Forging Bonds: Dueling Desires

DraceEmpressa

I am surprised that there is no thread for Forging Bonds yet despite it already announced two days ago, so here goes

The units of this time is Loki ( red  ) Aversa ( yellow) , Owain ( green) and Kliff ( blue) .

The bonus units of this is the EX versions of the accessories from the previous Forging Bonds, Maid Headdress EX, Reading Glasses EX , Sacred Stardust EX,  Knight Headpiece EX , and the initial versions of the accessories of this Forging Bonds event. (Tactician' s Hat, Plegian  Crown, Wings of Darkness, and Explorer' s Hat. 

Also, schedule for the multipliers: 

p9t5qr8g7vt11.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Taken from reddit( source)

https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9qlnui/forging_bonds_dueling_desires_predicted_bonus/

Screenshot_20181027-163503_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

I like the accessories this time. Odin's wings are especially cool. I'm giving the safari hat to Fae since it looks like a Japanese kindergartner's hat.

Owain's dialogue is great and Aversa vs Loki fighting over the summoner is entertaining. (doesn't feel very fitting if you're a female player, though) Kliff's a good straight man to everyone else's antics.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm giving the safari hat to Fae since it looks like a Japanese kindergartner's hat.

Now that you mention it... The EX version is even the right color.

I'm down for this.

No real attachment to Loki's or Aversa's accessories, but both of Owain's look awesome.

But Fae needs that hat.

This event's conversations gave me a few laughs - Owain seeing Odin and the summoner becoming the protagonist of some romantic harem comedy.

And wonder how much progress we're going to make from day 1 of this event for round 4 of Heroic Feats event; we were at 47.4M/100M progress as of 1 hr. before today's reset.

I seem to remember Owain lecturing Lucina in their Awakening support that you shouldn't name legendary weapons as it insults the history they've had, robbing it of its "soul". That might be because he found the name to be silly, but still.

Hey I find seductive female villains pretty enticing (in fantasy), but I feel really bad for people who aren't attracted to women.  Kiran is suppose to represent the player, and not every player is a straight male or lesbian woman.  The pandering is over the top, yes Loki and Aversa are scorching armies almost going to get into a fight into the death with each other just cause they want to be with Kiran.  Maybe the playerbase is 95% male or some other really high percentage, I thought it may be 70/30 but I think it must be much higher.  This should have been an opportunity to give more depth and exploration to two very underexplored characters in Loki and Aversa, instead it is "I want to sleep with Kiran, no I do!!!!"  

Kliff is great, with his eye rolling and such particularly towards Owain.  

12 minutes ago, Thane said:

I seem to remember Owain lecturing Lucina in their Awakening support that you shouldn't name legendary weapons as it insults the history they've had, robbing it of its "soul". That might be because he found the name to be silly, but still.

P O I N T Y   D E M O N S P A N K E R

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I like the accessories this time. Odin's wings are especially cool. I'm giving the safari hat to Fae since it looks like a Japanese kindergartner's hat.

In which I change Fae's accessory for the 50th time

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I'm giving the safari hat to Fae since it looks like a Japanese kindergartner's hat.

I don't know why but that just seems to fit.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

This is positively perfect.

That does look nice. I guess they reused the color palette.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

I think that's because Lucina was terrible at it and he didn't want to hurt her feelings. If you don't maintain a blade in the right way, it's liable to break.

11 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If you don't maintain a blade in the right way, it's liable to break.

I think the Falchion is one of the few blades that do not break. Unlike most weapons with limited durability, Falchion got infinite durability.

I really like the Safari Hat on Owain actually, it fits the colour scheme.

I'm sure someone already did the wings on the Angel of Death Jaffar.

The wings would've been nice on Fae as well if it wasn't for the fact one of the wings goes in front of her arm.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think the Falchion is one of the few blades that do not break. Unlike most weapons with limited durability, Falchion got infinite durability.

That's right. I'd imagine Pointy Demonspanker to have a durability of 2, at most. :Nino:

I have tongue firmly in cheek, but I'm also extrapolating from the fact Odin's weapon's name does have a gameplay effect

Shifted some accessories around:
Gave Plegian Crown to Xander
Gave Plegian Crown EX to Legend Lyn
Gave Tactician's Hat to Celica (Celica would be wearing the Wings of Darkness EX but...)
Gave Tactician's Hat EX to Priscilla
Gave Wings of Darkness to F!Robin
Gave Wings of Darkness EX to Eirika (she looks like a magical girl)
Not sure to whom should I give the Explorer's Hats (though Reinhardt with the EX hat does end up looking a bit like the Man with the Yellow Hat from Curious George).