Are you worried about Three Houses?

Roland

Are you worried about Three Houses?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. How worried are you for Three Houses?

• Yes, I'm very worried.
    • I'm a little bit concerned.
    • No, not in the slightest.

So, I'm sure we are all well aware of how...split this community was about Fire Emblem's run on the 3DS. In the time I've observed this community, I've noticed that a good amount of pessimism in regards to Three Houses and the future of the series, namely from the old guard (no shade intended). 

What I want to know is, are any of you worried about Three Houses? Do you have any hope at all for Fire Emblem's first debute on the Switch?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how it turns out, I know that because it's a Fire Emblem game, I'll love it.

That said, no. No I'm not worried. I'm pretty optimistic despite us barely having any information now. I just hope the story is good. and as for gameplay. I'm not too worried about gameplay. I don't imagine IS would try anything off-the-wall (I hope formations don't make things too complicated, haha), so if they based the gameplay off any of the "less badly aged" titles, I'd be fine with it.

Waifus? Honestly, I don't care if they're in or not.  

Edited by Arcphoenix

5 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

No matter how it turns out, I know that because it's a Fire Emblem game, I'll love it.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.  It's Fire Emblem.  Even if the story sucks, I'm still gonna enjoy the game.  They'd have to fudge it pretty hard for it to be a bad game in my eyes.

The only thing I'm worried about is so far not getting a whole lot of build-up for the game.  They've announced the game, like... almost two years ago at this point, and since then they've only shown a single trailer for the game which was of somewhat dubious quality.

I want to believe they'll start ramping things up soon or that the game isn't delayed until Fall/Winter 2019, but the signs tell me otherwise.

5 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Agreed.

Honestly, It's not that I'm worried. It's more like I'm cautiously optimistic. Kind of like trying a new food, where it's just like "I could like it, I could hate it, but I won't know until I try it personally."

I too am feeling cautiously optimistic.  I guess at the end of the day we just don't have enough info yet to accurately judge the tone of the game, but I am a bit concerned because the game's website describes the player as "the main character" and distinguishes between him and the other three main characters.  IS has demonstrated they are unable to write a story with a player self-insert without pandering on some level, and it will likely continue here.

Of course not!!! why would I be?! I can care less about this "divide" thing especially when it's not even big in the first place in reality. I'm cautiously optimistic since no new info after E3 is release yet. I just want more confirmations of things in the game for a conclusion and more build up. Plus its FE I'll always love it and it's always good!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Nah not worried. I'm pretty sure the only reason we haven't heard much about Three Houses is because FE is a pretty niche title and there are two juggernaut series coming out in Winter. Fire Emblem would get over shadowed by Pokemon and Smash. Probably in a January direct we'll get more information about Three Houses. I'm still ok with the lack of trailers, I don't want the entire story spoiled by too many trailers (*looks at Fates*) so let them take their time.

47 minutes ago, Serea-chan said:

Nah not worried. I'm pretty sure the only reason we haven't heard much about Three Houses is because FE is a pretty niche title and there are two juggernaut series coming out in Winter. Fire Emblem would get over shadowed by Pokemon and Smash. Probably in a January direct we'll get more information about Three Houses. I'm still ok with the lack of trailers, I don't want the entire story spoiled by too many trailers (*looks at Fates*) so let them take their time.

Its not a niche series anymore ever since Awakening up to Heroes now. As for info its not because Smash or Pokemon is coming that the info is being stalled they had a chance in the direct in September to show something small but didn't which could be due to graphical updates and changes to the game whether or not the E3 trailer was early in development the next direct is extremely likely gonna show something new. They never really spoil the stories in their trailers always give a synopsis on it or vague parts so that's likely a you thing since I never felt spoiled by any of their trailers.

Am I expecting the best game in the series? No. Am I worried? No. I personally have little qualms with the series' 3DS appearances and I (hopefully) am not in such a majority level as the community seems to think. So as to not derail this topic, I won't list the specific problems/concerns I do have; they are subjective and/or do not/will likely not apply to Three Houses anyway. For now, I'll simply sit back in restrained anticipation and concentrate on other games to avoid getting burned from over-hyping.

18 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

They never really spoil the stories in their trailers always give a synopsis on it or vague parts so that's likely a you thing since I never felt spoiled by any of their trailers.

Ah I'm sorry, I misspoke. The slow info-drip we got regarding Fates really killed my hype to play it to the end given I knew before the game came out which characters died when you sided with each of the Kingdoms. So right now I can see the value of experiencing something firsthand rather than have the story and big moments spoiled for me.

Are there a lot of strategy rpgs I'm unaware of? I know Disagea, Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy Tactics and XCOM. But other than that SRPGs are a rather hard find in the market. Yeah FE has gotten pretty popular lately I won't deny that.

I am a little worried, because Fates was atrocious. I have loved every other Fire Emblem game regardless of story/characters/etc. I always have favorites. Always have least favorites, and even if the story isn't amazing, I love the gameplay/etc.

But Fates was the first FE game I legitimately struggled to finish because I really, really disliked the characters/story/etc. I thought gameplay was the main driving factor behind me playing and I realized how big of an impact the characters and story had on me. Echoes on the other hand, I really enjoyed and finished that game in a few weeks, whereas Fates took me literally over a year.

So I'm a little worried, because if it falls back into Fate's category I'll be pretty disappointed and saddened, because Fire Emblem has been one of my favorites since childhood. But I hope there were enough people that shared my distaste of Fate's and that developers sorta got a sense that maybe they took it too far. I get they were trying to build off of Awakening, but I personally think it failed really badly. And I know Echoes didn't get huge acclaim, but I also hope there was enough positive reaction to it, they they realized it was a step back in the right direction.

So I'm cautiously optimistic because the trailer looked good (graphics non-withstanding) and more serious. I just hope there's no player character worship (because a few years ago I was fine with it, but now it's so overplayed it just makes me cringe).

I'm expecting the less-than-stellar graphics and animations shown in the initial trailer to be polished up by the time we see the game again, so I'm not too concerned about that at the moment. And as a others have said, we don't have enough information at the moment to really make a solid decision about the games quality yet. I'm hoping that IS will learn from their previous mistakes, but right now I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

About the only thing I'm concerned is how this church may be the main bad guys. I've heard that this is a common trope in JRPGs, but I've also heard that it's not one that's been done particularly well for the most part. I just hope that IS doesn't fall into this pitfall.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried after what they did with Fates, but I'll remain optimistic for now. From the small amount that we know of the game the only thing I don't like is the potential Avatar character, but that isn't a big deal. I just hope we get some more info soon.

That's another thing it's very unhealthy to always be worried especially when lots of stuff hasn't even happened or shown fully yet especially when things that are in and already shutting it unfairly down when we don't see how it'll go here (I can't imagine myself doing that yikes...). Again clarifying I don't think this way but from some posts I see yeah....overall nothing so far is worrying to me love the Avatar, the open roaming parts, the artstyle/visuals, the potential story and I'm excited to see what will happen next when more gets revealed everything can just get better from here for me! Its just a matter of patience waiting some more info and doing other things in the meantime it's just a bit longer from here.

I’m not worried at all. The game looks amazing in the trailer and I feel it can only get better. I don’t have a problem with the avatar or free roaming. Character designs and other visuals look good so far. I can’t say I’m excited for it though, as there are other things on my mind right now. 

Honestly, I don't know. Every time the Fire Emblem series announces a new game and I see anything different, I immediately assume it'll be terrible, but I've always ended up being surprised by how much I love each game no matter what changes it makes. So I guess I'm not too worried. I trust Intelligent Systems.

Generally not too worried. 

The only thing I worry about is a certain part of the game being brought to the extreme. The support system in the latest two games is a good example with Fates having you getting to S support literally anyone with legs which ended with characters with conflicting personalities. I feel that in Echoes they tried to tone it back down and ended up with another extreme with WAY too little support conversations. My first playthrough I chose Deen over Sonya and Genny literally had 0 support conversations (How Genny had no supports with Mae/Boey/Celica despite living with them and being their close friend still confuses me). 

For me at least, there literally isn't enough information to be overly excited or concerned. Nothing in the trailer sceamed "man this is gonna be awful!" But at the same time it's hard to be excited when you have so little info on characters plot and core gameplay

5 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

For me at least, there literally isn't enough information to be overly excited or concerned. Nothing in the trailer sceamed "man this is gonna be awful!" But at the same time it's hard to be excited when you have so little info on characters plot and core gameplay

I agree. I'm not really thinking it's going to suck, but we know way too little for me to get excited over the game...