Are you worried about Three Houses?

Roland

Are you worried about Three Houses?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. How worried are you for Three Houses?

• Yes, I'm very worried.
    • I'm a little bit concerned.
    • No, not in the slightest.

Yes I am. I'm sick to death of telling people I like Fire Emblem and hearing them go "you mean that game with the conversion therapy and incest?".

Yes, yes I know "b-but SOME people like it!!!1!!1". I don't, Fates was an embarrassing display of effortless pandering and if Three Houses follows suit I'm finished with this franchise.

Call it dramatic but it's just how I feel.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Guest Josie said:

Yes I am. I'm sick to death of telling people I like Fire Emblem and hearing them go "you mean that game with the conversion therapy and incest?".

Yes, yes I know "b-but SOME people like it!!!1!!1". I don't, Fates was an embarrassing display of effortless pandering and if Three Houses follows suit I'm finished with this franchise.

Dramatic.  Now if all you're going to do is worry and complain, it might be beneficial to abstain from FE fansites until Three Houses is released.  Then, you can make your own judgment, and if you still don't like it, find a game that suits your tastes better.

Tbh, I'm a little worried. Just, I found Fates pretty disappointing but I also set my expectations extremely high. I wouldn't say my expectations are nearly as high, but I won't hide that I'm still a bit excited for the game. I mean, it's a Fire Emblem game after. Regardless of whether it's worse than most of the games or not, I think I'll still enjoy it well enough. So just a little worried, but not too much.

19 hours ago, senior firehood said:

I have nothing against a delay of the game. My biggest worry is just if  Nintendo gonna say:"Sorry we have to delay the game and start with a different story from scratch, so forget about 3 houses and evrything u saw"... that would be horrible^^....all the fake leaks coming back xD

At this point I'd actually like to see a return of fake leaks just because it would give us something to talk about haha. I doubt Nintendo is going to trash the game at this point since they still had it listed on their financial report for coming out in Spring. That isn't much to go on since we assumed it was still coming out 2018 due to their last financial report, but it at least means they haven't yet decided to start from scratch. My only concern at this point is that the delay was once again caused by the same issues that plagued Fates. We really don't need another clash between the two groups of developers right now.

22 hours ago, Guest Josie said:

ehhh that's just people generalizing based on a few known controversies/stereotypes surrounding the game. Not something to get so worked up about. 

The biggest thing I am worried about right now for Three Houses is it's marketing. Even with the success of Awakening and Fates, I still do not believe FE is a strong enough franchise to be able to sell a lot of units without a good amount of marketing behind it. If it is still slated towards its original spring release they should hopefully start divulging some info soon in order to begin igniting some interest.   

My native language is not english , so please forgive me if I make mistakes.

I am not worried at all about FE Three Houses. For me , the silence is a good sign because it Shows how serious they are with that FE entry. After all this entry will (most likely) decide the direction of future Fire Emblem Titels. -> I think because of the big delay of Metroid Prime 4 , everyone "fears" that the same could happen to FE Three Houses.  But unlike Metroid Prime 4 , Fire Emblem Three Houses already has a Trailer even with english subtitles. I admit this is not much , but we at least got a glimpse of the "style" of Fire Emblem Three Houses (even if it looked "rough").

I just hope they dont try to squeeze in different playstyles to try to please everyone like they did with Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright/Conquest). They should just decide on one style (old or new) and go with it until the end. -> And who knows , maybe they make it like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn ? If they make 2 Entries that are connectet with each other , they would have more time at their disposal to flesh out the characters , the world and/or even the mechanics (should they need improvements). -> And with the second entry they even could let the "children"/ "Child Units" (like in FE Awakening or Fates) take over the adventure (with a bigger time skip inbetween the first and second entry). 

Until Spring comes I would not worry too much about FE Three Houses. It is obvious that there WILL be a new Fire Emblem game. Until then I am going to Play the older Fire Emblem games and make me some good memories. :D: 

10 hours ago, Ottservia said:

ehhh that's just people generalizing based on a few known controversies/stereotypes surrounding the game. Not something to get so worked up about. 

I'm aware, it's just REAL frustrating to have something you like be associated with stuff like that.

8 hours ago, Guest Dia said:

My native language is not english , so please forgive me if I make mistakes.

I am not worried at all about FE Three Houses. For me , the silence is a good sign because it Shows how serious they are with that FE entry. After all this entry will (most likely) decide the direction of future Fire Emblem Titels. -> I think because of the big delay of Metroid Prime 4 , everyone "fears" that the same could happen to FE Three Houses.  But unlike Metroid Prime 4 , Fire Emblem Three Houses already has a Trailer even with english subtitles. I admit this is not much , but we at least got a glimpse of the "style" of Fire Emblem Three Houses (even if it looked "rough").

I just hope they dont try to squeeze in different playstyles to try to please everyone like they did with Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright/Conquest). They should just decide on one style (old or new) and go with it until the end. -> And who knows , maybe they make it like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn ? If they make 2 Entries that are connectet with each other , they would have more time at their disposal to flesh out the characters , the world and/or even the mechanics (should they need improvements). -> And with the second entry they even could let the "children"/ "Child Units" (like in FE Awakening or Fates) take over the adventure (with a bigger time skip inbetween the first and second entry). 

Until Spring comes I would not worry too much about FE Three Houses. It is obvious that there WILL be a new Fire Emblem game. Until then I am going to Play the older Fire Emblem games and make me some good memories. :D: 

Your English is fine. There are only a few grammatical errors, but nothing major. However, I disagree with the silence being a good sign. If anything, I consider it a harbinger of a potential delay, out of wanting to be realistic. I find it really hard to believe that the game is close to being released when we still have all of one trailer and nothing else - that just ain't reassuring...

Edited by Shadow Mir

32 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Your English is fine. There are only a few grammatical errors, but nothing major. However, I disagree with the silence being a good sign. If anything, I consider it a harbinger of a potential delay, out of wanting to be realistic. I find it really hard to believe that the game is close to being released when we still have all of one trailer and nothing else - that just ain't reassuring...

Wouldn't it being delayed give them more time to make it a better game?

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

There was an article about nintendo switch games from nintendosoup. Takahashi assures that all nintendogames from 2019 wont be delayed. SOmeone from the other thread post this:

https://nintendosoup.com/takahashi-assures-investors-nintendo-switch-games-scheduled-for-2019-wont-be-delayed/

3 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Sure it would be better!

5 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Well, that makes sense.

1 hour ago, senior firehood said:

There was an article about nintendo switch games from nintendosoup. Takahashi assures that all nintendogames from 2019 wont be delayed. SOmeone from the other thread post this:

https://nintendosoup.com/takahashi-assures-investors-nintendo-switch-games-scheduled-for-2019-wont-be-delayed/

I dunno about you, but I ain't exactly willing to take that at face value...

12 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sweet. My english is usable. :lol:

Joke aside... is not Fire Emblem a game known for its "strange" circumstances with realease Dates and Info Drops ? At least that is what I heard from different People around the Forums and plattforms (mainly here and Youtube). -> Maybe the same could apply to this game ?

Since there are not really "rumors" or "leaks" flying around , this could mean that the developers can work in peace. -> This is something that "Mario + Rabbids : Kingdom Battle" (rumors) and "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" (sky high Hype/ many rumors and supposed leaks or even Dataminer) have not. -> In case of the former Game the developer themselves said , that the development was negatively impacted by these rumors.

I mean...if they decide to delay the game even further , why did not they tell us when Nintendo announced the big delay for Metroid Prime 4 ? Especially if other developers give us a bad example of how not to "mess" with an upcoming game ( being quiet until everyone complains and such). And like Nintendo showed us ; being honest and open with us will net them better understanding from our side. -> Delaying it last Minute (or...around a couple of weeks the game is supposed to Launch) will just hurt them in a Long run.

Well... I am staying optimistic regarding this silence. And if I am wrong...then that is only good for the game....I guess (of course I hope they do not delay it a second time. Not fun.). 

2 hours ago, Guest Dia said:

Sweet. My english is usable. :lol:

Joke aside... is not Fire Emblem a game known for its "strange" circumstances with realease Dates and Info Drops ? At least that is what I heard from different People around the Forums and plattforms (mainly here and Youtube). -> Maybe the same could apply to this game ?

Since there are not really "rumors" or "leaks" flying around , this could mean that the developers can work in peace. -> This is something that "Mario + Rabbids : Kingdom Battle" (rumors) and "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" (sky high Hype/ many rumors and supposed leaks or even Dataminer) have not. -> In case of the former Game the developer themselves said , that the development was negatively impacted by these rumors.

I mean...if they decide to delay the game even further , why did not they tell us when Nintendo announced the big delay for Metroid Prime 4 ? Especially if other developers give us a bad example of how not to "mess" with an upcoming game ( being quiet until everyone complains and such). And like Nintendo showed us ; being honest and open with us will net them better understanding from our side. -> Delaying it last Minute (or...around a couple of weeks the game is supposed to Launch) will just hurt them in a Long run.

Well... I am staying optimistic regarding this silence. And if I am wrong...then that is only good for the game....I guess (of course I hope they do not delay it a second time. Not fun.). 

Well, if there's one thing that hasn't happened regarding this game, it's being honest and open with us. They have only given us all of one trailer, and that was long ago. Besides that, there's been nothing else. I would consider that grounds for complaints.

I wouldn't say I'm worried per se, but it is objectively pretty concerning how little information is available this close to release. Despite previous assurances, I have firm doubts that they plan to release with all but zero marketing whatsoever, and I'd wager they're still going to delay the release to at least November of this year.

In terms of the game's actual content, I'm cautiously optimistic. I quite enjoyed Awakening for what it was, and I was able to derive some great enjoyment from Fates, as much as I didn't care for the writing overall, and Three Houses from the one minute we've seen of it has a design/writing POV that is very appealing to me, personally. I think no matter what happens, I'll still buy it and still like it. Fingers crossed that they lighten up with the more... questionable design decisions that others have already alluded to.

In any case, I need to dedicate most of my pre-release hand-wringing to Dragon Age anyway. 2020 here we come... D:

Edited by Lunaven
missed a letter

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well, if there's one thing that hasn't happened regarding this game, it's being honest and open with us. They have only given us all of one trailer, and that was long ago. Besides that, there's been nothing else. I would consider that grounds for complaints.

Maybe but did not they always drop a big chunk of Information (Trailer and such) a mere Month before the games launched ? -> I am one of those new FE Players (started with Awakening) so I could be wrong in that regard.

And if there is nothing to Show to us (because it Needs more time or they wait for the upcoming Nintendo Direct) then.... they are not really "dishonest" to us , do not you think ? -> Can not Show something that is not ready to be shown.

Furthermore..... the Date of Spring 2019 did not Change yet so there is hope. However if there is still nothing in the next Nintendo Direct or we hear nothing at the end of march...then I would really question the silence around that game. 

9 hours ago, Guest Dia said:

Maybe but did not they always drop a big chunk of Information (Trailer and such) a mere Month before the games launched ? -> I am one of those new FE Players (started with Awakening) so I could be wrong in that regard.

And if there is nothing to Show to us (because it Needs more time or they wait for the upcoming Nintendo Direct) then.... they are not really "dishonest" to us , do not you think ? -> Can not Show something that is not ready to be shown.

Furthermore..... the Date of Spring 2019 did not Change yet so there is hope. However if there is still nothing in the next Nintendo Direct or we hear nothing at the end of march...then I would really question the silence around that game. 

I don't know about that. I think they were usually more open with info than they're being now.

It's still extremely shady. So yes, I could (and in fact do) consider it rather dishonest. FFS, they're pulling the same bullshit Square pulled with the FF7 remake (announcing it extremely early, and then turning around and starving people of info)!

I'm not one to cling to no-doubt false hope. And I would dare say they've been silent for far too long for people to NOT be questioning the silence around the game.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Well.... I would not call it "no-doubt false hope". I would call it "very optimistic" but to each their own. And just because some developers pulled the "bullshit" with their games , that does not mean that everyone does/will do it if similar signs appear. Nintendo proved that to us with Metroid Prime 4. -> Of course I do not want that nightmare that is Square with FF7 Remake to happen again. Still...what are the Odds of the same thing happening again (just with FE this time) ?

Maybe the delay of Metroid Prime 4 messed up the Nintendo Direct schedule (in which we would have gotten the much wanted Information) ?

I guess we could set Kind of a "Deadline" for the Information. If we do not hear anything until the.....lets say.... end of March/April in any shape or form then this will be a death sign. Then something must have happened (or...not happened). So.... I expect the developers to speak up around that time. If they do not and the game gets delayed again....then yes....that will be the "bullshit" we do not want. 

I for one set my "Deadline". If nothing happens after that , then yes...I will fully agree on your Point.  

On 2/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, Guest Dia said:

Well.... I would not call it "no-doubt false hope". I would call it "very optimistic" but to each their own. And just because some developers pulled the "bullshit" with their games , that does not mean that everyone does/will do it if similar signs appear. Nintendo proved that to us with Metroid Prime 4. -> Of course I do not want that nightmare that is Square with FF7 Remake to happen again. Still...what are the Odds of the same thing happening again (just with FE this time) ?

Maybe the delay of Metroid Prime 4 messed up the Nintendo Direct schedule (in which we would have gotten the much wanted Information) ?

I guess we could set Kind of a "Deadline" for the Information. If we do not hear anything until the.....lets say.... end of March/April in any shape or form then this will be a death sign. Then something must have happened (or...not happened). So.... I expect the developers to speak up around that time. If they do not and the game gets delayed again....then yes....that will be the "bullshit" we do not want. 

I for one set my "Deadline". If nothing happens after that , then yes...I will fully agree on your Point.  

I dunno about you, but as far as I'm concerned, the nightmare that is Square with the FF7 remake is precisely what's happening again. It's called "history repeats itself".

While I do find the situation with Metroid Prime 4 to be rather unfortunate, I don't see what it has to do with the lack of info on this game.

I think comparing FE: Three Houses delay to FFVII remake is a vast over exaggeration. I have no concrete reason to believe yet another delay is in the works for Three Houses. Yeah I get it, it was absent for the last non-Smash Nintendo direct, but I hardly consider that a reason to declare it in development hell. I mean the first trailer we saw already debuted in English so they're either very close or done with localizing already, in case you forget when we first got a trailer for Echoes, it was in Japanese it was soon localized very quickly and launched within 4 months. If we get a February direct and (I'll throw a dart at a calendar) and say we get on May 3, that's almost two and a half months to build hype for the game. That's plenty of time I think. So long as we get a good marketing campaign things'll be pretty good I'm willing to bet. I think after the Smash hype train comes to a slower pace then they'll give us more Three Houses news. If we even did receive FE in winter of 2018 (when I anticipated it coming out, ala Xenoblade Chronicles 2) it would've gotten absolutely devoured thanks to both Pokemon and Smash. Now that the juggernauts are out and people have had a few months with them, they need to hook people for the next season of games. Given that Three Houses and Yoshi are the only two spring games that we know of, inevitably we'll get that warm spotlight on our beloved Fire Emblem here soon. (*eyes that rumor of Feb 13 direct*) ;3

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I dunno about you, but as far as I'm concerned, the nightmare that is Square with the FF7 remake is precisely what's happening again. It's called "history repeats itself".

While I do find the situation with Metroid Prime 4 to be rather unfortunate, I don't see what it has to do with the lack of info on this game.

I think the development hell that is FF7 Remake is on another Level compared to the FE3H delay , so I agree with "Serea-chan" . Did one game in the Fire Emblem Series (the western ones) go through such a hassle (delayed once , maybe getting delayed twice, absolute silence about that game ?)? If not then there is no real reason to think like that.

Thing is the last Metroid Prime entry was all the way back in 2007 (2008 for our japanese friends) with Metroid Prime 3. You can imagine how excited the fans got when Metroid Prime 4 was announced. I can see the "delay" of the Nintendo Direct in January being a result of the development issues with MP4. Since they restarted development of the game... it could have messed up the Nintendo Direct in January. Restarting the development of a game is a bigger deal than a delay -> So...indirectly....the restart of MP4 could have caused the push back. And with it all the Information we could have gotten , including the info about FE3H. -> Does that Sound so far fetched ? I think the Metroid IP is big enough that it could cause such....."Troubles".

5 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

I think comparing FE: Three Houses delay to FFVII remake is a vast over exaggeration. I have no concrete reason to believe yet another delay is in the works for Three Houses. Yeah I get it, it was absent for the last non-Smash Nintendo direct, but I hardly consider that a reason to declare it in development hell. I mean the first trailer we saw already debuted in English so they're either very close or done with localizing already, in case you forget when we first got a trailer for Echoes, it was in Japanese it was soon localized very quickly and launched within 4 months. If we get a February direct and (I'll throw a dart at a calendar) and say we get on May 3, that's almost two and a half months to build hype for the game. That's plenty of time I think. So long as we get a good marketing campaign things'll be pretty good I'm willing to bet. I think after the Smash hype train comes to a slower pace then they'll give us more Three Houses news. If we even did receive FE in winter of 2018 (when I anticipated it coming out, ala Xenoblade Chronicles 2) it would've gotten absolutely devoured thanks to both Pokemon and Smash. Now that the juggernauts are out and people have had a few months with them, they need to hook people for the next season of games. Given that Three Houses and Yoshi are the only two spring games that we know of, inevitably we'll get that warm spotlight on our beloved Fire Emblem here soon. (*eyes that rumor of Feb 13 direct*) ;3

I agree. But with all These recent "Nintendo Direct leaks" I would not bet on the 13th February. There were a bit too many "fake" leaks regarding the date , so.... why should we believe that this date is the true date of the Nintendo Direct ? (*shakes head and waits until the end of march for new Information*) -_-"

24 minutes ago, Guest Dia said:

There were a bit too many "fake" leaks regarding the date , so.... why should we believe that this date is the true date of the Nintendo Direct

I understand your skepticism totally and get what where your coming from. My source is ResetEra three credible leakers (King Zell, Emily Rogers and Nate Drake for reference), have come forth and they've pointed at February 13th, dunno if that's the direct actual date or the announcement of the direct date. Of course all leaks should be taken with the healthy dose of salt. When the 13th comes and passes if we've got no new direct, I'll gladly eat my crow and pluck the feathers outta my mouth later.

2 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

I understand your skepticism totally and get what where your coming from. My source is ResetEra three credible leakers (King Zell, Emily Rogers and Nate Drake for reference), have come forth and they've pointed at February 13th, dunno if that's the direct actual date or the announcement of the direct date. Of course all leaks should be taken with the healthy dose of salt. When the 13th comes and passes if we've got no new direct, I'll gladly eat my crow and pluck the feathers outta my mouth later.

No Need to eat your crow. :^_^:  The wait is just getting more and more "difficult". So naturally....we may Interpret too much in every "leak" or Video or article that is popping up (or....the silence in FE3H case). I really hope that the 13th is finally the true date. I really would rather talk about the Information rather than always worrying. :huh: