New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Why. This makes no sense when Hrid and Alm are right there waiting. Can't believe they've been shafted so hard. Extremely disappointing.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, that's underwhelming. As much as I like Eirika and think she's as deserving of a legendary version as Ephraim, there are a lot of more pressing options. Like Hrid.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Why. This makes no sense when Hrid and Alm are right there waiting. Can't believe they've been shafted so hard. Extremely disappointing.

Not to mention Eliwood when Lyn and Hector got theirs early this year

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

Not to mention Eliwood when Lyn and Hector got theirs early this year

Eliwood isn't popular though. But neither is Eirika (at least compared to other characters, and Alm and Hrid have definitely been way more requested regardless), so...

Also, what does Eirika do to deserve legendary status? I just remember her being extremely naive, dumb, and canonically not even strong in combat.

Edited by Anacybele

Congrats to all Eirika fans!  Easy skip for me- I don't want any of the characters on the banner, so I can hopefully save for laguz next week.  (Sanaki may be Tellian, but I will avoid this version of her like the plague).  Maybe Micaiah will be one of the first upcoming colorless heroes.

(Please let there be laguz next week...)

Oh thank GOODNESS it’s not Hrid. I wanted him so bad, but if it was him I wouldn’t have had ANY orbs. 

Nobody on this banner is worth pulling for (aside from extra copies of Flying!Olivia), but Niles and Kliff are gettting all my orbs. Whew.

Glad Eirika got a Legendary she deserved it after Ephraim. I don’t even mind the alts, she made sense to me.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eliwood isn't popular though. But neither is Eirika (at least compared to other characters, and Alm and Hrid have definitely been way more requested regardless), so...

Eirika is very popular. She got 11th place on the first CYL and 7th place on the second. Alm, in contrast, got 9th place on CYL2, with 18k votes compared to Eirika's 27k.

That said, Eirika has already gotten an alt, while Alm has not.

Edited by Othin

Yeah...I only have one thing to say: 

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry Myrrh but Eirika is Eirika and I'll get every alt of her, although legendary banners scare me.

Edited by Alexmender

Uhhhh.

I mean, I actually like Eirika, but I don't think this was a good move. For several reasons. One, all three Eirikas are red now. Two, she also got a non-legendary non-seasonal alt in the summoning pool. Three, where the fuck are Alm and literally any Jugdral hero?

I've kind of given up on Hrid at this point, and I can understand why he wouldn't be a legendary hero, especially with his wielding a red sword, but ...

ALL THE RED LEGENDARIES ARE SWORDS
WHERE IS OUR RED BOW
WHERE ARE ANY OF OUR VALENTIAN AND JUGDRAL LEGENDARIES

This just doesn't make any sense!

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't our next representative have been a dude? Like ... I can understand why the legendary banners would want to have equal numbers of male and female (if they were even going for that), but if there were more guys than girls, that's understandable because FE just has more male lords. I really hope there will not be more female legendaries than male legendaries because that's just unacceptable based on the lord+important plot characters gender ratio.

EDIT: Anacybele, by that logic, why did Lyn and f!Grima deserve to be legendaries. Why Tiki? Why Fjorm and Gunnthra? Why Ryoma, who is not even a lord? At the very least, Eirika and Ephraim are treated equally by plot. Excluding popularity, Eirika has more of a "plot" reason to be legendary than at least the aforementioned characters.

Edited by Sunwoo

Well that is depressing, while I like Erika I was really hoping for Hrid.  Well at least this means I have 2 color choices to snip in the hopes of a flying dancer since I have yet to pull one, this will be my best chance.  Red and blue hell here I come.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Eirika is very popular. She got 11th place on the first CYL and 7th place on the second. Alm, in contrast, got 9th place on CYL2, with 18k votes compared to Eirika's 27k.

That's weird. I almost never see any talk of her at all. People talk far more about Ephraim or Lucina or Ike or Lyn or what not.

Eirika is not a favourite of mine, but considering Ephraim got a legendary alt it's only fair she does too. And the art is very nice as usual for her. It feels really random and unnecessary, though. Still, glad for her fans.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't our next representative have been a dude? Like ... I can understand why the legendary banners would want to have equal numbers of male and female (if they were even going for that), but if there were more guys than girls, that's understandable because FE just has more male lords. I really hope there will not be more female legendaries than male legendaries because that's just unacceptable based on the lord+important plot characters gender ratio.

So far, legendary gender counts have had a difference of 0-2, always in favor of female whenever they aren't equal. This stays within that bound. Arguably, this is because of Fjorm and Gunnthra: we've always had at least as many non-OC male legendaries as female ones.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's weird. I almost never see any talk of her at all. People talk far more about Ephraim or Lucina or Ike or Lyn or what not.

She's not on Lucina/Ike/Lyn levels of popularity, but few characters are, and Alm isn't one of them either.

Ephraim and Eirika got very similar scores on both CYL1 and CYL2.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This community is a tiny fraction of the total playerbase of FEH. Even if something is an absoulute consensus here can certainly be a small minority in the grand scheme of things

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

ALL THE RED LEGENDARIES ARE SWORDS
WHERE IS OUR RED BOW
WHERE ARE ANY OF OUR VALENTIAN AND JUGDRAL LEGENDARIES

This just doesn't make any sense!

INB4: We get Legendary red Omega Ragnarok wielding Celica next time. Alm fans don't get their legendary hero until 2020. (I really, really wish you all luck and that it comes sooner)

Also, I'm pretty sure the "gender pattern" has long since been scrapped

Well, red is a really good pull for me because I need that flying Olivia, my summer Tana is -atk, and Eirika is of course the main prize here.

Also, here's an ironic thing: the only "dud" on this banner for me is Innes. Because I just pulled him recently. Oh man, if I hadn't pulled my current Innes on the new power banner, this banner would've been perfect and I wouldn't been going so hard for Innes. But whatever XD;

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

Also, I'm pretty sure the "gender pattern" has long since been scrapped

Technically, yes, but there really shouldn't be more legendary female heroes when male lords literally outnumber them by a lot. This isn't a fault of Heroes, but just how the number of lords and important characters in FE ended up being. For example, as adorably OP as legendary Tiki is, I'm not 100% sure if she should've been a legendary over Seliph, Sigurd, Leif, or Alm based on factors like being a lord and accomplishments. Same goes for Ryoma, but I'm not touching Fates arguments with a 100 ft pole.

Edited by Sunwoo

Well this is a pretty mediocre banner overall, at least for me. Eirika looks okay, but her personal skill is rather iffy, especially since it's exactly at odds with her default special and that cooldown increase isn't so nice. Ark/Spd solo will make some PP units quite happy, but I won't have enough of it to really matter. Aside from the dancers and Genny, I either have everyone or don't want them. At least I can save up some. Also, rather off-topic, but a bit disappointed that RD and BB are so far out.

I'm glad for her and her fans, but for me SM!Eirika >>

@Diovani Bressan If I read that correctly, it's bonfire, but with enemy defense, not Luna, which means that moonbow insta-cuts that to 35% of enemy's defense. Though it might be true damage, which'd be sweet. I feel like a lot of units anymore have kits that kind of work together, but are also a bit awkward. Like Marth with Falchion and Fire Emblem; Owain with his sword, blue flame, and wrath (special spiral would've syneegized perfectly); and now Eirika with her special skill and moonbow.

Thinking about it, Eirika being a Water Hero is actually kind of brilliant considering her bracelet and Ephraim’s bracelet.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, what does Eirika do to deserve legendary status? I just remember her being extremely naive, dumb, and canonically not even strong in combat.

As was said before, what did Lyn, Female Grima, Fjorn and Gunnthra did to be legendary heroes? Plus where Eirika was ever dumb? And she’s not even weak, as even Ephraim praises her skill.

Please don’t go insulting a characters and making things up just because you don’t like her.