Shin Megami Tensei: if... Translation Patch Out Now

Von Ithipathachai

Just to let all other interested parties know, the Shin Megami Tensei: if... translation patch is finally out after years of waiting.

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=smtif

Too bad I have an important exam to study for and will need to hold off on playing it for now.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

About time! Was wondering when SMT if... would finish it's translation lol.

Sadly though, I can't play it because A. I suck at emulation and B. There's supposedly some weird curse surrounding the game last time I check, and stuff like that makes me nervous.

2 hours ago, Magical CC said:

Oh interesting. Is this full version? I kinda want to play it. I have no trouble with emulator. How much improvement we have in IF compared to SMT II?

The thing that stands out most to me is offensive magic being buffed.  Offensive magic in SMT2 is pretty much completely worthless, but not in this game.  Mainly due to the re-addition of -dyne spells.  Ailment and instant kill Spells are also twice as potent in if... as they were in II.

3 minutes ago, Ashen Jedi said:

Only thing I haven’t liked so far is how much of a slog the world of Sloth is, besides that this is a pretty fun game.

Yeah.  The Domain of Sloth is literally just straight grinding until all the tunnels are completely dug.  You could create a Unicorn through fusion and use Estoma to make the lunar cycles go by a little faster, but then that would rob you of badly needed EXP for the next dungeons.

Really ?! Boy, I can't wait to play it !
I tried to play in japanese way back... without any understanding japanese in the first place, yeaaaaah... it went surprisingly well at first, but after three dungeons I was at lost.

Behold ! The creator of Atlus' favorite cash cow franchise !