Are you worried about Three Houses?

Roland

Are you worried about Three Houses?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. How worried are you for Three Houses?

• Yes, I'm very worried.
    • I'm a little bit concerned.
    • No, not in the slightest.

It is kind if funny how almost every topic regarding Three Houses talks about the fear (or hope in some cases) of a delay.

I am not worried about that yet, although I can understand. Maybe if there are no news in the next direct, whether or not that will be on 13th of febuary or later.

What I am worried about is if I will like Edelgards character. My mom would almost have been named Edelgard so my expectations for the FE character are huge for some reason. XD

I am actually quite grateful to Three Houses. Would have never learned that about my mom if not for FE Edelgard.

I also worry about character designs. Edelgard and Mercedes look fine. Claude is okay too but Dimitri has that weird hair which looks even worse in his 3d model. Hilda looks too simplistic and overall too pink. 

Older characters seem to be playable which adds to a good diversity in the army, but I would never use them anyways. The game really needs to have some cute and hot guys. 

Next up is my worry about Byleth not having a female variation. I just love playing female characters in every game and wish more would give me the option.

Last but not least I worry about the translations and dialogue in general. Heroes makes me really upset when dialogue is clearly meant for male players.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Guest Dia said:

I agree. But with all These recent "Nintendo Direct leaks" I would not bet on the 13th February. There were a bit too many "fake" leaks regarding the date , so.... why should we believe that this date is the true date of the Nintendo Direct ? (*shakes head and waits until the end of march for new Information*) -_-"

unless nintendo is going to stop doing directs and just sit on their hands till E3, it will need to happen eventually, I hear these leakers have good track records and the further out we get the more likely there is to be a direct.

32 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Older characters seem to be playable which adds to a good diversity in the army, but I would never use them anyways. The game really needs to have some cute and hot guys. 

omg <3 I feel like you and me would get along lol.

33 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Next up is my worry about Byleth not having a female variation. I just love playing female characters in every game and wish more would give me the option.

I feel like so far they have been treating Byleth as an avatar character, and if that was the case, I wouldn't see WHY he wouldn't have a female version just like every avatar before, so don't worry.

54 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

It is kind if funny how almost every topic regarding Three Houses talks about the fear (or hope in some cases) of a delay.

I am not worried about that yet, although I can understand. Maybe if there are no news in the next direct, whether or not that will be on 13th of febuary or later.

What I am worried about is if I will like Edelgards character. My mom would almost have been named Edelgard so my expectations for the FE character are huge for some reason. XD

I am actually quite grateful to Three Houses. Would have never learned that about my mom if not for FE Edelgard.

I also worry about character designs. Edelgard and Mercedes look fine. Claude is okay too but Dimitri has that weird hair which looks even worse in his 3d model. Hilda looks too simplistic and overall too pink. 

Last but not least I worry about the translations and dialogue in general. Heroes makes me really upset when dialogue is clearly meant for male players.

Please do not Stone me but.... are we not exaggerateing by "fearing" a delay ? It is a Videogame we are talking about after all.

I hope that Edelgard does not get taken over by the "male leaders" (taken over as in.....she just tags along with the guys. You know ? Like.....Lyn from FE 7 ?). I want a proper female lead that does not get shoved into a common Trope later on.

About the character designs ; from the first look I find them interesting. Even the art style is ok. I hope they do not pull the same Thing as with Camilla and Charlotte from FE Fates. Same goes for the Boys. I really do not want them to be dressed like.....that. I am fine with a few ones being flirty and all. Just....do not go overboard IS , ok ? -> Man this FE Fates comparisons just Keep coming. Geez.

Older characters like war Veterans would be neat. 

I would prefer if Byleth was straight up not an Avatar at all. Instead you could choose at the start of a file if you wanted a female Version or a male one. No Need for an Avatar at all.

And I hope they prefer Quality over quantity with the dialogues. Especially with the Support conversations. I do not want that mess that was FE Fates. *sigh* Seriously...why does FE Fates always Comes up in such comparisons. It is not like there are other games that had....."Problems" with them too (*stares like a maniac at FE Radiant Dawn*).

39 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I feel like so far they have been treating Byleth as an avatar character, and if that was the case, I wouldn't see WHY he wouldn't have a female version just like every avatar before, so don't worry.

Oh my... Looks like someone is really hungry. *snickers*  Seriously though... I hope they do not overuse These character tropes too much. The last Thing I want is a character (female or male...does not matter) that is flat as a Card board. Or her/his one character trait is cranked up to max.

I know this Sounds wierd but... I hope that everyone in the cast gets enough development for her/his character (including backstories and all). Even if it means to shrink down the Overall size of playable characters, I would be ok with that (not like...the size of FE 8...but you know what I mean).

22 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Absolutely. :D

I am looking forward to your opinion on upcoming characters then. ;)

22 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Yeah. I know that. It would not even make a lot of sense to take away the option of a female avatar, but you know... irrational fears/worries.

Talking about fear...

21 hours ago, Guest Dia said:

Please do not Stone me but.... are we not exaggerateing by "fearing" a delay ? It is a Videogame we are talking about after all.

I guess "fearing" was too strong in my choice of words? English is not my first language though. ?

21 hours ago, Guest Dia said:

I hope that Edelgard does not get taken over by the "male leaders" [...] I want a proper female lead that does not get shoved into a common Trope later on.

About the character designs ; from the first look I find them interesting. Even the art style is ok. I hope they do not pull the same Thing as with Camilla and Charlotte from FE Fates. Same goes for the Boys. I really do not want them to be dressed like.....that. [...]

[...]

I would prefer if Byleth was straight up not an Avatar at all. Instead you could choose at the start of a file if you wanted a female Version or a male one. No Need for an Avatar at all.

And I hope they prefer Quality over quantity with the dialogues. Especially with the Support conversations. I do not want that mess that was FE Fates. *sigh* Seriously...why does FE Fates always Comes up in such comparisons. It is not like there are other games that had....."Problems" with them too (*stares like a maniac at FE Radiant Dawn

I wish Edelgard would stay the main focus or highly relevant throughout the story too. But I will not expect too much from IntSys.

Please don't start bashing Camilla and Charlotte. Why is Kagero never included there? Whatever...I agree that the clothing of many (mostly female) characters is laughable. Like...please give everyone that rides horses, pegasi or wyverns pants at the very least. I am hurting with them.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I really like Camilla. She is so beautiful and she would have been beautiful fully dressed or dressed similarly to Cherche.

Well...aren't Avatars in FE just customizable characters anyways? Would be better if they could tone down player pandering though. I just enjoy customizing my own character for every playthrough. It's a good bonus.

Fates supports might not have been good for all of them, but I'd prefer that over RD or Echoes.

1 hour ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Absolutely. :D

I am looking forward to your opinion on upcoming characters then. ;)

Yeah. I know that. It would not even make a lot of sense to take away the option of a female avatar, but you know... irrational fears/worries.

Talking about fear...

I guess "fearing" was too strong in my choice of words? English is not my first language though. ?

I wish Edelgard would stay the main focus or highly relevant throughout the story too. But I will not expect too much from IntSys.

Please don't start bashing Camilla and Charlotte. Why is Kagero never included there? Whatever...I agree that the clothing of many (mostly female) characters is laughable. Like...please give everyone that rides horses, pegasi or wyverns pants at the very least. I am hurting with them.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I really like Camilla. She is so beautiful and she would have been beautiful fully dressed or dressed similarly to Cherche.

Well...aren't Avatars in FE just customizable characters anyways? Would be better if they could tone down player pandering though. I just enjoy customizing my own character for every playthrough. It's a good bonus.

Fates supports might not have been good for all of them, but I'd prefer that over RD or Echoes.

English is not my nativ language either. I guess I red a bit too much into that.

And I am not really bashing Camilla or Charlotte directly. I was mainly focused on how they were dressed. In a certain Support Conversasion with Camilla....you will get to know on why she is acting the way it is. It is just.....that clothing of hers ruins it. And Charlotte had an interesting idea of a character (hiding her true self behind a "mask" because of reasons). Sadly it was wasted again on that clothing of hers. -> Kagero ? I mean yeah....she has big breasts and her breast cleavage is pretty obvious. However... it is not on the same Level like Camilla or Charlottein my opinion. Kagero is not THAT skimpy dressed nor do we get....certain....cutscenes... that Camilla has ( I hope you know which two cutscenes I am talking about. Writing them down would be really embarrissing.)

Regarding Fates supports over RD or Echoes : Well...These are Kind of the extreme Ends of Support conversation. -> The one has so many , that the qulity really suffers for some of them (= Fates); the other two are the opposit as there are too few (or too generic; or None at all) Support conversation.

So really....you can pick your poison with These three games (regarding Support conversations).

Well yeah...Camilla's cutscenes were really unneeded in that way they did it. 

And I think Kagero receives less hate because she doesn't 'use' her sexuality. It is also very common in real life to hate an women who do. From rhe outfits I cannot really say she is better dressed. Nothing to say on Charlotte there...I did not like her at first, but she is interesting.

I am just a little annoyed because the same game and the same characters get bashed again and again. It's not like older games or Echoes were perfect. Every game has positive and negative points. It is just sad, because for a long time I was too timid to say that I enjoyed Fates (even though I agree with what is not so well executed.)

Well...they might have learned something and do better support quality now. Although I like reading supports, I wouldn't mind if there were a little less. They should make sense.

RD was just a letdown to me in that regard and Echoes was okay but not really satisfying. 

Hopefully they stick with the 'modern' support system. All As are possible for every character. S and/or A+ for only 1(each). It was such a hassle to read all supports with older games.

I am mostly concerned about how development is actually proceeding, and not so much about what they presented about the game so far. It definitely seems very different from past titles, but I feel like putting an emphasis on out-of-battle interactions (which the school seems to do) is a pretty good way to make a console FE more interesting. In that regard, it was actually something I wanted back when I was wishing for FE on Wii U. (Not necessarily a school environment, but at least some kind of battle camp or expanded Base feature)

So back to what I am actually concerned about... this game was dropped just out of nowhere in a January Direct a few years ago. Was it 2017? And then we didn't hear about it until last year at E3 (!) where we got a trailer that was mostly cinematic with a few gameplay sections. You could tell that those gameplay sections were unfinished - as one example, IIRC Mercedes looked like a generic npc. Not too surprising maybe, since the game was obviously not finished at that point. We also got to know that the game wasn't ready for 2018 anymore. So after that it was silent for more than half a year again, and now it has been delayed again.

I'm actually glad that it was delayed, and that we still got a release date. Something about the game just... looks a bit unpolished/unfinished to me, even in the latest trailer. So I'm just hoping that the delays are because the scale turned out a bit larger than they had anticipated, and not because they ran into problems while developing.

My only concern is how unfinished the portraits and some of the 3D models look. Like..... the portraits really do look pretty bad for a lot of the characters. They're just so flat and the colors used are... interesting to say the least. Compared to other works the artist for this game has done, I'm pretty surprised how bad the portraits look. The other thing that has me concerned is how Avatar customization is going to work, as we do see Byleth in actual cutscenes, so I don't know how much we will even be able to change him/her. (Which, tbh, I don't like how either Byleth looks so I'd want to be able to change their physical appearance)

Aside from that, I'm curious to see how this plays out. It's definitely different from past FE games, but it certainly has my interest!

12 minutes ago, AntasticTunes said:

I am mostly concerned about how development is actually proceeding, and not so much about what they presented about the game so far. It definitely seems very different from past titles, but I feel like putting an emphasis on out-of-battle interactions (which the school seems to do) is a pretty good way to make a console FE more interesting. In that regard, it was actually something I wanted back when I was wishing for FE on Wii U. (Not necessarily a school environment, but at least some kind of battle camp or expanded Base feature)

So back to what I am actually concerned about... this game was dropped just out of nowhere in a January Direct a few years ago. Was it 2017? And then we didn't hear about it until last year at E3 (!) where we got a trailer that was mostly cinematic with a few gameplay sections. You could tell that those gameplay sections were unfinished - as one example, IIRC Mercedes looked like a generic npc. Not too surprising maybe, since the game was obviously not finished at that point. We also got to know that the game wasn't ready for 2018 anymore. So after that it was silent for more than half a year again, and now it has been delayed again.

I'm actually glad that it was delayed, and that we still got a release date. Something about the game just... looks a bit unpolished/unfinished to me, even in the latest trailer. So I'm just hoping that the delays are because the scale turned out a bit larger than they had anticipated, and not because they ran into problems while developing.

Honestly same. Honestly would not be surprised if we got another delay come the e3 direct. If I had to guess, this game probably started development somewhere around late 2015-early 2016-ish and I’m willing to bet the team was fairly divided what with echoes and heroes most likely in development at the time. The first delay is most likely due to that reason well that as well Nintendo wanting to focus on smash and pokemon at the time. I dunno about the second delay but something tells me there’s some kind of troubled development going on

I'm quite worried about the art of Three Houses. After the likes of Kozaki and Hidari, It's basically looks utterly generic and devoid of style and looks like they are trying for the Persona 5 audience.

1550141779732.jpg.4122f4651e40a48d4bd7e30cfe19d4e8.jpg

1550140773529.thumb.png.24eb64bd60006a3452390cdb7f292bd5.png

Look at that. Some people may take a riff at Kozaki's "anime" style but it at least he knows how to make a character distinctive (Ryoma's Lobster Armor and even Camillia's design).

Edited by Spatha

2 hours ago, AntasticTunes said:

Agreed. They definitely were far too optimistic announcing the game for a 2018 release. I'm so not linking the trend of "let's show 'em the game exists even if we barely developed it yet". I mean, look at what happened at Metroid Prime 4. On the other hand, I prefer waiting for a little bit longer than having a rushed game, so I'm not really complaining here.

I like most of what they showed in the new trailer. The only thing I really can't take is the 5 fps cutscene style. I know it's subjective, but it just hurts to watch.

Even with new things being shown off, I'm still massively underwhelmed by this game, especially by how bland and generic it looks. Furthermore, the whole "three paths" spiel sounds suspiciously like the one for Fates several years ago, and I wasn't happy how that turned out. 

As it stands, I may skip this like I did Fates and Echoes, and even if I don't, it certainly won't be a day one purchase.

I will give the developers credit in that they try something new. However.... that School Setting is not really appealing to me. There are enough games already who use that Setting.

And....well....since the characters are wearing Kind of a School uniform , that makes it harder to put unique characteristics on the "students". -> Portraits look fine to me. -> I just hope they do not Focus too much on that "out-of-battle" style.

-> In previous FE entries the preperations took much less time (because of all These "teachings" Happening either off Screen or in battle) and emphasis much more on the battle itself ,right ? This does not seem to be the case in this game.

-> If they do that silly Thing AGAIN with the three paths like they did with FE Fates I will really scream of Anger. That is the last Thing I want.

3 hours ago, Guest Dia said:

-> If they do that silly Thing AGAIN with the three paths like they did with FE Fates I will really scream of Anger. That is the last Thing I want.

I'm honestly not even buying the game if I have to do it three times again.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The teaching stuff could be a disaster, but if it's worked in the way I think it will be, it looks like a lot of fun, and a lot like a mechanic I've had ideas for in the past.

7 minutes ago, Guest Suan said:

I'm honestly not even buying the game if I have to do it three times again.

You won't. There are already pre-orders happening, with no mention of it only being part of the game.

Like most probably are, I'm cautious but also hopeful on this. I just want them to somehow manage the school setting and story and characters right. Gameplaywise I'm not worried as it'll be fun no matter what, but everything else I'm worried on. I just don't want this game to pull a Valkyria Chronicles 2 and halt all the momentum the series has. Granted I know FE is more popular and this probably won't happen but I'm still concerned.