to grow from there. I suppose he could be the Jagen, but then who would be the lord? That Theo dude? 

WHO IS DEAD:

- Wallace - old age;

I have trouble believing people would die of sickness in the Elibe universe. We know like two people who've gotten sick, Natalie, and Eliwood, and neither died. One had an injury that could be fixed with medicine, and the other just never died (well, it was never stated that he lived or died, so it's safe to assume he lived). Nobody even dies when deliberately poisoned. I think it's safe to say that viruses and bacteria in Elibe are just really weak.

Didn't realize Kent and Fiora could support, neat. Children dying, not neat.

Marcus and Wallace make perfect sense, they're pretty old.

Farina, while my last choice for Hector to marry, I would think that Hector would send her off so she wouldn't get hurt in the fighting. Then again, she is Farina, so she probably would just come back anyways.

Klein, uh, what the fuck? First problem is how would Klein get captured? Most people say he is really strong, and he probably could be a Sniper General of Etruia. I doubt that he would be able to be captured by some Pirates. How would he even kill himself in a prison? And since he's kinda a really important dude to Etruia, they would know what he's doing at most points of time. I just don't think Klein would ever get in that situation to even be able to commit suicide.

Hey, thanks for feedback!

No, Roy is OP as ever and will not be a main character. He will have some cameos, but mainly in the end, Athos - style.

I don't treat Sacae as a legit country. They are Mongols, but Mongols before the Chingis Chan. Before the magic man who basically conquered the world they were groups of nomads living on a fixed territory, but without any central authorities or fixed laws (the THIS IS THE LAW OF SACAE doesn't count, it's more informal and traditional). That's why they are not a real country. A nation - maybe. But not a country.

To Eturia - have you ever played the Elibean Nights hack? It's great. There are some chapters regarding Raven and the Isles. Basically, most of Eturians don't even know what is happenig there. Think about this as a Cossack Ukraine of sorts. (I'm Polish, so I have good knowledge about this peroid - basically, polish magnats were using Caoosacks as peasants and treated the BADLY at minimum, so they raised constant revolts) That's why Klein was captured and ultimatelly killed (I can throw away the suicide if you really want). And that gives the eturian goverment a 'right' to make the represions worse.

I made the map to fit itno the game (246x160). Linking it below.

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

7 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

That's why Klein was captured and ultimatelly killed (I can throw away the suicide if you really want).

I think suicide isn't really strong enough. Like it has a big initial shock, but not much beyond that. Make it a public execution, like he was beheaded in the middle of the pirate camp as a way to show Pirate superiority above Etruia. If we want to make it more badass, we have Klein dodge the axe or whatever, take out like 12 guys, and then get shot in the chest with an arrow, boom, poetic injustice.

8 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

I think suicide isn't really strong enough. Like it has a big initial shock, but not much beyond that. Make it a public execution, like he was beheaded in the middle of the pirate camp as a way to show Pirate superiority above Etruia. If we want to make it more badass, we have Klein dodge the axe or whatever, take out like 12 guys, and then get shot in the chest with an arrow, boom, poetic injustice.

Great idea.

However it's not about injustice... Klein is executed by the Islanders, because for them he is an oppressor and enemy. No matter how just man he may be, they treat all Eturians as evil.

He wasn't even completely aware of what was really happening there.

That's why it is so tragic.

So, the order of things:

- Klein goes to the Islands on a routine 'check if everything is alright' mission.

- On the sea, he gets captured by insurgents and taken to their camp.

- Aware, that they have enemy general in hands, the Islanders decide to make a showoff and kill him publicly as a simbol for rebels.

- During the execution, Klein breaks free and takes some enemies before being cornered.

- He jumps at them, to his death.

- He gets murdered and (maaabeee) his head is sent to Aquileia.

- Eturian magnatery gets pissed off and sents army to make the repressions even worse.

- Everyone is not very happy.

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

6 hours ago, Hare'da-irijon said:

Great idea.

However it's not about injustice... Klein is executed by the Islanders, because for them he is an oppressor and enemy. No matter how just man he may be, they treat all Eturians as evil.

He wasn't even completely aware of what was really happening there.

That's why it is so tragic.

So, the order of things:

- Klein goes to the Islands on a routine 'check if everything is alright' mission.

- On the sea, he gets captured by insurgents and taken to their camp.

- Aware, that they have enemy general in hands, the Islanders decide to make a showoff and kill him publicly as a simbol for rebels.

- During the execution, Klein breaks free and takes some enemies before being cornered.

- He jumps at them, to his death.

- He gets murdered and (maaabeee) his head is sent to Aquileia.

- Eturian magnatery gets pissed off and sents army to make the repressions even worse.

- Everyone is not very happy.

Looks good to me.

THE MAP TEXT FROM PROLOGUE (might be adjusted after suggestions):

In the aftermath of the war between
Bern end Lycia the two countries were
left in ruins.
The Allied forces, consisting of Lycia 
and Eturia began their occupation of 
the teritory of Bern.
Soon after, a peace congress in the city
of Bern was held.
Triumphant leaders of the allied forces:
lord Roy of Phreae, lady Lilina of Ostia and
lady Cecilia, Mage General of Eturia,
decided to put majority of Bern teritory
under occuption for the next ten years.
In meantime, they will ensure a fluid
transition of power and recogision 
of new bernite queen, Gwynewre.
No much time has passed when a similiar
conference was held in castle Pherae. 
This time it was focused on the stabilistion
of the Lycian League, left scarred after
the conflict.
Despite many objections from more
conservative of the marquesses, Roy
crowned himslef a king of united Lycia.
His goal was to ensure a lasting peace in
his homeland and cease constant 
infighting between the marquesses.
The ten years long peroid passed quickly
and soon, Roy found himslef oversseing
the withdrawal of Lycian troops form Bern.
Although many praised Roy for holding
Lycia together, there still was an opposition,
mainly in central Lycia, that questioned
his right to rule the country. This anti-royal
movement was lead by none other than
marqiess Laus himself - lord Erik.
When Roy left the country first time
in yeats, he decided that it was the right
time to strike.
Erik raised his troops... 

What is more, I have quest for you guys...

I need Emperor Arvis (do not confuse with 'vs Arvis') theme from FE4 ripped off, so I could insert it to FE8. 

I have no real experience in doing these things, so I turn to you. I know it's possible.

So, owards, to glory! (I presume XD)

Edited by Hare'da-irijon

My question is how are you going to properly differentiate these classes from one another?

Like with General and Vanguard, you show a clear distinction between the two, General being classic general and Vanguard being like the Baron's in FE4. But with other classes, like the bow using promotions, I struggle to see what the difference between them is going to be.

Aside from Sure Shot, what is the Sniper offering that the Hunter doesn't, and vice versa?

How are you going to make sure that class balance doesn't go out the window?

Troopers having swords and bows is most likely going to be better than the bowmaster who is relegated to bows.

And is the skill "Fiery Blood" really going to offset the fact that the Gladiator is stuck with one range swords, since 1-2 range swords are very rare and bad in the GBA games, while Hero gets axes and 1-2 range with hand axes?

If I recall correctly, Halberdiers can use Lances and Axes (That might be wrong, it's been a while since I used a hack with them). Does the skill "Impale" really balance with that? And If I'm wrong, and Halberdiers can't use both weapon types, then what does it have that the Pretorian doesn't?

I might as well bring up the Swordmaster vs Freeblade, since Bows are just generally such a bad weapon type that the two might as well be the same class. If Swordmaster gets a +15% crit chance and the Freeblade doesn't, then Swordmaster is the superior class, but if they both get it, then Freeblade is the superior class since it has more options, even if those options suck.

Make sure to add unique features of the classes, since Halberdier, Freeblade, Bowmaster, and Trooper are all lacking the "Equip" thing (Trooper does have the great at bows and swords thing, but just saying "Equip: Sword, Bows" is just better and more efficient for players)

8 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

My question is how are you going to properly differentiate these classes from one another?

Like with General and Vanguard, you show a clear distinction between the two, General being classic general and Vanguard being like the Baron's in FE4. But with other classes, like the bow using promotions, I struggle to see what the difference between them is going to be.

Aside from Sure Shot, what is the Sniper offering that the Hunter doesn't, and vice versa?

How are you going to make sure that class balance doesn't go out the window?

Troopers having swords and bows is most likely going to be better than the bowmaster who is relegated to bows.

And is the skill "Fiery Blood" really going to offset the fact that the Gladiator is stuck with one range swords, since 1-2 range swords are very rare and bad in the GBA games, while Hero gets axes and 1-2 range with hand axes?

If I recall correctly, Halberdiers can use Lances and Axes (That might be wrong, it's been a while since I used a hack with them). Does the skill "Impale" really balance with that? And If I'm wrong, and Halberdiers can't use both weapon types, then what does it have that the Pretorian doesn't?

I might as well bring up the Swordmaster vs Freeblade, since Bows are just generally such a bad weapon type that the two might as well be the same class. If Swordmaster gets a +15% crit chance and the Freeblade doesn't, then Swordmaster is the superior class, but if they both get it, then Freeblade is the superior class since it has more options, even if those options suck.

Make sure to add unique features of the classes, since Halberdier, Freeblade, Bowmaster, and Trooper are all lacking the "Equip" thing (Trooper does have the great at bows and swords thing, but just saying "Equip: Sword, Bows" is just better and more efficient for players)

So:

The Bowmasters have canto+, and another move when killed a unit, so they can go, kill, kill again and retreat.

Hunters have astra, that gives them a sh*tone of shots.

Gladiator is projected to excell at raw strength but not speed, hie is your's one powerfull blow guy.

Petorian has the imale move and more skill based, when halbalier is just decent.

Freeblade desn't have the +15 crit boost, but other useful skills.

it's still in progress, so the discriptions aren't finall. Just a outlook of what's going to come.

Oh yeah, forgot that Erik died. I should've said that earlier. Here are some sources.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Erik#FE6

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/8anhy9/i_feel_kinda_bad_for_erik/

This is a pretty easy fix, just change shift the generations down by one. Erik now has a son who's a dick whose daughter doesn't like the way things are going.